IC - "The Ison Corridor"

The game's in-character (IC) narrative.
DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Re: IC - "The Ison Corridor"

Post by DeepSpacer » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:47 pm

The relatively small Ison Station has one main hangar. The landing facility has 3 other ships in the cavernous landing area, a YT-class freighter and two cloak-shaped starfighters. Near those ships are a few humans and non-humans sitting on some crates a having a discussion when they pause to watch the Red Dawn come in for a landing.

You see some diminutive Ugnaughts, some labor droids, and then a green-skinned alien with a large head, large, red eyes, and large hands….a Duros keying in something on a data pad. In the background are some slate-colored, square-jawed laborers.

Upon first observation, the area is far from efficient, with loose parts lying around and remnants of rubble strewn about. Maybe you expect that, given the remoteness of this station. In the back of the hangar, bracketing the entryways, are pairs of rather intimidating guards with long beards and turbans. They bear a metallic breastplate for armor and what appear to be large, heavy repeating rifles. No one is speaking to them.

The landing platform lowers and Oona, Helios, Thino, Vesper, and Lanna And Cpt. Kettel descend into the hangar. Several beings in the hangar now look up at their new guests.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:06 pm

Vesper scans the area for an sign of aggression, but nothing stands out save the turbaned guards. Leave them alone, and they'll probably leave us alone, she thinks. "Guess we'd better find out about our repair options. Maybe one of the Ugnaughts might know who to talk to?" The medic approaches one of the porcine beings. "Um... Excuse me, Sir... Ma'am? Sir. Can you direct us to a competent mechanic?"

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:18 am

Oona disembarks the Red Dawn shortly behind Vesper, having stopped by her gear to stash her jacket. As she steps down into the hangar, she feels more relaxed without the bulk jacket.

With the Doctor attempting to source repairs, Oona, instead approaches the Duros, mustering an air of semi-formal friendliness "Greetings, would I be correct to presume that you are the reception party?" She eyes the guards towards the back.

[OOC: @DeepSpacer Could I make a knowledge roll to see if I recognise anything about these guards? It sounds like a relatively distinctive look.]

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:26 am

SavageBob wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:06 pm
"Guess we'd better find out about our repair options. Maybe one of the Ugnaughts might know who to talk to?" The medic approaches one of the porcine beings. "Um... Excuse me, Sir... Ma'am? Sir. Can you direct us to a competent mechanic?"
A short porcine being looks up at you momentarily with a wrench in his hand, looking somewhat confused. He snorts something unintelligible, and then goes back to work. By the hurriedly nature of his actions, you suspect he said something like, "Work, work, work....work to be done."

You couldn't be sure, but you think the ones over on the crates are mocking you for your newbie-like behavior.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:34 am

SanguineAngel wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:18 am
With the Doctor attempting to source repairs, Oona, instead approaches the Duros, mustering an air of semi-formal friendliness "Greetings, would I be correct to presume that you are the reception party?" She eyes the guards towards the back.
"That's a strange way to put it, but I am able to assist you, if that is your meaning."

"Larwin Henso, I am an overseer here at Ison Station. Looks like your ship has seen some significant damage. You won't be getting far with something like that. "
The Duros assumes you are in charge, you think.
Henso, Larwin.jpg
Henso, Larwin.jpg (12.66 KiB) Viewed 3812 times
As the conversation starts up, another Duros (mechanic, you assume) steps out from behind one of the ships to have a look at the newbs. He has a surly, distrusting look, which seems to be his natural disposition.
Henso, Kamar.jpg
Henso, Kamar.jpg (113.09 KiB) Viewed 3812 times

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:08 pm

There's something familiar about those guards... As the Duros responds, Oona returns her attention to him. "Mr Henso, thank you. You're absolutely correct and we were hoping that there would be facilities on board here to repair the damage to our ship, if you could direct us accordingly." A cordial nod in the direction of the second Duros as he makes his appearance.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:55 am

Thino had been walking behind the others, having taken extra time to stow the datapad on the ship for safekeeping, and now he couldn't get some of the details of it off his mind, Lone ione, ione Lone, why is that familiar?
He needed to find the right time to tell the crew about what was on the datapad but before that, there was something he needed to do. Walking over to the second Duros thino gestured towards his Cigara, “Can I get one off you?”
Active: Thino Krist Vo Cari Thew'Ruk Turugh’aie’azanon
Inactive: Goran Hownar Edessa

Currently on Dubai time

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:06 pm

Seeing that Oona is having more luck talking with the local riffraff, Vesper joins the others.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:31 pm

Helios seeing the others preoccupied trying to be social beings performing a post flight inspection of his ship. Trying to look professional, but mostly as a way to take a slow look around the hanger and gauge what is going on both with the ship and the station a little better.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:41 am

SanguineAngel wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:08 pm
As the Duros responds, Oona returns her attention to him. "Mr Henso, thank you. You're absolutely correct and we were hoping that there would be facilities on board here to repair the damage to our ship, if you could direct us accordingly." A cordial nod in the direction of the second Duros as he makes his appearance.
“We repair ships, alright.” he says as he looks around at the smallish humanoid and droids milling about. “And YOU are WHO???” he asks kindly.

