OOC: "The Captain's Business"

Discussions out-of-character (OOC) and Q&A about the game.
Forum rules
Use LS
Use DS
Update
DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Re: OOC: "The Captain's Business"

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:20 pm

Flamiel wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:13 pm
DeepSpacer wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:24 pm
Flamiel wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:37 pm
Monty would like help with two separate Mods, if you could.
(1) on the rifle, add Accuracy mod to the Custom Grip he already has.
(2) on the blaster pistol, add a +1 Damage mod to his Blaster Actuating Attachment.
Sure. Just post what the roll difficulties will be and record the needed parts' cost and she'll roll it!
Sure. HARD ImageImageImage for each. Two separate rolls. Different weapons so no increased difficulty.
The Mod Kits were part of the haul. I believe there are a few more left if anyone wants to attempt to mod something.
Well, mixed results. The threat could mean you have to pony up some extra credits.

Anjali; Alpha Squad; Monty mod custom grip:
1 Success, 1 Threat, 1 Triumph,

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Anjali; Alpha Squad; Monty mod Blaster Actuating Attachment +1 Damage:
0 Success, 1 Advantage

Boost die for Monty's help? I thought I mentioned that earlier.

A Triumph? I'll have to look that up. I'm not a modder expert or crafting person. Yeah, threat could be time or cost, I believe.

If no one else uses any of the mod kits, Monty could attempt a few more.

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:13 pm

DeepSpacer wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:20 pm
Flamiel wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:13 pm
DeepSpacer wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:24 pm

Sure. HARD ImageImageImage for each. Two separate rolls. Different weapons so no increased difficulty.
The Mod Kits were part of the haul. I believe there are a few more left if anyone wants to attempt to mod something.
Well, mixed results. The threat could mean you have to pony up some extra credits.

Anjali; Alpha Squad; Monty mod custom grip:
1 Success, 1 Threat, 1 Triumph,

Anjali; Alpha Squad; Monty mod Blaster Actuating Attachment +1 Damage:
0 Success, 1 Advantage

Boost die for Monty's help? I thought I mentioned that earlier.

A Triumph? I'll have to look that up. I'm not a modder expert or crafting person. Yeah, threat could be time or cost, I believe.

If no one else uses any of the mod kits, Monty could attempt a few more.
Sorry, I either missed that or forgot about it. I rolled them now, in case you decide it can still be used. 2 advantages on each roll.

Anjali; Alpha Squad; Boost Monty mod custom grip:
0 Success, 2 Advantages

Anjali; Alpha Squad; Boost Monty mod Blaster Actuating Attachment +1 Damage:
0 Success, 2 Advantages

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:44 pm

SavageBob wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:35 pm
Things Alamy could use:

* Over-charged actuating module from the Dressellian's weapon (for her blaster pistol)

*Blast suppressor module (to put on her holdout blaster)

* Emergency medpac

But let me know if someone else has their eye on these things.

We should just use the 3 Stimpacs. One for Anjali, one for Monty, one for BA? That will make the Medicine checks on them easier at any rate.

AAA's at max Encumbrance (and the Spacer's Duffel has Cumbersome 3, so she can't use it without penalty), so she'll have to leave the other stuff.

ETA: If she buys a backpack, she can carry a bit more. In that case, an extra reload and urban compass would be nice.
All look good. Yes, use all Stimpacks. Just a straight reduce-WT-by-5, right?

Purchasing a Backpack is whatever book price is. Simple enough to purchase from a local vendor.

TWO Mod Kits left. Anyone else want to try and mod their attachments? Or, purchase something to mod in? Monty will take them if no one else speaks up.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:50 pm

I'm looking at what AAA can do with her gear to decide how many mod kits she'll need. Let me check over it and get back to you!

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:01 am

Medicine Check on Anjali relieved strain, only.
BA medicine check done.

Needs TWO Medicine checks on Monty. One for healing his wounds, a second for his Critical Injury (ImageImage)

3 Stims applied (-5 Wounds) to Monty, BA, Alamy.

All rec'd -1 Wounds for overnight rest.

Updated Whose Turn Is It

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:55 am

WTII is showing Alamy at 6/13 Wounds, but I had her at 7/13 without sleep or stim. Should she be at 1/13 now?

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:05 am

Here's the roll for Monty's crit. Took a boost from Alamy's help. What's the diff for healing his wounds?

Anjali; Alpha Squad; Monty Crit Heal:
1 Success, 3 Advantages

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:20 am

SavageBob wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:55 am
WTII is showing Alamy at 6/13 Wounds, but I had her at 7/13 without sleep or stim. Should she be at 1/13 now?
1 for night's rest. 5 for Stim. 7 - 6 = 1. Will adjust.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:25 am

Flamiel wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:05 am
Here's the roll for Monty's crit. Took a boost from Alamy's help. What's the diff for healing his wounds?
Sorry, I forgot that the Medicine roll was based on current condition. AVG check.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:20 am

AAA only has one attachment that can be modded, the Overcharged Actuating Module. Can she assist Flamiel on attempting the mod? She'd like to do some shopping before getting too far into our next adventure, buying a few other attachments that can be modded. That said, I think it's fine if Monty wants the extra two mods.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:11 am

SavageBob wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:20 am
AAA only has one attachment that can be modded, the Overcharged Actuating Module. Can she assist Flamiel on attempting the mod? She'd like to do some shopping before getting too far into our next adventure, buying a few other attachments that can be modded. That said, I think it's fine if Monty wants the extra two mods.
Make a list. Yes, I think ONE is appropriate for modding a weapon. Only so many hands can help.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:08 pm

Cool; will do.

