OOC - "Lost Point, The Forbidden Zone"

Discussions out-of-character (OOC) and Q&A about the game.
Forum rules
ImageUse LSUse DS * Update
Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Re: OOC - "The Assault on Ione"

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:49 am

SanguineAngel wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:40 am
Thanks! :D Thought it might be an interesting approach. Felt more AoR too.

Yeah, I think Oona quite respects, and perhaps is a bit jealous, of Thino's way with people. It makes sense to me that they'd fall into a pattern of working like this. Especially as I'm trying to play her as a little tighter wound, socially speaking.
it is very funny to me too, because thino is very much the pessimist and doesn't necessarily believe that the rebellion will accomplish anything better than the empire, especially having encountered rebels like vesper (sorry bob) who believe that the rebellion should just reinstate the old republic which he also takes issue with, but because I've given him charm and he has good cop, this pessimism comes out in a very interesting way, kind of like almost, "everything is fucked so why bother being mad, just do the best you can, and get in a snide remark from time to time," and i really like the way that character has developed.
Active: Thino Krist Vo Cari Thew'Ruk Turugh’aie’azanon
Inactive: Goran Hownar Edessa

Currently on Dubai time

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:10 pm

Boutrose Saba-Norr wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:49 am
it is very funny to me too, because thino is very much the pessimist and doesn't necessarily believe that the rebellion will accomplish anything better than the empire, especially having encountered rebels like vesper (sorry bob) who believe that the rebellion should just reinstate the old republic which he also takes issue with [...]
To be honest, I don't think Vesper's all that politically conscious. She's evaded Thino's attempts to talk politics before, mostly because she doesn't think that deeply about political philosophy. Her mentioning restoring the Republic is mostly just her parroting Alliance propaganda. Her attachment to the Rebellion is much more personal, to stop the Empire from harming people, especially non-humans. The politicians can sort out the rest. :) (That said, hanging out with Thino might help open her eyes to more nuanced views.)

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:15 pm

SavageBob wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:10 pm
Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:49 am
it is very funny to me too, because thino is very much the pessimist and doesn't necessarily believe that the rebellion will accomplish anything better than the empire, especially having encountered rebels like vesper (sorry bob) who believe that the rebellion should just reinstate the old republic which he also takes issue with [...]
To be honest, I don't think Vesper's all that politically conscious. She's evaded Thino's attempts to talk politics before, mostly because she doesn't think that deeply about political philosophy. Her mentioning restoring the Republic is mostly just her parroting Alliance propaganda. Her attachment to the Rebellion is much more personal, to stop the Empire from harming people, especially non-humans. The politicians can sort out the rest. :) (That said, hanging out with Thino might help open her eyes to more nuanced views.)
I really like that, we hadn't had a chance to talk about vesper's views before so I assumed they were what shat she was saying, something that thino would still be thinking based on what he knows. He already respects vesper a lot for her knowledge as a healer, even if he considers he political views to be counterproductive. if they could talk more about this it will be very interesting, might even help him become hopeful again.

Currently on Dubai time

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:42 pm

SanguineAngel wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:14 am
She pulls Braxx out of earshot and whispers low, "I've just spotted a crate stamped with the Czerka logo. Someone is moving arms through here and I'd like to know who. Sounds like the sort of thing Tye or a friend of his would be into. Could you get Joons and Cintilla to wonder by casually - see if they can spot who it belongs to? " I'll keep an eye from a distance - see if anything stirs.
[OOC: Not sure how you'd like to handle this, DS. But thought I might utilise some of the many bods we have to do a bit of snooping.]
They can do their best!

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:44 pm

swrider wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:08 pm
Hell provides quick directions to the cantina waiting only briefly before heading on to the Cantina. He resists his normal urge to run around making siren noises, but does seem to have a bit of a skip in his step. Obviously enjoying the ambiance.
Always in a good mood when a cantina is in-sight!

And, ..... ('eran) didn't exactly SPELL his name out for you. He speaks sort of a thick accented Basic.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:18 pm

I take time to consider Thino's views, as well as the other character's backgrounds. I hope to give them opportunities to put those backgrounds to the test. Each within the context of the uprising.

Everybody has SOME kind of gov't, an no one's found the perfect one yet in the SW universe. Reminds me of the old Churchill quote, "Indeed it has been said that democracy is the worst form of Government except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time.…"

I think it "could" be that Thino sees things to make him think that the Empire IS far worse than the Republic, but it's not to that point (yet).

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:48 am

Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:24 am
I don't know if ds has told us the chef's cool or not, but i'll wait for verification then roll.
Gran have a natural 3 Presence. This one has 1 Rank of Cool, making the pool CDD.
+1 Boost for being paying customers.
+1 Boost if you play to his (their) familial nature.

I assume you are talking Charm.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:24 pm

DeepSpacer wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:18 pm
I take time to consider Thino's views, as well as the other character's backgrounds. I hope to give them opportunities to put those backgrounds to the test. Each within the context of the uprising.

Everybody has SOME kind of gov't, an no one's found the perfect one yet in the SW universe. Reminds me of the old Churchill quote, "Indeed it has been said that democracy is the worst form of Government except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time.…"

I think it "could" be that Thino sees things to make him think that the Empire IS far worse than the Republic, but it's not to that point (yet).
I wouldn't say that Thino is incapable of recognizing that the empire is worse than the republic, he just feels like the empire is the ultimate result of the laziness and corruption of the Republic that had been going on for a long time.

He is fine with creating a new democracy but the idea of "resurrecting the republic" is not one he holds with considering that the two are the same thing and there isn't really anything to resurrect considering that the republic never died, it just became the empire.