“Did you have trouble with Pirates? That’s quite some damage. I can see the carbon scarring from all the way over here!”

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:53 am

Boutrose Saba-Norr wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:55 am
He needed to find the right time to tell the crew about what was on the datapad but before that, there was something he needed to do. Walking over to the second Duros thino gestured towards his Cigara, “Can I get one off you?”
At first, the Duros seems caught off-guard by the request by another green-skinned alien and he hesitates as if you just mentioned the name of one of his dead relatives. "Who ARE you???"
Spoiler:
Unbeknownst to you (Thino), this is an item he is very possessive of. They're hard to come by in this section of space. You'll have to make a Charm check to see if Thino's request is done in a way to get on his good side. The check reflects how good-natured and approachable your character is.

Make a Charm check. 2 Difficulty + 1 Setback die. Include it with your response to the :Who are you?" question.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:55 am

Thino smiles and holds his hand up in order to seem as congenial as possible, "Just a fellow traveler like yourself who's had a hard time of it today and could use a drag."
Spoiler:
Thino Krist; Uprising; First Impressions:
2 Failures, 1 Advantage, 1 Triumph,

ImageImageImageImageImage

Currently on Dubai time

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:47 pm

DeepSpacer wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:41 am
“We repair ships, alright.” he says as he looks around at the smallish humanoid and droids milling about. “And YOU are WHO???” he asks kindly.

“Did you have trouble with Pirates? That’s quite some damage. I can see the carbon scarring from all the way over here!”
Clocking the guards as the somewhat infamous Jannisaries, Oona intuits that the residents here may not be entirely unused to being on the wrong side of Imperial Law.

"Oh, we're running cargo out of Burnin Konn. We ran into a little judiciary interference on the way out, if you take my meaning. And so, as you can see, we've got to cut our route short for repairs. But I'm the sort, if the universe gives me Bantha piss, I make Tatooinian Firebrew and sell it on at a reasonable markup.

Now, would you happen to know anyone we might talk to about getting a fair price for our cargo?"

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Oona, Vesper, Kettel.... w/ Larwin Henso

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:11 am

After listening to Oona's 'non-response' response (no name, no answer to the inquiry about Pirates), you sense the wheels turning in the Duro's head and he comes to a conclusion that seems right to him given the vagueness of your response. He's seen outlaws dodge those types of simple questions before.

"Ah, so YOU'RE the pirates, are ya?" says the Duros with a half-serious snicker. He leans in and asks in a patronizing manner with a slight smile, "And to WHOM am I to charge these docking fees to?".

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Thino w/ unnamed Duros mechanic & Helios

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:35 am

Boutrose Saba-Norr wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:55 am
Thino smiles and holds his hand up in order to seem as congenial as possible, "Just a fellow traveler like yourself who's had a hard time of it today and could use a drag."
Spoiler:
Thino Krist; Uprising; First Impressions:
2 Failures, 1 Advantage, 1 Triumph,
The Duros is a bit perplexed with the reference to him being a 'fellow traveller'. That, combined with the withholding of one's name and the request for one of his precious cigarras has put Thino on the unfriendly side of this Duros. (2 Failures) He responds to your request....
"Sorry, Spacer, all out!"
Spoiler:
NPC; Uprising; Deception Check vs Thino:
1 Success, 2 Advantages
ImageImageImage
Thino is unaware that he's been lied to.
"But if you're some nameless outlaw with a bounty on your head, you'd better steer clear of Kragen's Crew over there because they'll bag-n-tag you in a nanosecond for a few credits. They're part of the Ivax Syndicate and they don't play quaint games." (Advantage & Triumph)

"Now, if you'll excuse me, I have work to do."

With that, the Duros walks over to the Red Dawn where Helios is assessing the damage from the outside. He (the Duros) seems to have an appreciation for starships. He goes to stand beside Helios and speaks, "Nice ship. It's a shame to see it all scarred up, and such. Trouble with pirates? Imperials?"

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:43 am

"She's been through a lot in her time. Some is from pirates some from imperials some from rebels and some from collision damage. They say I'm crazy when I fly, but theirs no use flying if you don't push the limits. We ran across an unexpected debris field and some unfriendlies recently. Who here can fix her up.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:28 am

swrider wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:43 am
"She's been through a lot in her time. Some is from pirates some from imperials some from rebels and some from collision damage. They say I'm crazy when I fly, but there's no use flying if you don't push the limits. We ran across an unexpected debris field and some unfriendlies recently. Who here can fix her up. (?)
"I know what you mean. I've been on this station FAR too long. I don't get out enough. When I do get out, it's flying freighters hauling ore. I miss those days...."

"We can fix her up nice..."
he says, and then nods his head a bit lower and retorts, "For the right price."

"Cigarra?"
...as he pulls out a new cigarra and offers Helios a smoke.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Re: Oona, Vesper, Kettel.... w/ Larwin Henso

Post by SavageBob » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:54 am

DeepSpacer wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:11 am
After listening to Oona's 'non-response' response (no name, no answer to the inquiry about Pirates), you sense the wheels turning in the Duro's head and he comes to a conclusion that seems right to him given the vagueness of your response. He's seen outlaws dodge those types of simple questions before.

