OOC - "The Ison Corridor"

Discussions out-of-character (OOC) and Q&A about the game.
Forum rules
ImageUse LSUse DS * Update
SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Re: OOC - "The Ison Corridor"

Post by SanguineAngel » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:56 am

Hey, congrats! Hope everything goes well and wishing the best for your wife and child.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:13 pm

I’ll also see out today, starting a 24 hour travel plan in a few hours, but until we get to the gunsights again theirs really nothing for Thino to do.

Again bob be well and congratulations
Active: Thino Krist Vo Cari Thew'Ruk Turugh’aie’azanon
Inactive: Goran Hownar Edessa

Currently on Dubai time

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:44 pm

SavageBob wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:15 am
Hey, folks! My wife's in labor... Still quite early, but it may be a while before I can check in again. Please don't delay on my account, and I hope to be back soonish! :)
Yes, I hope things go well for you all! :)

I think @SanguineAngel (Oona & Co.) can get us through the last roll and then we can start another session soon, later this week. I'll try to get things up today. ;)

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:35 pm

Thanks, everyone! Baby arrived yesterday morning (7/9), and she and mama are doing very well.

I'll have Vesper pipe in as I can in the next few days. She'd be eager to see how her patients on the ship are doing.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:44 pm

I'm just checking in since I haven't been on a lot lately.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Repairs, Duty, & XP.

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:22 am

XP:
All players gain +30xp.

DUTY:
Vesper Reshari +15
Kallachitlanna +5
Thino Krist +20
Helios Voltor +20
Oona Braitano +20

Helios has worked to salvage a forward mounted medium ion cannon (as requested).
Ion Cannon (Light), 5D crit 4, range: close, Sil(3-10)

Any loose ends to tie up?
Next up? Executing Kettel's plan to attack the fuel depot with the assistance of Captain Tye.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Re: Repairs, Duty, & XP.

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:08 am

DeepSpacer wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:22 am
XP:
All players gain +30xp.

DUTY:
Vesper Reshari +15
Kallachitlanna +5
Thino Krist +20
Helios Voltor +20
Oona Braitano +20

Helios has worked to salvage a forward mounted medium ion cannon (as requested).
Ion Cannon (Light), 5D crit 4, range: close, Sil(3-10)

Any loose ends to tie up?
Next up? Executing Kettel's plan to attack the fuel depot with the assistance of Captain Tye.
ds did you ever decide whether we would roll over the extra 50 duty from last time? Also, I'd love it if the ugnaughts were the ones to give Thino his slicing gear that he got for the last duty thing. it was supposed to be rarity 4 under 1000 right? i'll have to verify it.

checked the equipment guide, might go for a scramble key

Currently on Dubai time

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:52 pm

Woo Hoo! does the ion cannon need to be installed or is that a part of the repairs which are going on?

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:50 pm

Excellent! Thanks for the rewards, @DeepSpacer!

Are we deficient in any skills at the moment? I could go for that Dedication to get Vesper Intellect 4, but I could also go down the left of her tree and get Well-Rounded plus a rank in a skill we may lack.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:44 pm

swrider wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:52 pm
Woo Hoo! does the ion cannon need to be installed or is that a part of the repairs which are going on?
(Hand wave) already installed. Call it a favor from the Ugnaughts, who work a little extra hard for us.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Re: Repairs, Duty, & XP.

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:51 pm

Boutrose Saba-Norr wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:08 am
ds did you ever decide whether we would roll over the extra 50 duty from last time? Also, I'd love it if the ugnaughts were the ones to give Thino his slicing gear that he got for the last duty thing. it was supposed to be rarity 4 under 1000 right? i'll have to verify it.
...checked the equipment guide, might go for a scramble key
No, I did not decide about that 'extra' Duty. I didn't like the RAW where everything is wiped away when you hit 100 Duty. I am keeping track of it for now until I come up with a better idea. Currently, I am liking the idea of taking out the fuel depot (if successful) coinciding with reaching Contribution Rank '2'. Such an event would gain us quite notoriety.

Consider either item as part of the (tardy) Contribution Rank '1' benefit. I am fine with either one.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:31 am

cool cool, sorry for being away for the past day or so, just getting things situated with the move and adjusting to the weather, it been difficult lol.

Currently on Dubai time

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:30 pm

SavageBob wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:50 pm
Excellent! Thanks for the rewards, @DeepSpacer!

Are we deficient in any skills at the moment? I could go for that Dedication to get Vesper Intellect 4, but I could also go down the left of her tree and get Well-Rounded plus a rank in a skill we may lack.
Quick repost! @DeepSpacer -- I'm wondering if you know what skills might be useful for our group at the moment. I'd like Vesper to have some utility in starship scenes, so how are we on Gunnery, Computers, and Astrogation? They'd all make sense for her to learn narratively and would potentially help us in starship encounters.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:55 pm

@SavageBob Group's skills arelow in all of those areas (Comp, Gun, Astro). I am not at home today, but I am about 100% sure that no one has 2 ranks in any of those, except where Helio may have added Gunnery.

