OOC: City of Corin and Beyond

Discussions out-of-character (OOC) and Q&A about the game.
Forum rules
ImageUse LSUse DS * Update
DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Re: OOC: City of Corin and Beyond

Post by DeepSpacer » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:17 pm

@swrider The scaffolding is tight quarters. Engaged range for everyone.
(+2 Diff for R-Heavy, +1 Diff for R-Light). To simplify things, Joons's actions (shooting) will be an "Assist" to Helios, giving him +1 Boost on all his actions this encounter. Opponents are two minions.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:53 pm

Can I use the advantage to regain 1 strain?

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:20 am

swrider wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:53 pm
Can I use the advantage to regain 1 strain?
Sure thing. I think you may have rolled an extra Yellow (and extra Purple?), but no matter. Even dropping the last Yellow, the two npc's go down. They were minions. I thought two rivals would have been too much. But, who knows? If they hit on the first shot, things would be different.

A well-earned (minor) victory.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:50 am

My bad. I really entered my roll badly. It I used a range heavy weapon so it should have been 4 purples. I flipped a DP and did not specify that so that accounts for the three yellows. Thanks for the understanding.

@DeepSpacer what is the dispensation of the troops on the ground. You said that one of the walkers has already moved away. Are pilots heading towards the Tie's as well?
You had mentioned that personnel were running to their posts. is it possible to get a general idea of where they are running to. I realize a detailed description, numbers etc would require some sort of check.I need the mental image to know what hell would do.

The moving walker is a direct threat, but it is not as big of a threat as the Ties. So if the ties are stationary targets at the moment he would focus on taking them out or taking out the personnel heading towards the ties if they are in a group. Perhaps Hell using the BC to take out ties while Joons uses the grenades to take out personnel.

Also, with the group split it is hard to know where we should be at in the timeline. For example does hell arrive at the walker just as the other group arrives at the turret? is he ahead of them. How far out are the rebel ships? I ask because these things will affect his actions and I also don't want to step on other players toes by rushing ahead.

Thanks.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:17 am

@DeepSpacer one more question. If the ties are stationary Can Hell get a boost for shooting at them? I though about using gain the advantage or stay on target, but neither are an option with the walker because it is too slow.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:49 am

DeepSpacer wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:25 pm
Boutrose Saba-Norr wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:29 am
ok things are progressing rapidly all of a sudden Lol, will make that mechanics check.
Yep! As I said before, I'd rather go a bit too fast rather than a bit too slow in PBP. I saw there was no IC post since the 1st (and it was the 8th yesterday), so it was about time to move along. Being preemptive against losing people, although you all have been GREAT players! :D :D :D

If there's ever a time to slow it down or go back a bit, please, bring it up and we'll work it in.
Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:29 am
Thino removes the panel and places the jammer inside. Is it also possible for him to hack the whole towers system from inside the elevator in order to scamble thier computers and make overcoming the jamming device harder. if not I will make the post in character and say that I am headed to the turret.
Being this is a communication tower, I'll say there is a cable (cables) running either to the top of the tower or on the ground to a distant satellite dish on a hilltop. It can be sliced, but not "from inside the elevator". Either way, Thino knows it'd take significant time to gain access....time you may not want to spend (locating the right cable, accessing it, then actual slicing, all while hoping no one walks by).

I would think that disabling a Laser Cannon Turret (or two) would better fit Thino's cause than making their computer's check a bit harder, but we can do either.
I agree, if the thino would know that slicing the tower would be too difficult then he would continue to the turret
Active: Thino Krist Vo Cari Thew'Ruk Turugh’aie’azanon
Inactive: Goran Hownar Edessa

Currently on Dubai time

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:18 am

Yes, @swrider don't want to rush ahead too much, but you and I had some time and Hell was doing his thing. It was good to get it resolved and at a point where we can pick it up again. Over a foot of snow here in Virginia, so I spent all day inside. They only predicted 3-5" or 5-8" in the predictions I saw. Looks like I'll have tomorrow and maybe Tuesday all to myself.

In keeping with the Timeline, it's probably about this time that Hell will see the Trast A-A5 Heavy Speeder Truck pull away from the Comm Tower and head towards a turret. About the time Hell & Joons orient themselves and get a move on, the action at the 1st Turret will take place, allowing me to synchronize the two in the IC.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:45 am

Pilot Transport Vehicles (4): Speed 2; Sil 2; HT 4; SS 5; Armor 0; Pilot w/ 6 passengers.
(An open-air speeder 1m off the ground. No weapons. Four total.)

Flightless TIE Fighters: Sil 3; Armor 2; HT 6; SS 8; (+1 Boost to Hit)
Spoiler:
AT-ST (1a).JPG
AT-ST (1a).JPG (49.78 KiB) Viewed 4639 times
AT-ST (1b).JPG
AT-ST (1b).JPG (50.74 KiB) Viewed 4639 times
All weapons are planetary range (Close = Extreme Personal Range) and damage, except for the Grenade Launcher whose damage (only damage) is Personal Scale.

Once the pilots begin to head to their ships, the vehicles may put some distance between you and them. As of now, all ranges are Close. Spd 2 to medium. 2 more to go to Long. The farthest end of the TIE's is about that distance.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:59 am

The question about the Serrator seems aimed at Oona ( @SanguineAngel )? They addressed the "commander," and I think she's the only one who has assumed that role in the scene.

