OOC - "Lost Point, The Forbidden Zone"

Discussions out-of-character (OOC) and Q&A about the game.
Forum rules
ImageUse LSUse DS * Update
Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Re: OOC - "Lost Point, The Forbidden Zone"

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:09 am

Ok since you said it’s cool for the radiation detectors from the ship then I think we should do that and get the contact.

A smuggler contact could end up being very useful to us down the line.
Active: Thino Krist Vo Cari Thew'Ruk Turugh’aie’azanon
Inactive: Goran Hownar Edessa

Currently on Dubai time

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:55 pm

I think it's either–or: Triumph means we learn about the possibility of taking the radiation detector from the ship, or Triumph means we get the contact.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:53 pm

Boutrose Saba-Norr wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:09 am
Ok since you said it’s cool for the radiation detectors from the ship then I think we should do that and get the contact.
A smuggler contact could end up being very useful to us down the line.
Consider it done.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

XP & Duty

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:35 pm

As I have mentioned before, I'd rather move forward than wait around on PBP. If ever there is a time to slow down, then please let me know. The radiation detection device will go on the speeder in some way. The mechanics check will determine how well it works.

XP:
All players gain +10xp.

DUTY:
Vesper Reshari +10
Kallachitlanna +0
Thino Krist +20
Helios Voltor +5
Oona Braitano +10

Group Contribution Rank Goes to '2'. After the next excursion, you may choose...
  • Equipment: (Individual) Rarity 5 or less.
  • Group Vehicle: Rarity 5 or less.
  • Strategic Asset (base): (I have plans for this one in the near future.)
...perhaps there will be something to find or steal in the near future that can complete this contribution.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:42 am

Woohoo! XP and Duty! :)

So, success on the radiation retrofit, +3 Advantages. Does using the scanner require a skill check of some sort? If so, I'd like to take a page from the "Crafting Gadgets" rules from Special Modifications and use the 3 Advantage to add "Safety Features: Add automatic Advantage to checks with the skill" used for the tool.

If it's a passive scanner (requires no skill check), then perhaps this would work instead: "Efficient Construction: A sizable portion of the materials go unused or can be reclaimed from the process." Basically, putting the radiation scanner back on the ship will be automatic or half cost.

Unrelated: Considering getting Forager [5] and Survival 1 [5] with the 10 XP. But would Forager apply if Vesper gave unskilled assistance to, say, Thino on a Survival check to find food, water, or shelter?

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:26 am

SavageBob wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:42 am
So, success on the radiation retrofit, +3 Advantages. Does using the scanner require a skill check of some sort? If so, I'd like to take a page from the "Crafting Gadgets" rules from Special Modifications and use the 3 Advantage to add "Safety Features: Add automatic Advantage to checks with the skill" used for the tool.
Sounds fine. I imagine it working automatically within a certain range (close/short), needing a check to work at longer range in a certain direction (working much like sensors).
SavageBob wrote:
Unrelated: Considering getting Forager [5] and Survival 1 [5] with the 10 XP. But would Forager apply if Vesper gave unskilled assistance to, say, Thino on a Survival check to find food, water, or shelter?
Nothing said about that Talent applying to another, but as with all things FFG SW, if you can reasonably rationalize it to be so, then why not?

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:35 am

Sounds amazing I’ll look to see what I can spend that 10 xp on.

Currently on Dubai time

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:52 am

Boutrose Saba-Norr wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:35 am
Sounds amazing I’ll look to see what I can spend that 10 xp on.
So I don’t have enough cup for the talent I wanted so I might just hold onto this for now, or buy another rank in charm, I’m also considering a cross class into Marshall in the future maybe so that’s something to think about.

Currently on Dubai time

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:56 pm

DeepSpacer wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:26 am
SavageBob wrote:
Sounds fine. I imagine it working automatically within a certain range (close/short), needing a check to work at longer range in a certain direction (working much like sensors).
OK, let's got with the auto-advantage on active use, then. I like that.
DeepSpacer wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:26 am
SavageBob wrote:
Nothing said about that Talent applying to another, but as with all things FFG SW, if you can reasonably rationalize it to be so, then why not?
I searched the FFG forums for this sort of thing, and the consensus there is that by RAW, you can't loan your talents to another person actively using the skill your talents modify. See this thread. I'm happy to get a rank in Survival for Vesper; it just means a bit of skill overlap with Thino. But if you think I'd be better off putting 5 XP in one of the other freebie, top-row talents instead, I can do that (Grit or Stimpack Specialization).

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:14 pm

I'm not worried about overlap, the skip tracers cover a lot of things so it's bound to have some overlap somewhere, and it could be nice to have so assistance thematically.

Currently on Dubai time

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:27 pm

SavageBob wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:56 pm
I'm happy to get a rank in Survival for Vesper; it just means a bit of skill overlap with Thino. But if you think I'd be better off putting 5 XP in one of the other freebie, top-row talents instead, I can do that (Grit or Stimpack Specialization).
Personal (overlapping) skills are good to have. There's plenty of times where individual checks are required or party members are separate and cannot work together.

You may want to consider, also, 10xp for a 2nd rank in any of about 10 skills you seem to have one rank in.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:39 pm

DeepSpacer wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:27 pm
You may want to consider, also, 10xp for a 2nd rank in any of about 10 skills you seem to have one rank in.
Yeah, I was thinking one of those could work. My worry is the Corrin seems pretty desolate, so being able to find food and water may be a helpful thing for us to do. That said, maybe it's all irradiated, so Survival won't help us after all. I'll think on it!

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:41 pm

OK, Vigilance 2 (10 XP) it is!

Return to “Discussion”