UPRISING OOC

Discussions out-of-character (OOC) and Q&A about the game.
Forum rules
ImageUse LSUse DS * Update
SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Re: UPRISING OOC (Echo Base)

Post by SavageBob » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:22 pm

Now that I think of it, I can probably roleplay all this shuffling around of medical gear, as DS has been encouraging us to do. :)

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:35 pm

Actually, there are two main differences. The other, which is all too often overlooked (because people tend to not carefully read long blocks of text description), is the collapsible repulsorlift gurney that's included in the ECM-598. Good luck trying to lift Lanna if she ever drops unconscious. All four other PCs would have trouble getting 150-200+ kilos of Wookiee off the ground.

The wiki values for the weights of humanoids of that size are greatly in error, a female Wookiee weighs a lot more than a mere 100 kg / 220 lbs. A human basketball player that's 7' tall weighs about 100-130kg, and Wookiees are taller and thicker (being much more heavily muscled, which adds a lot of mass).

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:03 pm

Vesper can just buy a medical datapad separately and get the same benefit. (It'd require GM approval, since it's technically a custom piece of gear that normally only comes packed in with the backpack.)
Sounds good to me. A regular datapad can have the info transferred to it.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:01 am

@Deep: Trip hasn't made a public statement, only told Rider and I in private, but he's dropping off the board for a while for personal IRL issues. I'm letting you know this because you'll have to decide whether his character, Sarenda, remains in our group as an NPC or whether she gets dumped before we leave Echo Base. If you're entertaining votes, I'd prefer that she remain in the party. This allows us to take advantage of her skills and talents, and provides Trip with a way to return to the game should he choose to do so in the future.

Kal Drahr
Scruffy-looking Nerf-herder

Post by Kal Drahr » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:43 pm

Kzar will take a commlink, a custom grip, a laser sight, and a blaster actuating module if that is alright.

Also can I get a Security S-5 blaster pistol from keeping the peace? It has pretty much the same stats, but only one hard point and a grappling hook.
Last edited by Kal Drahr on Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Re: Trip PC

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:17 am

ShadoWarrior wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:01 am
@Deep: Trip hasn't made a public statement, only told Rider and I in private, but he's dropping off the board for a while for personal IRL issues. I'm letting you know this because you'll have to decide whether his character, Sarenda, remains in our group as an NPC or whether she gets dumped before we leave Echo Base. If you're entertaining votes, I'd prefer that she remain in the party. This allows us to take advantage of her skills and talents, and provides Trip with a way to return to the game should he choose to do so in the future.
I prefer that, as well. Additionally, a Clawdite can "disappear" for a while on reconnaissance within an urban setting. Can easily resurface at a given point. Will run as an NPC in the meantime. Thanks for the head's up!

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Re: S-5 Blaster

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:04 am

Kal Drahr wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:43 pm
Also can I get a Security S-5 blaster pistol from keeping the peace? It has pretty much the same stats, but only one hard point and a grappling hook.
Such a weapon is not among the items before you. However, you've come across a rebel soldier recently by the name of 'Griessen Pok' who has such a weapon. You have heard that he is fond of heavy weaponry. He MAY be interested in some items in the room. You have a 5th choice left.
  • (1) ACP Repeater Gun: 7 Dmg, autofire, (R-Heavy)
    (1) Adostic Arms 8-gauge Scatter Gun: 7 Dmg, (Blast 3, Knockdown), slugthrower
    (1) DH-17 Carbine Blaster: 8 Dmg (Inaccurate 1) (R-Heavy)
You've overheard him talking of such things during Sabacc game nights. Whether you have joined in such games or just overheard this info, that's up to you. Whether you have warmed up to Griessen or kept your distance, that is also up to you.

You can narrate in the IC how you handle it. Your approach Griessen, how you know him, what item you chose, etc.. (He'll prefer one of the 3 weapons, but you must choose now what you think he'd like.) Depending on how you do it, it'll likely result in a skill check to get him to trade.

I like the idea of introducing another NPC and deepening our player's connections to the base. :D

Kal Drahr

Post by Kal Drahr » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:07 am

I'll go with the ACP repeater gun and post in the IC tomorrow.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:47 pm

Yeah, that didn't go as planned!

Vesper Reshari; Uprising; Charm check:
1 Failure, 3 Advantages

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Not sure what's kosher here. I was angling for the equivalent of the medical backpack (which includes the datapad and the gurney). I can't fathom narratively why he'd refuse to let Vesper copy the contents of a medical datapad, so that could be 1 Advantage. That is, unless all the datapads are checked our or something, and we'll be leaving before they get checked back in.

For the other 2? Maybe he can't spare a gurney, but he can at least let me swap out the emergency medkit for the regular version (same stats, just gives a boost die to Medicine checks and provides 1 stimpack per encounter).

If that's too much (and seems to be dodging the failure), maybe he can at least spare some stimpacks. (Again, I'm not sure how much I can do with that 3 Advantage!)

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:03 pm

SavageBob wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:47 pm
Yeah, that didn't go as planned!
That's why we roll! I think the %-success was over 60%. Pass or Fail, I can use it in the story.

Stneu73
Scoundrel

Post by Stneu73 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:18 pm

Sorry for my absence had a few essays for school to take care of. Voe is going to take a blaster actuating module, a custom grip, a datapad, a mod kit, and padded armor (maybe I don't know how well this fits in).

