Arc I - OOC

Discussions out-of-character (OOC) and Q&A about the game.
Forum rules
Image *Use LS*Use DS *

Update Force Pool
Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Re: Arc I - OOC

Post by Doctor Who » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:41 pm

Your starting gear includes basic lightsabers. You just also have the training ones.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:43 pm

Ah, my bad haha. I might have to step up and challenge the old Ryn.
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:44 pm

Doctor Who wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:48 pm
So Arca wants to take the next slot?
I don't need to take the slot unless Waz'aru is in danger of losing self-control. If passing his Discipline check means that @ThreeBFour is still in control of Waz'aru then Arca can wait, otherwise I'd have to put Waz'aru down.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:04 pm

@Doctor Who I went back and looked in the IC and OOC, and maybe I missed it, but how are we to know what this green mist is, what it does, or what it could be an effect of? Thus far, Curivan got concerned and rushed to food prep and points saber at the Ryn. Trixie sees some strange green mist/cloud around the heads of the two Ryn (a Ryn thing, maybe?). The man forming out of the mist sort of cinches it and makes it a mute point. This no clue what that is or how that happened.

Is there a meta-game knowledge that some players have to identify (by effect) what is being done? Like that's the effect of some Force Power? I am not up-to-date on all the possible FP's. I just feel left out not knowing what's going on when it seems that others do. (Again, not that it matters with the adversary before us IC.)

If it were D&D I'd say Vampiric Mist and Magic Jar, maybe Charm or Dominate Person.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:24 pm

So Waz'aru and Grandmother ate some of the food the night before (she made that casserole). Only Waz'aru knows this. No one currently knows what the mist does, but as Waz'aru and the others found out in their research, the food has weird Sith symbols on some kind of bacteria present in them, repeated symbols that seemed to have some purposeful creation.

Basically, Curvian acts like she's knows what is going on, no one else truly knows currently. Except green glowy mist person.

My inspiration for this was... Well, a combination of the Rakghoul Plague and the Mechu-deru vitae, and that ritual thing Palpatine and Dooku were doing in Clone Wars' last season, when they were messing with Yoda's head.

So at this point I can say, I was hoping to have this happen during the dinner, but you guys knocked out investigation and got it figured out, so kudos on that.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:41 pm

Man if the crazy possession happened during the dinner there would be a TON of blood shed potential! Glad we figured it out early! I’m sure there will still be some backlash after the Diplomats find out dinner is canceled haha.
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:18 pm

I just realized I made a grave mistake by saying training saber haha.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:54 am

It wasn't until Waz'aru made the Farsight check that did nothing, that I remembered he had eaten the food we were investigating. Hence why he asked Arca if he had sedatives so he could be taken out of the fight before he looses control.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:26 am

ThreeBFour wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:54 am
It wasn't until Waz'aru made the Farsight check that did nothing, that I remembered he had eaten the food we were investigating. Hence why he asked Arca if he had sedatives so he could be taken out of the fight before he looses control.
Well, I can take your PC out if you really want me to, but I'd prefer to hold off if your Discipline check is going to keep you in control of your character. I'm not sure if the GM is going to let us know or not. It's your call, @ThreeBFour, because if I do it you'll be out for the rest of the encounter (or until I apply a stimulant to counter the sedation).
 ! Message from: ShadoWarrior
Note to the GM:
A willing PC can choose to affected by a drug. Otherwise they'd get a resistance check. So in this case, since the PC wants to be knocked out there's no roll needed.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:31 am

ShadoWarrior wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:26 am
ThreeBFour wrote:
Well, I can take your PC out if you really want me to, but I'd prefer to hold off if your Discipline check is going to keep you in control of your character. I'm not sure if the GM is going to let us know or not. It's your call, @ThreeBFour, because if I do it you'll be out for the rest of the encounter (or until I apply a stimulant to counter the sedation).
We'll play it by ear for now, he may still have more to add for the encounter.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:34 am

I will let you know what happens if Waz fails a check.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:55 am

ThreeBFour wrote:
How would he know that he'd lose control? Maybe the microbes are debilitating or hallucinogenic in some way? Maybe it was a sedative to lull attendees into a haze? I don't see how anyone would know one way or another. A bit moot now that we see the Grandmother mimic the newcomer's movements and we can piece that they are working together. We know the green aura lady is working in unison with the Sith (who came out of the green aura) almost like a puppet and that Waz has the same aura. Grandmother may have baked her last casserole.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:11 am

I think he was just guessing he'd lose control because he didn't know what would happen.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:18 am

Actually, since Arca isn't the sort of person to leave things to chance or take silly risks, and since his judgment is already clouded by some dark side rashness...

