Arc I - OOC

Discussions out-of-character (OOC) and Q&A about the game.
Forum rules
Image *Use LS*Use DS *

Update Force Pool
ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Re: Arc I - OOC

Post by ShadoWarrior » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:29 am

While it's true that some Force abilities show no visible effects perhaps we can consider that a Force sensitive person can probably tell when the Force is being actively wielded nearby. "Disturbances in the Force", remember? You can sense that something is going on (unless it is being deliberately hidden by a Force power whose purpose is to hide usage of the Force). What that something is, probably not, but that something is happening. Once you suspect that something unusual is happening then this is where Perception and other types of checks should probably come in, so as to try to figure out what's going on.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:41 am

Whoa! Curvian's a BEAST. (FR of 4) I hope she can do something useful!

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:45 am

Yeah, that's what I thought Shado, hence me saying she was doing something.

FR4 is one higher than an Inquisitor comes with, so I figured an actual master should be a bit better than an Inquisitor. If I was statting Exar Kun post-getting-super-powerful-amulets, I'd give him a 6. Palpatine would probably be 6 for me too, just he'd have a bunch committed at any given time for alchemy or hiding stuff. I feel five is appropriate for things like normal high ranking masters, 4 for normal Jedi, 1 for Padawans just starting out, 2 for where you all are now, and 3 for early Knights.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:04 am

Doctor Who wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:59 am
As far as you can tell, it seems like Grandmother/Sete lost site of just Zyla.

Incidentally, since most Force Powers don't have visible signs of what they are, how does identifying what is happening work? I don't think I've ever encountered that except in I, Jedi where Luke could tell Corran was creating an illusion and not actually lifting the rock.
One of my favorite books ever, and Corran Horn is my favorite Jedi and a master of illusion.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:06 am

Mine too.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:12 am

Stackpole is probably my favorite writer overall, between Star Wars and Battletech, he wrote some very entertaining and intriguing books.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:23 am

ThreeBFour wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:04 am
One of my favorite books ever, and Corran Horn is my favorite Jedi and a master of illusion.
I liked him too. Pity that he got retconned out of existence when Disney created the new (crap) canon.

Vergence
Scoundrel

Post by Vergence » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:44 am

Doctor Who wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:27 pm
Yeah, this is no illusion.

Although Sith illusions, when powerful enough, will be detected by machines just as easily as living creatures (see Ulic's assault on the Republic Shipyards in TotJ).
Sweet, I figured as much. Even though the appearance is of combat is on the horizon, none has occurred yet. If ST-3R sought to detain the grandmother's arms/hands behind her back for binders, what sort of check would that be? Opposed Athletics? Brawl for grappling resistance? As far as I know, there isn't a clear set of rules and I'm not trying to inflict strain damage until she's unconscious either. ST-3R is just trying to follow a standard security procedure.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:06 am

IIRC when I did this in @DeepSpacer's game, it was Brawl vs Brawn. Grandmother has a one brawn, so you can attempt that. Adversary 3 from Sete, so it becomes Brawl vs. RPP
DeepSpacer wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:00 pm
Grapple is one of those things left wide open in FFG. I looked up a lot of forum stuff and we'll go with this:

Hard Brawl check against his three Brawn. Upgrade once with DP for Red-Purple-Purple.

Two Adv to activate disorient or knockdown. Three Adv or Triumph to Immobilize.{Edit: or ensnare}
Spend two advantages to knockdown or disorient grandmother. Three advantages/triumph to immobilize.

Vergence
Scoundrel

Post by Vergence » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:22 am

Doctor Who wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:06 am
IIRC when I did this in @DeepSpacer's game, it was Brawl vs Brawn. Grandmother has a one brawn, so you can attempt that. Adversary 3 from Sete, so it becomes Brawl vs. RPP
DeepSpacer wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:00 pm
Grapple is one of those things left wide open in FFG. I looked up a lot of forum stuff and we'll go with this:

Hard Brawl check against his three Brawn. Upgrade once with DP for Red-Purple-Purple.

