Reverb in Blue: Session 2 (OOC)

Discussions out-of-character (OOC) and Q&A about the game.
Forum rules
Use LS * Use DS * Update
kanila
Jedi Initiate

Re: Reverb in Blue: Session 2 (OOC)

Post by kanila » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:15 pm

Would having Kri and the cam droid come along with me to talk with Ellimelli provide a boost to my Charm? Kinda like a show of good faith? I’m assuming if I didn’t it would incur setback.
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

Spiritbw
Flyboy

Post by Spiritbw » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:47 pm

SavageBob wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:01 pm
Boutrose Saba-Norr wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:08 pm
Lol never seen so many before,

Also I forget but is two advantages enough to learn one of someone’s motivation things?
Yep, those reds have been productive for me as GM! :lol:

ImageImage is enough to learn the target's Strength or Flaw, but not his Desire or Fear. If someone has a preference before I post, I'm game for either. If not, I'll just pick one.

The Image... Let me think on that one. It could be that he guesses you have ulterior motives for being in the club. Not sure yet.
Don’t think either would help more than the other at this time.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:54 pm

I may just be borderline evil but I want the Flaw so I can exploit it! Haha but that’s just me. You guys can decide.
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:49 pm

kanila wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:15 pm
Would having Kri and the cam droid come along with me to talk with Ellimelli provide a boost to my Charm? Kinda like a show of good faith? I’m assuming if I didn’t it would incur setback.
Yeah, I'm thinking a Image. She presumably wants to talk shop in private, but she's not willing to risk the camdroid being hidden away again. She loses her leverage if the sack leaves her sight.

Spiritbw
Flyboy

Post by Spiritbw » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:15 am

Kithaba is giving me flash backs of a Klatoonian in my tabletop game. Looking for the god that killed her god(assasin killed a Hutt. Only a god can kill a god and they must be the stronger god...) as part of the obligation.

Now having a moral dilemma over this as Meshel has never been brought up in the Klatoonian culture of Hutt worship. He’s been on the streets amongst all races all him life. Still, fellow Klatoonian.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:56 pm

What’s the difficulty for Coercion against Ellimelli? I’ll using Cutting Questions and roll Deception in its place though.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:57 pm

Spiritbw wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:15 am
Kithaba is giving me flash backs of a Klatoonian in my tabletop game. Looking for the god that killed her god(assasin killed a Hutt. Only a god can kill a god and they must be the stronger god...) as part of the obligation.

Now having a moral dilemma over this as Meshel has never been brought up in the Klatoonian culture of Hutt worship. He’s been on the streets amongst all races all him life. Still, fellow Klatoonian.
:lol: I actually ported Lalkan over from my tabletop game. There, he was the lone survivor of a Klatooinian village being preyed upon by fellow Klatooinian cultists who were sacrificing them to the Hutts. Not his backstory here, of course. The challenge for Meshel now is how to handle a guy who thinks Meshel worships Hutts and to keep that guy from hounding him so he can "help" with the "mission." Image indeed!

@kanila: Feel free to make a counteroffer if you wish. If that's your angle, you'll probably want to try Negotiation, but Charm or Coercion (or even Deception) may come into play depending on your approach. Let me know which you'd prefer, and I'll give you the difficulty. Or Ryg'gos may accept her initial "offer" of sharing the footage, in which case there's no need to roll.

@DeepSpacer: It's not a "social combat" per se, but Jessa can try to get more information out of Granari with a social check. Let me know what approach you'd like to take (Charm, Coercion, Deception) and I'll give you the difficulty. Or she can let it drop.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:04 pm

Should I post and roll after? That way you can determine what’s best?

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:14 pm

kanila wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:04 pm
Should I post and roll after? That way you can determine what’s best?
Go ahead and edit your post to include the roll. Sounds like it could be Deception or Coercion. Let's say Coercion, which will be opposed by her (non-existent) Discipline of ImageImage with a Image since she's pretty sure she saw the camdroid. If you want to activate Cutting Question, you can do so, and roll Deception versus this difficulty instead. 2 strain if you fail, otherwise she takes strain for each uncancelled Image you get.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:21 pm

I’ll go with Cutting Question, at that difficulty. I’ll roll and update the IC.

