OOC: The Holodisk

Discussions out-of-character (OOC) and Q&A about the game.
Forum rules
Use LS
Use DS
Update
DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

OOC: The Holodisk

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:09 pm

A placeholder for the next Adv. Spend any XP you may have....or wait. Up to you!
Purchases would take place without knowledge of what comes next.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Re: OOC: The Holodisk

Post by DeepSpacer » Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:57 am

DESTINY POINTS....

GM; A-Squad; Destiny Points:
, 4 Light Side , 2 Dark Side

ImageImageImageImage

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:30 pm

Just wanted to make sure you saw my post about the destiny point tracker in your other OOC. It should be working now.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:03 pm

The IC is set. Looks like RL is slowing down SavB a bit. It's okay, though.

@Flamiel @SavageBob @Doctor Who

Need and AVG Streetwise check from someone (Alamy?) to find this.
And it costs double (x2).
Data Breaker Slicing Tools 1,000 Rarity 6 (restricted)

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:48 am

Found it, but there's some sort of complication.

Alamy; Alpha Squad; Streetwise:
2 Successes, 1 Threat

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:54 am

SavageBob wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:48 am

Alamy; Alpha Squad; Streetwise:
2 Successes, 1 Threat

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Should be a boost to that with Anjali helping.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:19 am

Flamiel wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:54 am
SavageBob wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:48 am
Should be a boost to that with Anjali helping.
Let's just call it "equal" (i.e. the threat and boost). It evens out, in other words. You find the item, double cost. :D

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:12 pm

I'll get a post up tomorrow/catch up tomorrow, had a friend in from out of the country for the last 5 days so I have a bunch of school stuff to catch up on.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:05 am

Yeah, so do we just go back inside and see if we can find Pria?

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:27 am

Nah, that'd look suspicious. I say we wait a day, and then come back to "enjoy the amenities", while we recon the joint.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:40 pm

Feel free to pitch that argument IC. AAA's a good liar, and very perceptive, though, so she might be able to get away with a quick look-see without raising suspicions. :)

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:53 am

SavageBob wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:40 pm
Feel free to pitch that argument IC. AAA's a good liar, and very perceptive, though, so she might be able to get away with a quick look-see without raising suspicions. :)
Flamiel wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:27 am
Nah, that'd look suspicious. I say we wait a day, and then come back to "enjoy the amenities", while we recon the joint.
I think that is a likely response one would have. Looking into Anjali's background, I think she might be interested in such a case, too. But you are right about AAA's sneakiness. I can narrate your sneak back in, IC, if you would like. You'd, of course, check your weapon at the doors, as usual.

I'd say an EASY Deception Check to go back in. Likely will have Adv's to spend. If so, they can give you access to a good place to get a view of things and a boost on the next check. Then, maybe an AVG Perception with SB (you remove one and Farsight power helps with darkness.) to look around. You can either look around at the general area (at least three levels of stuff) or you can get back to that meeting level you typically were on, but that may require running into the people you just left (although, a Stealth check may come into play). I anticipate the Farsight power may help in some respects, at some point.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:43 am

So much for that idea! :lol: :lol: :lol:

0 Success, 5 Advantage. So, someone notices her and doesn't buy the "I forgot something in the fresher" lie. Maybe the advantage is that whomever it is misinterprets her return as being something relatively benign? Like maybe it's the lieutenant we jilted, who assumes maybe AAA is ditching her friends and actually wants to hang out for another drink? Upshot is she still gets to case the cantina a bit. Downside is he's right there while she does so, and she has tolerate him for another half hour or so.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:04 pm

I think that's a pretty good usage of the advantages.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:22 pm

My apologies!! @Doctor Who @Flamiel @SavageBob
I got lost in the confusion of the week and had forgotten that SavBob had made his/her (Alamy's) roll! I hope that all are doing well and buckled down for the covid-19 flu virus to run its course (hopefully!). Yeah, a little part of me wants to run/play-in a pandemic RPG, but....naw…. Not right now.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:26 pm

Alamy can go, when time permits. It seems like this CV is quite the gaming disruption beyond normal IRL events (not that gaming matters AT ALL when it comes to a possible life & death world event).

