OOC: City of Corin and Beyond

Discussions out-of-character (OOC) and Q&A about the game.
Forum rules
ImageUse LSUse DS * Update
DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Re: OOC: City of Corin and Beyond

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:47 am

Boutrose Saba-Norr wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:31 am
so guys, I am going to try somthing out, a charm check to convince the people in the tower that as a covert agent under Admiral Cardot he has seniority as he holds the rank of Lt. Comander (which he happens to have a Lt. Comander code cylinder from pittz) and that he is taking charge of this command tower in order to ensure that the commander and the admirals mission go off without a hitch.

@DeepSpacer I know it is 2 difficulty but can thino get any boosts for the situation, given the fact that thier comander believed him and he has the code cylinder.
They would seem hesitant, but yes, a Boost applies, for sure, from the cylinder. However, the Deception is already in effect. What you are talking about is a Leadership check. 'Niceties' won't be effective. Coincidentally, you have THREE RANKS in that! :shock:

As i said before, the Comm Center isn't a military-style one with valuable tactical stuff, which is why they weren't hesitant to leave it like they did. But it does have sufficient deep-space communication equipment.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:11 am

DeepSpacer wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:47 am
Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:31 am
so guys, I am going to try somthing out, a charm check to convince the people in the tower that as a covert agent under Admiral Cardot he has seniority as he holds the rank of Lt. Comander (which he happens to have a Lt. Comander code cylinder from pittz) and that he is taking charge of this command tower in order to ensure that the commander and the admirals mission go off without a hitch.

@DeepSpacer I know it is 2 difficulty but can thino get any boosts for the situation, given the fact that thier comander believed him and he has the code cylinder.
They would seem hesitant, but yes, a Boost applies, for sure, from the cylinder. However, the Deception is already in effect. What you are talking about is a Leadership check. 'Niceties' won't be effective. Coincidentally, you have THREE RANKS in that! :shock:

As i said before, the Comm Center isn't a military-style one with valuable tactical stuff, which is why they weren't hesitant to leave it like they did. But it does have sufficient deep-space communication equipment.
is that as a combined check? I don't recall purchasing leadership. ok guys, so the plan i think is still going well. we will take comand of this staton, no need to kill anyone in the tower, and then we will let them direct peole for us. If it works the way I think it will work then we wouldnt even have to make more deception checks because the comms personel would be relaying our orders and they wouldn't be lying becasue they believe we are who we say we are. @deepspacer might need to confirm that presumption though.

Once we take control, I think we should start having the comms personel relay our orders to the rest of the base, but I can also have thino take control of one terminal in order to give a secret message, and he wont try to be covert about it, he will litterally just say he has a secret message he needs to send and requires a terminal, they already think he is a spy so there shouldn't be any resistance from them. there he will contact our npc's still on the ship and have them swing by and pick up our men and the prisoners before the admiral can get to them, and then maybe they could come and help us our here.

@sanguineangel once thino takes comand he is going to establish you as his second so that you can be the one giving the comms officers directions just in case we need to make some rolls.
Active: Thino Krist Vo Cari Thew'Ruk Turugh’aie’azanon
Inactive: Goran Hownar Edessa

Currently on Dubai time

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:02 pm

Love it. Just a thought: Thino may want Oona to pretend to be his superior officer. They may balk at taking orders from a non-Human.

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:30 pm

Yeah, I think DS is thinking of Oona when he says 3 Leadership. She's well suited to the task but is she wearing the right cylinders?

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:57 pm

One of us has the cylinders from the guys we captured in the field. At a distance, they may be enough to sell the Leadership check.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:11 pm

SanguineAngel wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:30 pm
Yeah, I think DS is thinking of Oona when he says 3 Leadership. She's well suited to the task but is she wearing the right cylinders?
That'd be correct. I mixed up my PC's for a second last night. Sorry. Still, it IS a group. Oona could seize the opportunity given the credibility the deception gave to her in the presence of the commanding officers. I believe that cylinder-credibility in the Imperial Dress Code was by the number worn, not different types, but I could be wrong. It was also understood that you (Thino at least, and likely the rest) were undercover, maybe accounting for your informal attire.
Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:11 am
is that as a combined check?
Could be a combined check, although I think Oona (Sanguine) would deserve the satisfaction of rolling his character's YYY since he put so much XP into it. A Triumph or two could swing things considerably.
Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:11 am
Once we take control, I think we should start having the comms personel relay our orders to the rest of the base, but I can also have thino take control of one terminal in order to give a secret message, and he wont try to be covert about it, he will litterally just say he has a secret message he needs to send and requires a terminal, they already think he is a spy so there shouldn't be any resistance from them. there he will contact our npc's still on the ship and have them swing by and pick up our men and the prisoners before the admiral can get to them, and then maybe they could come and help us our here.
Excellent!!! No further rolls needed past the initial Leadership check. However, the results will determine how far we are allowed to go. Needless to say, a net success allows us to send the secret message to the fleet and to the Red Dawn.

Final Leadership Check:
YYY + 2 Boosts vs CD + Setback

**I Upgraded with a DP since there's a certain amount of "unknown" about how things work here. One Boost for having further credibility with cylinders and another for cooperative teamwork assisting (mainly from Thino as the informant). A Setback since they're not so sure they should be obeying orders from you all since the commander didn't say you were in charge.

