The Gerrenthum Run (OOC)

Discussions out-of-character (OOC) and Q&A about the game.
Forum rules
ImageUse LSUse DS * Update
DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

The Gerrenthum Run (OOC)

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:37 pm

I posted a proposal by Toryn Farr. Hopefully, it is to everyone's liking. I think it is a bit 'sandbox' in that YOU figure out how out make it happen. I think that plays to your individual skills. Let me know what you think. :D

@SavageBob @swrider

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Re: Gerrenthum (OOC)

Post by DeepSpacer » Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:55 am

DESTINY POINTS...

GM; Uprising; Destiny Points:
, 2 Light Side , 2 Dark Side

ImageImageImage

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Re: The Gerrenthum Run (OOC)

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:01 pm

The PC's each have a fair amount of credits, each having received 5k from the Ione raid.

Also, Vesper can make a combined Knowledge: Warfare AVG check (2 Ranks for Kettel with Vesper's 4 INT). @SavageBob

Helios can make a AVG Streetwise Check for ideas the GM can suggest. @swrider

Narrate the results, IC, as you see fit. :D

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:22 am

After a Warfare check from @SavageBob , you can consider if you want to spend a precious Destiny Point to say you DID get a few Imperial Uniforms, intact.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:51 pm

Did we flip a ls point?

Also I think it first step is to get some cargo to transport. Hell will pony up 4k keeping 1k in reserve insane repairs etc are needed. Hopefully we can make a profit on the shipment, but the cover is more important.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:33 am

Looks like it, yes (DP flipped). I rather expected Hell to export some of those hot peppers, if just for entertainment's sake. lol

I am sure that 4k of commercial goods can be found.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:16 am

Ok. Did you want any rolls for that or just say it happens? I'm fine either way.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:21 am

swrider wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:16 am
Ok. Did you want any rolls for that or just say it happens? I'm fine either way.
No rolls. Just a prop for the act.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:21 am

Sounds good. I am good with a jump to arriving at the destination, once everyone else had had a chance to chime in. No hurry.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:51 pm

Previous Gerrenthum info:
Spoiler:
Vesper...
Your knowledge on the Anoat Sector fails you. However, you think the Ugnaught species has a home world nearby, as do the Nothoiin, a gold-toned race of humanoids. Perhaps some gray-toned humanoids out here, as well.

Vesper @SavageBob snaps a finger at the mention of the species of Anoat. "I knew the name rang a bell. My uni grav-ball team played Gerrenthum, I think, in a tournament once. They had a gold-skinned Nothoiin striker who was pretty good. And an Ugnaught goalkeeper you wouldn't believe. The coach was a gray-skinned humanoid if I remember her right."
***Perhaps that is an angle to exploit? Work some media types through the grav-ball connections?

Sarenda...
Spoiler:
Most of the systems in the Anoat Sector are mining colonies (crystals, ores, and the like) and not very sophisticated. The major crossroads of hyperspace lanes lies at Gerrenthum, the largest commerce planet in the system. You've never heard of Mexeluine (3F), but recall (3Adv) that there are a two main centers of commerce in the galactic 'north' of the sector.
Lanna...
Spoiler:
Lanna concurs with Kettel’s assessment of Mexeluine. It is, indeed, a commerce center. Lanna has heard that it is a relatively new commerce center (less than 200 years) and remains a relatively honest place to do business, unlike some of the older systems. It lays on the Corellian Trade Spine. Perhaps she can step forward and indicate such on the 3D map? You don't recall that the Anoat Sector (1 Adv) has any significant Imperial presence.
Voe...
Spoiler:
Most of the systems in the Anoat Sector are mining colonies (crystals, ores, and the like) and not very sophisticated. The major crossroads of hyperspace lanes lies at Gerrenthum, the largest commerce planet in the system. It is the current sector capital. Thousands of ship pass through there every hour. There will surely be a hyperspace stop there before continuing to Mexeluine.

