OOC: Darlyn Boda

Discussions out-of-character (OOC) and Q&A about the game.
Forum rules
ImageUse LSUse DS * Update
swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Re: OOC: Darlyn Boda

Post by swrider » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:16 pm

So I'm back ish but I don't recall what is going on well. Perhaps we pick up with a cantina scene and do some role-play and make some connections. Bars are great places to overhear things.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:14 am

DeepSpacer wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:49 pm
Regarding the Red Dawn and the stranded GR-75 Transport, I see that the GR-75 has better sensors and shields than the YT-2000 we have. Our only upgrade to the Red Dawn has been an Ion Gun. HPs 1 of 5. I would suggest converting these to attachments "Boosted Sensors" (+1hp) and "Reinforced Shield Generators" (+2hps). If so, Vesper can make some "mod" rolls for us. Setback for switched items between mismatched ships.

Boosted Sensors: +1 range band. MOD: +1 additional range band. HARD+SB Mechanics check.
(Red Dawn has Short Range. This would go to Medium, and maybe Long)

Re Shield Gen: +1 to Shield zone (front or rear). MODS: two +1 mods, each to either front or rear. HARD+SB check ImageImageImageImage + DAUNTING+SB ImageImageImageImageImage check. (If she fails the first, then can try the 2nd Mod at only HARD+SB).... The Red Dawn starts with 1/1 shields.
Vesper can try the rolls above. All Mechanics checks with +1 Boost each for assistance. @SavageBob

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:50 am

Hell would assist. Unless given another task.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:55 am

swrider wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:16 pm
So I'm back ish but I don't recall what is going on well. Perhaps we pick up with a cantina scene and do some role-play and make some connections. Bars are great places to overhear things.
In short (IC), we found Toryn Farr (Communications Officer on Hoth - In Empire Strikes Back) in Boda City and tended to her sister, a wounded ace pilot. I wrapped it up with us being led to the survivors in the jungle with the GR-75 transport (Bright Hope) there. Many of the survivors were still hurt and the supplies aboard the Red Dawn that we originally bought were great comfort to them. The survivors were elated to see fellow survivors from Echo Base. Vesper and Helios made 'Captains'. Each rec'd +25 XP. Each is now at Contribution Rank 3. This can mean a new, secret base and will greatly boost your sway with fellow Rebel and political leaders.

You should apply and spend the XP, IMO. There is some down time now that we are reunited. I factored in boosting the sensors and shields from the the GR-75 to the Red Dawn. I await for Vesper to try the mods. Among the survivors, there are no better mechanics.

Going forward, I had a variety of ideas. We seemed to like the theme of "rising up" to thwart the Empire in the Anoat Sector. We also have incriminating evidence of atrocities (gassing of Corin) which also happened to the planet Anoat some time ago. One idea I had is to "broadcast" the evidence throughout the sector. This might be something like taking over or splicing the lines of the sectors most powerful holobroadcasting station (likely under Imperial control).

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:58 am

@SavageBob
Vesper ALSO has +25 XP to spend. Plus, adjust to Contribution Rank 3. I was thinking, in addition to benefits such as a secret base, it would also give you (maybe) +3 boost dice interacting with Rebels or Rebel sympathizers.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:30 pm

The boost die would be stretching the rules, but a rank of captain has to hold some sway automatically.

I like pursuing the attrocities angle, but think setting up supply networks for the new base and such would be more pressing. Though I am happy to abstract out that to the background. We do need more intelligence on the sector though with information on each planet space station and basic imperial locations. We may want to go one a scouting and intelligence mission. Either on space craft or through making contacts.

This too could be abstracted to the background. I'm fine either way.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:26 pm

Hey, folks. Slowly getting back into my various games here. I'll take a look at XP and necessary mods sometime tonight. It may be time for Vesper to either pick up a second spec with Mechanics as a Career Skill, or to just take a rank or two out-of-career.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:28 pm

Oh, wait. I already did that by getting Well-Rounded on the Medic tree and taking Mechanics. :)

So, yeah, let me look over my options today and get a post up this evening.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:00 pm

Can I make another character? a Second that is. It is hard to move things forward with just the two of us. I also cant think of anything to spend the XP on. Perhaps one of the rebels from the ship. If so what xp should I use starting equipment and any restrictions you want?

