Arc III - OOC

Discussions out-of-character (OOC) and Q&A about the game.
Forum rules
Image *Use LS*Use DS *

Update Force Pool
DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Re: Arc III - OOC

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:18 am

No problem. Hope that you can get some time to relax & recover. Appreciate you efforts. :D

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:47 am

OK, looking over stuff and collecting my thoughts.

Waiting on Waz to say what he does at the computer. Arca just got some more info from the ship.

Varc and Trixie are just standing around waiting for ARca to say something, yeah?

Sorry, I'll try to keep on task this week if I can.

EDIT: Incidentally, Umbrella Academy s2 is great, I enjoyed it a lot.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:48 am

Doctor Who wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:47 am
Waiting on Waz to say what he does at the computer. Arca just got some more info from the ship.

Varc and Trixie are just standing around waiting for Arca to say something, yeah?
Waz and Jarkyc in the other room over the creature.
Arca having a discussion with the ship. (Unless I am mistaken, Arca is still speaking out-loud (IC) for the benefit of others.)

I guess we are left to inquiring of the ship? Creature seems not to be a threat. There's this humanoid that escaped from the lab who does not recall much. We got some info off of the datapads. There's the holocron. ""I am Sorzus Synn, and I exist to teach alchemy to those most worthy of carrying out alchemy""

It also seems like we are to choose sides of a conflict? Intervene or not intervene?
Spoiler:
The brown-haired individual that you all saw back on the Ithorian herdship appears. "Greetings to the Republic. I am former Jedi Knight Sete Penre. As you will no doubt be aware, several explosions have crippled Jedi Academies and readouts across the Republic. This is a Jedi matter, do not concern yourself with this, or face the consequences."

He pauses, then continues with a bit of a cold, hard edge to his voice.

"That being said, those in the Republic who wish to aid us will be rewarded profusely. Help us eradicate the last of the Sith remnant and we will give you the power to pacify all the evil, corrupt forces that plague the Republic. The Hutts, the Lorrell Raiders, the various criminal scum that plague you all. Join us, and we will give you the power the save the galaxy."

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:48 pm

Yep. I remembered that last bit. But yeah, we're all back on the same page now so that's good.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:54 am

So waiting on Waz to do something in the room with the monster.

Currently I have no NPCs that can respond to Trixie either, unless she directs a question to the holocron directly. It does seem to know she's talking about it, but it doesn't seem to want to respond unless directly addressed.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:22 pm

I understand that fully. 40+/week job of supplying fish to those restaurants.....ugh

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:49 am

Doctor Who wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:54 am
Currently I have no NPCs that can respond to Trixie either, unless she directs a question to the holocron directly. It does seem to know she's talking about it, but it doesn't seem to want to respond unless directly addressed.
Will do so and hope to jar something loose through conversation. Certainly, it has witnessed a lot.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:19 pm

So, a brief list of what you know:

- Something reportedly happened at the Temple on Coruscant

- Seti, the head of BioCorp, claimed responsibility, and offered Republic forces a deal to stay out of Jedi business

- Gil seemed to know something was up, given he gave you information about Galidraan

- Something is going down at the BioCorp headquarters on Nespis VII/Space City, given that Lyriss and her Master were kidnapped from there

- there's a location Varc couldnt identify in those data pads, that shipments where moving to/from

- Sith Alchemy is involved and seems to be from, or at least in part due to, a potentially malfunctioning holocron that you all now have in you possession

If you feel I missed anything, you can add it to the player note thread along with this, if you wish.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:56 pm

@Doctor Who Good summary. :)

I think we are going with 'finding a cure for the sleeping contagion' while we are here and while we think we can do it within a reasonable amount of time. Others can chime in if I am being too assumptive in my comment.

As far as the bigger plot goes, there seems to be something about Gil knowing something. In all honesty, with the lapse of time, I had to look up exactly who Gil was. It does seem like something where we may want to confer with him further. Being young persons in the Order, we'd probably choose to confer with those near or above us rather than foolhardily charging into the BioCorp HQ or the Jedi Temple on Coruscant to rescue everyone. Curvian might be unavailable, but Gil could possibly be reached.