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:43 pm

Just a heads up: I'll be traveling this weekend and visiting relatives from the Stone Age (with no Internet at home and no options for public access nearby). I may be a bit touch and go until Monday.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:07 pm

SavageBob wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:43 pm
Just a heads up: I'll be traveling this weekend and visiting relatives from the Stone Age (with no Internet at home and no options for public access nearby). I may be a bit touch and go until Monday.
While I likely have more time than the rest of you all, I anticipate not much getting done until at least Sunday or Monday. However, I will advance things to the best point I can for those still in the loop over Thanksgiving. There are some small things that can be done until then. My local travel is only 35min, so I'll be home Thursday night.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Re: Cleaning Up

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:21 pm

By my count, everyone except Voe (Stneu73) has picked from the selection of items. May I suggest a custom or pistol grip for your BP? Datapad(s)?

In the IC I stated "meet back in 5 min", but I'll flip a DP to make it a different time (sometime later) and pick up the story there.

Kzar (Kal Drahr) has some attachments with potential modifications. With your up-to-five items, you've chosen 3, I'd suggest you grab two Mod Kits (100cr value) to round out your five. By my count you have up to 5 possible mods to make (accurate, damage(2), pierce(2)). If you get to the 3rd-5th mods, then you'll need to purchase additional mods kits at 100cr, per. Lanna (Shado) has a few mods to try and make, as well (accurate and pierce).

MODS: They require a Tool Kit and Workbench (add SB's without), plus a few hours of work. A Tool Kit and Workbench can be used either at Hoth Base or on the Red Dawn (which has both). Time is the biggest factor. An available mechanic or tech person is the other factor. The base has mechanics to help out, since it is an Alliance mission. They have a YYY dice pool. Svae Voe has a YYGG dice pool, which is better, but her time is limited with what SHE may want to do. With the time given both before the mission and aboard the ship, a PC can get up to 3 mods attempted during either juncture. At least at the base, 2-3 mechanics can work on separate mods at the same time. A PC present could yield a boost die to the checks as they assist the mechanic. On the ship, Svae Voe can only do one at a time. You can work it out with Svae Voe (if need be) after I post a rundown of what's going on before the mission.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Re: Red Dawn (2)

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:24 pm

ShadoWarrior wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:26 pm
The Red Dawn is the most obsolete ship that I've ever seen a GM use. A YT-1000??! The 1300 was obsolete by the Clone Wars, never mind the 1200 before it. A Class THREE hyperdrive? Damn thing will take forever to get anywhere. And one, weak, gun. It's a death trap. I sure hope we never have any space encounters. It's also quite a bit smaller than a YT-1300:
A young pilot's first ship! Like a high school kid's first clunker. Still, I think I am going to go with the YT-2000 instead. Better handling, Armor, HT, and weaponry.
Red Dawn (2).JPG
Red Dawn (2).JPG (63.54 KiB) Viewed 4802 times

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:55 pm

Thank you for choosing to give us a better ship. Much appreciated. As for Lanna, as a player I am quietly and (uncharacteristically) patiently biding my time waiting to see what Stneu73 does with Voe's time so I can see if Voe will have any time available to do Lanna's mods.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:13 pm

ShadoWarrior wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:55 pm
Thank you for choosing to give us a better ship. Much appreciated. As for Lanna, as a player I am quietly and (uncharacteristically) patiently biding my time waiting to see what Stneu73 does with Voe's time so I can see if Voe will have any time available to do Lanna's mods.
You're welcome. It's more of a PBP-thing vs IRL group, when I thought about it. In an IRL group, you can have 3hr sessions once every week, or two, to do so many more things....earn credits, do side-missions, upgrade ships/items, make contacts, roll lots of dice, etc... So I had no problem with a group having a gimpy ship to 'work on'. But, 3hrs of table time can be 3 months of PBP time, and who wants to spend their PBP time working on a ship?

Svae Voe may have some choices to make, as the Alliance may have a spare ship attachment or two laying around to install (+ mods). It wouldn't be impossible to try and 'delay' departure by a cycle if someone made the right roll (successfully) with the right person. ;)

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:50 pm

In light of your last OOC post I decided to go ahead and let an NPC do Lanna's mods. He or she completed both. Barely.
1st Pierce +1 mod:
Kallachitlanna; Uprising; Mechanics check:
4 Successes, 2 Threats

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

2nd Pierce +1 mod:
Kallachitlanna; Uprising; Mechanics check:
1 Success, 1 Threat

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:55 pm

ShadoWarrior wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:50 pm
In light of your last OOC post I decided to go ahead and let an NPC do Lanna's mods. He or she completed both. Barely.
EXCELLENT! It's always chancy. That pretty much takes up Lanna's pre-flight time as she assists the base mechanic, making sure it has the right feel to it.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:16 pm

"hyperspace and subspace travel"
No such thing as "subspace" in Star Wars. The correct term is "sublight". "Subspace" is a Trek term used to describe that universe's equivalent of hyperspace.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

XP & DUTY

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:33 pm

We'll catch ourselves here as the Thanksgiving holiday winds down. I hope that everyone had a relaxing time! This will give people time to catch up and something to do when they get back.

XP & Duty:
Each PC will receive 10XP.
Duty received is as follows:
15 Svae Xor Voe
15 Vesper Reshari
5 Kallachitlanna
5 Kzar Rook
5 Sarenda Iden
45 TOTAL DUTY

GM; UPRISING; Duty Roll:
Numeric Roll: 1D100+=13
Duty Effect: ALL PC's have their WT increased by "1". Svae Voe's WT increases by "2". This is effective until another breakpoint where Duty is rolled again.

Kal Drahr

Post by Kal Drahr » Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:54 am

Will take those two mod packs.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:01 pm

Very nice. Vesper's ready to go, since I think the stimpacks constitute her fifth piece of free equipment (so no mods will be possible).

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:06 am

Holiday is past. What are we waiting on now?

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:23 am

Stneu73 has been MIA for 6 days. Secondary schools are still in session, are colleges?

Return to “Discussion”