OOC: The Assault on Ione

Discussions out-of-character (OOC) and Q&A about the game.
Forum rules
ImageUse LSUse DS * Update
swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Re: OOC: The Assault on Ione

Post by swrider » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:34 am

@DeepSpacer i believe the speeder truck should have only taken 1 damage at most. Since hull trauma is in the same scale as armor and planetary weapons the the extra damage are only 3/10ths of a HT. I would have rounded up to one as it is easier to count.

For the record I am asking how you run this in your game and exposing my understanding of raw.
So did the trick take 3 damage, 1 damage, or none?

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:25 pm

swrider wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:34 am
DeepSpacer i believe the speeder truck should have only taken 1 damage at most. Since hull trauma is in the same scale as armor and planetary weapons the the extra damage are only 3/10ths of a HT. I would have rounded up to one as it is easier to count.

For the record I am asking how you run this in your game and exposing my understanding of raw.
So did the trick take 3 damage, 1 damage, or none?
Good point. Sometimes I get confused with the ratios. A lot going on IRL now, too. Well, for this one I think of the idea of a lightly-armored "van" or sorts getting shot up. I imagine it should be (likely) 2 damage since it took 13-10=3 twice, even it it was 3/10ths each. No problem with that. Still, getting past "soak/armor" means the Criticals count, so that could still disable it.

Looking at a Luke speeder, it is WT 4 SS 5 and 0 armor. So, about "40hps", right? Shooting that up would be far more simple. I liken it to shooting up a car. It can only take so much. The truck is more like an armored car. I could just keep a 'personal' scale 100hps and it is down to 94.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:22 pm

It's a narrative game. Any approach works really, it's just a matter of prefference and ease.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:40 pm

@Boutrose Saba-Norr Thino's slot in the order, when you get the time. You may also go back-to-back if time has been an issue recently. It is end of the round plus first slot of the next round.

At last glance, he had fired out the (right) door of the speeder truck and wasted the remaining Stormtroopers there.
- One Maneuver to get to the other side (left) of the vehicle. (Or, the same maneuver can depart from the vehicle)
- One Setback Die Image to first action (The Stormtroopers spent Adv's)
- Short range Image
- one Setback Die Image for Cover

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:11 pm

Hey guys, I know this has been a long time coming, but at the same time I tried to delay it as much as possible out of my desire that it wasn’t necessary, and that hasn’t been fair. My time has been getting more and more limited as my responsibilities with my job, and my volunteer activities have increased. even before it got this bad you could all likely see that I was only able to get on once a week and even when it was only that bad, making everyone wait for me to be active was selfish and I shouldn’t have kept it going even then. Now that it has gotten worse I've found myself so busy that I don't even notice time passing and I found the weeks passed without me being able to check in without me even noticing and this was a wake-up call that I can not continue to inconvenience everyone going forward.
I’ve enjoyed my time here on the forums very much, and I hope that my schedule frees itself up in the future so that I can join you all again, but I know that I can’t expect you to keep my character going as an NPC while you wait for me indefinitely.
I 
Loved playing with you guys, especially this campaign as it was my first game here and the one whose characters I had the greatest connection to, and I hope you can all enjoy your games as I take a back seat from the role-playing for now.
Active: Thino Krist Vo Cari Thew'Ruk Turugh’aie’azanon
Inactive: Goran Hownar Edessa

Currently on Dubai time

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:49 am

@Boutrose Saba-Norr You are ALWAYS welcome to join back in if/when you have the time. Many thanks from me in ALL our games for your time and efforts. It's been a pleasure!!!

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:30 am

@swrider @SavageBob @SanguineAngel
Thino's turns taken. Back to the next two PC's.

Stormtrooper holding out in the barracks entrance are +2 Defense (cover and advantages spent).
Helios is facing the hover tank. 2 Diff to hit.

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:55 am

Hey guys, I believe @swrider should go next - as then it's the NPC's and I can't really do much more than get out of the gun emplacement anyway.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:28 pm

Thanks for the reminder. Ill do that now.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:41 pm

Ok that is Helios and Dennies. Dennies passed one boost die to the next player. Hopefully he did enough damage to take out the tank because Hell didn't.

@DeepSpacer Let me know if you object to the use of advantages to recover strain. I figured passing three boost dice was excessive and Hell was getting a little to high on strain this encounter.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:15 pm

swrider wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:41 pm
Ok that is Helios and Dennies. Dennies passed one boost die to the next player. Hopefully he did enough damage to take out the tank because Hell didn't.

DeepSpacer Let me know if you object to the use of advantages to recover strain. I figured passing three boost dice was excessive and Hell was getting a little to high on strain this encounter.
Technically, 2pts away from destruction, but I try to remind myself to play in the role of the NPC. He runs for his life!!! The tank is still a smoldering wreck, but functional. (11/12 WT)

Helios heals 3 Strain (Probably a smart move!)