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:58 pm

Hey guys, sorry yes - It's a bit manic here at present but I will try to get a response up later. I have seen a lot of activity but only been able to skim it this weekend.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:31 pm

SavageBob wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:59 am
The question about the Serrator seems aimed at Oona ( SanguineAngel )? They addressed the "commander," and I think she's the only one who has assumed that role in the scene.
Oona told everyone to listen to Thino, so either one would apply. There's not a devious purpose in mind, just an unknown factor coming into play and seeing how the PC's react and RP it out. ;)
SanguineAngel wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:58 pm
Hey guys, sorry yes - It's a bit manic here at present but I will try to get a response up later. I have seen a lot of activity but only been able to skim it this weekend.
No Problem!!! :D I am snowed in today like yesterday and will probably be more active (posting more) than usual in the short-term. Aside from the recent dialogue, we'll probably pick up later this week on entering the first gun tower. I can at least write up the dialogue and scene ahead of time.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:15 am

Ok so since I already di the roll for thino to jam the place and our luck is wearing thin, we should all put one of these com guys in charge and then head out I think. say we are heading towards the turret. unless of course, Oona wants to stay behind in the comm station.

Personally, I would like to take vesper with thino so that she could assist him on slicing checks since they will likely need to slice their way into the turret and then gun everyone down from the inside. If Oona comes with us she could social them but I don't mind just taking them out.

Currently on Dubai time

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:39 am

hello, I have posted to that exact effect :) so I think we're good to bounce. I'll head to the turrets also. I think short of killing everyone in the comms tower or blowing up all the equipment, there's not much more we could do to hamper communications. Both of those things run the risk of discovery. We've instructed to maintain radio silence, which should delay any attempts at all. We've put in a jammer which requires a check to bypass so that when they do twig and try communicating they've less chance of success and would require at least a round to resolve.

Next stop is the turrets. I reckon we try to take out the crew in both, disable one (I have remaining grenades) and control the other?

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:09 am

SanguineAngel wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:39 am
hello, I have posted to that exact effect :) so I think we're good to bounce. I'll head to the turrets also. I think short of killing everyone in the comms tower or blowing up all the equipment, there's not much more we could do to hamper communications. Both of those things run the risk of discovery. We've instructed to maintain radio silence, which should delay any attempts at all. We've put in a jammer which requires a check to bypass so that when they do twig and try communicating they've less chance of success and would require at least a round to resolve.

Next stop is the turrets. I reckon we try to take out the crew in both, disable one (I have remaining grenades) and control the other?
sounds good, i do feel better having you and vesper along so that we can handle the situation with the turret more easily. Honestly once we take the turret we can use it and the walker to take out the other one, then try and take out the other walker, and then if we are lucky take out the barracks. idk what order to do it in though lol.

Currently on Dubai time

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:22 am

Yeah, if we're expecting combat, Vesper will go along to the turrets. She's not much use in social situations, but she's good in a fight.

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:33 am

Sweet, I think we should be able to gain entry easily enough now they're expecting us. Then hopefully subdue them without raising alarm.

Yeah taking out the other turret with ours and the walker seems sensible.

I imagine we're not far from mass combat at this point!

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:20 pm

Enemies are already on the move. Hell will be firing on the top transports soon. That will not give you time to do both turrents. If he can take it two transports though that is half of the ties grounded.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:39 pm

I made a post I. With hells intent. He and jobs will fire when the pilots reach half way to their ties. It is up to timing and DS as to weather you make it to the torrent before that.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:49 pm

alright, I've made a post enacting my mechanics roll to hide the jammer, and setting us off towards the first turret. it should be noted that even our coms with hell should be jammed right now until we get far enough away from the device, so he might not have any way of letting us know he is about to start firing at something.

Also how many of the troopers do we still have with us and are we walking or taking the transport?

Currently on Dubai time

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:55 pm

Cool. Long day for me today. Hope to get something done tonight.

Also, two turrets. One on this side, one on the other side of the landing fields. I'd assume going towards the closest one first?

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:44 pm

I think closest turret first, using the transport to get there faster.

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:56 pm

Very agreed

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:53 pm

@DeepSpacer when he'll attacks fix you want me to roll for joons? If so what is his AG and gunnary skill

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:15 am

swrider wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:53 pm
@DeepSpacer when he'll attacks fix you want me to roll for joons? If so what is his AG and gunnary skill
Yes, please do so when the time comes. I believe he either operates the Grenade Launcher or the mini-side laser cannon. Joons is all 2's. A minion.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:45 am

Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:49 pm
Also how many of the troopers do we still have with us and are we walking or taking the transport?
SavageBob wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:44 pm
I think closest turret first, using the transport to get there faster.
Yes. Transport truck we used to get here. Taking it to the nearest turret.
Sorry, Joons is with Tilwyn Greer and the prisoners. Dennies is with Helios. Private Kwist and Srgt. Braxx also in the vehicle. They can come-with to the turret to enter, or not. Up to Oona, Vesper, & Thino.

Late night. Will pick up Thursday evening.

Return to “Discussion”