OOC - "Return to Hoth"

Discussions out-of-character (OOC) and Q&A about the game.
Forum rules
ImageUse LSUse DS * Update
DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Re: OOC - "Return to Hoth"

Post by DeepSpacer » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:46 am

swrider wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:58 am
Do the imps have any grenades on them? Like on their belts that we can see?
Yes. Two per trooper. Standard armament. You thinking of some sort of Force Move to trigger one?

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

COMBAT

Post by DeepSpacer » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:38 am

NOTE: Rule Adaptations due to cold, ice, and snow.
* all extra Maneuvers take 3 Strain in the snow and cold, not +2 Strain as normal.
* anything 'dropped' will require an Avg. Perception check to find before picking it up
* any strain taken (as from threats) is increased by +1 due to the harsh cold.
* Threats & Despairs will likely have related environmental effects to them.
* Again, roll either Cool or Vigilance for Initiative.

NOTES: current status
* Vesper & Lanna are unarmed (no weapon in-hand), but the others likely still have weapons in their hands form the Probe Droid fight.
* Helios and Kettel are Engaged. Lanna, Vesper, and Thino are NOT engaged, but are at very close short range.
* Room exists to move further around the hillside, away from the troopers, but your not sure how far that would go. Enough room exists in what was dug out for two people to take cover there.
* Lieutenant Pitts and several Troopers are in engaged range (close enough to talk to easily)
* Using Ranged-Light at Engaged is 2Diff. Using Ranged-Heavy at Engaged is 3Diff.
* Commander Cooks is at short range with the rest of the Troopers.

Apparently, the soldiers never got the message from the tapping, although, one of them thought they heard something faintly. The door is at the end of a long hallway. They DID, however, hear a voice through the air duct past the fan and heating elements to the rear of the room where they were held up. More info on their circumstance to follow should we survive.

A sinister roll on the Officer's Discipline check. I swear, I only rolled once and took the first result. ;)
I believe a successful Deception check would have been an equally interesting result. I had an idea that the Officer was upset about his assignment and was maybe willing to compromise a bit. But the dice roller had other ideas. I wasn't going to have the Imperials show up until a bit later, but I decided this would be more interesting! We could have went into Echo Base first, at either end, but I try to keep things flexible for what the party decides to do.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:19 pm

Vesper Reshari; Uprising; Vigilance (initiative):
0 Success, 4 Advantages

ImageImageImage

Vesper's no help on the initiative front.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:20 pm

Lol just caught up sorry for not responding yesterday despite the obvious chance ds tried to give me to stealth. My mood was not in a good place and I was in bed most of the time, but reading the kerfufle we’ve gotten ourselves in with the rebels finally coming out was really entertaining.

Ds you said that heavy at engaged was 3 difficulty but what is heavy at close but since think is in short range it’s a normal 2? Wanted to make sure, I might still come in and try to stab some dudes with my vamblade

Also
Spoiler:
Thino; Uprising; Cool initiative:
1 Success, 2 Advantages

ImageImage
Another question would it be possible to have the ships swing around and just shoot at these dudes?

And is it possible for me to still stealth and do a sneak attack or has these guys coming out of the tunnel ruined that for me?
Active: Thino Krist Vo Cari Thew'Ruk Turugh’aie’azanon
Inactive: Goran Hownar Edessa

Currently on Dubai time

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:46 pm

Boutrose, to clarify, short range for weapons is 1Diff. Engaged is also 1Diff....to start. Using a Ranged weapon when engaged adds difficulty. Useling a (long) rifle against someone beside you is and extra +2Diff. Using a pistol (ranged light) is +1 Diff.

Ship weaponry does x10 damage to people (so, like 50prs). In order to not blast everyone or risk doing so, the enemy would have to be quite separated from us.

Yes, Think is in a little covey, thus far undetected. Unfortunately, "sneak attack" is more a D&D thing, but there is a Talent some Specs have for acting before others go in combat. Still, I like the idea and I like PCs rolling dice. Think can try a 2Diff (2 purple) Stealth check to get the drop on someone.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:34 pm

Ok I do love the idea of that, fits very much with thino’s hunter for the people aesthetic, I’ll make a roll and a post when I get back to my house soon.

