OOC: The Holodisk

Discussions out-of-character (OOC) and Q&A about the game.
Forum rules
Use LS
Use DS
Update
Flamiel
Flyboy

Re: OOC: The Holodisk

Post by Flamiel » Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:53 am

DeepSpacer wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:14 am
With some research on these locations, more information could possibly be learned. With 'Hofton Towers', is is plainly known with common research that it is a general business office building. Knowledge rolls can be made using Caspo as an assist.
  • VibraTech Enterprises: Knowledge EDUCATION roll. HARD + Setback die. +1 Boost for Caspo.
  • Dxun: ONE check for galactic knowledge OUTER RIM, AVG. Caspo has 1 Rank of Outer Rim.
  • Dxun: ANOTHER check for LORE, AVG + Boost. Caspo has 1 Rank of Lore.
Anjali can make these combined rolls. It'll help to set the stage for where we go next. Use DP's as you wish since they will reset in the next scene.
Will save DPs to use on crafting/repair checks.

VibraTech Enterprises: Dxun One:
Spoiler:
Dxun Two:
Spoiler:
Anjali; Alpha Squad; Dxun Lore Check:
2 Successes, 0 Advantage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:04 am

DeepSpacer wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:19 am
Flamiel wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:05 am
Another thought: I wonder if Anjali could craft an item, maybe using some of the technology in those devices, to act as a remote control similar to what the Dr. was using, except hers could disable the device from a distance. Oh, and we've even got a test subject... 8-) (j/k!)
A good use of those Advantages!!! I am not a craft-item expert in this game, so I suspect something like a HARD check plus time spent would get that done. HARD + three boost dice, I think is fair. Knowledge: Education (Caspo had 1 Rank).
Flamiel wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:05 am
Something else on Anjali's list is to start putting some hours into studying Medicine with those hologoggles, to get the benefit of making it a career skill. I think her current XP is going toward learning the Farsight Force power and a couple upgrades for it (fine details and transparent), as well as the Ebb/Flow Strength upgrade.
Successful use of the 'fine details' power could yield another boost die on that craft check, one would think. Or, reduce it to an AVG difficulty, since it is particularly useful on such a small device.
Farsight check:
Spoiler:
Anjali; Alpha Squad; Farsight for crafting:
, 2 Light Side , 1 Dark Side

ImageImage
Knowledge Education to craft suppression device (flipping DP):

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:47 am

Recovering strain, as I forgot:
Spoiler:
BA; Alpha Squad; strain recover:
4 Successes, 2 Advantages

ImageImageImage
Perception:
Spoiler:
BA; Alpha Squad; perception:
3 Successes, 0 Advantage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

I think giving them the credit sticks is a good idea.

BA still has the two crits on him, right? He'll need to get that fixed.

Yes, BA is totally onboard with you fixing his axe, and he'll give you the saber. It's not like he can use it well, right now.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:03 am

Doctor Who wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:47 am
Correct. Two AVG criticals. A character can attempt to heal one critical per week. Also, after one week of full rest, the player can make a Resilience check to remove the critical. Looks like Anjali can make an AVG Medicine check to remove one critical. The other, you'll most likely have to endure.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:14 am

Flamiel wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:04 am
Anjali; Alpha Squad; Knowledge Education for crafting + DP:
5 Successes, 2 Advantages
Looking at the crafting rules, not much applies directly. Would you like it to cause an "area of effect" like a jamming device? i.e. jams the said signal out to medium range? That seems most logical.

With jamming devices, the communicator makes a Hard computers check to get a message through. But, with this, I think it is sufficient to turn on and automatically jam it since the other end is simply a button on a box and not adjustable communications equipment. Agreed?

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:09 am

I am always down to go to Dxun, one of my favorite worlds in KOTOR2, and obviously in other old republic stuff.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:12 am

Doctor Who wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:09 am
I am always down to go to Dxun, one of my favorite worlds in KOTOR2, and obviously in other old republic stuff.
I never finished KOTOR 2. :( I may be lacking in descriptive ability!! Be sure to send me a list of killer beasts! :twisted:

The shuttle had been there. I'll wait and see what our next move is going to be. Clean up on Coruscant with these corporate types then go there?

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:50 am

DeepSpacer wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:03 am
Doctor Who wrote:
Correct. Two AVG criticals. A character can attempt to heal one critical per week. Also, after one week of full rest, the player can make a Resilience check to remove the critical. Looks like Anjali can make an AVG Medicine check to remove one critical. The other, you'll most likely have to endure.
Actually, the one-critical-heal-per-week rule is only for the Resilience check from a week of rest. Further down the page (pg 226 of FaD) it says "A character may attempt one Medicine check per week per Critical Injury". So Anjali should have a chance to be able to heal both of BA's, but any failures sit there for another week before we can attempt to heal again. We've got the equipment with us to make those checks easier (the ECM backpack - I prepared for this), and I'd say we flip a DP for each as well.

