OOC - "Lost Point, The Forbidden Zone"

Discussions out-of-character (OOC) and Q&A about the game.
Forum rules
ImageUse LSUse DS * Update
DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

OOC - "Lost Point, The Forbidden Zone"

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:15 am

Duty Roll...

GM; Uprising; Duty Roll:
Numeric Roll: 1D100+=92
Duty NOT activated.

Destiny Point Roll...
GM; Uprising; Destiny Point Roll:
, 3 Light Side , 3 Dark Side
ImageImageImageImageImage

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Re: OOC - "The Assault on Ione"

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:34 am

Planet Ione.jpg
Planet Ione.jpg (33.44 KiB) Viewed 3906 times
Ione features a primarily terrestrial surface of urban development, seas, and plateaus, and a temperate climate. Ione boasted a mixed-species population of one billion inhabitants. The population was evenly distributed among Humans, Lutrillians, Nothoiins, and Ugnaughts. Ione's populace was governed by a corporate entity. The planet's primary imports included technology and foodstuffs, and its exports included ores and gems. Regarded chiefly as a port world, Ione featured two stellar and three standard spaceports.

Ione is a main waypoint for travelers to and from the planets Burnin Konn, Isis, Allyuen, and Tokmia….all mining planets. The Empire has been gathering crystals through Ione for a long time, although their presence there is minimal. The people of Ione dislike the presence of the Empire, but have lacked the organization to mount any sort of open resistance.

On the planet Ione, towards the border of the Corinthium Province, is a small smuggler’s settlement called ‘Lost Point’. It is said that beings who travel there are to forget that they ever hear of it. A more gritty description might simply be a place where the unscrupulous exchange illicit goods. This is the place we are to meet a merchant ‘friend’ of Captain Tye’s called Heran Belruse, who is located somewhere in the camp. This ‘Heran’ will give us aid, comfort, and any information he has on the area.

The Corinthium Province has been off-limits for several dozen galactic-standard years. It was said that a hazardous industrial incident rendered the entire area dangerous for inhabitants and planetary security has established a no-fly zone over the entire Corinthium Province. Travel by established roads is restricted to authorities with proper credentials and environmental gear.

Our mission according to Captain Kettel is to infiltrate the Imperial Fuel Depot in the Corinthium province, disable any communications or defenses, and then signal the pirate fleet to come in to raid (and destroy) the base. Due to the secret nature of the base, it is thought to have "minimal" security but defensive armaments are unknown. We have 12 hours to infiltrate the base and send the signal.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:15 pm

I would like to know who is going into town and I assume people are carrying all the items on their sheets unless they indicate otherwise (or the sheet indicates otherwise). Cpt. Kessel can either wait in the ship or come with. Prisoner Lt. Pitts. 5 Soldiers.
@swrider @SanguineAngel @Boutrose Saba-Norr @ShadoWarrior @SavageBob

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:07 am

Hell will go into town. Someone else can roll the check. I wont be one much tomorrow or Thursday so don't wait for me.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:11 am

Thino will go into town but im not sure if he should leave his light repeating blaster behind? Since this is an outlaw town haveing a restricted weapon may not be so big a deal?

Also DS you mentioned two setbacks on the streetwise roll, are those cancled out by my street smarts making the roll just Rp or if the Rpss already take that into account?
Active: Thino Krist Vo Cari Thew'Ruk Turugh’aie’azanon
Inactive: Goran Hownar Edessa

Currently on Dubai time

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:00 am

Hey guys, Oona will also head into town. A good question regarding weapon restrictions, @Boutrose Saba-Norr. I'd like to make an effort to keep her pistol hidden.

And she'll take the Comms Jammer with her too.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:22 pm

Vesper's wary of leaving our Imperial captive on the ship, but assuming someone will stay behind to guard him (Lanna, maybe? Ronin Wayne?), she'll head into town. If there's any chance these rumors about irradiated parts of Corinthium are true, she wants to be there to counteract the effects if possible.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:32 pm

Boutrose Saba-Norr wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:11 am
Thino will go into town but im not sure if he should leave his light repeating blaster behind? Since this is an outlaw town having a restricted weapon may not be so big a deal?

