Arc III - The Few Who Dare

The game's in-character (IC) narrative.
Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Re: Arc III - The Few Who Dare

Post by Doctor Who » Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:00 pm

"The 'Mirialan' girl is producing the cure for this sleeping contagion, that was why she was required. 'Zyla' cannot control the Leviathan, rather it would have slaved their minds together, allowing someone to control both at the same time, requiring only access to one of them. I can... show you how to undo it?" Sorzus says softly

The holocron is an anomaly, the ship responds, There is something off about it, it is not within normal operational parameters.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:22 pm

Arca removes the helmet, leaves the ship, and starts looking for the rest of the group.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:13 pm

Doctor Who wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:00 pm
"The 'Mirialan' girl is producing the cure for this sleeping contagion, that was why she was required. 'Zyla' cannot control the Leviathan, rather it would have slaved their minds together, allowing someone to control both at the same time, requiring only access to one of them. I can... show you how to undo it?" Sorzus says softly
"So Zyle is key to controlling the beast? Can ANY infected individual be used like that? Is there anyone else we should be aware of?"

"Earlier you said something about, "a ritual to awaken the beast". So if we leave, that beast will 'sleep' indefinitely?"

'I don't like this. I don't like ANY of this!" Trixie mumbles under her breath.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:51 pm

"As I was interrupted in finishing the ritual, yes, the leviathan remains asleep, although the girl's mind is still not going to be functioning properly without an undoing of what was done to her. In addition, no, it was a special derivation of the alchemical agent that infected that girl, the sleeping contagion is a failed byproduct of the alchemy."

Arca sees Trixie talking with the holocron, while Varc sorts through datapads. Waz and Jarkyc are nowhere to be seen.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:34 pm

Arca comments, "We should bring the holocron aboard the Sith meditation sphere. It might be instructive to see what happens. The sphere's AI claims that the holocron is 'not within normal operational parameters'. It may be damaged, and in a manner that benefits us. The holocron has been helpful to us, and not as deceptive as I would have expected from a Sith device. While the holocron does have its own motives, not least of which is for us not to bury it where it will never be found again, I am certain that there is much more that we need to discover about it." He pauses for a moment, then continues, "The creature in the pit will not awaken on its own. We should leave it be for now. Our priority must be to discover how to cure what is affecting Zyla and the Mirialan."

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:04 pm

After everything looks fine, Jarkyc waves to Waz to follow him back to the others.

Varc finishes going through the datapads that he can.

Arca brings the holocron into the Sith ship. As he does so, he feels a palpable sense of irritation coming from the ship.

Sorzus looks around as they enter. "I haven't been in one of these for years. Ship, status update." Her voice takes on a bit of a more monotone, typical holocron like voice, and a menacing aura becomes noticeable, emanating from the holocron. "Oh my, excuse me, it seems the subroutines kicked back in. I'll have that sorted out eventually," she says, her voice back to where it was before.

In Arca's head, the ship says The holocron is non-functional, it cannot even properly connect with my systems. It needs to be removed from the meditation area."

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:07 pm

Arca comments, "Sorzus, it seems that the ship's AI doesn't much like you. It also seems to think that you are broken."

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:38 am

"I'm not what you would call a 'normal' holocron," Sorzus chuckles. "I'm far more than just another holocron..." She stops for a moment, as if pouting. "This ship is really being an absolute annoyance. If it doesn't want to talk to me, I don't want to talk to it."

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:38 am

Varc looks at the holocron and then the ship before turning to the group with a confused look on his face. ”Uhhh what cheesy soap holovid did you find this scenario in? I thought we needed to report a spy in the Temple and about the disease. Not whatever this is.”
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:28 pm

ST-3R comes back over to the group. "I agree, trusting such a Sith artifact to ever tell the truth is dangerous. We need to give this holocron to the Temple to dispose of."

