OOC: City of Corin and Beyond

Discussions out-of-character (OOC) and Q&A about the game.
Forum rules
ImageUse LSUse DS * Update
Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Re: OOC: City of Corin and Beyond

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:06 pm

I’m going to let oona respond to hells suggestion since Thino is waiting for the freighter to respond. Luckily it doesn’t matter if it is Lana or ronin responding on the com since we established that Thino understands Lana
Active: Thino Krist Vo Cari Thew'Ruk Turugh’aie’azanon
Inactive: Goran Hownar Edessa

Currently on Dubai time

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:46 am

Boutrose Saba-Norr wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:06 pm
I’m going to let oona respond to hells suggestion since Thino is waiting for the freighter to respond. Luckily it doesn’t matter if it is Lana or ronin responding on the com since we established that Thino understands Lana
Ah...for some reason the second part of Thino's response did not compute with me when I read it before.

The little additions to the deception seem to be wearing thin on the comm center crew. It is highly unusual to be under the orders of someone else, but the initial deception still holds since there was a setback die for that.

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:44 pm

hey guys, just putting together some orders.

My intention is to alert the turrets to expect some personal oversight - hopefully allowing you to gain entry painlessly.

@swrider, you still wanting to commandeer a fighter/walker? Apparently ground forces take their orders from the command barracks but if you're just gunna steal one and wreck havoc we probably don't need to do anything there.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:08 pm

Are we sticking around up here? I get the feeling we're pushing our luck and should cut while the cutting's good. Vesper would like to get evidence of Imperial involvement in the gas attacks while perhaps appropriating some medical gear from the same tent.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:31 pm

Hell would want to pilot something, but will follow orders. Getting control if a walker could really turn the tide off the battle if he could take it the other and a few ties. Or keep them from getting manned.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:49 pm

swrider wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:31 pm
Hell would want to pilot something, but will follow orders. Getting control if a walker could really turn the tide off the battle if he could take it the other and a few ties. Or keep them from getting manned.
That is a keen idea, but time is running short. If the pilots/barracks scramble, then it'd be too late. Something Hell (and the others) sense at the moment.
SanguineAngel wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:44 pm
My intention is to alert the turrets to expect some personal oversight - hopefully allowing you to gain entry painlessly.

@swrider, you still wanting to commandeer a fighter/walker? Apparently ground forces take their orders from the command barracks but if you're just gunna steal one and wreck havoc we probably don't need to do anything there.
Most likely the case. Saying such in the OOC is all that's needed. After (IF) departing the tower, getting somewhere won't be am issue. GM-wise, I can jump directly to tower entry, ensuing combat/conflict, and Round One of Mass Combat.

Did y'all mention sending troop #'s and info to the fleet? I think you did, but maybe not officially.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:35 am

Since we have moved past it, I don’t want to bog down the Ic with what Thino would have said to ronin, but what are your guys suggestions since ronins actions could effect our success.

Currently on Dubai time

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:40 am

Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:35 am
Since we have moved past it, I don’t want to bog down the Ic with what Thino would have said to ronin, but what are your guys suggestions since ronins actions could effect our success.
Good idea. Especially whether to flee, join the pirate fleet for combat, proceed to fuel depot, attack, etc...

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:53 am

I think that for the communique we should have them hold a flight pattern so that they can be ready to pick us up if we need a quick escape or to attack if the moment is right.

Currently on Dubai time

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:24 am

Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:53 am
I think that for the communique we should have them hold a flight pattern so that they can be ready to pick us up if we need a quick escape or to attack if the moment is right.
Agreed. That sounds about right. Sounds like Hell's headed for a walker and Oona for a turret? I somehow thought the tower we were in was a turret, but I realize now it isn't. Would it make sense for Vesper to head to the turret with Oona? Is there something to do there for two of us? Or should she head to the medical tent to get evidence of the gas attacks? If the last option, we need to put in some sort of cover story for her, too.

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:34 am

My hope is that we'll be able to get inside the turrets with ease now they're expecting us but once in, we'll need to disable or commandeer both turrets. I still have a few grenades and Vesper is pretty handy with a spanner for a doctor so I figure we can work something out between the two of us. Maybe take out one and man the other ourselves? The trouble will be dealing with the troops already manning the guns but have the element of surprise!

I also intend to stick the jamming device somewhere in the comms tower when we leave. (@Deepspacer I am presuming that there's no practical way for me to plant it in this room while I'm striding around center of attention.) But an access hatch in the lift, maybe? With comms traffic ordered on the QT, I hope they won't even noticed they're being jammed for a bit of time anyway.

Hah, you will find this out but my plans often rely on hope!

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:55 am

SanguineAngel wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:34 am
My hope is that we'll be able to get inside the turrets with ease now they're expecting us but once in, we'll need to disable or commandeer both turrets. I still have a few grenades and Vesper is pretty handy with a spanner for a doctor so I figure we can work something out between the two of us. Maybe take out one and man the other ourselves? The trouble will be dealing with the troops already manning the guns but have the element of surprise!

