OOC for GRC

Discussions out-of-character (OOC) and Q&A about the game.
kanila
Jedi Initiate

OOC for GRC

Post by kanila » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:39 pm

Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Re: The Exiles' Redemption

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:23 pm

It’s only silhouette 3 with room for 2 crew and 4 passengers? Do they have a schematic?
Active: Thino Krist Vo Cari Thew'Ruk Turugh’aie’azanon
Inactive: Goran Hownar Edessa

Currently on Dubai time

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:27 pm

I have not been able to find one yet. Those stats were pulled from the ffg forum by Bob.
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:39 pm

I typed it in to Google Images and it came up as various names, including KST-100 Kestrel Light Transport, but there are no images for it at all.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:42 pm

Search Kasmiri, those are the only images I have found.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:37 pm

The kasmiri is what was popping up when I looked for it before and it's looking really tiny honestly, are we all going to be able to fit? the specs do say that it has 70 encumbrance which is about half of the falcon so its smaller size does make a bit of sense though.

honestly, I wish they would just include standard deck plans to go along with these ships when they put them out because for I personally really enjoy knowing what the inside fo the ship looks like.

Currently on Dubai time

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:50 pm

Some of the images show it next to an ARC 170. With it being a sil 3 i would venture a guess it's on the larger size of 3 and almost a 4.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:56 pm

Boutrose Saba-Norr wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:37 pm
The kasmiri is what was popping up when I looked for it before and it's looking really tiny honestly, are we all going to be able to fit? the specs do say that it has 70 encumbrance which is about half of the falcon so its smaller size does make a bit of sense though.

honestly, I wish they would just include standard deck plans to go along with these ships when they put them out because for I personally really enjoy knowing what the inside fo the ship looks like.
I fully agree. I tend to download every ship layout I can find.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Re: OOC for GRC

Post by SavageBob » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:27 am

Yeah, the recent Order 66 podcast asked about the size, and the devs said it's on the cusp between Silhouette 3 and 4.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:17 am

SavageBob wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:27 am
Yeah, the recent Order 66 podcast asked about the size, and the devs said it's on the cusp between Silhouette 3 and 4.
hmm that makes a lot of sense, I'd imagine that that would also have the benefit of being able to say that yes this is a big enough ship for carrying goods, but you cant carry a ship with it like you could with a regular light freighter that can clamp onto the ship, and then also maybe it could fit into a larger silhouette ship more easily later on.

Currently on Dubai time

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:44 am

This is what it looks like from the outside:

And here's a glimpse of the cockpit:

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:45 am

Not sure why those images aren't rendering in high-res, but clicking on them should show the high-res version.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:32 pm

On my phone away from my material at the moment, but it looks like the ships in the background are those larger-type bombers. I want to say Stay on Target is the book I saw them in.
They may be able to help reference size.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:41 pm

ARC-170Image

Once I'm home I'll look at the stats. But I know the fighter/bomber you are talking about.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:18 pm

Hey guys so for character concept, I have 10 of my total obligation dedicated to the ship, I know that runt is having his ship funding come from a loan shark but would you think it’s more compelling story wise for vo’s to also come from the same loan shark or not.

A possible alternative I’m thinking is that instead of his cargo that was meant for the besieged people being confiscated upon his capture it was instead liquidated and then that money given to him in cr fits upon his release from prison, as a means of taunting him and that he had been sitting on it all this time too ashamed to even touch it.

What do you think could be more compelling story wise and provide the greater opportunity for plot hooks?

Currently on Dubai time

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:06 pm

Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:18 pm
Hey guys so for character concept, I have 10 of my total obligation dedicated to the ship, I know that runt is having his ship funding come from a loan shark but would you think it’s more compelling story wise for vo’s to also come from the same loan shark or not.

A possible alternative I’m thinking is that instead of his cargo that was meant for the besieged people being confiscated upon his capture it was instead liquidated and then that money given to him in cr fits upon his release from prison, as a means of taunting him and that he had been sitting on it all this time too ashamed to even touch it.

What do you think could be more compelling story wise and provide the greater opportunity for plot hooks?
So if you go with the second one are you thinking some sort of crippling guilt? Where you might be driven to take your share of the winnings to donate to done needy group?

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:51 am

My thinking was that the loan shark is our mutual nemesis, so we should all owe him at least something. It makes for more group cohesion, in my opinion. If you opted out of the loan shark, your idea works, but it also somewhat replicates the other Obligation you have based on your shame. In other words, it reinforces one story but cuts you out of the rest of our story.

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:53 pm

You could 50/50 it. Loan shark for 10 and your shame for the other. I'm not sure I can see the empire giving you the credits back, with few exceptions they are very anti-alien. I could believe that they would taunt you with them, like holding them over the heads of those you helped to debate them more.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:13 pm

@bob I agree with you, I've been trying to respond to kanila this whole time for how the thing would work and i just kept coming up against a wall of, "how is this different from his other obligation that makes him feel like shit" for a time I thought I could try and have the one be about his own redemption while the other be about his guilt and the higher totals representing how big of a deal they are to him as well as providing the possibilities of different nemeses coming from his past with respect to each one, but honestly it is too convoluted.

I do enjoy the fact that having the loan shark with all of us gives us a joint nemesis and a group cohesion, I have an idea of how I can do something similar to what i was planning while still incorporating the loan shark.

Currently on Dubai time

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:23 pm

Yay, I picked up a copy of Dawn of the Rebellion today, along with Fully Operational.

CEC's KST-100 Kestrel Light Executive Transport. "The main hull is given over almost entirely to passenger facilities. Four small but well-appointed staterooms surround a common galley and lounge. A small engineering station is located along the aft bulkhead, and a single small, cramped crew berth is located beneath the cockpit."

My general recommendation for game play is that Runt take the under cockpit berth as his, he is a Silhouette 0, and everyone else take a stateroom. We are a racing team and not carrying passengers.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:44 pm

ThreeBFour wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:23 pm
Yay, I picked up a copy of Dawn of the Rebellion today, along with Fully Operational.

CEC's KST-100 Kestrel Light Executive Transport. "The main hull is given over almost entirely to passenger facilities. Four small but well-appointed staterooms surround a common galley and lounge. A small engineering station is located along the aft bulkhead, and a single small, cramped crew berth is located beneath the cockpit."

My general recommendation for game play is that Runt take the under cockpit berth as his, he is a Silhouette 0, and everyone else take a stateroom. We are a racing team and not carrying passengers.
Thanks 3B4! Are all of the other stats correct?

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:02 pm

I'll have to double check, but I believe so. Let you know in a couple hours. It does say it is saucer shaped like the YT-series with a roomy side by side cockpit.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:05 pm

ThreeBFour wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:02 pm
I'll have to double check, but I believe so. Let you know in a couple hours. It does say it is saucer shaped like the YT-series with a roomy side by side cockpit.
Sounds good.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:52 pm

Is there a picture for how it looks on the inside?

Currently on Dubai time

ThreeBFour
Jedi Initiate

Post by ThreeBFour » Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:18 am

Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:52 pm
Is there a picture for how it looks on the inside?
That would make life too easy. Other than the comic book picture already posted I can't find anything. There's not even a picture in the book.

Return to “Discussion”