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:28 pm

"Then we should proceed, yes? Sorzus said he can show us how to undo it (Zyla) and we should allow him to do so, if it can be done in a timely manner. It also said that the Mirialan is producing the cure for the contagion. We should pursue that if it can be brought to completion during or time here. We need to produce that cure!"

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:44 am

Arca nods in agreement with Trixie.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:48 pm

Waz'aru, claps Jarkyc on the shoulder."You're a brave man. I'm sorry you felt that, but I'm impressed that you could even with out being Force sensitive." They walk out of the beast's chamber and head back to the others.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:22 pm

ST-3R gives the holocron the closest thing he can to a glare. He clearly does not remotely trust it.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:39 am

Trixie addresses Arca. "Is there anything to be concerned about with the ship, Arca? Did we get everything we need from it?"

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:40 am

Arca considers the question for a moment before replying, "The ship I'm sure would desire to be free of its confines and able to be of service to someone it would consider worthy. I'm not so sure that is something that we would like. At the very least the Council would not be happy with us if we were to make use of the ship ourselves. There is also the risk of the ship taking us someplace we do not wish to go to. Upon further thought, however, I am not sure how the ship would respond if we collapse the mountain around it. It might decide to wake up the creature in the pit. That could have unfortunate consequences later. I suppose we could ask the ship what it thinks, but how would we know if its replies are truthful? It's a machine, so I cannot use the Force on it as I would a living being. Perhaps we should consult the holocron and ask what it thinks, and if it has any advice?"

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:28 pm

"And the holocron IS a living being?" she asks rhetorically. "It cannot hurt to ask," replies the Twi'lek.

"HOLOCRON SORZUS! We are preparing to leave this place. Do you have an opinion on what to do with this ship or the beast in the pit? Is the ship of any value to us?"

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:32 pm

”Seeing how well their interactions were before, I doubt the holocron will see the ship as useful.”
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:01 pm

kanila wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:32 pm
”Seeing how well their interactions were before, I doubt the holocron will see the ship as useful.”

"I just thought I'd ask, Varc!" she says discretely, with a wink and a smile. "If I can elicit a response, then perhaps Sorzus will speak to us more freely. I doubt he would advocate on the ship's behalf and I am curious to know why."

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:52 am

Sorzus looks at you all. She smiles. "The Ship would listen to a true Sith, but we seem to be lacking in those here at the moment," she says while gesturing around at you all. "However, most likely, the Meditation Sphere would seek to protect its core functionalities in the event of a cave in, either by seeking to escape or by triggering its defensive systems to prevent damage to itself."

Her form shifts to a diagram of a Meditation Sphere, disassembling and reassembling to demonstrate how they are made.

Sorzus's normal form reappears, a slight scowl on her face.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:27 am

Arca inquires of the holocron, "If we collapse the entrance to the cavern is the sphere capable of escaping such confines, and if so how? But I am more concerned with the creature than the sphere. Is the sphere able to awaken the creature? How might we make sure that never happens? I understand that you and the sphere do not 'get along', however you are both Sith constructs and as such I am uncertain that you would help us if it entails harm to the sphere. Or the creature, since the creature was a Sith project."

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:41 pm

"Do they not teach you who Sorzus Syn was, little Jedi? I created this beast, along with all the others that terrorized your Republic for decades. I care not for this ship. I simply want revenge. I'm the only person on this whole world you can actually trust, since I'm the only person who you know where they stand. The ship could awaken the monster, but if it is not in danger of destruction it will not risk destroying itself by unleashing that thing so near it. It needs a pilot to leave, and a pilot needs a soul. That creature would leave no souls in its wake."

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:13 pm

Trixie stands there astounded, jaw open.

CREATED that thing? Who would create such a thing??? she thinks to herself.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:15 pm

”Probably a dumb question, but who is your revenge aimed at now? The ones who have been using you currently?”

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:24 pm

"Obviously, who else would I have reason to hate? Using my knowledge for such base and limited actions, I could have given them worlds as toys, but all they wanted was a piddling disease. And they forced it out of me, rather than work with me. Of course I want revenge."

Return to “The Story”