OOC: The Assault on Ione

Discussions out-of-character (OOC) and Q&A about the game.
Forum rules
ImageUse LSUse DS * Update
DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

OOC: The Assault on Ione

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:18 pm

The previous IC/OOC was getting a bit crowded (152/425 posts, respectively), so I started new ones.

Who is going to Turret #1? Vesper, Thino, & Oona.... any NPC's? Srgt. Braxx or Kwist?

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Re: OOC: The Assault on Ione

Post by SavageBob » Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:10 am

I think that's right. I'd think we'd want Braxx and Kwist with us.

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:08 am

Yeah I'd say we'll want to make sure we have as many guns as possible. Also that's a lovely picture!

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:26 pm

@swrider Hell is going to be delayed a bit, as far as the action goes. The pilots won't scramble until an attack in the air has been discovered. I'll play out the turret scenario first.

In the meantime, he can make a Piloting (Planetary) roll (AVG difficulty) to familiarize himself with the controls of the AT-ST. Failure just means you don't gain any insights. Success will help you with information on firepower, speed, weaknesses, maneuverability, etc... Threats or Advantages will be setbacks or boosts, respectively.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:36 pm

Can he get a boost from the soldier with him?

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:43 pm

hey giys, i'm available again, lol i flew for like 30 hours the other day and come back to see a new board up. did we get xp and stuff or is this mainly for story purposes?

I concur, we want the two troopers with us when we make the trip to the turret, if anything they can help us secure it when we decide to take it over.
Active: Thino Krist Vo Cari Thew'Ruk Turugh’aie’azanon
Inactive: Goran Hownar Edessa

Currently on Dubai time

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:32 pm

Boutrose Saba-Norr wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:43 pm
hey giys, i'm available again, lol i flew for like 30 hours the other day and come back to see a new board up. did we get xp and stuff or is this mainly for story purposes?

I concur, we want the two troopers with us when we make the trip to the turret, if anything they can help us secure it when we decide to take it over.
Welcome back! 30-hour flight! Yikes! I think I got in 7 movies the last time I did that.

Moved along for story purposes.
The previous IC/OOC was getting a bit crowded (152/425 posts, respectively), so I started new ones.
I just posted us getting to the first turret. No sign of anything in the skies, yet.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:34 pm

ok cool, Thino's first instinct will be to go to his weapon but he will hesitate and let oona try to social the situation.

Currently on Dubai time

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:44 pm

So I was very careful in my post to not say anything that was not true, so as to avoid having to make a deception check, and Thino also praised the men by calling them dutiful soldiers hopefully opening it up for a charm check that could be used to downgrade oona's difficulty for her social check.

Currently on Dubai time

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:58 pm

Okay, so I'll wait to see if DS let's you use that charm and if we need good cop. You might pass the charm check itself, of course.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:16 pm

Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:44 pm
So I was very careful in my post to not say anything that was not true, so as to avoid having to make a deception check, and Thino also praised the men by calling them dutiful soldiers hopefully opening it up for a charm check that could be used to downgrade oona's difficulty for her social check.
Indeed you did! :evil:
More applicable is the combined Charm Check to have him let down his guard (or, Coercion). Going further to feign being an inspection crew (impersonating someone) and doing a fake inspection would trigger Deception, IMO. It won't be easy, but there's always a chance.
  • Persuade an individual to make a special exception to usual practices through flattery, flirting and grace.
  • Appeal to an individual’s better nature, requiring them to go out of their way to aid the characters without any hope of remuneration.

I see now....going for Good Cop check, eh? I suppose it's advantage is the Upgrade rather than simply passing a boost for assist.

So, depending on how the first check goes, I'll give you difficulties for both so as not to hold things up.
Thino making Charm Check:
YG vs PP +
(1) Setback for being non-human versus an Imperial with anti-alien sentiment
(1) Setback for being secretive about your identity
(1) Setback for having no apparent authority (rank, badge, etc...)
(1) Setback for no obvious inspection gear +/- extra people present.

It will be Charm YYG (Oona) and (Upgrade from Thino IF he makes the check). No assist.
(1) Setback for being associated with a non-human versus an Imperial with anti-alien sentiment
(1) Setback for being secretive about your identity (Unless you tell them who you are)
Maybe a boost if Vesper pulls out some slicer stuff to look like the correct gear. By gear, I mean, things one might use for inspection. Detectors, pads, scanners, computers, etc...

Coercion and Deception are options, too. Similar, but maybe not the same, setbacks.

As I said....tough, but not impossible. You made two tough checks before (against someone with a weakness for seeking glory, which helped). I saw nothing on the sheets about removing SB dice from Charm.