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:51 am

DeepSpacer wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:14 am
Flamiel wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:04 am
Anjali; Alpha Squad; Knowledge Education for crafting + DP:
5 Successes, 2 Advantages
Looking at the crafting rules, not much applies directly. Would you like it to cause an "area of effect" like a jamming device? i.e. jams the said signal out to medium range? That seems most logical.

With jamming devices, the communicator makes a Hard computers check to get a message through. But, with this, I think it is sufficient to turn on and automatically jam it since the other end is simply a button on a box and not adjustable communications equipment. Agreed?
Yeah, OggDude's character generator has a pretty slick crafting feature, but nothing really seemed to apply to what we're doing here, so I think your judgment is good. My thought would be to extend the range, too.

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:56 am

DeepSpacer wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:12 am
Doctor Who wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:09 am
I never finished KOTOR 2. :( I may be lacking in descriptive ability!! Be sure to send me a list of killer beasts! :twisted:

The shuttle had been there. I'll wait and see what our next move is going to be. Clean up on Coruscant with these corporate types then go there?
Yeah, I'm thinking same. Clean up here then investigate Dxun. We may pick up more specific leads along the way on Coruscant.

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:02 am

Doctor Who wrote:
Recovering strain, as I forgot:
Spoiler:
BA; Alpha Squad; strain recover:
4 Successes, 2 Advantages

ImageImageImage
Perception:
Spoiler:
BA; Alpha Squad; perception:
3 Successes, 0 Advantage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

I think giving them the credit sticks is a good idea.

Yes, BA is totally onboard with you fixing his axe, and he'll give you the saber. It's not like he can use it well, right now.
If BA isn't actually interested in keeping it, then Anjali would accept it, but really he earned it so it's doesn't bother me if you hold on to it. Anjali would just want to geek out over it for a bit at least. :D

That reminds me @DeepSpacer , Morality roll. I think Anjali would've picked up some narrative conflict in there, but I didn't record any mechanical conflict.
Spoiler:
Anjali; Alpha Squad; Morality roll:
Numeric Roll: 1D10+0=6

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:09 am

BA definitely wants it, he just can't use it well. BA definitely wants to find a way to use it, but he still doesn't like Jedi so he wouldn't be willing to ask anyone to teach him.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:30 am

Flamiel wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:02 am
That reminds me DeepSpacer , Morality roll. I think Anjali would've picked up some narrative conflict in there, but I didn't record any mechanical conflict.
Spoiler:
Anjali; Alpha Squad; Morality roll:
Numeric Roll: 1D10+0=6
I see that her Morality is 73. We get +1 LS DP each start-up for that. Don't let me forget.

The game is a hodge-podge of mixed Morality and Obligation and I am not worrying on marking it so much. I'll adhere to Anjali's Lightside progression as I see that it compliments her character's quest for Justice. I think that instances of 'Resorting to Violence', 'Threats', and/or turning that guy over to a particularly cruel Justiciar may amount to 3 Conflict (either by one of each, or doing one action more than once). I think a total of +3 Morality is warranted.

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:30 am

@Doctor Who He can still use it better than Anjali, lol! Even with her Brawn fully pumped with Enhance, she's only ImageImageImageImage

@DeepSpacer yeah, that's what I was guessing, too, anywhere from 2-4.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:48 am

To save us some time, perhaps it is good to: 1) set the captives on their way (maybe arrange to get the last implant removed, off-screen), 2) start with looking at this Hofton Towers and maybe a connection there to VibraTech Enterprises.

One has to imagine that the 'bad guys' will have some 'black-out' time where they do not know what has gone down. Plus, they will react according to what they know/suspect when their people do not return. Game-wise, I think 24hrs gets us to a good spot to pick up next.

I think that giving it "a day" will allow for AA to attempts Medicine rolls on those two criticals on BA. Monty ALSO has two AVG criticals. Also, did she attempt the standard 'heal checks' on either person? i.e. Medicine = success = 1 wound healed. ??? AVG for Monty, Easy for BA. Monty used 3 stims already, so a 24hr wait will let him apply others at max efficiency. Monty may still carry wound over to the next day, as could AA.

AA also wants to fix a weapon. Busy girl!! An hour for this, an hour for that... a full-day's work!!

Might be helpful to have Cornelius on back-up once again.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:45 pm

Cornelius on backup seems smart. I'm down with that. Hopefully waiting a day to try to fix BA's crits won't cause us to completely lose the element of surprise.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:52 pm

What kind of armor did the sith have? We got his lightsaber and some credit sticks, but what else was on him?