DeepSpacer wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:48 am
Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:24 am
I don't know if ds has told us the chef's cool or not, but i'll wait for verification then roll.
Gran have a natural 3 Presence. This one has 1 Rank of Cool, making the pool CDD.
+1 Boost for being paying customers.
+1 Boost if you play to his (their) familial nature.

I assume you are talking Charm.
alright i'll try to make the post and the roll soon.

Currently on Dubai time

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:07 pm

so i made the roll was a success with two advantages, @SanguineAngel if you want to make another social roll after this then i can use those advantages to downgrade your check, otherwise i'm open to however the group wants to use them.

Currently on Dubai time

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:08 am

The 2 advantages actually came from the boost die for knowing about the Gran emphasis on family, so it might make sense for the guy to say something like, "We're closing up, so have a bit more food for your family" or some such. It might also be useful for him to give us a tip on how to deal with Heran -- perhaps that's more practical.

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:20 am

I'd agree. I don't think there's any obvious next social check with these guys to use them on in this instance.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:06 pm

if we are going to use one of the advantages for food (which we probably need given the number of borders we have on the ship) then I would like to use the other advantage for something purely thematic.

Since I used thino's Mandalorian family to appeal to the gran's family values I'd like to establish that thino carries around tokens with him that can show someone to be a "friend of the family" which they could show to other Mandalorians who didn't belong to openly hostile clans in order to gain assistance or temporary protection.

and then I want to give one of those tokens to the gran.

Currently on Dubai time

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:47 pm

Everyone, my personal and professional lives have combined to create the week from Hell. I will be traveling throughout the state all week and expect to put in around 55 hours of work. In addition to this my final papers for all three of my masters courses are due this week along with a variety of standard homework. These two factors are combining to equal little to no free time. Additionally, I do not anticipate having much brain power left on any given day to do much besides stare at a television and wonder if it is worth turning it on or not. As such I do not expect to have any free time this week to post in any of my games. I apologize for the inconvenience and short notice, but only noticed the workload this weekend. My work trip was anticipated to be much lighter, but I am covering down for a coworker out on bereavement leave. It is also not customary to have the final report due in week seven as it is usually due in week eight. Please feel free to role play in the games I run. If a player would like to step in to GM minor encounters please feel free to do so. In uprising, please feel free to use Hell as an NPC.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:52 pm

Hell mostly went to the Cantina to keep his cover up should he need to approach the speeder group again. He is not going to deliberately ask a lot of questions, but he would listen to conversation and respond to the barkeep if he wished to talk about why he is purchasing a drink in advance. I am just posting this so you knew my intent, but since I am gone this week please feel free to play it out however. A player may take over Hell or DS can use him as an NPC.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:40 am

swrider wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:52 pm
Hell mostly went to the Cantina to keep his cover up should he need to approach the speeder group again. He is not going to deliberately ask a lot of questions, but he would listen to conversation and respond to the barkeep if he wished to talk about why he is purchasing a drink in advance. I am just posting this so you knew my intent, but since I am gone this week please feel free to play it out however. A player may take over Hell or DS can use him as an NPC.
I think (with your absence in mind) that Helios 'fits in' and maybe gets some tidbit of information. I can add it in retro. I appreciate his spirit in doing his own thing.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:17 am

Has Helios joined Heran yet? Or is he still off by himself? I'd guess we'd gravitate to where he is first either way.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:34 am

SavageBob wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:17 am
Has Helios joined Heran yet? Or is he still off by himself? I'd guess we'd gravitate to where he is first either way.
No. No sign of Helios. He's already met " 'eran" and moved onto the Cantina, which is not within sight of where you've walked. Last you saw, he went to check out a speeder bike in this general direction. You see what Helios saw....a speeder bike jutting out from behind the shelter....but no sign of Helios.

The group took a few moments to eat their food. Helios said he'd catch up, I believe. One could comlink him to come, or to at least report in. Up to you all.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:01 pm

SavageBob wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:41 pm
After a pause, Vesper replies, "Fair enough. Not it."
HA!!! Fair enough way to determine who gets to do the talking. (Kettel will if the rest hesitate.)

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:52 pm

DeepSpacer wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:01 pm
SavageBob wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:41 pm
After a pause, Vesper replies, "Fair enough. Not it."
HA!!! Fair enough way to determine who gets to do the talking. (Kettel will if the rest hesitate.)
:lol: Still finding Vesper's voice, but this seemed like something she'd say.

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:54 am

@SavageBob hah that was beautiful! Ah, I don't mind doing it - I'll put up a post in a bit. For now - baby cries take priority!

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:46 pm

SanguineAngel wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:45 pm
"In a manner of speaking... we've got a score, a big one. You can make your six thousand and more."
Somewhat accurate....from a certain point of view....
Would you care to try a skill check?
Deception? - you can't be certain of a payback or including him in it, but can bluff him
Charm? - buddying up, one of the guys
Coercion? - take it if you know what's good for you...

Deceit & Coercion vs Willpower (DD)
Charm vs Cool (CDD)

+1 Boost for suggesting payback
+1 Boost because he was predisposed to help you anyways
+1 Setback die (Oona removes one for Deceit/Coercion) for being off-worlders or the new people here.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:58 am

@SanguineAngel you want to try good cop other cop lol

Currently on Dubai time

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:37 pm

Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:58 am
@SanguineAngel you want to try good cop other cop lol
I think on this occassion I will play the fibbing cop to your good cop!?

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:41 pm

Looks like Oona took the lead on this one, so maybe her fibbing is the way to go?

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:57 pm

SavageBob wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:41 pm
Looks like Oona took the lead on this one, so maybe her fibbing is the way to go?
I think Oona has 3 ranks of coercion, which would be the highest stat. Two ranks and one rank in deception and charm. Part of such a decision has to do with what kind of group or person you want to present yourself as. Nothing wrong with either way chosen.

Return to “Discussion”