Klaverjassen OOC

A forum for Out Of Context (OOC) discussion related to the game.
Forum rules

Next * Update * Edit
swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Re: Klaverjassen OOC

Post by swrider » Tue May 15, 2018 12:19 am

Calling out is an incidental. You may also consider readying an action or moving.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue May 15, 2018 2:05 am

I cannot see anything at all, correct? At any distance beyond my immediate space?

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Tue May 15, 2018 2:27 am

Yup judt your 5' square. May want to say that lantern was lit up. The stealth was bad perhaps because you had the lantern on

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Tue May 15, 2018 5:28 pm

I figured putting my tail within reach would be an incidental anyway.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Tue May 15, 2018 5:30 pm

Yes and no. Technically he moved 60 feet away from you before that conversation, but you had not taken your move action so I adjudicated it as you both moved 30 feet together which kept you just ahead of one of the monsters and well ahead of the other by the time you reached your group. I glossed over the "chase" because it would be a lot of the exact same thing.

But yes if you were standing next to him I would consider that an incidental.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Tue May 15, 2018 5:57 pm

ThreeBFour wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 5:28 pm
I get alternating images in my head. One of Gage gently stroking your tail and cuddling up against his check. The other of him squeezing tightly on it and your characters face bulging... I am not sure which is more hilarious!

awarren
Scruffy-looking Nerf-herder

Post by awarren » Tue May 15, 2018 6:03 pm

Next attack against the powerful new zombie gets advantage.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Tue May 15, 2018 8:06 pm

swrider wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 5:57 pm
ThreeBFour wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 5:28 pm
I get alternating images in my head. One of Gage gently stroking your tail and cuddling up against his check. The other of him squeezing tightly on it and your characters face bulging... I am not sure which is more hilarious!
It is fluffy at the tip.....lol😯

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Tue May 15, 2018 8:16 pm

@DeepSpacer Since you did not attack you still can still go this round. The break as it were happened after Thew-ruk's turn. So their is still a PC slot before the creature goes.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue May 15, 2018 10:38 pm

swrider wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 8:16 pm
@DeepSpacer Since you did not attack you still can still go this round. The break as it were happened after Thew-ruk's turn. So their is still a PC slot before the creature goes.
Darkness....Gage can't see it unless a hooded lantern penetrates the magical darkness.

awarren

Post by awarren » Tue May 15, 2018 11:02 pm

@DeepSpacer I believe Guiding Bolt's radiant damage may briefly "light up" the target, which is may be why the next player get's advantage. I don't have the book with me, but I found this text online:

"A flash of light streaks toward a creature of your choice within range. Make a ranged spell attack against the target. On a hit, the target takes 4d6 radiant damage, and the next attack roll made against this target before the end of your next turn has advantage, thanks to the mystical dim light glittering on the target until then."

I think Gage should be able to see it, right @swrider

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Tue May 15, 2018 11:19 pm

You are both partially correct. Not being able to see a target does not mean you can not shoot at it. You can shoot at it but do so at disadvantage. This represents you shooting where others are shooting or where you think you hear something. Awarren's spell grants advantage to the next attack. When you have both advantage and disadvantage on an attack they cancel each other out. So Gage can attack with a normal attack this round. Point of interest having two things which grant advantage and one that grants disadvantage still cancel each other out and vise versa.

@DeepSpacer @awarren

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed May 16, 2018 1:28 am

swrider wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 11:19 pm
You are both partially correct. Not being able to see a target does not mean you can not shoot at it. You can shoot at it but do so at disadvantage. This represents you shooting where others are shooting or where you think you hear something. Awarren's spell grants advantage to the next attack. When you have both advantage and disadvantage on an attack they cancel each other out. So Gage can attack with a normal attack this round. Point of interest having two things which grant advantage and one that grants disadvantage still cancel each other out and vise versa.

@DeepSpacer @awarren
I rolled a 20. Are there criticals in 5e?