I'm excited to see what happens next! As for loose ends, I think we just need @Flamiel to do a few more Mechanics and Medicine checks on folks. WTII? still shows Alamy at 6 wounds, but this should be 1 (per discussion above). That leaves BA and Monty to heal up a bit more. Looks like two more Medicine checks are probably in order, one for Monty and one for BA. @Flamiel should assume an assist (Image) from AAA on both.

@DeepSpacer, do our daily stims reset now that we've had a night's rest? We ought to stim up BA and Monty after their Medicine checks. Buying more stims is probably a good idea, but I'm not sure if they'd heal 4 or 5 wounds at this point.

AAA had one modification she wanted to ask Anjali to do. She'd also like to look around for some gear:

Armor Inserts (450 credits; Rarity 3)
Custom Fit (400 credits; Rarity 3)
Custom Grip (500 credits; Rarity 6)
Bantha's Eye Laser Sight (500 credits, Rarity 5)

Mem-stik (30 credits, Enc. 0, Rarity 0)
Surveillance Tagger ([R] 175), Enc. 0, Rarity 4)
Comlink Bug (150 credits, Enc. 0, Rarity 4)
Last edited by SavageBob on Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Doctor Who
Jedi Initiate

Post by Doctor Who » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:54 pm

OK, so apparently it's not been alerting me of updates, sorry for not responding.
Give me about 5 minutes after a post, I'll probably edit it a bit before it is finalized.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:46 am

SavageBob wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:08 pm
DeepSpacer, do our daily stims reset now that we've had a night's rest? We ought to stim up BA and Monty after their Medicine checks. Buying more stims is probably a good idea, but I'm not sure if they'd heal 4 or 5 wounds at this point.
I'd tend to say '24-hr period' as far as the 5-4-3-2-1 effect of the stims.

Easy enough to say that early the next morning Alamy goes out to shop. Lannik is a Mid-Rim world (+1) but is on a Bothan Trade Route (+1). I'll say your a bit of a Tech Wiz so subbing Education in is appropriate (per the CRB). Plus, this lets you roll some dice. You find it and pay book price if you make the rolls.
Automatic
Mem-stik (30 credits, Enc. 0, Rarity 0)

EASY Negotiation
Armor Inserts (450 credits; Rarity 3)
Custom Fit (400 credits; Rarity 3)

AVERAGE Negotiation
Bantha's Eye Laser Sight (500 credits, Rarity 5)

AVERAGE Education
Comlink Bug (150 credits, Enc. 0, Rarity 4)

AVERAGE Streetwise
Surveillance Tagger ([R] 175), Enc. 0, Rarity 4)

HARD Negotiation
Custom Grip (500 credits; Rarity 6)

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:49 pm

Awesome. I'll make the rolls once I'm settled somewhere on a layover or at home. It may be tomorrow; I'm traveling back home today and won't be able to post frequently if at all. Sorry for any delays. Happy New Year!

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:07 pm

Monty heals a bit more

Anjali; Alpha Squad; Monty Heal:
4 Successes, 0 Advantage

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:13 pm

SavageBob wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:08 pm
Cool; will do.

I'm excited to see what happens next! As for loose ends, I think we just need @Flamiel to do a few more Mechanics and Medicine checks on folks. WTII? still shows Alamy at 6 wounds, but this should be 1 (per discussion above). That leaves BA and Monty to heal up a bit more. Looks like two more Medicine checks are probably in order, one for Monty and one for BA. @Flamiel should assume an assist (Image) from AAA on both.

@DeepSpacer, do our daily stims reset now that we've had a night's rest? We ought to stim up BA and Monty after their Medicine checks. Buying more stims is probably a good idea, but I'm not sure if they'd heal 4 or 5 wounds at this point.

AAA had one modification she wanted to ask Anjali to do. She'd also like to look around for some gear:
BA has already had his one med check heal for the day, by Alamy. What is the mod you're looking for, and what is the difficulty?

However, if I'm wrong about the BA heal frequency, then he gets one more wound off:
Spoiler:
Anjali; Alpha Squad; BA Heal:
1 Success, 4 Advantages

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:58 pm

Flamiel wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:13 pm

BA has already had his one med check heal for the day, by Alamy. What is the mod you're looking for, and what is the difficulty?
Its the Overcharged Actuating Module on her blaster pistol. Not sure what the difficulty is; it's never been modded before. If she's successful in her shopping, she'll have another couple things that can be modded. (I've never tinkered much with this part of the game, so DS may need to give difficulties.)

