IC: To Dxun

The game's in-character (IC) narrative.
DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Re: IC: To Dxun

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:12 am

"A crystal such as this can be used in a Jedi's lightsaber. While it is of an unknown origin, these Sorian crystals are known to reflect and refract light (1 Success). replies Caspo over the comlink.

Anjali has great, personal insight into this crystal (2 LS Pips). This crystal is attuned to the Light Side of the Force. It belongs in a place like this cave. It belongs with a light side force-user. If it came to that point, then it would easily attune to herself.
Spoiler:
The yellow die is Caspo's upgraded assist (2 Succ)

Anjali; Alpha Squad; Lore check on crystal:
1 Success, 0 Advantage, 2 Light Side , 1 Dark Side

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:16 am

Monty can see that this item has an attraction to Anjali. "Do you think there are any more here? It looks valuable!" he says as he turns his head to look around the cave. A dense fog is about parts of this cavern near the floor.

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:55 pm

"Thanks, Caspo. I had a feeling that was the case." and Anjali clicks off the communicator. She continues to gaze at the crystal, her eyes losing focus for a moment while her mind wanders to the possibilities. Yes...a lightsaber indeed. Monty's comment snaps her out of her reverie, and she turns to respond to him.

"Uh, I'm not sure. I just had a...a feeling about this one. I can't say that there are any others or not."

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:06 am

"Seems peaceful enough." he says. "Plus, this is a pretty defensible position if any more predators come our way. Looks like one way in and, perhaps, another way out on the other end. This high ground is good, as well (pointing to the pile in the middle of the cavern)."

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:32 pm

"Monty, are you thinking we take a moment to rest here, or keep moving on?"

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:02 am

"We need to press on. Alamy is somewhere out there, ahead of us. We must press forward. Looks like there is a way THROUGH this cavern. It seems to open on the other side. Perhaps safe passage for a while without having to watch from all directions."

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:17 pm

"Yes, I agree. I was so mesmerized by this crystal, I didn't even notice the passage through here. Let's go." Anjali carefully tucks the crystal away, mentally vowing to spend more time examining it later.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:26 am

CAVE 0.jpg
CAVE 0.jpg (80.71 KiB) Viewed 2752 times
The foggy mist lingers behind the piles of rocks in the middle of the cavern. Perhaps eons ago there was a meaning to these stones? An altar? A staircase? Who knows? But today, they are simply moss-covered ruins of ages past. Beyond it the cool cavern rock reacts to the humid jungle air to create a foggy mist that permeates the cavern beyond it. It inclines downward at a slight angle as the walls of the cavern rise. First goes Monty, leading the way. He looks back at Anjali behind him and then to BA bringing up the rear. "Seem okay, so far!" he says in an optimistic voice.

The fog comes up to ones thighs, and then hips. The path seems mostly flat beneath your feet, as if it is one beings have trod before. A whiff of humid, jungle air stirs the mist, swirling it around. The mist engulfs everyone!

Monty fades from sight into a bank of mist!!
Anjali fades from the sight of BA!!
...and then BA finds himself engulfed in mist!!
 ! Message from: DeepSpacer
Players may may take an action of make a roll. Move? Perceive? Sense? Listen? Call out? Run? Turn around? Force Power? Etc.... (Consider it structured, like 'Incidental, Move, Action' to do as you please for one round.)

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:14 am

Anjali notices Monty start to fade from view and calls out, "Monty, Ba, stop! The fog is blocking our vision!" Anjali also stops, and closes her eyes to call on the Force to Sense their presence and proximity.
Spoiler:
1 Image for Basic power to sense within Short, 1 Image to extend range to Medium. If this doesn't work, her next action will be to attempt Seek (never used this before!) Basic power
Scratch that, she doesn't have Seek - I was looking at the wrong sheet. But she would try Farsight next, though I'm not sure how effective that will be.

Anjali; Alpha Squad; Force Sense in cave:
, 2 Light Side , 1 Dark Side

ImageImage

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:01 pm

BA freezes instantly upon hearing the shout.

He spins around looking to see if he can make out any shapes. Then he calms his breathing to see if he can tell the direction of Anjali's call.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:50 am

"What the...." Monty murmurs to himself as the mist thickens and envelopes. He hears Anjali shout, but it sounds distant.....far away......and fading...

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:10 am

Anjali closes her eyes and does sense a presence in front of her and behind her (2 pips). (As it should be since she was second in marching order.) She does not hear a verbal reply to her call. What she DOES hear is the faintest sounds of ....traffic. Speeder traffic. The air around her seems different as she breaths in and out. The air is ionized and machine-cleaned. Before she opens her eyes, she senses that the lighting is much darker than it was in that cave. And, she does sense the presence of life forces in front of her and behind her, but it is multiple forces in each direction.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:26 am

Anjali opens her eyes. Suddenly she is standing on a dimly-lit durasteel street in an urban setting. The sound of distant traffic lingers in the background. An evening fog permeates the air. Coruscant??? she thinks to herself. They are on the dark side of the planet.