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Wed May 16, 2018 1:59 am

Cit success yes. Crit fail no. You get to double the damage die so you do 2d10 damage instead of 1d10. Please roll a 2nd d10

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed May 16, 2018 2:09 am

swrider wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 1:59 am
Cit success yes. Crit fail no. You get to double the damage die so you do 2d10 damage instead of 1d10. Please roll a 2nd d10
Done! 15 Damage!

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Wed May 16, 2018 2:14 am

Its dead... The hardest ba5le of the "day" you you guys dont take a scratch. The easiest, you almost die. This is why some people go crazzy as gm.

Lol

Feel free to narrate it or I can.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Wed May 16, 2018 2:19 pm

swrider wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 2:14 am
Its dead... The hardest ba5le of the "day" you you guys dont take a scratch. The easiest, you almost die. This is why some people go crazzy as gm.

Lol

Feel free to narrate it or I can.
1st off I think you have to start with a few screws loose to be a GM 😉
2nd think of Gage as Han Solo in RoJ half blind and shooting at the Sarlaac.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Wed May 16, 2018 2:36 pm

ThreeBFour wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 2:19 pm

1st off I think you have to start with a few screws loose to be a GM 😉
2nd think of Gage as Han Solo in RoJ half blind and shooting at the Sarlaac.
I can honestly say I don't have any screws loose, we lost them all after my last tune up. Once I can replace them one or two might be loose. ;)

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Wed May 16, 2018 3:52 pm

Hello hello, so the zombie/ goul that was following just behind them and was in our field of vision was just taken out, but there is still one more beyond that?

Thew’Ruk would have been able to see the one chasing our two comrades as the came back to us but are there any more for him to see? If not he might assume the battle is over.
Active: Thino Krist Vo Cari Thew'Ruk Turugh’aie’azanon
Inactive: Goran Hownar Edessa

Currently on Dubai time

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Wed May 16, 2018 3:58 pm

The zombie was considerably slower than the PCs/ Ghoul. And since you took a round about method to get there it would have fallen well behind. It is still wondering somewhere on the battle field, but you are not sure where. At this point I consider combat over.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Thu May 17, 2018 6:23 pm

Since it was brought up people can make rolls to see if they know anythong about the craeture. Just tell me what skill you are using bacause that will affect what you can learn with that skill.

awarren

Post by awarren » Thu May 17, 2018 8:38 pm

I'd like to role an insight check on the creature/ghoul to determine what it is and what it is doing since I've been told it was directing another zombie to load a cart with the dead. @ThreeBFour
I think Oomaq has the highest arcana skill and I just realized we could try to get more information on the darkness. If you don't want to, or don't think it would be in character for Oomaq to know that much about magic, I have +2.

Total: 21
Bonus: 5
Character: Cleric Bersk
Campaign: Dark Patron of the Temple of Light
Description: Insight Check on Ghoul

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Thu May 17, 2018 9:18 pm

Definition of insight skill:
Insight. Your Wisdom (Insight) check decides whether you can determine the true intentions of a creature, such as when searching out a lie or predicting someone's next move. Doing so involves gleaning clues from body language, speech habits, and changes in mannerisms.
So you are adapt at reading the creatures true intentions. From the little you saw of the undead creatures you are certain that its intentions were to bit into the flesh of its living prey. You can tell by its mannerisms that biting flesh especially living flesh is an all encompassing obsession of the creature. The smell of rotting flesh and the appearance of some decaying flesh around the creatures mouth suggest it also would be obsessed with consuming the flesh of the dead. All told, the tale you were told about the creature directing the zombie to collect bodies seems at odds with its mannerisms. It would seem more in line with the creature to feast on the bodies where they lay.

awarren

Post by awarren » Thu May 17, 2018 9:26 pm

Yeah, I've gotten into a bad habit of using insight as too much of a catch-all information gathering device due to my in-person 5e game -- my bad. I suppose this suggests that the creature was being heavily influenced by an outside force to work against it's instincts.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Thu May 17, 2018 11:28 pm

Do you guys want to specify an order of watch for the nite?

Return to “Discussion”