OOC - "The Ison Corridor"

Discussions out-of-character (OOC) and Q&A about the game.
Forum rules
ImageUse LSUse DS * Update
DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Re: Negotiations II

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:34 am

I guess I could add that it would be possible to get Mazlum in on the deal Kettel worked out to raid the depot (let him recoup his fuel, plus extra). It could be worth some concessions on Mazlum's part, but could also backfire and jeopardize the assault on the depot. But it is an option and could be done in several ways (charm, bring in Tye to this all (not being sure where he stands with things on the base, or with Mazlum), etc...).

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Re: OOC - "The Ison Corridor"

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:50 am

I feel like if we wanted to bring in mazlum that is somthing we should do when the ship is repaired and we aren’t in as vulnerable a situation.

As for what to do first I think we should argue the point of the ugnaughts first, since it is our better position and then think could use whatever advantages we get on it to downgrade the check for the repairs costs negotiations.
Active: Thino Krist Vo Cari Thew'Ruk Turugh’aie’azanon
Inactive: Goran Hownar Edessa

Currently on Dubai time

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:38 am

Yeah I'm inclined to agree. This is the big task he gave us so I'd hope a good job would reflect in a better bargaining position for what we originally wanted - repairs. Hopefully we can walk away with secure working conditions for the ugnaughts and Mazlum satisfied that they're doing good work for him.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:41 am

Any further suggestions for circumstantial Boost/Setbacks for the rolls?
Otherwise, they are 'as noted above'.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:08 am

I would suggest that we could get a boost on the ugaughts roll due to their fondness for thino, he can guarantee their cooperativeness based on it, or he can guarantee otherwise. it is a handy bargaining tool in labor negotiations.

Currently on Dubai time

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:39 pm

Boutrose Saba-Norr wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:08 am
I would suggest that we could get a boost on the ugaughts roll due to their fondness for thino, he can guarantee their cooperativeness based on it, or he can guarantee otherwise. it is a handy bargaining tool in labor negotiations.
How would Mazlum know that you could come through on that? Take your word for it? But then, you are correct in that being a representative has advantages. So, +1 Boost, it is.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:46 pm

Im just checking in. Hell is not really one for negotiations. So he will remain quiet and observe. I updated the force tracker. Ill see about fixing the update link when I get a chance.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:00 pm

i realize that we might be waiting on thino to make the check, didn't realize i was the one holding things up, i remember we were saying it was a combined check, i'll check out the pools you established and then seeing what should be done.

Currently on Dubai time

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Re: Negotiations Rolls

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:08 pm

DeepSpacer wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:27 am
First, you'll have to decide which offer to make first to Mazlum, the repairs/fuel or the Ugnaught situation. Success at one may aid/hinder the other. Help me out (suggestions) on what boosts/setbacks/upgrades may apply (or not). DP's pool is incorrect since the reset. See the Who's Turn Is It page for accurate listing. 7LS, 3 DS

NPC: Mazlum, Presence 3, Cool 2 ranks. (CCD)
PC Group Skill: Presence 3, 1 rank Negotiation (YGG)
(likely apply a LS DP to each roll)

Roll (Repairs/Fuel):
* Base Negotiation vs Cool: Red-Red-Purple (CCD)
* +1 Setback die from 3 Threats on an earlier check with Larwin. He whispered something to Mazlum when he introduced you. (+S)
* Ore contribution (+1 Upgrade, +1 Boost)
* +1 Boost, helped Kamar clean up the hangar a bit, now it looks good when Mazlum comes down.

Roll (Ugnaughts):
* +1 Boost for Mazlum unaware you will ask for this (Kamar's silence). (+B)
* +1 Setback die for Mazlum predisposed against the Ugnaught laborers.
so based on this, along with the other boost, we would be upgrading once for the ore, upgrading again for a dp, gaining three boosts from various things, and one setback, meaning we are rolling yyybbbrrps

I should have thought of asking for a boost earlier based on the fact that we are actually asking for more than we want for the ughnaught, arguing from the high ground to find a middle that we want, but I didn't think of that and don't want to hold things up any longer what with my travels happening soon. I'll wait til after firworks tonight and then make the post.

Currently on Dubai time

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:16 am

dang,

Thino Krist; Uprising; Negotiations; Mazlum vs. The Ugnaughts:
2 Failures, 8 Advantages

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

I don't even know what to do with all those advantages? I can only downgrade the ability check difficulty for the fuel once since I only have one level of good cop, that still leaves 7 advantages, I'm really disappointed I failed the check.

Currently on Dubai time

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:54 am

This definitely seems like a perfect time to use good cop?
My strongest suit is obviously in coercion or deception.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:00 am

SanguineAngel wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:54 am
This definitely seems like a perfect time to use good cop? .
Yes definitely the perfect time but that will leave me with 6 advantages to spend I think since good cop requires only 2. Still great for our fuel concerns, but unfortunate for the ughnaughts. I’m going to have to look up what to do with the other 6 advantages, perhaps I can have an effect on an unintended target, like the other duros in the room? Or maybe we will get half our demands?

Currently on Dubai time

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:05 am

Hah sorry didn't spot that line. Hrm, it's a massive amount of advantage. Perhaps Captain Tye could choose this moment to do something dramatic like bust in, armed, and start an argument with Mazlum about further extortionate fees or not releasing his ship? Something that'd change the nature of this scene dramatically and maybe give us a new angle... What you think, @DeepSpacer?