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:31 pm

Beautiful! I will relish that roll when I get home soon

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:30 pm

A good roll! I've done a little lead in but why don't you take it away, @Boutrose Saba-Norr? It was your idea, you should take the command.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:35 pm

SanguineAngel wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:30 pm
A good roll! I've done a little lead in but why don't you take it away, @Boutrose Saba-Norr? It was your idea, you should take the command.
Yes, a good roll!
With sending the messages, I am fine with hand-waving those as done within a few moments.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:04 pm

So now that we have established a fake chain of command... you may want to order Hell and an NPC to go take over the walker, and the others to move to the torrents.

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:46 pm

Outstanding. I am enthused about how this is currently coming together!

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:52 am

swrider wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:04 pm
So now that we have established a fake chain of command... you may want to order Hell and an NPC to go take over the walker, and the others to move to the torrents.
that's actually exactly what I was thinking lol. Who do we have here with us right now, I know there is thino, oona, and hell. who else is present?

Currently on Dubai time

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:25 pm

Vesper's here. I think that's it.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:01 pm

Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:52 am
swrider wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:04 pm
that's actually exactly what I was thinking lol. Who do we have here with us right now, I know there is thino, oona, and hell. who else is present?
SavageBob wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:25 pm
Vesper's here. I think that's it.
Yes, the core group. That's It. Cpt. Kettel and others are waiting in the vehicle. Not only for tactical purposes, but to allow the PC's to create their own destiny.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:23 pm

SavageBob wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:29 pm
Before Thino can get up from the station, Vesper says, "Don't forget the medical supplies our team was supposed to pick up. Have you been able to locate them?" She leans in closer and says in a near whisper, "We need to find that nerve agent."
Not sure if a Computers check is warranted. Might be combined if they both work at it.
I am always up for rolling dice!
Skilled assistance from Vesper is a YGGG Computers Check. The system is open. EASY (1 Diff) check + Setback Die for unfamiliar system. A Failure likely means extended time, which may cut into your plans for other things.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:07 pm

Vesper + Thino; Uprising; Computers:
3 Successes, 1 Advantage

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Figured I'd go ahead and roll it! We can use the Successes of Advantages to shorten the time as much as possible. If there's anything left over, maybe we see that the nerve agent is in a convenient location—maybe near some easily swiped medical supplies? Or by another of our targets, like the walker?

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:32 pm

Okay, little technical or troop information is contained within the computers. You do have what you have seen around the base. Along the list of suggested options is to send troop information to the pirate fleet to give them an advantage and to disable radar capacity so the attack comes as a surprise. The latter may be quite a bit more difficult, though.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:21 pm

Agreed; we should try to do one of those two things. How can we deactivate the radar without arousing suspicion? Make up some lie about needing to reroute power to the perimeter security fences since we know the incoming attack will be via ground forces?

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:02 pm

ok, well, we just got a tactical layout of the whole base and honestly, this is going way better than I hoped it would.

I am going to wait until our characters can talk about things ic but what you guys think should we ask for details on the walkers and the gunnery stations as a prelude to sneaking men in there?

we can also definitely send the tie locations and troop commander positions in the barracks, I'm with bob about shutting down the radar.

Currently on Dubai time

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:25 pm

I would be careful about requesting too much information. Walkers would be ground resources and under the command of the barracks. The gunnery stations could be either.

We are also on a bit of a clock. While the troops outside that command center are subordinate, there is nothing tot say the commander inside is. He may knock some sense into our confused commander and send him back.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:52 pm

swrider wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:25 pm
We are also on a bit of a clock. While the troops outside that command center are subordinate, there is nothing tot say the commander inside is. He may knock some sense into our confused commander and send him back.
You'd be correct concerning being on a clock, particularly for Hell's plan to commandeer a vehicle or starship. In a given amount of time, the vehicles and starships will become occupied and depart (though, none are manned at the moment). The landing field is a considerable distance from the barracks and requires a vehicle to reach swiftly. Two flat-bed, open hover vehicles (more like trolleys) are beside the barracks to carry out such a task. A bench in the middle of the flatbed allows six pilots to be seated to a side.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:20 pm

Let's send troop information to our allies and be on with the plan, then. Taking down the radar might be too risky.

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:10 pm

@Boutrose Saba-Norr would you like to get Thino dishing out some orders? Otherwise, Oona would probably try to take some control herself - just don't want to step on your toes. But I think it'd be sensible to send people to secure key positions.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:48 am

It might be in our interests to tell them to belay the order about scrambling the TIEs. Make up some cockamamie about the incoming transport being more undercover Imperial allies or something. Then we split while the splitting's good.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:48 pm

Hey guys, sorry about not checking in more, between different time zones and work it is hard to keep up sometimes.

@SanguineAngel @swrider @SavageBob I will have Thino say to cancel the scrambling of the ties saying that it would be tactically unwise to give a sign that they were ready for an attack which could alert the rebels of the commanders ambush. after that, since he gathered you all to him, he will ask for your suggestions and then you can implement any plans you want to do, and sanguine can have Oona give further commands in case I become busy again.

Currently on Dubai time

Return to “Discussion”