Currently on Dubai time

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:18 pm

DeepSpacer wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:46 am
swrider wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:58 am
Do the imps have any grenades on them? Like on their belts that we can see?
Yes. Two per trooper. Standard armament. You thinking of some sort of Force Move to trigger one?
Yes, Hell has a lot of talents in force move and can do anything he can do with his hand and pull things out of secure housing. he should be able to triger a grenade on one of their belts. >:)

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:26 pm

Helios; Uprising; Init:
0 Success, 3 Advantages

ImageImage

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Initiative

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:40 am

LANNA
Spoiler:
Lanna; Uprising; Cool:
2 Successes, 1 Advantage
ImageImage
Two dice come out well!
NPC Kettel
Spoiler:
Cpt Kettel; Uprising; Cool:
3 Successes, 2 Advantages
ImageImageImage

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

NPC Initiative (Imperials)

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:51 am

Commander Cooks & Lieutenant Pitts
Spoiler:
NPC; Uprising; Cooks & Pitts:
2 Successes, 0 Advantage
ImageImage

NPC; Uprising; Cooks & Pitts:
2 Successes, 1 Advantage
ImageImage
Snowtroopers
Spoiler:
NPC; Uprising; Snowtroopers:
Minion Group (4) with Lt. Pitts
3 Successes, 2 Advantages
ImageImageImage

Minion Group (3) with Comm. Cooks
3 Successes, 0 Advantage
ImageImageImage

1 Success, 1 Advantage
ImageImageImage

2 Successes, 2 Advantages
ImageImageImage

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

NPC Initiative (Rebel Soldiers)

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:53 am

Rebel Soldiers
Spoiler:
NPC; Uprising; Rebel Soldiers:
2 Successes, 3 Advantages
ImageImageImageImage

NPC; Uprising; Rebel Soldiers:
3 Successes, 1 Advantage
ImageImageImageImage

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

INITIATIVE, ROUND ONE

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:09 am

Whose Turn Is It?

Keep in mind that you do not know which Snowtrooper is in which group. You can only reference their location in the game. I liked the challenge of several minion groups. Pretty chaotic and lots of record keeping & dice-rolling. Maybe in the future I would stick to one roll for a whole group, but I wanted to try it this way. ;)

I will roll through the Initiatives of NPC's, both allies and enemies. After the first flurry of chaos, a single PC will go before the Imperial Officers go. You can discuss who will go while you observe the unfolding chaos.

Any idea for how to spend Kettel Triumph on Inspiring Rhetoric? There is no specifics under the talent.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:22 am

hey ds, do I need to wait til my initiative spot to do the stealth or can I do it at any time?

Currently on Dubai time

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:23 am

Boutrose Saba-Norr wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:22 am
hey ds, do I need to wait til my initiative spot to do the stealth or can I do it at any time?
Do it now, please. it let's me know if anyone notices you. :)

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:32 am

DeepSpacer wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:23 am
Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:22 am
Do it now, please. it let's me know if anyone notices you. :)
Spoiler:
Thino Krist; Uprising; stealth:
2 Successes, 1 Threat

ImageImageImageImageImage
i hope that threat wont be too bad lol

Currently on Dubai time

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

1st PC's Turn

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:00 am

Time for the first PC to go. Whoever it is, they get +1 Boost die from the assistance of the Rebel Soldiers.

[[EDIT]] PC ALSO gets a Free maneuver.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:00 am

Maybe Triumph on Inspiring Rhetoric = Free maneuver for 1 PC per Success (so in this case, the first two PC slots)?

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:01 am

SavageBob wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:00 am
Maybe Triumph on Inspiring Rhetoric = Free maneuver for 1 PC per Success (so in this case, the first two PC slots)?
Sounds Great! Consider it DONE!