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:04 pm

That was one hell of a roll! But that is the magic of the FFG system. Nothing is guaranteed.

I am driving back in town from a little Fourth of July getaway. I work Thursday evening, but will be home Thursday night. I'll have some time to get the read on that situation. I like the idea of Tye jumping in. I'll have time this afternoon to think of all of the options.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:36 pm

I just checked the book, and it says that on a failed negotiations check I can still use advantages to gain concessions, we asked for 7 things including the medical bay and the rec areas, so maybe I could use some of the advantages to getting at least 4 of the 7 things and then use the remaining two to have the interruption from tye?

Currently on Dubai time

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:09 pm

SanguineAngel wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:05 am
Hah sorry didn't spot that line. Hrm, it's a massive amount of advantage. Perhaps Captain Tye could choose this moment to do something dramatic like bust in, armed, and start an argument with Mazlum about further extortionate fees or not releasing his ship? Something that'd change the nature of this scene dramatically and maybe give us a new angle... What you think, @DeepSpacer?
I could see that, his arguments making Mazlum hesitant, 2 Adv = Boost die. (Conceivably, 2 Adv Good Cop for upgrade, 2+2+2 = 3 additional boost dice. Sound good?

@Boutrose Saba-Norr Can you list the 7 things asked for, please.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:58 am

DeepSpacer wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:09 pm
SanguineAngel wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:05 am
I could see that, his arguments making Mazlum hesitant, 2 Adv = Boost die. (Conceivably, 2 Adv Good Cop for upgrade, 2+2+2 = 3 additional boost dice. Sound good?

@Boutrose Saba-Norr Can you list the 7 things asked for, please.
no problem ds

the actual demands:
more spacious living quarters
more task training
an expanded workforce or their kind
more tools and equipment
and imported Ugnaught foodstuffs

the extra demands meant to be used as padding to let mazlum feel like he won:
a medical facility
and recreation center

in this case, he actually did win, so I actually cannot get all the things I want, I am leaving what concessions he makes up to you but thino would be insistent on the living quarters above all else.

Currently on Dubai time

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:45 pm

My mistake... Advantages can be used for concessions, boost, or a combination of both. But it seems like Think wants some concessions for the Ugnaughts. I think it is fair to say that mazlum would concede the concessions most convenient to him, since it was a failed negotiation roll.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:43 am

DeepSpacer wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:45 pm
My mistake... Advantages can be used for concessions, boost, or a combination of both. But it seems like Think wants some concessions for the Ugnaughts. I think it is fair to say that mazlum would concede the concessions most convenient to him, since it was a failed negotiation roll.
That's fair, although i do have 6 advantages to work with after using good cop and only 7 possible concessions, but getting everything doesn't really feel in the spirit of the failure.
if you like you can have mazlum say which things he is willing to concede on and ill use the extra advantages for something else

Currently on Dubai time

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:43 am

Boutrose Saba-Norr wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:43 am
DeepSpacer wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:45 pm
That's fair, although i do have 6 advantages to work with after using good cop and only 7 possible concessions, but getting everything doesn't really feel in the spirit of the failure.
if you like you can have mazlum say which things he is willing to concede on and ill use the extra advantages for something else
Sure, sure...I figured you might like to decide which #Adv's to apply to each. With 6 Boosts after Good Cop, that could be 2 concessions, 2 boosts, or 4 concessions, 1 Boost. You all decide. Then I can post Mazlum's response and that can transition into the next roll for fuel and repairs.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:01 am

I'm going to go with 4 concessions and 1 boost and then the good cop downgrades the difficulty, so I think Oona or ronin should come in afterward and use that downgrade and the boost to negotiate for repairs.

actually something I am also thinking, maybe we could get something extra added onto our ships by the ugnaughts under the table due to some of the advantages, but honestly that might be better to put for a different roll yea, so yea lets go for 4 concessions and the boost

Currently on Dubai time

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:49 am

Okay, this looks to be the roll. Correct me if I am wrong.
Spoiler:
NPC: Mazlum, Presence 3, Cool 2 ranks. (CCD)
PC Group Skill: Presence 3, 1 rank Negotiation (YGG)
(likely apply a LS DP to each roll)

Roll (Repairs/Fuel):
* +1 Setback die from 3 Threats on an earlier check with Larwin. He whispered something to Mazlum when he introduced you. (+S)
* +1 Boost, helped Kamar clean up the hangar a bit, now it looks good when Mazlum comes down.

...we would be upgrading once for the ore, upgrading again for a dp, gaining two boosts from various things, and one setback, meaning we are rolling YYYBBB vs CDDS

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:50 pm

Hey, I think Oona can get the job done. Travelling today and tomorrow but I'll try to find time to post tomorrow. I'd welcome any thoughts on her approach?

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:16 pm

looks right to me, I'll be out starting tomorrow until some time on Monday, I might be able to check the boards on one of my layovers but I can't guarantee.

Currently on Dubai time

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:15 am

Hey, folks! My wife's in labor... Still quite early, but it may be a while before I can check in again. Please don't delay on my account, and I hope to be back soonish! :)

Return to “Discussion”