As a PLAYER, I don't want us to stagnate with so many options available and I also don't want the GM to be flustered by his players poking around in the dark. I think my proposed order of things is reasonable for the characters mindset, but everyone feel free to chime in. We're pretty new at being jedi and going on missions, so I think the character(s) would seek out further input. So again, we get this cure (if possible) in a quick amount of time and then go find Gil or Curvian back on _____(?).

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:58 pm

I'm with DS on this 100%. He's expressed it well. Let's do what we can here, first. Arca is not the sort to leave things half done or rush off unprepared.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:30 am

Oh that's what I forgot to say.

You know how to make a cure (synthesize compounds in Lyriss's blood), but you don't have facilities forit here without just draining Lyriss dry of her blood. Or at least, you can leave a sample here (I believe you have 3 extra, but I'd have to go look) for the doctors here to make slowly.

EDIT: And sorry about names and stuff, I have all my notes here but I realize y'all don't. Sorry. I'll be more descriptive next time I condense info.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:45 am

Have we cured anyone yet? Is there anyone in our group that still needs curing?

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:47 am

You mentioned you gave the cure out to everyone from the initial landing. So 4 soldiers and you 4.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:12 am

I thought that had been the case, but it never hurts to not assume things and verify. Been burned/embarrassed way too many times in my life by making assumptions. Past time I learned from my mistakes. Thanks.

So, Zyla and the Mirialan are good to go? If none of the people here in this Sith complex are in need of Arca's medical attention then there's really nothing keeping us here. Why don't we head back to the village/town/city/whatever, pass our news along, and at least treat one or two of the medical staff or whomever may be worst off.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:36 am

Wait, wait, wait. You moved us ahead, but we never discussed what the hell to do with the Sith sphere, the other ship, or the rest of the stuff in the cavern.

It'll still be there. I just moved you with the drugs. Y'all have a shuttle and can go back and deal with it. Or I can just delete that post. I'll just delete it.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:21 am

Sith sphere... Cavern... All that stuff... Establish a guard? Make it a small, new base? Yes, I think that securing it is important. It'd be a shame if we left and some rival came in and did worse than before! Trixie isn't so knowledgeable about such things. Is it feasible to leave a detachment of soldiers here? It'd be a permanent assignment, one would think. Are there 'extra' soldiers that can be spared to guard the place around the clock, day after day?

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:37 pm

I agree with@Deepspacer's and @ShadoWarrior's thinking on how to advance. Setting a guard here is probably a good idea, unless we want to collapse the entrances. The mention of using it as a base is a good idea to me, it'll always give us a fallback point if needed.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:44 pm

I don't think fallback point is an issue since we'll be leaving this planet soon, I'm guessing. We just shouldn't leave this Sith tech lying around. The potential problems that the sphere could cause in the wrong hands I really don't want to think about. Then there's the damn critter in the pit. Certainly don't want that thing waking up.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:28 am

How many blocks of detonite can we get our hands on in the next few hours of gameplay? ;)

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:17 am

Depends on rolls and how well you ask/convince people to help you

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:04 am

So what y'all gonna do?

Have some of the guards stay to guard the site or use some detonite/turbolasers to crash the mountain.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:52 am

Crash the mountain. It's a (more or less) permanent fix.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:41 am

ShadoWarrior wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:52 am
Crash the mountain. It's a (more or less) permanent fix.
Which hopefully doesn't cause the beast to awaken, which hopefully doesn't survive and dig its way out. :shock: :shock:

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:22 pm

So what's the decision?

I'll try to get a post up tomorrow or later this week if y'all figure out what you want to happen, had to work Sunday 'cause another employee had to take their mother to the hospital, so my weekend was kind of thrown off.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:15 pm

So update on the final decision of what to do, y'all?

Return to “Discussion”