Looking at Vespers sheet, it'd be more efficient to build in your career skills. Kn: Warfare, for example, would be a better use of 5xp rather than 10xp in another non-career skill. Also, your ranged-heavy is missing a number indicating rank. If at 0, that's also be a great 5xp buy. Vigilance is also useful. Getting to a 4 Int is also something to look for. It'd help on skilled assists.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:00 pm

Looking at what's next (and the theme of the campaign "Uprising"), were much more likely to use AofR skillsets involving combat and presuading inhabitants to the cause. We'll certainly have a Know:Warfare check, or two, coming up soon.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:27 am

Yeah, 25 XP for Dedication would leave me 15 points for skills, allowing for a rank in Vigilance, Warfare, and Ranged (Heavy). That's tempting.

The other option wouldn't be to buy non-career skills but instead to go Forager (5), Toughened (10), Well Rounded (15), and then add two starship skills to her Career Skills. This route would leave 10 XP to buy a rank in two skills, possibly Computers and Astrogation or Astrogation and Gunnery.

I'm open to suggestions from others, but I'll ponder it and make a decision tomorrow.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:23 am

DId you have leftover xp? He awarded 30 but you are taking about 40 it looks like.
Helios has two ranks in gunnery, but also has to pilot and only has access to one weapon which is the forward mounted ion cannon.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:28 am

swrider wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:23 am
DId you have leftover xp? He awarded 30 but you are taking about 40 it looks like.
Helios has two ranks in gunnery, but also has to pilot and only has access to one weapon which is the forward mounted ion cannon.
Yes, he had 10xp left over.

@SavageBob The first option has the most efficient use of xp, IMO. Dedication (Int) give an extra green die to ALL INT-based skills. I was thinking Dedication is why you left the 10xp over from the time before.

A combination of all of those skills/talents are useful in some measure. Some like to build up what their character has been using or may soon need (Vig-War-RHvy-Comp-Piloting...), others have a vision for where they see their character going. True, some skills can double-up on what others have, but sometimes you need to have individual competency when each PC makes the check.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:03 pm

@SavageBob I would avoid computers, Thino is going to be moving up in that one, especially since we might need to do some electric lockpicking during the fuel run.

Currently on Dubai time

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:34 pm

DeepSpacer wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:28 am
@SavageBob The first option has the most efficient use of xp, IMO. Dedication (Int) give an extra green die to ALL INT-based skills. I was thinking Dedication is why you left the 10xp over from the time before.

A combination of all of those skills/talents are useful in some measure. Some like to build up what their character has been using or may soon need (Vig-War-RHvy-Comp-Piloting...), others have a vision for where they see their character going. True, some skills can double-up on what others have, but sometimes you need to have individual competency when each PC makes the check.
Yeah, the thinking on going for Well-Rounded was more narratively based: Vesper's been on the ship a bit now, and probably would want to pick up some skills to help out. The Dedication option will probably offer more immediate bang for the buck, though. And assuming Ronin and Lanna are mostly absent now, that might be more useful to the group. Let's go that route:

25: Dedication (Intellect)
5: Knowledge (Warfare) 1
5: Ranged (Heavy) 1
5: Vigilance 1

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:43 am

I'm debating whether I should buy skills or get the talents improved street smarts and second street smarts.
the second would make all of my street smarts and knowledge underworld checks easier, but also it would reduce the difficulty of improved street smarts a second time to make it so that I can make a difficulty 3 check to find a clue once per session.

Or i could get another rank in computers?

Currently on Dubai time

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:15 pm

Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:43 am
I'm debating whether I should buy skills or get the talents improved street smarts and second street smarts.
the second would make all of my street smarts and knowledge underworld checks easier, but also it would reduce the difficulty of improved street smarts a second time to make it so that I can make a difficulty 3 check to find a clue once per session.

If we're going to be hanging out with the smuggler crew this next session, the Street Smarts stuff might come into play. But Computers would be helpful on the ship and potentially off it, as well! No bad choices in my opinion.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:53 pm

SavageBob wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:15 pm
Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:43 am

If we're going to be hanging out with the smuggler crew this next session, the Street Smarts stuff might come into play. But Computers would be helpful on the ship and potentially off it, as well! No bad choices in my opinion.
Yea it definitely would, espeacially since I use it to pick locks and slice computers.

Y’know I already have a rank in street smarts, I think I will get the improved street smarts talent and then buy another rank in computers which I think will bring my total to 30 xp.

I am still thinking hard about what to use the duty for, I don’t want to get the code scrambler now because it is a door breaker for people who don’t have computers, which I do, but I’m debating whether the slicer tools are strong enough of an investment.

Currently on Dubai time

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:50 am

DS may let you save your duty reward, but that would be up to him.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:24 am

swrider wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:50 am
DS may let you save your duty reward, but that would be up to him.
I'd say that your choice of items should be done now. Both of which should provide to be useful. @Boutrose Saba-Norr

Return to “Discussion”