OOC: Darlyn Boda

Discussions out-of-character (OOC) and Q&A about the game.
Forum rules
ImageUse LSUse DS * Update
DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

OOC: Darlyn Boda

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:18 pm

GM; Uprising; Destiny Points:
, 4 Light Side , 3 Dark Side

ImageImageImageImage

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Re: OOC: Darlyn Boda

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:12 pm

@swrider A Reminder that the DP system does not update properly. :)

I rolled a DP for Sanguine and then a 4th as GM's prerogative.

Our knowledge skills are minimal, but a few rolls can be made to set the stage for what we know.

Knowledge, Outer Rim (For Darlyn Boda info): (Vesper's Roll) FORMIDIBLE (4 Diff) + Setback +1 Boost unskilled assist.

Knowledge, Warfare (For Darlyn Boda info): (Vesper's Roll) AVG (2 Diff) (YYGG) +1 Boosts skilled assist from Kettel (2 R's) plus being in the Alliance.

Knowledge, Underworld (For Darlyn Boda info): (Hell's' Roll) AVG (2 Diff) + Setback (YYGG) skilled assist from Vesper.

Streetwise (For Darlyn Boda info): (Hell's' Roll) AVG (2 Diff) (YYG) + Setback +1 Boost unskilled assist. (Any Advantage from Hell's Underworld Roll or Vesper's Outer Rim Roll can be spent here.)

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:12 pm

Thanks for the reminder. I'll be honest. I don't have any intention of getting to it until after my job interview on the 24 to and 25th. I'm just to busy until then.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:24 pm

swrider wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:12 pm
Thanks for the reminder. I'll be honest. I don't have any intention of getting to it until after my job interview on the 24 to and 25th. I'm just to busy until then.
That'll be fine. Will keep track the old fashioned way. ;)

We won't progress too quickly from here. I just wanted to get something up today so I can focus on the next parts.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:39 pm

I'll wait for Rider to be able to participate fully, then. We can do the rolls once he's back in action!

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:48 pm

SavageBob wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:39 pm
I'll wait for Rider to be able to participate fully, then. We can do the rolls once he's back in action!
Yeah. Just a placeholder to get something up. Oona is only a 2 Int and one rank in Core Worlds. Not a factor by these rolls.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:36 am

swrider wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:12 pm
How'd the interview go? @swrider

For the others, I am at a family reunion Sat-Tues this coming week. July 4th will probably the next time I get a chunk of free time.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:14 am

Great I got notifed that I will be recieving a job offer in the next three weeks. I ended up having two interviews so it will be intersting to see which job I get offered. Im still going to be quite busy for a while but will be back to posting even if it is a slower rate. Hopefully I'll get things up tommorrow. .

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Re-Posting

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:07 am

Re-posting in the OOC. After these rolls, I can sort out how it plays out. I think we are close to having just a little more IRL time.

I rolled a DP for Sanguine and then a 4th as GM's prerogative.

Our knowledge skills are minimal, but a few rolls can be made to set the stage for what we know.

Knowledge, Outer Rim (For Darlyn Boda info): (Vesper's Roll) FORMIDIBLE (4 Diff) + Setback +1 Boost unskilled assist.

Knowledge, Warfare (For Darlyn Boda info): (Vesper's Roll) AVG (2 Diff) (YYGG) +1 Boosts skilled assist from Kettel (2 R's) plus being in the Alliance.

Knowledge, Underworld (For Darlyn Boda info): (Hell's' Roll) AVG (2 Diff) + Setback (YYGG) skilled assist from Vesper.

Streetwise (For Darlyn Boda info): (Hell's' Roll) AVG (2 Diff) (YYG) + Setback +1 Boost unskilled assist. (Any Advantage from Hell's Underworld Roll or Vesper's Outer Rim Roll can be spent here.)

@swrider A Reminder that the DP system does not update properly. :)

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:21 pm

Vesper Reshari; Uprising; Knowledge (Outer Rim):
2 Failures, 2 Threats

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Vesper Reshari; Uprising; Knowledge (Warfare):
4 Successes, 5 Advantages

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Not much on the Outer Rim check, but good result on the Warfare check. In case you want to use the 2 Threats for setbacks on the second check:

Vesper Reshari; Uprising; Knowledge (Warfare):
1 Failure, 1 Threat

ImageImage

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:03 pm

Threats and Adv's do not pass. They will represent additional facts/details, be accurate or not.