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:09 pm

Standard armored clothing 1/1 defense. That holo communicator. I meant for the code cylinder to be on him, but caught myself and had it on the outgoing prisoner instead. I didnt trick him out too much. They travel light in the SW Universe.

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:04 am

DeepSpacer wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:48 am
To save us some time, perhaps it is good to: 1) set the captives on their way (maybe arrange to get the last implant removed, off-screen), 2) start with looking at this Hofton Towers and maybe a connection there to VibraTech Enterprises.

One has to imagine that the 'bad guys' will have some 'black-out' time where they do not know what has gone down. Plus, they will react according to what they know/suspect when their people do not return. Game-wise, I think 24hrs gets us to a good spot to pick up next.
I'm fine with all that.
I think that giving it "a day" will allow for AA to attempts Medicine rolls on those two criticals on BA. Monty ALSO has two AVG criticals. Also, did she attempt the standard 'heal checks' on either person? i.e. Medicine = success = 1 wound healed. ??? AVG for Monty, Easy for BA. Monty used 3 stims already, so a 24hr wait will let him apply others at max efficiency. Monty may still carry wound over to the next day, as could AA.

AA also wants to fix a weapon. Busy girl!! An hour for this, an hour for that... a full-day's work!!

Might be helpful to have Cornelius on back-up once again.
Anjali applies a stim to clear the remainder of her wounds, so she's good to go there. I don't recall her doing a medicine check on anyone, but attempting those crits I think is imperative. If we lose momentum, then so be it. And Cornelius on the horn is not a bad idea, unless he'd like to join our assault.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:27 am

Flamiel wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:04 am
Anjali applies a stim to clear the remainder of her wounds, so she's good to go there. I don't recall her doing a medicine check on anyone, but attempting those crits I think is imperative. If we lose momentum, then so be it. And Cornelius on the horn is not a bad idea, unless he'd like to join our assault.
Actually, the one-critical-heal-per-week rule is only for the Resilience check from a week of rest. Further down the page (pg 226 of FaD) it says "A character may attempt one Medicine check per week per Critical Injury". So Anjali should have a chance to be able to heal both of BA's (& Monty's), but any failures sit there for another week before we can attempt to heal again. We've got the equipment with us to make those checks easier (the ECM backpack - I prepared for this), and I'd say we flip a DP for each as well.
BA and Monty EACH have TWO AVG critical injuries to make rolls on. I think it'd be appropriate to take Adv's on the first check to be Boosts on the second check. That is, so long as Threats equate to Setback dice on that second check, as well. The dice favor Advs. Since it is multiple hurts on the same PC, I think it makes sense.

The Medicine checks apply first aid should be EASY for BA and AVG for Monty.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:36 pm

Anjali still has TWO more medicine checks to cure Monty's Critical hits. Both AVG difficulty.

I tried finding something I thought I had put in, but could not find the name of the personnel business "employing" these captives. The one that I used, anyways! So, I went with one I had on-hand.

To clarify: Sigma Personnel is the name of that personnel company "employing" the captives. VibraTech is a business tower location this shuttle has been to before (One of 3 locations: Hofton Towers, VibraTech Bldg, and Dxun). The captives don't recall going to ANY of those three places before.

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:50 pm

@DeepSpacer , the 5 Image from BA's second crit check, are we flushing those or carrying them over to boost Monty's check?

@Doctor Who Anjali has over 20 stimpacks in her inventory, so we can just take from there. I loaded up on our last shopping trip. Stun, Concussion, Ion (might be useful to disrupt tech the Dr. has on his person, including any droids we encounter), and Frag grenades could all be useful.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:53 pm

OK, BA will look for those. What are our funds like?

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:23 pm

Anjali has about 4k credits. Man, we need Alamy back to do our shopping!

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:46 pm

Flamiel wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:50 pm
DeepSpacer , the 5 Image from BA's second crit check, are we flushing those or carrying them over to boost Monty's check?
In this case, we can say that it heals 5 wounds.
Flamiel wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:50 pm
Doctor Who Anjali has over 20 stimpacks in her inventory, so we can just take from there. I loaded up on our last shopping trip. Stun, Concussion, Ion (might be useful to disrupt tech the Dr. has on his person, including any droids we encounter), and Frag grenades could all be useful.
Funny how grenades just grow on trees, eh?

Most all grenades are R4/5, but being on Coruscant reduces the Rarity significantly. It will be an EASY (Image) Negotiation check to find some of each. One check for each type. AAA also had a 2 Presence and no Negotiation, FYI.

Return to “Discussion”