In front of her the silhouettes of two individuals are in the fog medium range ahead of her. One is a large, burly man with a vibroax across his back. The other is a human male with a rifle over his shoulder. They are fading into the fog, walking away from her. She is facing that direction, as if to catch up to them. Behind her, she hears a young, female voice.... "ANJALI!!!

When she looks, she sees three beings. All female. They are standing in an obscure doorway in an obscure part of an urban street. One would not know it was there if one did not know to look for it. The A-Squad has just dropped off the captives from the VibraTech building to this safehouse. One is an older Twi'lek woman, Shea Rea, the woman who helped out Anjali during hard times.

The entry is to Sarilene’s Home for the Lost, as it is called. A home for wayward beings looking for a new start. They’ll be in good hands there. In the doorway is a very tall Cerean woman (Sarilene) with gray, braided hair. She stands almost 2m tall and is waiting for a young, purplish Twi’lek girl to come inside.
Spoiler:
#Shea Rea.jpg
#Shea Rea.jpg (23.57 KiB) Viewed 2737 times
Sarilene, a Cerean.jpg
Sarilene, a Cerean.jpg (18.53 KiB) Viewed 2737 times

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:35 am

Spoiler:
Numa War'an.jpg
Numa War'an.jpg (160.95 KiB) Viewed 2736 times

The third person is a purplish Twi'lek, Numa, one of the captives you rescued. She is the youngest of that group. Perhaps in her early teens. She is tall for her age. Tall enough to pass for older. She was enslaved to work in establishments where key military information concerning Coruscant may be heard. Cantina 571 was that place.

"ANJALI!!! she hears again.

Numa had began to go inside but turned around and comes to you. “Anjali!! Why did you help us? Why do you care about me?”

"Take me with you!!!"

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:21 pm

Anjali allows herself to become immersed in the interplay of the Force currents weaving around her. As they tug at her, so does she also tug back. She is willing to help, but is a slave to no one and no "thing" will control her. She feels a pang of conscience for the young twi'lek. Can't she see? There is no place for her where they are going. Anjali's eyes harden as she thinks of the slavers and what she would like to do to them.

Anjali moves toward Numa. "I'm sorry, Numa, but it will be better for you here. It is not safe where we're going. Find a better life for yourself here."

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:43 pm

Tears begin to roll down her cheeks. She pouts and cries, "PLEASE!!!!"
Spoiler:
Setback for Anjali's cold exterior.
Boost for coming at it from a similar background.

NPC; A-Squad; Numa's Charm vs Anjali:
3 Successes, 2 Threats

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:48 pm

She appeals to Anjali's kinder side, penetrating her cold exterior (3 succ) just for a moment. Anjali takes +1 strain as it frazzles her nerves. Numa has left herself open and vulnerable (2 Threats).
To convince her to go back will require a roll of some type. +1 Boost (2 threats).

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:46 pm

Anjali softens a bit and responds, "Numa, it would be wonderful to have you along, but it's too dangerous. Shea here can provide a safe haven for you to get settled and build a new life for yourself." Anjali smiles, "You will do well here. I know from having been here myself."

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:22 am

Numa looks to Shea Rea, who calls to her warmly. Anjali radiates a powerful aura of comfort (4 pips) using the force. Numa nods her head in quiet approval, lets go of Anjali, and heads inside 1+ Succ). Mission accomplished. This is what is best.

(2 Adv) Yet, there is a sound. Somewhere on a crosswalk below a young, female voice calls out, "QUIT!!! STOP!!!! Leave me alone!!!!"

"Quiet yourself!!!!" a voice replies. "The Boss doesn't want to hear it. Do as you're told or else you get the back of my hand!!"

A tough, burly man is leading a cuffed human female by a short leash. He give a harsh tug, causing the individual to stumble forward. On Coruscant, these happenings are all too common without law and order around.

Looking back, BA and Monty are gone. To the ledge below, it's a tough climb/slide or a hazardous leap.
Spoiler:
Red-Purple-Purple for any Coord/Athletics check. A failed task still gets you there, just not in great shape. Red-Purple for shooting of any kind + Setback for darkness. Open to other ideas as well.