@SavageBob Magnificent Warfare check! Vesper knows that Darlyn Boda was one of several staging places for building Echo Base on Hoth, but knows little to nothing about the planet itself. Perhaps another icy planet like Hoth??? (2 Threats) There may be Rebel allies still there. She may know some people at Echo Base whose pre-staging point was there. I welcome any input you may have as to what Vesper may know. Lots of Successes and Advantages to take care of. :D

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:22 pm

Cool! So, DB was a staging area for Echo Base is probably worth Image. Maybe the three other Image suggest three reasons why it was a good stating point, like lack of a strong Imperial presence, access to the [whatever] trade route, and abundant supply of [whatever]? Those seem like basic strategic facts she may know about it based on its role in the war.

I like the 5 Image relating to potential allies or others with experience there. Maybe one of our rescued Rebels from Hoth did his staging there and can fill in some of the blanks? Or our Imperial captive can fill us in on what the Empire thinks about the place? He's still around, right?

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:48 pm

SavageBob wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:22 pm
Cool! So, DB was a staging area for Echo Base is probably worth Image. Maybe the three other Image suggest three reasons why it was a good stating point, like lack of a strong Imperial presence, access to the [whatever] trade route, and abundant supply of [whatever]? Those seem like basic strategic facts she may know about it based on its role in the war.
Unfortunately, most of those have to do with knowing something about the planet. It is on a hyperspace trade route. "Limited" Imperial presence says it best. Imperial Gov't and a base. Little else.
SavageBob wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:22 pm
I like the 5 Image relating to potential allies or others with experience there. Maybe one of our rescued Rebels from Hoth did his staging there and can fill in some of the blanks? Or our Imperial captive can fill us in on what the Empire thinks about the place? He's still around, right?
OOOooohhhhh!!! Lt. Pitts, I believe. Rebel soldiers! EXCELLENT!!! Will wait for Hell's rolls to bring it all together.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:52 pm

This is a weird roll.

Hell Loco; Uprising; Kn Underworld:
0 Success, 0 Advantage, 1 Triumph,

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

What a wash

Hell Loco; Uprising; Streetwise:
0 Success, 0 Advantage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:44 pm

So I've been thinking about the triumph on my Kn Underworld check. There is no net success with it so Hell does not know anything about the underworld setup there, but perhaps he knows someone. Could the triumph be used to have an old acquaintance or friend of Hell's be located there?

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:27 am

swrider wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:44 pm
So I've been thinking about the triumph on my Kn Underworld check. There is no net success with it so Hell does not know anything about the underworld setup there, but perhaps he knows someone. Could the triumph be used to have an old acquaintance or friend of Hell's be located there?
I was thinking that. Run into an old acquaintance? Like whom? Anything in the background you can think of?

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:35 am

I don't mention many people in his backstory. Perhaps the biker that he bought a drink for back on Ione. Things went that something on the first encounter, but hell did buy the drink. Perhaps the guys had been telling the story of this crazy bloke when he'll walks in and hes like "that's the guy!"

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:41 am

swrider wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:35 am
I don't mention many people in his backstory. Perhaps the biker that he bought a drink for back on Ione. Things went that something on the first encounter, but hell did buy the drink. Perhaps the guys had been telling the story of this crazy bloke when he'll walks in and hes like "that's the guy!"
Dang....making me backtrack and Search for scenes!!! Confound it!!!

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:47 am

lol. It can be fun tying in random scenes like that though.

@DeepSpacer your destiny tracker is now fixed. you will have to set it. The issue was much larger than I anticipated as the forum upgrade prevents images from automatically refreshing with a page. I had to devise a work around to make the image refresh. You may notice it flash to the old number before changing, that is a result of the work around if it is too annoying let me know and I can change it. I have not fixed all of the forums yet, so if you have another game you wish fixed quickly let me know. Also I fixed the initiative tracker, you don't use it in this game, but I thought I would mention it as well.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:16 pm

OOC NPC Roll. He is quite convincing.
Spoiler:
NPC; Uprising; Deception Roll:
1 Success, 1 Threat

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:20 pm

I think we're waiting on @swrider to make a roll, correct?

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:47 pm

SavageBob wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:20 pm
I think we're waiting on swrider to make a roll, correct?
Correct. Seems to have been a busy week for many. It is the Summer, after all.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:30 pm

I was under the impression that someone else was making the roll. Sorry about that I'll try to get to a computer tonight. If I haven't already rolled someone else may do it.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:28 am

It's okay, Busy week here. Tues-Wed a no-go. Hope to be free a bit by Thurs-Fri.

Yeah, Oona may return to player control at a future point, so I will keep her involved. Plus, she's better with people skills. The 'agitator role' was the main one of the campaign, but ended up being the most volatile. Go figure.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:40 pm

It is always dangerous to plan a game around any one character in PBP. As much as I try to avoid premade adventures, they seem to work well in PBP because they already include a bit of a railroad. The lack of visual clues between gamers and GM can really make PBP difficult at times.

Return to “Discussion”