"Ah, so YOU'RE the pirates, are ya?" says the Duros with a half-serious snicker. He leans in and asks in a patronizing manner with a slight smile, "And to WHOM am I to charge these docking fees to?".
"You can charge them to us, of course," Vesper says. "We're no pirates, though. Just honest traders from Burnin Konn. My name's Vesper Reshari, but Captain Loco over there is in charge." She gestures to Hell, being offered a cigarra over by the ship. "We'll need to unload this cargo to pay for the repairs. Know anyone who might need some clothing, tools, or heavy-machinery parts?"

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:41 am

SavageBob wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:54 am
"You can charge them to us, of course," Vesper says. ....... "We'll need to unload this cargo to pay for the repairs. Know anyone who might need some clothing, tools, or heavy-machinery parts?"

"Now we're talking! But wouldn't you need the cargo......ah, yes....if you're short on credits, then you'd have to barter. My brother Mazlum handles all of the negotiations around here. We're not usually in the habit of acquiring and storing goods, but maybe Mazlum knows an interested third party?"

Larwin looks around at the items lying in disarray on the floor of the hangar. "Excuse the mess, the Empire sent Stormtroopers here just a day ago. They said they were looking for TRAITORS! They didn’t find A THING, but left our station a mess!”

“Those metalheads tore through EVERYTHING.....and besides that, they took almost all of my fuel!”
“Well…” [snickering] “…except for my emergency reserves.”

“The Republic never did this….” He says trailing off.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:36 pm

DeepSpacer wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:28 am

"I know what you mean. I've been on this station FAR too long. I don't get out enough. When I do get out, it's flying freighters hauling ore. I miss those days...."

"We can fix her up nice..."
he says, and then nods his head a bit lower and retorts, "For the right price."

"Cigarra?"
...as he pulls out a new cigarra and offers Helios a smoke.
Hell looks at the offered cigara and shudders slightly.
"The last time I was offered one of those my hands had just be bound behind my back sitting in the pilot seat of an old speeder truck just before it was pushed over a large cliff. Long story, but those things are good luck! Thanks! We are willing to pay of course for the repairs, but need to offload our cargo first. Any merchants here or other traders?"

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:38 pm

DeepSpacer wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:41 am
"Now we're talking! But wouldn't you need the cargo......ah, yes....if you're short on credits, then you'd have to barter. My brother Mazlum handles all of the negotiations around here. We're not usually in the habit of acquiring and storing goods, but maybe Mazlum knows an interested third party?"

Larwin looks around at the items lying in disarray on the floor of the hangar. "Excuse the mess, the Empire sent Stormtroopers here just a day ago. They said they were looking for TRAITORS! They didn’t find A THING, but left our station a mess!”

“Those metalheads tore through EVERYTHING.....and besides that, they took almost all of my fuel!”
“Well…” [snickering] “…except for my emergency reserves.”

“The Republic never did this….” He says trailing off.
Vesper's voice falls to a somber tone. "Believe me, I sympathize. I'm supposed to be a medical officer for this crew, but seems like everywhere we go, I end up treating people just caught in the crossfire of the civil war." She scans the piles of components strewn about the hangar. "But the Empire—here? Doesn't seem your operation's big enough to catch their attention." Noticing the Ugnaughts working tirelessly, she adds a hasty, "No offense."

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:47 pm

As the Duros walked off Thino regretted his lack of a spare cigarra, and thought about perhaps arranging for a shipment of them to be sent here in the way of a thank you after they were on steadier terrain.
Poor guy, working out here and not even having a spare cigarra, that must be rough. Maybe we can arrange to have a box of them shipped here after we're all on steadier ground, it would be nice. But that's for the future, Thino's eyes narrowed as he glanced over at the Kragen Crew, Amature bounty hunters eh, the name seems familiar, have I run into them before?
Then off in the distance, Thino saw the Duros give a cigarra to Hellios, "Yo what the Kriff

Currently on Dubai time

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:07 am

SavageBob wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:38 pm
Vesper's.......She scans the piles of components strewn about the hangar. "But the Empire—here? Doesn't seem your operation's big enough to catch their attention." Noticing the Ugnaughts working tirelessly, she adds a hasty, "No offense."
"I told ya', they were looking for TRAITORS. Member of the Rebellion. Of course, they didn't find any. We're no Rebels, nor are we hiding any. They said some space transport went through The Corridor the day before. If they did, then they didn't stop here."
swrider wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:36 pm
"We are willing to pay of course for the repairs, but need to offload our cargo first. Any merchants here or other traders?"
"There a merchant or two who stops by regularly. They ought to be around. Mazlum knows them better than I do."

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:10 am

I appreciate the info. Im Hellios my freinds call me Hell. What brings you to this remote location?

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:07 am

swrider wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:10 am
I appreciate the info. Im Hellios my freinds call me Hell. What brings you to this remote location?
"I work here, naturally. What did you think I do? The name's Kamar. I work here with my brothers. We operate the place."

Return to “The Story”