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:22 pm

Either Oona or Vesper can go next, with the +1 Boost die. I believe Sanguine defers to you, SavBob.
@SavageBob
There are a handful of troopers holding out in the entrance to the barracks.

@swrider What do you intend to do next with the AT-ST in terms of the battlefield? Go around front? Head for the TIE's? (As if ignoring the lone driver who fled, for now.) I am figuring on the next jump of events.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:50 am

The ties are still on the ground and are useless. I believe we took out both torrents. The main force of the base had moved away, but by now will have some indication that the attack is occurring on the base. They would likely be headed back towards the base at this point. If there are no other immediate threats then helios would concern himself with preparing for that action.

I am undecided on wither he would prepare with the ATST or if he would switch to a tie fighter. He prefers being a space pilot, but the ATST seems to be more powerful and has a second gunner.

Any thoughts from the group.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:35 pm

TIEs are pretty squishy. And I'd guess we're about to have the mass combat roll? Maybe stick on the ground for now?

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:37 pm

DeepSpacer wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:22 pm
Either Oona or Vesper can go next, with the +1 Boost die. I believe Sanguine defers to you, SavBob.
There are a handful of troopers holding out in the entrance to the barracks.
What was the result of Vesper's last grenade toss? I don't think we got any indication what happened.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:52 pm

SavageBob wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:35 pm
TIEs are pretty squishy. And I'd guess we're about to have the mass combat roll? Maybe stick on the ground for now?
That makes sense, the next question is does hell blast the ties to pieces? As long as they are there and not under our control they are a risk. Ties normally dont have hyperspace capability and are not the easiest to fly so they would probably not be efficient to salvage as part of our raid. With the possible exception of the one carying biological/chemical weaponry.

I am just not sure if they are a more immediate threat than the potentially incoming forces that had previously left the base... including another undamaged ATST.

If the two fuelers are still on the ground it may be worth it to tray and hijack those and simply leave the base.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:39 pm

I like both of those ideas: blast the TIEs or steal the fuel tankers.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:39 pm

SavageBob wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:37 pm
What was the result of Vesper's last grenade toss? I don't think we got any indication what happened.
Good catch!!! I skipped over that one! IC Post made. Little activity coming from that entryway now. Restricted sight (cover) means you can't be totally sure if there is anyone left.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:13 pm

Okay, I will jump slightly ahead with the next posts. It sets us up for a final confrontation.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:12 pm

For the purposes of vehicle destruction, I am going with 2x's WT is destruction, as is rolling high on the Vehicle Critical Table.

The truck is severely damaged (WT 17/10) and the next hit may be its last. How well you make your (AVG) Coordination OR Athletics rolls will determine your current position. Failure means you will begin inside the burning truck or on the ground, prone, depending on the roll. Any Advantage you get can Boost yourself on the Vigilance check for Initiative.

I hadn't considered the possibility of friendly fire from above. It may yet come into play. :twisted:

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:43 am

Helios; Uprising; Vigilance :
2 Successes, 0 Advantage

ImageImage

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:09 pm

THINO KRIST Athletics Check:
Thino; Uprising:
0 Success, 2 Advantages
ImageImageImageImageImage

THINO KRIST Vigilance Check:
Thino; Uprising; Vigilance:
1 Success, 0 Advantage

@SanguineAngel AVG Athletics or Coordination check needed as well as a Vigilance check for initiative.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri May 03, 2019 9:21 pm

GM (For Oona/Sanguine) ....not bad rolls to make if the GM rolls for you.
Anyone else want me to roll for them? ;)

GM (For Oona/Sanguine); Uprising; Oona Coordination :
3 Successes, 1 Threat
ImageImageImageImageImage
+1 Strain from exiting the vehicle 'roughly'

GM (For Oona/Sanguine); Uprising; Vigilance:
4 Successes, 0 Advantage
ImageImage

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri May 03, 2019 9:34 pm

Initiative (AT-ST, Pilots)

NPC; Uprising; Initiative (AT-ST, Pilots) :
0 Success, 1 Advantage

ImageImage

NPC; Uprising; Initiative (AT-ST, Pilots) :
1 Success, 1 Advantage

ImageImage

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri May 03, 2019 9:57 pm

I will disregard Thino's initiative since he's not a current player and it'd fall between the two NPC slots (which usually creates a tedious PBP delay). Kwist and Sgt Braxx are piloting the truck and will go with Thino as the last PC takes his turn. Naturally, they will use their turns to leave their seats and exit the speeder truck. After that, they may help target pilots.

PC slot: ? ← We are here
PC slot: ?
PC slot: ?
NPC slot: ?
NPC slot: ?

Return to “Discussion”