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:59 pm

SavageBob wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:58 pm
Its the Overcharged Actuating Module on her blaster pistol. Not sure what the difficulty is; it's never been modded before. If she's successful in her shopping, she'll have another couple things that can be modded. (I've never tinkered much with this part of the game, so DS may need to give difficulties.)
Got to admit that I am more of a hand-wave kind of guy when it comes purchasing, modding, and crafting, but I've mostly got the modding down.

Overcharged Actuating Module: increased power for increased risk. Adds +1 Damage for having it. On two Threats, the weapon becomes "damaged" (+1 SB until fixed). It can be Modded to gain and additional +1 Damage.

The FIRST Mod on ANY attachment costs 100cr and is HARD Difficulty. The O.A.M. only has the one Mod. Failure means you lose the credits and cannot try it again (on THAT attachment). One can buy another attachment and mod that, replacing the attachment that cannot be modded any further.

Any attachment having more than one Mod possible, the difficulty increases by +100cr and +1 Difficulty. i.e. 2nd Mod is 200cr and 4 diff. 3rd mod is 300cr and 5 Diff.

Note: There is a Overcharging Actuating Module and there is a Blaster Actuating Module. The OAM was on on the ACP Repeater the Dressillian had. The BAM was a loose attachment in their equipment. The OAM was already modded on the weapon and has +2 Damage to it. (I'll say it stays that way if moved to another weapon. ...this time.) The BAM is different. Be sure which one you actually got (or wanted).

BAM gets +1 Damage and +1 SB die (Mods: Two +1 Damage mods, Two +1 Pierce Mods)

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:05 pm

DeepSpacer wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:59 pm

Overcharged Actuating Module: increased power for increased risk. Adds +1 Damage for having it. On two Threats, the weapon becomes "damaged" (+1 SB until fixed). It can be Modded to gain and additional +1 Damage.

The FIRST Mod on ANY attachment costs 100cr and is HARD Difficulty. The O.A.M. only has the one Mod. Failure means you lose the credits and cannot try it again (on THAT attachment). One can buy another attachment and mod that, replacing the attachment that cannot be modded any further.

Any attachment having more than one Mod possible, the difficulty increases by +100cr and +1 Difficulty. i.e. 2nd Mod is 200cr and 4 diff. 3rd mod is 300cr and 5 Diff.

Note: There is a Overcharging Actuating Module and there is a Blaster Actuating Module. The OAM was on on the ACP Repeater the Dressillian had. The BAM was a loose attachment in their equipment. The OAM was already modded on the weapon and has +2 Damage to it. (I'll say it stays that way if moved to another weapon. ...this time.) The BAM is different. Be sure which one you actually got (or wanted).

BAM gets +1 Damage and +1 SB die (Mods: Two +1 Damage mods, Two +1 Pierce Mods)
OK; it was the OAM. But if it's modded already, there's no need for Anjali and Alamy to try again (as it's already maxed out).

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:24 pm

AAA; Alpha Squad; Negotiation (Custom Fit):
0 Success, 1 Advantage

ImageImageImage

AAA; Alpha Squad; Negotiation (Armor Inserts):
1 Success, 3 Advantages

ImageImageImageImage

AAA; Alpha Squad; Negotiation (Laser Sight):
2 Successes, 0 Advantage

AAA; Alpha Squad; Education (Comlink Bug):
2 Failures, 1 Advantage

ImageImageImageImageImage

AAA; Alpha Squad; Streetwise (Surveillance Tagger):
4 Successes, 2 Advantages

AAA; Alpha Squad; Negotiation (Custom Grip):
3 Successes, 2 Threats

Looks like a mixed bag on AAA's shopping spree. Found the Mem Stick (30), Armor Inserts (450), Bantha Laser Sight (500), Surveillance Tagger (175), and Custom Grip (500). Total is 1655 credits. Passed boosts where available, but none seem to have made a definitive difference if that wasn't cool.

ETA: Added a Backpack, as well (50). Rarity 0, so assumed no roll necessary. Let me know if that's not the case.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:36 pm

@Flamiel, would you mind having Anjali try for an assisted modification check on two of AAA's attachments?

First is her Custom Grip, which can be modified to gain Accurate +1.

Second is her Armor Inserts, which can be modified to require a Hard check to detect. (This one is tough; it's tempting to go with Soak +1 or Defense +1, but I think making the inserts more difficult to spot is more AAA's style.)

Assume AAA helps on both rolls for a Image. Thanks!

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:15 pm

@savagebob, both of those will be Hard difficulty, correct?

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:41 pm

Flamiel wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:15 pm
@SavageBob , both of those will be Hard difficulty, correct?
If I read DS's instructions correctly, that's right.

Flamiel
Flyboy

Post by Flamiel » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:35 pm

I'm having a hard time getting successes here. Triumph, though. I'll wait on the next mod until you tell me what you want to do here.

Anjali; Alpha Squad; Alamy's Custom Grip mod:
1 Failure, 1 Advantage, 1 Triumph,

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Discussion”