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:35 pm

I'll almost certainly go for coercion/deception if I need to step in. Lay it on thick with the stern superior officer etc.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:46 pm

SanguineAngel wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:35 pm
I'll almost certainly go for coercion/deception if I need to step in. Lay it on thick with the stern superior officer etc.
No problem :D But previous failed checks (by themselves) can hinder subsequent rolls as the PCs stumble over their words and keep changing their tone.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:53 pm

So I would say that Thino probably wouldn’t get the set back for being non-human as he has his helmet on at the moment. Aside from that all seems good and I’ll make the roll

Currently on Dubai time

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:54 pm

I also hope it won't come to it. Thino has historically done a bang up job all on his own.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:02 pm

Spoiler:
Hell; Uprising; Pilot planetary:
1 Success, 7 Advantages

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Body from soldier if allowed
Spoiler:
Hell; Uprising; Boost from soldier:
0 Success, 0 Advantage

Boost from skilled jock of allowed. Typical removes setback but no setback given.
Spoiler:
Two blank boost dice in a row? Weird!

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:03 am

Well ok, I only rolled with three setbacks because thino has his helmet on but I can roll another if necessary. but right now it looks like thino succeeded on that charm check.

Should make it easier for Oona to do a deception and get us in.

Thino Krist; Uprising; charm:
2 Successes, 2 Threats

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Currently on Dubai time

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:37 pm

I have posted but not rolled. Would you like me to make Coercion or Deception? Under the assumption I still need to make the check...

Given Thino success I realise they may not be necessary and this might just be flavour text to rou d out the conversation.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:11 pm

SanguineAngel wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:37 pm
I have posted but not rolled. Would you like me to make Coercion or Deception? Under the assumption I still need to make the check...

Given Thino success I realise they may not be necessary and this might just be flavour text to rou d out the conversation.
Thino's success diffused a tense situation where the opponents were ready to draw weapons on the group. it convinced them of nothing else at the moment.
Spoiler:
Boutrose Saba-Norr wrote: ↑Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:41 pm
Thino alters his hand movement, trying to play it off as if he weren't reaching for his blaster, and uses his hand to make a downward wave as if to tell the men to put their weapons away.

"Commander Bullard and the Major went off to deal with a report I delivered to them of an imminent Rebel incursion. As for who I am, the less you know the better, but I will allow my associate here to explain the situation. Officer Oona, you are better at talking, let these dutiful soldiers know what the situation is."
The rest of the explanation is about 1/2 coercion and 1/2 deception. I'd say roll either one. Or, perhaps, I'd say roll a Coercion and then roll a Deception (one possibly feeding the other). And why not? Rolling more dice is good. ;) Or, possibly, a great Coercion roll could make him step aside even if he does not believe (all of) the deception.

Coercion and Deception are both vs Discipline (which is Red-Red-Purple {CCD}).

(1) Setback for revealing you don't know how the base is run.
(((Outside, lower-ranked, base personnel are Ione-dressed. Inside critical areas are strictly Imperial Troops. but you would not know that.)))

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:22 am

lol, @SanguineAngel you don't need to keep telling people thino is an alien he is wearing a helmet.

Currently on Dubai time

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:50 am

I just realized somthing, did we ever pick our second duty reward items?

Currently on Dubai time

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:46 am

haha sorry @Boutrose Saba-Norr I was wanting to eliminate the setback and these guys will hopefully be out of the way soon anyway! But mainly, I forogt!

However, my surly hyperbole has backfired and delivered me another setback anyway!

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:08 pm

Okay, I have rolled! It was not great so looks like things are about to get Messy.

Also, @deepspacer I have taken 1 strain in downgrading the difficulty of the check (Intimidating)

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:43 am

Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:22 am
lol, @SanguineAngel you don't need to keep telling people thino is an alien he is wearing a helmet.
Nah....partly my fault. For some reason I thought these were the security guard helms with visors. Upon checking back with the picture, I was wrong. I've forgotten more than once. :oops:

Ah, looking at Sanguine's roll (fail, but w/ Triumph), I went to the Despair reading by mistake...."Reveal something about goals and motivations to the target." I thought, "Ah! Thino's helmet falls off!!!"

Then I thought, Oh, I was mistaken Despair for Triumph.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:59 am

swrider wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:42 pm
viewtopic.php?f=96&t=781#p27607
Roll to familiarize myself posted in above thread.
1 success 7 advantages.
You mentioned advantages being used to provide boosts. How about two to Hell and three to Dennies on their respective attacks? That would make Dennies attack be
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Plus a boost from aiming now and another boost from aiming on the round bringing it to
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
I think that is reasonable, given that you are sitting tight for a bit to see things unfold. Normally, that's a bit overload on the boosts, but it fits this situation. Or, make it 1:2 boosts and reserve an advantage against that other AT-ST (should it come to that....knowing the weakness...2 boosts). Your choice.

Return to “Discussion”