Ryg’gos ; Hyperlight Echoes ; Deception w/Cutting Question:
1 Success, 1 Advantage

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

@SavageBob Updated

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:19 pm

If I flip a LS could Kri have pocketed the droid while I was talking with Ellimelli? I would guess a Stealth check would be required.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:30 pm

@SavageBob Jessa wants to see how she reacts to the questions and conversation before she decides on a course of action. Jessa is definitely one to use this person to her advantage.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:01 pm

DeepSpacer wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:30 pm
@SavageBob Jessa wants to see how she reacts to the questions and conversation before she decides on a course of action. Jessa is definitely one to use this person to her advantage.
Granari seems to have dropped the issue. It's in Jessa's hands if she wants to press the matter in some way (with a social check of some kind).
kanila wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:19 pm
If I flip a LS could Kri have pocketed the droid while I was talking with Ellimelli? I would guess a Stealth check would be required.
Do you mean Kri moved the droid from the bag onto her person somehow? Like in her coat? That would take Stealth, yeah. Would be kind of hard, as I'm picturing this thing as probably the size of a volleyball. But let me know if you'd like that to be the case. Another possibility is Kri's hidden it somewhere behind the bar, which might be easier, but would open up the possibility of a club staff member finding it. Either one sounds right for a LS flip (since Ryg'gos can't communicate these ideas to Kri).

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:10 pm

I think hiding it behind the bar, even if it is only temporary is best. She could always sneak it back into the bag after I show Ellimelli. Do you want me to post asking for the bag?

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:24 pm

kanila wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:10 pm
I think hiding it behind the bar, even if it is only temporary is best. She could always sneak it back into the bag after I show Ellimelli. Do you want me to post asking for the bag?
Yeah, go ahead and flip the DP and ask for the bag. I'll embed Kri's Stealth check in Ellimelli's response!

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:38 pm

So, enemy Image! How would you like to spend it, Kanila? I can figure out how to use her Image after we determine what the Image means.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:49 pm

Strength and weakness maybe?

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:50 pm

kanila wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:49 pm
She's still not to the point where she's willing to negotiate (each encounter is different, but I think she needs to be at least at half strain for that). The current approach looks like Charm to me. Roll versus ImageImageImage.

Looks like you moved the narrative forward before we could use the despair and advantages though. I'll let you get one of her Motivations since we've moved a bit further along, or you can use her Image to upgrade your Charm roll. Let's say her four Image are that Kri's a bit boxed in right now and can't leave just yet.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:55 pm

@Spiritbw, sounds like Meshel's trying to Charm Lalkan. You can just edit your post to add in the roll. Roll versus ImageImageImage but with ImageImage for appealing to the "Ancient Ones." I'll throw in a third Image because he's the same species.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:01 pm

SavageBob wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:50 pm
kanila wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:49 pm
She's still not to the point where she's willing to negotiate (each encounter is different, but I think she needs to be at least at half strain for that). The current approach looks like Charm to me. Roll versus ImageImageImage.

Looks like you moved the narrative forward before we could use the despair and advantages though. I'll let you get one of her Motivations since we've moved a bit further along, or you can use her Image to upgrade your Charm roll. Let's say her four Image are that Kri's a bit boxed in right now and can't leave just yet.
Sorry about that. I’ll just take one of the motivations then. Whichever you deem appropriate. And do you want the Charm check just edited in?
Spoiler:
Ryg’gos ; Hyperlight Echoes ; Charm:
2 Successes, 1 Advantage

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:13 pm

Go to the VA for the day and you guys go nuts on the conversation...lol
@SavageBob since no one else has done so, what roll will Targus need as a roll to schmooze Kittobuck a little?

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:24 pm

ThreeBFour wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:13 pm
@SavageBob since no one else has done so, what roll will Targus need as a roll to schmooze Kittobuck a little?
Going to the VA is horrible!

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:27 pm

@SavageBob What's the Charm difficulty versus Granari? Any mods (good or bad) for Jessa's "approach"?

She is hesitant to use a Zannel reference, preferring not to bring up that part of her (Jessa's) past, even though it might possibly be beneficial at the moment.

Spiritbw
Flyboy

Post by Spiritbw » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:32 pm

SavageBob wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:55 pm
@, sounds like Meshel's trying to Charm Lalkan. You can just edit your post to add in the roll. Roll versus ImageImageImage but with ImageImage for appealing to the "Ancient Ones." I'll throw in a third Image because he's the same species.
It’s official. The dice hate the Blueshift Echoes.
Meshel; Hyperspace Echoes ; Charm fellow Klatoonian :
1 Failure, 1 Advantage, 1 Despair,

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:32 pm

kanila wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:24 pm
ThreeBFour wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:13 pm
Going to the VA is horrible!
5 appointments today with a free gift of a pair of crutches. Orthoscopic surgery on the 23rd.

Return to “Discussion”