I also intend to stick the jamming device somewhere in the comms tower when we leave. (@Deepspacer I am presuming that there's no practical way for me to plant it in this room while I'm striding around center of attention.) But an access hatch in the lift, maybe? With comms traffic ordered on the QT, I hope they won't even noticed they're being jammed for a bit of time anyway.

Hah, you will find this out but my plans often rely on hope!
when we leave we can use mechanics checks to pry back some of the panels in the elevator while doing a computer check to cut the cam feed and then place it there.

I am having a little confusion though, i thought oona was taking control here and sending thino to the new tower?

Currently on Dubai time

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:46 pm

I thought as much too but if I'm honest, I think short of a totally disaster only a rousing/intimidating speech by oona could resolve - there's not much left for her to do here. We've closed down the comms chatter, dispatched half the troops on a fool's errand and gained ourselves access to the turrets.

I definitely think at least 2 people will be needed at the turrets. Hell's off to requisition a walker. So actually, if thino wants to go with Vesper I am happy for Oona to stay - but I don't anticipate needing to do too much. I may be slightly worried about extricating myself when they finally realise it's all a sham.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:34 pm

ok here is a plan, I have hacking tools, and vesper can assist me. What if instead of us using the jamming device here to gum up the station, I just hack it at my personal console to make everything stop working 5 minutes after we leave. I could set up the program and then put one of the comm officers in charge while I go to see to something important and then while we are out not only is the communication cut off but they are completely put out of sorts trying to fix it?

@DeepSpacer acer, just out of curiosity what would the difficulty on such a hack job be?

Currently on Dubai time

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:14 pm

I like the slicing idea. Maybe we do that little job and then split to the turrets. Oona and Thino can handle those while Vesper waits closer to the medical tent for the firestorm to start. Once it does, she "requisitions" a repulsor-gurney with whatever medial supplies she can fit on it. Or is there some reason for her to go into the turrets?

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:44 am

SavageBob wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:24 am
Is there something to do there for two of us? Or should she head to the medical tent to get evidence of the gas attacks? If the last option, we need to put in some sort of cover story for her, too.
It was not a ‘medical tent’, just canisters of chemical agents covered by a tarp/tent.
On a smaller landing pad, to the side, is a modified TIE Bomber. Beside it are some drums under a tarp with hazardous chemical labels.
SanguineAngel wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:34 am
I also intend to stick the jamming device somewhere in the comms tower when we leave. (Deepspacer I am presuming that there's no practical way for me to plant it in this room while I'm striding around center of attention.) But an access hatch in the lift, maybe? With comms traffic ordered on the QT, I hope they won't even noticed they're being jammed for a bit of time anyway.
As stated before, Jamming is just setting a difficulty for communications. Nothing is 100%. Maybe an average Mechanics check can find & remove a small wall panel in the outer hall (by the elevator) to place it in. It’d be tough to place the jammer inside the room unnoticed. Really impractical given the time and situation.

@SavageBob Vesper can make an AVG Kn: Warfare check to see what she knows of the crew or layout of such a turret.

@Boutrose Saba-Norr Slicing would be (in my opinion) an obvious and easily-noticeable act which the people in the control room would see. (i.e. mini-computer, hooking up cables, wires, bypassing, etc...). Not our modern-day, hack it all by key-stoke idea of slicing. (FYI, Slicing Gear is Encumbrance 2)
SavageBob wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:14 pm
I like the slicing idea. Maybe we do that little job and then split to the turrets. Oona and Thino can handle those while Vesper waits closer to the medical tent for the firestorm to start. Once it does, she "requisitions" a repulsor-gurney with whatever medial supplies she can fit on it. Or is there some reason for her to go into the turrets?
I could not find where I ever mentioned medical tent (doing a search), but maybe I left that impression. Inside the barrack is probably the only place there'd be a medical center of any kind. Maybe I mentioned one beside the barracks, but I couldn't find the post if I did.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:08 am

DeepSpacer wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:44 am
I could not find where I ever mentioned medical tent (doing a search), but maybe I left that impression. Inside the barrack is probably the only place there'd be a medical center of any kind. Maybe I mentioned one beside the barracks, but I couldn't find the post if I did.
I probably misread something. Vesper's Duty is resource acquisitions, and I'm feeling a bit like a third wheel and trying to figure out how to help out. Securing the evidence of the atrocities is one way to do that, but for some reason I got the impression they were hiding this in a medical area, and she'd be interested in securing those supplies. No worries. I just need to be more creative as a player.