Well, Free maneuver for the two affected by the Inspiring Rhetoric (Vesper + Helios)

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:09 am

So, I've never played a healer before, let alone one with minions for allies. Can I attempt to heal the fallen minion Rebel troopers? Or would you rather wait till the combat concludes to see if any of them are healable?
Last edited by SavageBob on Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:13 am

ds, if I wanted to use my stealth to get the drop on commander Cooks, how would you want me to do it? use maneuvers? to try and sneak behind him? could I use my vamblade and try to go for a silent kill? I'm also thinking it might be advantageous to just position myself from another direction and fire into the troopers from behind in order to make it look like we are flanking them.

also if other players have an idea how I should use this let me know, this is mostly to see what I am allowed to do and what people want me to do.
Last edited by Boutrose Saba-Norr on Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Currently on Dubai time

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:15 am

SavageBob wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:09 am
So, I've never played a healer before, let alone one with minions for allies. Can I attempt to heal the fallen minion Rebel troopers? Or would you rather wait till the combat concludes to see if any of them are healable?
I never thought of that, but YES!!! It fits the Situation perfectly. What else would a medic do? I don't think there are such rules specified, but it'd be stupid not to allow it.

TWO Rebels Soldiers lay motionless. Both within reach (engaged range). Vesper has a Boost and a Free Maneuver.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:23 am

Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:13 am
ds, if I wanted to use my stealth to get the drop on commander Cooks, how would you want me to do it? use maneuvers? to try and sneak behind him? could I use my vamblade and try to go for a silent kill? I'm also thinking it might be advantageous to just position myself from another direction and fire into the troopers from behind in order to make it look like we are flanking them.
You are in a doorway and between you and the Commander (about 20-30 meters away at short range) is about EVERYONE mentioned except Lanna and Vesper, who are to your right as you come out of the doorway. There is only one path down to him. I'd have to give you double-cost to move through everyone, making it Two Maneuvers (eating 3 Strain to go Short to Engaged) to get to him. It is a bold move, but puts you engaged with Commander Cooks and about 6-8 Snowtroopers flanking him. Your Choice. I am not sure what Thino would do.

Right now, Stealth allows you NOT to be targeted by this opening volley and probably not fired at until you step out into the open. Looks like everyone will get bloodied in this mess.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:24 am

DeepSpacer wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:15 am
SavageBob wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:09 am
I never thought of that, but YES!!! It fits the Situation perfectly. What else would a medic do? I don't think there are such rules specified, but it'd be stupid not to allow it.

TWO Rebels Soldiers lay motionless. Both within reach (engaged range). Vesper has a Boost and a Free Maneuver.
OK, one other possibility: If Vesper finds that the Rebel is just plan dead, does she need to pass a Perception check to find a spare rifle in the snow and pick it up?

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:28 am

As for the first PC slot: I think one of the others should go first. Perhaps we should give Lanna that free maneuver so she can draw her weapon and unleash hell. Helios already has a rifle, which is a good weapon. Thino can try the sneak attack, too. Vesper will go last, I think, and try to get over to the fallen Rebels.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:42 am

DeepSpacer wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:23 am
Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:13 am
You are in a doorway and between you and the Commander (about 20-30 meters away at short range) is about EVERYONE mentioned except Lanna and Vesper, who are to your right as you come out of the doorway. There is only one path down to him. I'd have to give you double-cost to move through everyone, making it Two Maneuvers (eating 3 Strain to go Short to Engaged) to get to him. It is a bold move, but puts you engaged with Commander Cooks and about 6-8 Snowtroopers flanking him. Your Choice. I am not sure what Thino would do.

Right now, Stealth allows you NOT to be targeted by this opening volley and probably not fired at until you step out into the open. Looks like everyone will get bloodied in this mess.
nah, Thino would play it smart, if there is no way to outflank him then he wouldn't do something so reckless then he would take advantage of his ranged weapon

that said since you said that he will likely not be shot at until he comes out of stealth, would you think it were possible for him to try to use the blaster fire from both groups to try and take a shot while maintaining stealth?

Currently on Dubai time

Return to “Discussion”