Also DS you mentioned two setbacks on the streetwise roll, are those cancled out by my street smarts making the roll just Rp or if the Rpss already take that into account?
The two Setbacks will be cancelled out for Thino, who should make the roll. Thino's used to frequenting places like this and has the right sort of confident walk necessary to fit in.

For future reference, I'll always include the complete difficulty for a roll, leaving it up to the PC's to recall their own Talents. If I do it for you, then I believe it takes out a portion of player participation. (And, if you forget, I can always take them off the roll after the fact.)

The light repeating blaster? Sure, it could have pros or cons bringing out in public. When I asked about equipment, that's one of the items I had in mind.

SavageBob wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:22 pm
Vesper's wary of leaving our Imperial captive on the ship, but assuming someone will stay behind to guard him (Lanna, maybe? Ronin Wayne?), she'll head into town. If there's any chance these rumors about irradiated parts of Corinthium are true, she wants to be there to counteract the effects if possible.
And the Rebel Soldiers? Leave 'em or take 'em with?

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:46 am

DeepSpacer wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:32 pm
Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:11 am
Thino will go into town but im not sure if he should leave his light repeating blaster behind? Since this is an outlaw town having a restricted weapon may not be so big a deal?

The two Setbacks will be cancelled out for Thino, who should make the roll. Thino's used to frequenting places like this and has the right sort of confident walk necessary to fit in.

For future reference, I'll always include the complete difficulty for a roll, leaving it up to the PC's to recall their own Talents. If I do it for you, then I believe it takes out a portion of player participation. (And, if you forget, I can always take them off the roll after the fact.)

The light repeating blaster? Sure, it could have pros or cons bringing out in public. When I asked about equipment, that's one of the items I had in mind.
Alright sounds good, then Thino will take the light repeating blaster with him, there is potential to loose it but it was a free item anyway so I’m not going to get paranoid about it.

Once everyone is ready I’ll make the roll and the post.

Question for clarity on how I want to RP my post, is it known to us that the imperial base is in the province that this town is on the edge of?

In real life places like this tend to build themselves up around military bases due to the amount of crime actual military folk encourage, and of that is something that also is happening here i wanted to incorporate it into Thino’s narration of the setting.

Currently on Dubai time

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:04 pm

Lost Point is a smuggler's outpost unknown to anyone nearby, including the Imperials. It could likely even be a mobile base that moves to keep it's location a secret.

On a successful roll, you know to go find the food/booze source (everyone in these places eats and drinks. Whoever is there will know everyone, most likely.)

On a failed roll, you ask the nearest person (like a newb). The aqualish, cloaked bystanders, the fur-trapoer, seek out someone out, poke your head into a habitat, etc...

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:29 pm

DeepSpacer wrote:
From an narrative standpoint, Vesper wouldn't have any problem with them going into town for a bit of shore leave assuming they're back to decent health. Having them out and about but on their own could present some interesting options for any Triumphs or Despairs that pop up.

Then again, I wonder of @SanguineAngel might want them to come along so Oona can take advantage of the squad rules.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:52 pm

SavageBob wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:29 pm
DeepSpacer wrote:
From an narrative standpoint, Vesper wouldn't have any problem with them going into town for a bit of shore leave assuming they're back to decent health. Having them out and about but on their own could present some interesting options for any Triumphs or Despairs that pop up.

Then again, I wonder of @SanguineAngel might want them to come along so Oona can take advantage of the squad rules.
That leaves a prisoner on the ship with Ronin, which is possible. Either way is fine with me. Squad Rules can be interesting. :twisted:

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:01 pm

Ok just let us know what we decide for who is coming with, then I’ll make the post and roll.

