OOC - "Lost Point, The Forbidden Zone"

Discussions out-of-character (OOC) and Q&A about the game.
Forum rules
ImageUse LSUse DS * Update
SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Re: OOC - "The Assault on Ione"

Post by SanguineAngel » Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:01 pm

Yeah, I feel I've already committed to the bluff and it makes the most sense to pursue that line. Luckily I rolled well!

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:01 pm

I wish good cop let me use other peoples advantages to downgrade my char difficulty, it would make so much more sense if oona was able to go in and use coerce first and then I use those advantages for good cop.

this will probably be a home rule i incorporate into my future games
Active: Thino Krist Vo Cari Thew'Ruk Turugh’aie’azanon
Inactive: Goran Hownar Edessa

Currently on Dubai time

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:07 pm

SanguineAngel wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:01 pm
Yeah, I feel I've already committed to the bluff and it makes the most sense to pursue that line. Luckily I rolled well!
whoa dang, that was an amazing roll, you should see if we could turn that guy into a permanent contact with that triumph

Currently on Dubai time

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:44 pm

Boutrose Saba-Norr wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:07 pm
SanguineAngel wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:01 pm
whoa dang, that was an amazing roll, you should see if we could turn that guy into a permanent contact with that triumph
Per my RAW cheatsheet I refer to, a Triumph "Fool the target into believing the character is trustworthy – future Deceit checks against target do not require an opposed check."

If this were D&D, "alignment" comes into play (Lawful-Good, Neutral Evil, etc...). Temptation to take advantage of a poor fool. :twisted:

Advantages: "Increase the value of any goods or services gained through the action."
I think, also, if there is a useful item/weapon/tool one can think of, he might have it laying around and we could "borrow" it.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:15 pm

Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:01 pm
I wish good cop let me use other peoples advantages to downgrade my char difficulty, it would make so much more sense if oona was able to go in and use coerce first and then I use those advantages for good cop.

this will probably be a home rule i incorporate into my future games
That's basically what Bad Cop does. Not sure if Oona has that Talent or not. As I see it, Good Cop and Bad Cop are nice in that they imply the character can take a second stab at a social check when usually that wouldn't be allowed. (I understand other GMs may run it differently.) They're especially helpful if rules for "social combat" are in play, where the point of the encounter is to wear a target down to either compromise (half Strain) or capitulate (0 Strain).

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:49 pm

My week did not go as planned. On Wednesday I got a phone call from my wife that my grandfather was in the hospital. Since I was working in the area my family lives and passing through the city they live in specifically I stopped and had lunch with them. I was told my grandfather had a bladder infection. Continuing on with my work and heading to the next city on my list I got a phone call after I finished dinner. My wife informed me that the Doctors at the IC in Tucson said the family should be making their way to the hospital. I quickly got permission to put an extra ~200 miles on the work vehicle and drove to the hospital. I got there in time to hear the decision to take him off of life support. Per his and my grandmothers wishes as defined in their will. I stayed until 11:00pm when I had to leave and was informed that my grandfather passed away at 1am Thursday. I will be continuing this trip through Tuesday have work wed through Friday and fly out Saturday for a week to Baltimore. My grandfathers body is being flow back to be buried next to his family. I will not have a lot of time this week or the next and am not sure how much Interest I can muster for gaming at the moment. Please continue without me until I can get back is September. I appologize for any inconvenience and for the delay to the games.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:14 pm

So sorry for your loss, Rider. Definitely take your time to be with your family. We'll still be here when you feel ready to come back.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:03 pm

My condolences, Steven, on your and your family's loss. As if the trip you're on, and school, wasn't being stressful enough on you. If you should feel a need to talk with someone -- who isn't family or a coworker, but just a friend -- you have my number.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:12 am

SavageBob wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:15 pm
Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:01 pm
That's basically what Bad Cop does. Not sure if Oona has that Talent or not. As I see it, Good Cop and Bad Cop are nice in that they imply the character can take a second stab at a social check when usually that wouldn't be allowed. (I understand other GMs may run it differently.)
A second social check, but not necessarily the 'same' check. Using Coercion first would be the Bad Cop Talent. The upgrade from Good/Bad Cop usually increases the chances for a Triumph, where downgrade may just mean a better chance to succeed.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:18 am

So are we supposed to take the speeders to hit the fuel depot? I'm a bit hazy on what we're supposed to do next.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:33 am

SavageBob wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:18 am
So are we supposed to take the speeders to hit the fuel depot? I'm a bit hazy on what we're supposed to do next.
Sorry. Bad communication on my part.
The plan is to get to the depot, which is in the northern part of the Corinthium Sector, quite a ways away. Speeders will speed our arrival there. Once there, scout out the depot as being a viable target (negating any defensive scanning ability it may have) and send a signal for the Pirate Fleet (and the Red Dawn) to advance for the surprise strike. Flying in on the Red Dawn would be detected by any ground-to-air scanning ability they have. Advancing on ground will get under their scanners, we think.