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:30 am

@DeepSpacer:
Using Suppress: Upgrades in Strength, Duration, and Control.
1 - Spend TWO LS Pips to "add (2) automatic Failures to Force power checks made against him or any ally within short range until the end of his next turn."
2 - Commit One Die to sustain this power.
3 - Commit One Die under Control to defend if I am targeted by a FP.
Committing a die means you do not have it available to roll for Force pips. So you need to decide whether to commit dice and how many before you roll. In this case you can do 1 & 3, or 1 & 2, or 2 & 3, or 1 x2. If I were you I'd do 1 & 2. That way, next turn, you don't have to do this again (it will be in effect as long as your die is committed) and you'll still have 1 die available to roll for some other Force thing.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:53 pm

DeepSpacer wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:55 am
ThreeBFour wrote:
How would he know that he'd lose control? Maybe the microbes are debilitating or hallucinogenic in some way? Maybe it was a sedative to lull attendees into a haze? I don't see how anyone would know one way or another. A bit moot now that we see the Grandmother mimic the newcomer's movements and we can piece that they are working together. We know the green aura lady is working in unison with the Sith (who came out of the green aura) almost like a puppet and that Waz has the same aura. Grandmother may have baked her last casserole.
Remember that Waz'aru spent extra time around the older Ryn, and he didn't notice anything out of the ordinary in her actions. So he is going by the fact that his own actions are normal and if both of them have the green haze there must be something wrong, as the both ate the food the Ithorian leader gave her. Which Acra, Varc, and Waz'aru discovered later to be contaminated.
Waz'aru figures it would be better to take himself out of the fight than to possibly have to face his new friends while under the control of the Sith.

Vergence
Scoundrel

Post by Vergence » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:09 pm

Doctor Who wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:24 pm
So Waz'aru and Grandmother ate some of the food the night before (she made that casserole). Only Waz'aru knows this. No one currently knows what the mist does, but as Waz'aru and the others found out in their research, the food has weird Sith symbols on some kind of bacteria present in them, repeated symbols that seemed to have some purposeful creation.

Basically, Curvian acts like she's knows what is going on, no one else truly knows currently. Except green glowy mist person.

My inspiration for this was... Well, a combination of the Rakghoul Plague and the Mechu-deru vitae, and that ritual thing Palpatine and Dooku were doing in Clone Wars' last season, when they were messing with Yoda's head.

So at this point I can say, I was hoping to have this happen during the dinner, but you guys knocked out investigation and got it figured out, so kudos on that.
I'm digging your personal Sith alchemy/magic usage interpretation. Just to confirm, not being able to see force illusions, does the droid still see the same events unfold?

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:19 pm

It's my understanding that what is happening is not a Force Illusion, also Waz'aru would have been able to pierce it if it was an illusion.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:27 pm

Yeah, this is no illusion.

Although Sith illusions, when powerful enough, will be detected by machines just as easily as living creatures (see Ulic's assault on the Republic Shipyards in TotJ).

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:43 pm

So who is actually up? Arca has jabbed Waz'aru and Trixie has used her Suppress ability.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:46 pm

Curvian I believe?

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:48 pm

Waiting to see what Trixie actually wants to do. As Shado pointed out, you can't commit all your Force dice the same time you roll them.

Because you commit them to activate or extend an effect, so you can't roll to activate the defense thing, while also committing one to extend the suppression thing.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:06 pm

ShadoWarrior wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:30 am
@DeepSpacer:
Using Suppress: Upgrades in Strength, Duration, and Control.
1 - Spend TWO LS Pips to "add (2) automatic Failures to Force power checks made against him or any ally within short range until the end of his next turn."
2 - Commit One Die to sustain this power.
3 - Commit One Die under Control to defend if I am targeted by a FP.
Committing a die means you do not have it available to roll for Force pips. So you need to decide whether to commit dice and how many before you roll. In this case you can do 1 & 3, or 1 & 2, or 2 & 3, or 1 x2. If I were you I'd do 1 & 2. That way, next turn, you don't have to do this again (it will be in effect as long as your die is committed) and you'll still have 1 die available to roll for some other Force thing.
Thanks, Shadow. That was clarification I was looking for. I pulled out F&D and it says nothing useful under using powers or committing dice (just that "you can", but not how to do it). For some reason, I did not see the post when it was made on Friday.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:44 am

Is that a Force Power that masked our presence?

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:59 am

As far as you can tell, it seems like Grandmother/Sete lost site of just Zyla.

Incidentally, since most Force Powers don't have visible signs of what they are, how does identifying what is happening work? I don't think I've ever encountered that except in I, Jedi where Luke could tell Corran was creating an illusion and not actually lifting the rock.

Return to “Discussion”