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:44 pm

swrider wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:00 pm
Can I make another character? a Second that is. It is hard to move things forward with just the two of us. I also cant think of anything to spend the XP on. Perhaps one of the rebels from the ship. If so what xp should I use starting equipment and any restrictions you want?
It WOULD be a good place to have someone step up. Although, I did fashion something for two. It could add another if that is your desire. The next thing is rather wide open. Many ways one can get it done: infiltrate, spy, disguise, bluff, slice, computers, break-in, climb, shootout, etc...

My main stream of thinking on new characters is that they are new characters. A brand new character can easily out-do all existing PC's in several skills just by starting XP. I'd probably say, "Make a new character" and then add 30xp earned. Our beginning ones began with +20xp earned. Helios has most Cunning filled, Vesper is INT, .... lack a lot of Presence. Charm, Negotiation, Leadership, Core Worlds, Outer Rim, ...

Campaign-wise, a volunteer from among the survivors could work. Or, a native Darlyn Boda guy. It could be a Toryn Farr apprentice who needs to narrate the video across the HoloNet. The campaign always did focus on uniting faction against the Empire, but those characters left all the time. OTOH, a bruising combatant with heavy weaponry could just help us raid places. You can post ideas in the Character Concepts.

XP expenditure for Helios?

3 ranks in anything.

Skilled Jockey (10), Improved Full Throttle (15)...difficulty decreased to Avg., use it as a Maneuver instead of an action.

Dead to Rights, Improved " " " : (10+15) Add Agility to damage with vehicle/ship weapon (+4 in Helios' case)

Also, Gambler Tree. Convincing Demeanor, Second Chances, Grit, Toughened. All good stuff. Hell is the crazy-lucky type. It fits.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:29 am

I've been eyeing the Vanguard tree for Vesper, which would cover the combat focus. Let me take a loot at it now. Might be worth taking now. I'm still fairly swamped IRL, so I won't have time to create a second character, at least not at the present time.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:43 am

DeepSpacer wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:14 am
DeepSpacer wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:49 pm
Regarding the Red Dawn and the stranded GR-75 Transport, I see that the GR-75 has better sensors and shields than the YT-2000 we have. Our only upgrade to the Red Dawn has been an Ion Gun. HPs 1 of 5. I would suggest converting these to attachments "Boosted Sensors" (+1hp) and "Reinforced Shield Generators" (+2hps). If so, Vesper can make some "mod" rolls for us. Setback for switched items between mismatched ships.

Boosted Sensors: +1 range band. MOD: +1 additional range band. HARD+SB Mechanics check.
(Red Dawn has Short Range. This would go to Medium, and maybe Long)

Re Shield Gen: +1 to Shield zone (front or rear). MODS: two +1 mods, each to either front or rear. HARD+SB check ImageImageImageImage + DAUNTING+SB ImageImageImageImageImage check. (If she fails the first, then can try the 2nd Mod at only HARD+SB).... The Red Dawn starts with 1/1 shields.
Vesper can try the rolls above. All Mechanics checks with +1 Boost each for assistance. @SavageBob
So, went with Stimpack Specialization for [5] (last talent left on top row), Mechanics 2 [10], and Ranged (Heavy) 2 [10]. That helps round us out about in the mechanical and combat areas, plus a good low-hanging boon.

Rolling for installing equipment now. Assuming assist from Hell.

Vesper; Uprising; Mechanics:
0 Success, 1 Advantage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Missed the first one. Trying for the second. Using the advantage for a boost.

4 Successes, 0 Advantage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Second succeeded. Trying the third.

2 Successes, 1 Advantage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Got the third.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:59 am

Shields of the Red Dawn boosted from 1/1 to 3/2 (Front/Rear).

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:01 am

I'll get xp expenditures up this week sorry for the delay. I like the gambler idea.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:46 pm

What is the cost of a second tree again? Iso t have access to my books and can't recall.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:25 am

swrider wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:46 pm
What is the cost of a second tree again? Iso t have access to my books and can't recall.
2nd Tree? Add a zero to the number. 2nd tree = 20 pts. 3rd tree = 30 pts.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:37 pm

I have posted my xp expenditures. I am not sure on my current duty. duty 0 contribution rank 3? I also post IC asking for volunteers. Once an answer is provided I can move forward, but I am in no hurry. My move in date is March 17th so End of march I should be back to a regular full posting schedual.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:46 am

I'm going to pass on the second character. E can move forward. Sorry for the delay.

Return to “Discussion”