Right now it’s vesper, Thino, hell, oona, and the squad going out? Is Lanna coming?

I was thinking that Thino would probably not want to leave his prisoner in the hands of someone else, since he considers his safety to be his responsibility but if it’s with ronin then he probably would trust him.

Currently on Dubai time

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:05 pm

Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:01 pm

I was thinking that Thino would probably not want to leave his prisoner in the hands of someone else, since he considers his safety to be his responsibility but if it’s with ronin then he probably would trust him.
Hell would offer to leave his pet Nexu behind, the creature doesn't like being off ship much ;)

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:05 pm

@ShadoWarrior Is Lanna going into the town?

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:50 am

DeepSpacer, IIRC, has been running my character for me. TBH, I haven't been reading this thread (I forgot I had a character in this game). Lanna would go along with whatever best helps to protect her companions. If that means going into the town, then that's what she'd do.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:23 pm

ShadoWarrior wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:50 am
DeepSpacer, IIRC, has been running my character for me. TBH, I haven't been reading this thread (I forgot I had a character in this game). Lanna would go along with whatever best helps to protect her companions. If that means going into the town, then that's what she'd do.
That sounds great, if your going to be back with lanna I’d love to have the chance to get more conversations between her and Thino going.

So it sounds like most everyone save for ronin is going in. I know ds gave us the chance of getting more boosts by having us speed out but I think Thino would recommend against that given the nature of the area and wanting to keep everyone safe. Still too large of a crowd could seem ominous so we could send the our rebels off on their own to do recon.

Let me know what you guys think.

Currently on Dubai time

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:59 pm

@ShadoWarrior your post reads two ways. Did you want to re-assume control of Lanna or did you wish to leave her as an NPC?

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:28 pm

Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:23 pm
So it sounds like most everyone save for ronin is going in. I know ds gave us the chance of getting more boosts by having us speed out but I think Thino would recommend against that given the nature of the area and wanting to keep everyone safe. Still too large of a crowd could seem ominous so we could send the our rebels off on their own to do recon.

I think the Rebel soldiers are up in the air. I'd assume they go off and do their own thing unless @SanguineAngel wants them around for Oona to boss around with squad rules. 8-)

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:42 pm

SavageBob wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:28 pm
Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:23 pm

I think the Rebel soldiers are up in the air. I'd assume they go off and do their own thing unless @SanguineAngel wants them around for Oona to boss around with squad rules. 8-)
alright leave it up to sanguin and ds then, i think i feel comforatable making the streetwise roll now. we'd get the 2 boosts from everyone helping, and the two setbacks will be canceled out by street smarts, so id be rolling YGGBBRP

Currently on Dubai time

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:10 pm

swrider wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:59 pm
@ShadoWarrior your post reads two ways. Did you want to re-assume control of Lanna or did you wish to leave her as an NPC?
For right this moment, let's let Deep (or one of you other players) post for her as needed. This will give me time to read the past few months worth of IC (and OOC) and try to catch up. If I just took her back now myself, I don't think that I'd be doing you guys any favors what with being clueless about what's going on now or what's happened since the last time I was in control of the character.

On a related side note, I also need to get my ass in gear and do something with the games that I ostensibly GM. I meant to do that this past week and time just got past me.

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:30 am

Yeah, I think I'll see how our initial Streetwise check goes before settling on a real use for the squad - no matter how you slice it, a dozen-ish new people wondering around a place like this will get noticed fast.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:28 pm

ok i'll make the check, i belive we are rolling yggbb against rp i don't think we need to use a dp tp boost it.

Currently on Dubai time

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:40 pm

this was my roll three successes, two threats
Spoiler:

Currently on Dubai time

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:24 am

Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:40 pm
this was my roll three successes, two threats
Spoiler:
Good roll! You don't start off on the wrong foot. Good narration. Skip Tracer is very much about doing these things. One day the Dedication and talents will add up to increase proficiency. :!:

Return to “Discussion”