No luck for the turrets:

Vesper Reshari; Uprising; Knowledge (Warfare):
0 Success, 0 Advantage

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:52 am

SavageBob wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:08 am
I probably misread something. Vesper's Duty is resource acquisitions, and I'm feeling a bit like a third wheel and trying to figure out how to help out. Securing the evidence of the atrocities is one way to do that, but for some reason I got the impression they were hiding this in a medical area, and she'd be interested in securing those supplies. No worries. I just need to be more creative as a player.
No problem. Always trying to let players make rolls in areas they've invested in. Depending on how things play out, there may be more Duty opportunities to come. If victory is convincing on the Mass Combat side, you could salvage the whole base and load up the Red Dawn with supplies.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:19 pm

Okay, Need an AVG Mechanics check (Thino?) to successfully remove a wall panel outside the communication center to place the Jammer in. I'll say a successful check replaces the panel without any sign of having been removed. A failed check can still get a panel removed (which is fairly simple), but may leave a trace of tampering or take an inordinate about of time. +1 Boost for assistance.

Does Vesper want to gather evidence now at the TIE Bomber & chemical stockpile? Or, proceed first to the turrets? She may be on foot since I'd think the vehicle will take the crew to the turrets (which are significantly far).
Spoiler:
On a smaller landing pad, to the side, is a modified TIE Bomber. Beside it are some drums under a tarp with hazardous chemical labels.
At this point, it will probably break down into smaller endeavors. Hell with the AT-ST and a group to the turrets. Maybe Vesper taking a detour and catching up later. I can pick things up at the turret / AT-ST, respectively.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:51 pm

Vesper can go to the turret provided we're relatively sure the stockpile will not be targeted during the fuel raid. I'm still a bit hazy on what's supposed to happen. :/

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:02 pm

SavageBob wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:51 pm
Vesper can go to the turret provided we're relatively sure the stockpile will not be targeted during the fuel raid. I'm still a bit hazy on what's supposed to happen. :/
Well, it's a bit "sandbox". There's going to be a raid/attack by a pirate fleet and (being Rebels) we'll want to help that be successful in the best possible way.

I will be rolling a Mass Combat check every few player rounds (PBP rounds). Things WE do can modify that check ((i.e. add boost or setback dice to the appropriate side). Taking out leadership, turrets, communications, starships, vehicles, etc...

Now, tertiary activities also have long term benefits, such as gathering incriminating evidence. Things like the chemical stockpile and fuel tankers might get hit if there's a few Threats on those mass combat checks. Or, the Empire could "win" the battle, denying us access to anything. You are relatively sure the stockpile will not be hit if things go as planned.

As characters, this is a chance to deny the Empire a precious refueling site within the Anoat Sector. I intend to let the dice have the say in who wins or loses.

Still, you COULD stop by the bomber and stockpile on the way to the turret in the vehicle and holovid it or gather evidence. That would risk looking suspicious, though. It has great long-term value in swaying Ione to the Rebellion. Yet, it is a risk. It may even be worth some IC debate between characters. Choices, choices, choices...

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:08 am

Thanks, that helps! My haziness was totally my own problem, not your as GM. I've had an eventful December, so it's been tough to follow along with our plans.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:59 am

SavageBob wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:08 am
Thanks, that helps! My haziness was totally my own problem, not your as GM. I've had an eventful December, so it's been tough to follow along with our plans.
No problem! I understand. Being in a few games and sometimes running others, I often have the same question amidst all of the holiday activity.

The mid-Atlantic region of the east coast (USA) is going to get hit with a snow storm tomorrow. Up to 8 inches here. I hope the power stays on! It just takes one downed tree in the neighborhood. Probably won't have work on Monday, either.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:29 am

ok things are progressing rapidly all of a sudden Lol, will make that mechanics check.

Thino Krist; Uprising; average mechanics check with setback:
2 Successes, 0 Advantage

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Thino removes the panel and places the jammer inside. Is it also possible for him to hack the whole towers system from inside the elevator in order to scamble thier computers and make overcoming the jamming device harder. if not I will make the post in character and say that I am headed to the turret.

Currently on Dubai time

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:25 pm

Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:29 am
ok things are progressing rapidly all of a sudden Lol, will make that mechanics check.
Yep! As I said before, I'd rather go a bit too fast rather than a bit too slow in PBP. I saw there was no IC post since the 1st (and it was the 8th yesterday), so it was about time to move along. Being preemptive against losing people, although you all have been GREAT players! :D :D :D

If there's ever a time to slow it down or go back a bit, please, bring it up and we'll work it in.
Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:29 am
Thino removes the panel and places the jammer inside. Is it also possible for him to hack the whole towers system from inside the elevator in order to scamble thier computers and make overcoming the jamming device harder. if not I will make the post in character and say that I am headed to the turret.
Being this is a communication tower, I'll say there is a cable (cables) running either to the top of the tower or on the ground to a distant satellite dish on a hilltop. It can be sliced, but not "from inside the elevator". Either way, Thino knows it'd take significant time to gain access....time you may not want to spend (locating the right cable, accessing it, then actual slicing, all while hoping no one walks by).

I would think that disabling a Laser Cannon Turret (or two) would better fit Thino's cause than making their computer's check a bit harder, but we can do either.

Return to “Discussion”