@SavageBob
Alamy is at medium range, but the crowd of people makes it difficult terrain and impossible to catch this turn. Besides, the people have already entered the vehicle. One could attempt to contact the others and possibly track the vehicle.

I would say to 'throw' a surveillance tagger (on your equipment list) from short range to make it stick to the vehicle would be Ranged-Light, but at short range. I think it's only have a range of short, if thrown. You could take two maneuvers (+2 strain) and throw it. Ranged Light would be 1 Diff, but vehicle is +2 Sil larger, so reduce that to 0 Diff. But, there's still the crowd and throwing an odd device to make it stick 'just right' on the magnetic side, so +2 Setback dice and a Simple check. (Looks like YYG vs BB. {{ ;) LS 4 / DS 2 }} )
Spoiler:
DeepSpacer wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:21 pm
Alamy spots what looks like the brunette human woman in the holovid, but wearing an overcoat, so it's difficult (The Keen-Eyed talent comes through again!!!). That, and the darkness and the crowds of the street during a shift change. Brunette women aren't exactly 'uncommon'.

A tall driver dressed all in black with black sun shades ushers the woman in question and (at least) another Twi'lek before her, into a speeder (van, planetary) transport. The man gives the brunette woman a shove in the back, as if to hurry up. She returns his shove with a two-handed shove of her own. Off-balance and a meter backwards, the man reaches into his trench coat pocket for a second. At that time the woman crumbles in pain as she reaches for the back of her neck. He shovels her into the speeder, slides the door shut, climbs in to drive and prepares to motor away.

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:32 pm

Wait. Is this vehicle outside where the rest of us are?

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:29 pm

Flamiel wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:32 pm
Wait. Is this vehicle outside where the rest of us are?
The vehicle is on the back side of the building. The rest of the group is around the front side waiting to hear back from alamy.

The structure is not a stand-alone building so there is no corner or side to look around.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Thu May 07, 2020 10:58 pm

Did this basically go to permanent hiatus?

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Thu May 07, 2020 11:34 pm

I think @SavageBob went offline. But I know COVID-19 has been keeping me extremely busy. That said, this format is generally easier to keep up with than the Discord campaigns I'm in.

Anyway, I'm still here and available!

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri May 08, 2020 12:25 am

Flamiel wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 11:34 pm
I think SavageBob went offline. But I know COVID-19 has been keeping me extremely busy. That said, this format is generally easier to keep up with than the Discord campaigns I'm in.

Anyway, I'm still here and available!
Doctor Who wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 10:58 pm
Did this basically go to permanent hiatus?
I was hoping SavBob would find his way back soon. Been having some connection/RL issues keeping up....and then covid hit. He's on the FFG forums from time to time and we exchanged messages. I think (and hope) that he finds his way back soon. It stinks that his characters were at the center of two campaigns at the time. Having had long-running, well-developed backstory, I was playing up Alamy's investigative nature at the time.

Thanks for checking in, guys. I suppose it is time to play Alamy out as an npc for the time being and see what happens. I will post tonight. :)

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Fri May 08, 2020 1:35 am

Do we need to recruit one or two new players?

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri May 08, 2020 2:02 am

Flamiel wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 1:35 am
Do we need to recruit one or two new players?
No "need" to, no. A lot of the coming story is Anjali-focused, too. Investigative and looks like we have a sort of abduction / slavery thing going on. I really went with AA & AAA's backstories and formulated this to peak their interests. I think SavBob will be back when connection availability works out for him. He's on reddit and ffg forums from time to time.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Fri May 08, 2020 2:27 am

We could wait for SB, then. I'm fine with waiting, just so we have more players.

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Fri May 08, 2020 2:33 am

I, too, am okay to wait for SB. Going forward with just two PCs seems a bit light.

Return to “Discussion”