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:11 pm

Anjali glowers down at the man. She cannot let this pass. Feeling the Force buoying her, she gracefully steps off her walkway and plunges down to the walkway below, landing in a crouch with one hand on the ground as support. She looks up at the man with a deadly serious look in her eyes and stands up to face him.
Spoiler:

:D

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:07 pm

The man is stunned by the sudden appearance of the blue-eyed, white-haired vixen. (A vixen being: "a spirited or fierce woman"). He drops the 'leash', backs off, then turns and runs. Anjali takes a side look back at the human girl, who smiles cheerfully at her rescuer.

The city fog thickens and a rush of wind blows through the streets (not natural for Coruscant!). A cloud envelopes Anjali, the air becomes much more humid and warm, and then Anjali finds herself squatting on the ground in a jungle. She had somehow landed on her feet after a leap. Behind her there is a small, jungle cliffside about 15m upwards. She is back on Dxun again. Over to the side is Monty Peppard. He is sweating, dirty, and a little worse-for-wear. "Hello, there!" he says. "Did you just experience what I did???"

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:26 pm

Doctor Who wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:01 pm
BA freezes instantly upon hearing the shout.

He spins around looking to see if he can make out any shapes. Then he calms his breathing to see if he can tell the direction of Anjali's call.
BA is enveloped in a fog for a few moments. Anjali definitely called from ahead of him. He moves forward a bit and then all of the area becomes brightly lit, as if by daylight. The moist heat of the jungle is replace by a heat that is dry and arid.

BA is standing in sand trying to catch his breath. He is young again, about 12 cycles old. The sand beneath his feet are like crushed shards of glass. He know this place.... Wannschok, in the tongue of the Nikto. The Endless Wastes in galactic basic. His grandmother always called it the Fire-Desert of Kinklath.

This is the place where young warriors fast for weeks at a time and complete training missions. Sai Nash was taken from his home to train. He was told he would be a special warrior. This place is meant to train you to be a powerful warrior of the Kajain'sa'Nikto. You hear your trainer’s voice,

“A Nikto’s strength flows from within. The culmination of generations of Nikto that have gone before you. It’s power manifests within you! Tap into that ancestry!”

The sun is oppressively hot. His red-Nikto genetics give him an advantage here over any normal being. There is a goal ahead, a place he knows he must reach. There is a rocky out-cropping some distance ahead. He pushes forward at a warrior's jog....
Sai Nash can make a HARD Resilience check + 2 Setback dice, upgraded once (DS DP flip) to endure the heat. (Red Nikto remove one of those setback dice for heat). You are young and it has been a long run thus far.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:37 am

Sai wipes the sweat off his brow. Thinking in his given name was suddenly easier, despite him having mostly ditched that bit of his past from his internal monologue. Probably the Force, Jeedaicraft as his trainer had called it.

He stares across the landscape.

"Home... I haven't been back since the massacre. Am I afraid or just still grieving?" He wonders to himself.

He remembers this day well, or at least something similar to it. It was the day when he first called upon the Force as an act of will, although he didn't know it then.
Spoiler:
BA; Alpha Squad; Desert Heat:
1 Success, 2 Threats, 1 Despair, , 1 Dark Side

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Taking strain or what not to use the Dark Side for an extra success.
He stumbles and dropped to his knees. His burning desire to crush any other trainees flares within his mind, and he stands back up and continues his jog. "I am a proud warrior of the Morgukai, I am the culmination of those that came before me. I am Kajain'sa'Nikto and M'dweshuu's passing has shaped me to be what I am, one who can walk through deserts unharmed. Heat does not touch me. Sand does not scar me. Wind does not crush me. The desert is my home and I am of the desert."
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:43 am

rock formation.jpg
rock formation.jpg (57.11 KiB) Viewed 2692 times
BA has succeeded his endurance trek, although a little worse for wear (2 Thr = +2 Strain). Looking down at his boot, it has been shredded. He'll have an upgraded check in the future because of it (Despair).

Looming ahead is a moderate challenge of balance and athleticism. First it is a climb up the ridge and then it is a balancing act up the slope to the top ridge. The rocks are treacherous. Missteps will wear you down. Someone who is very cautious can add a boost die to both checks, but Sai has always been the reckless type.
Sai can make two checks, each Red-Purple. One Athletics. The other, Coordination. The first, upgraded by his shredded boot. The other, spent a Darkside DP. Narrate as you see fit.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:08 pm

BA focuses and works to channel to the Force to help him climb.
Spoiler:
Committing the die to brawn to make my brawn 5
Spoiler:
BA; Alpha Squad; Athletics:
1 Success, 2 Advantages

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
He pulls himself up to the ridge, straining as he does so.

At the top, though, he struggles and slips.
Spoiler:
BA; Alpha Squad; coordination:
1 Failure, 1 Advantage

ImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “The Story”