Two Adv to activate disorient or knockdown. Three Adv or Triumph to Immobilize.{Edit: or ensnare}
Spend two advantages to knockdown or disorient grandmother. Three advantages/triumph to immobilize.
If Adversary 3 upgrades the check of 1 Brawn by 3x, wouldn't it just be RR? 1 Difficulty (Upgrade) to a Challenge, 1 Challenge (Upgrade) to 1 Challenge & 1 Purple, and 1 Challenge & Purple (Upgrade) to 2 Challenge dice? Further, would you allow Intense Focus be applied to the check too?

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:26 am

What does Intense Focus do?

And yeah, should be RR. I goofed.

Vergence
Scoundrel

Post by Vergence » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:30 am

Intense Focus: Before making a skill check, the character may perform the Intense Focus maneuver. The character suffers one strain to upgrade the ability of the skill check once.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:34 am

Yeah, that will work.

Vergence
Scoundrel

Post by Vergence » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:40 am

1 Maneuver to Engaged, 1 Maneuver for Intense Focus (-2 Strain), and Brawn VS Brawn Adversary 3 Action.
ST-3R; TotOR; Brawn VS Brawn:
3 Successes, 3 Threats

ImageImageImageImageImage

EDIT: Haha, just realized I don't have binders on my sheet. Uh, is fine to flip a DP for a security droid to have binders on him?
Last edited by Vergence on Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:50 am

That works, but ST-3R will take one strain, and the next good guy character to take an action gets a Setback (black) die.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:42 pm

Just a thought, but I think a "called shot" to hit an item someone is wielding adds ImageImage(no Boosts) if you spend a maneuver to Aim. It is only Image if you spend two consecutive maneuvers to 'Aim'.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:55 pm

Yeah, that's what Zyla did.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:37 am

This is why Waz'aru had himself taken out of the fight. With this guy's power level it would not be pretty when Waz finally failed a Discipline check.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:20 am

ThreeBFour wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:37 am
This is why Waz'aru had himself taken out of the fight. With this guy's power level it would not be pretty when Waz finally failed a Discipline check.
Good call. I'm so glad I decided to not take any risks. Now I just have to see how Arca can contribute to this fight when it becomes my turn again ... besides waiting for someone to take enough damage to need his attention. I need to figure out something that he can do to be proactive.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:59 am

ShadoWarrior wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:20 am
ThreeBFour wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:37 am
Good call. I'm so glad I decided to not take any risks. Now I just have to see how Arca can contribute to this fight when it becomes my turn again ... besides waiting for someone to take enough damage to need his attention. I need to figure out something that he can do to be proactive.
Sedate Grandmother? Maybe with her out, he won't have a vessel to manifest through?
Then of course you will have to figure out how to clean the Sith crap out of us... :mrgreen:

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:09 am

I can try to sedate granny, but that's considered an attack so I'd have to first score a hit. Then she gets to resist the drug. On top of all of that, the Sith controlling her isn't going to just let me jab her. Still, it's not like I have many great choices. But attacking her with an injector won't get me the yellow from my rank in LS. I wonder if Doc will allow me to use my skill in Medicine instead?

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:04 am

Yeah, she's currently restrained, so I'd be fine with you using medicine, but it counting as a combat check (so the adversary 3 applies).

Vergence
Scoundrel

Post by Vergence » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:48 am

Did the unleash come from her come hands or just general body? I'm now getting imagery that Granny just took a hook shot at Curvian with unleash :lol: In the Grandmother Ryn's voice, "Booya, you lightside kriffers!" followed by a wicked cackle.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:53 am

It came from her hand, like Palpatine or Snoke shooting lightning.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:07 pm

Doctor Who wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:04 am
Yeah, she's currently restrained, so I'd be fine with you using medicine, but it counting as a combat check (so the adversary 3 applies).
Thank you. Someone will need to let me know when Arca can take a turn again. I have no idea where we're at in the init order, or if it's a new round yet.

Return to “Discussion”