Additionally, The Anoat Sector used to be called the Javin Sector over 1,000 years ago. It was annexed by the old Republic at about that time. (3 Threats) The Republic, you think, pushed the unfriendly inhabitants out. The system contains two vast nebulas (Kiax & Ivax), which caused it to go relatively unexplored for thousands of years. Since the time when hyperspace lanes were plotted through there, several planets have been rendered uninhabitable due to toxic waste (Including the planet Anoat, the former sector capital).

Major races include the Ugnaughts, gold-toned Nothoiin, and the Lutrillians. The Empire gets a relatively small supply of crystals from a system in the sector. Otherwise, its presence is minimal.

Mexeluine. (2 Thr) You never heard of it, but it does not sound safe to you. You're pretty sure there is a criminal element at work in the Anoat Sector.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:46 pm

@SavageBob Vesper and Helios each ponying up 4k in credits should fill the cargo hold with tangibly marketable goods to sell in Gerrenthum. Perhaps by doing business there one can come across some information?

{EDIT} +50cr each for the docking fee.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:19 am

So, I'm late to the game. If I want to have purchased some equipment prior to arriving on Garrenthum, do I need to roll Negotiation for it? I'm thinking an Urban Compass would be helpful.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:43 am

SavageBob wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:19 am
So, I'm late to the game. If I want to have purchased some equipment prior to arriving on Gerrenthum, do I need to roll Negotiation for it? I'm thinking an Urban Compass would be helpful.
Sure. You can roll for it.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:36 pm

Vesper; Uprising; Negotiation:
3 Successes, 2 Advantages

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rarity 1, and assumed help from Hell and Kettel, but ignore that if not applicable. What's the charge from the base of 125 credits?

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:35 am

SavageBob wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:36 pm
Vesper; Uprising; Negotiation:
3 Successes, 2 Advantages

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rarity 1, and assumed help from Hell and Kettel, but ignore that if not applicable. What's the charge from the base of 125 credits?
We'll say 110 credits.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:50 pm

My bad on the roll. Should I reroll the dice? I saw this because the roller orders them from highest to lowest iirc.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:20 pm

swrider wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:50 pm
My bad on the roll. Should I reroll the dice? I saw this because the roller orders them from highest to lowest iirc.
No reroll needed. I just remove the one green. No marked difference on the result.

We will see what the other @SavageBob results say. Sort of sandbox, but letting the dice determine what leads come up. :)

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:54 am

You didn't list Xenology as a suggested skill, but I figure Vesper would pay attention to non-humans and how they seemed to fit in (or not). Hope that's OK!

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:26 pm

SavageBob wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:54 am
You didn't list Xenology as a suggested skill, but I figure Vesper would pay attention to non-humans and how they seemed to fit in (or not). Hope that's OK!
Sure! If you can rationalize it. :D

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:57 pm

DeepSpacer wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:26 pm
Sure! If you can rationalize it. :D
OK! Tried to do so and rolled.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:25 am

Hell is going to idea some gambling as a way to make potential contacts, perhaps not the bookies but the gamblers. I'm not sure what you would want for rolls for this. But that is my idea, I like the idea of someone going with the pass as well.

Also about the cargo, I am assuming we sell it in the background? I'm not really interested in roll playing that through, but if there is potential to make a contact through it/ that might be worth pursuing.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:04 am

Glad you could free up some time this weekend, Swrider! I, for one, was busy most of the weekend. I will get to things as I can!

Helios has failed his previous Streetwise check, but made his Underworld check. He knows, maybe, where to make those kinds of wagers or who to speak to. If he wants to find a shadowy figure (a bookie) here at the game, it'll be a HARD Streetwise check at ImageImageImageImage.

Gerrenthum Raiders favored over the Mexeluine Tracers. For the street odds, you'll have to make the roll to find a bookie.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:48 am

@swrider
By 'Gambling', I think you meant the Streetwise check I asked for. Helios has Two Ranks in Streetwise. You rolled 3 Green. Up to you. You can keep THIS or reroll all the positive dice YYG.
Hellios; Uprising; Gambling:
1 Success, 4 Threats

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:07 am

Lol I misread own character sheet. I'll keep the roll. Why temp fate

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:34 pm

I went ahead and deducted credits for a field pass and the wager. I think I did that right, I dont gamble so I am not familar witht he parlance.

Return to “Discussion”