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:53 am

Sorry guys, I've been tied up the last few days and found it tough to get back to this! I was going to ask if we should push Heran for more help - a guide in the best route and any way in...?

EDIT: Elsewise, as a line of questioning we might ask him for the most covert route, any known ground defences, any known weak points in their security. They might even have a contact of some description inside? Although that may be a stretch. I'd find it hard to believe that criminal settlement like this, operating under the nose of the empire, wouldn't have some information about the place even just for their own safety. Anyone else got any ideas?

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:45 am

Thanks for the clarification, @DeepSpacer.

All of those sound like good questions, @SanguineAngel. I thought of something else and will have Vesper get the questioning started.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:29 pm

sorry, I've not been able to get on the past couple days guys, we've been having eid celebrations.

Currently on Dubai time

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:41 pm

Eid mubarak! And welcome back!

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:21 pm

thanks bob, things have really progressed with heran i see, so we are going to be taking the bikes to go under the radar, @DeepSpacer can i do a knowledge underworld check to see if there is anything else that might be useful?

Currently on Dubai time

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:42 pm

Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:21 pm
thanks bob, things have really progressed with heran i see, so we are going to be taking the bikes to go under the radar, DeepSpacer can i do a knowledge underworld check to see if there is anything else that might be useful?
I am always for checks, and I assume that you have something in-mind (I do not). That said, there may always be "clues" lying around. ;)

Kn: Underworld (AVG) DD + Setback + Boost

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:15 am

oh I'm liking the talk about it being a conspiracy, maybe I can do a check to see if thino's heard anything about the true nature of the fallout, or if he knows anyone in the area who might know that, or a route that is known not to be patrolled as heavily?

Currently on Dubai time

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:13 pm

Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:15 am
oh I'm liking the talk about it being a conspiracy, maybe I can do a check to see if thino's heard anything about the true nature of the fallout, or if he knows anyone in the area who might know that, or a route that is known not to be patrolled as heavily?
AVG (DD) Streetwise Check +2 Setbacks (which Thino negates, I believe).

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:02 pm

DeepSpacer wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:13 pm
Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:15 am
AVG (DD) Streetwise Check +2 Setbacks (which Thino negates, I believe).
yes he does.

Currently on Dubai time

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Re: OOC - "Lost Point"

Post by SavageBob » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:18 am

Are we waiting on some sort of adjudication for Thino's roll, or are we good to move on?

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Re: OOC - "Lost Point"

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:28 am

SavageBob wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:18 am
Are we waiting on some sort of adjudication for Thino's roll, or are we good to move on?
Oops, sorry. Maybe getting caught up a bit in keeping A-Squad going. I have time tonight and tomorrow. ;)

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Re: OOC - "Lost Point, The Forbidden Zone"

Post by SanguineAngel » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:39 am

Hey guys, I know Joons and Cintilla was my idea but I was about to take the roll to recognise the insignia when I realised I have one of the lowest Intelligence. Should Thino or Vesper take the roll?

Also @DeepSpacer, by 3 max do you meean 3 assists PLUS the boost from it being mentioned on the station? Or including?

Thanks!

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:39 am

@DeepSpacer, I was planning to have Vesper insist that we get a scanner capable of detecting radiation. Do we have one on us or at the ship that we can say we have now? If not, can someone do a quick Negotiation roll to see if we were able to find one in camp?

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:13 pm

SanguineAngel wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:39 am
Hey guys, I know Joons and Cintilla was my idea but I was about to take the roll to recognise the insignia when I realised I have one of the lowest Intelligence. Should Thino or Vesper take the roll?

Also @DeepSpacer, by 3 max do you meean 3 assists PLUS the boost from it being mentioned on the station? Or including?

Thanks!
Thino would likely do it since he has talents that benefit knowledge underworld, he doesn’t have any trained right now and the talent doesn’t benefit us since there are no set backs but thematically it would make sense.

Currently on Dubai time

Return to “Discussion”