OOC - "The Ison Corridor"

Discussions out-of-character (OOC) and Q&A about the game.
Forum rules
ImageUse LSUse DS * Update
Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Re: OOC - "The Ison Corridor"

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:54 pm

@SanguineAngel very nice post, I think I can definitely use what you said as a lead in for what I wanted to say and get the ugnaughts totally on board.
Active: Thino Krist Vo Cari Thew'Ruk Turugh’aie’azanon
Inactive: Goran Hownar Edessa

Currently on Dubai time

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:14 pm

@Boutrose Saba-Norr lovely, should tie in nicely! And thanks :)

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:25 pm

SanguineAngel wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:38 pm
OOC: Could we presume that we are able to identify potential improvements and formulate a list of demands for Yanik, without going through it in detail here, and wipe to the next scene? Would it require a roll?
"Demands" is how you would put it. Suggestions is how the Ugnaughts would put it. It is up to you how you present it. Will you (all) try to have a separate sit-down with Mazlum (before or after) the morning Mazlum meeting or try to do it all at once.

@swrider Now would be a good time to make the final piloting check.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:19 am

I thought you only wanted three? All three hav been made and posted.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:23 am

Spoiler:
Hell; Uprising; Pilot planetary:
4 Successes, 1 Threat
0 Success(es) added from talents or equipment
0 Advantage(s) added From talents or equipment
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
I apparently forgot to post the roll. Which explains why you never responded. Lol

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:36 am

DeepSpacer wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:50 am
Well, if you must, you may go around doing 'light' medical routine things and check-ups. Narrate it as you'd like. I didn't want to overplay the medic role by having EVERY situation have a person in need since the places we've gone so far have had medical needs. It seemed a bit contrived, to me, to do the same thing again. The Ugnaught Yanik is already sufficiently friendly to us, so there isn't much (storywise) aiding them could help us. Although, I had planned for the possibility of being aided by medical help. Turns out, it's not needed after that Charm check.

That said, I hope to jump to Mazlum, then work something with the Kragen's Crew, and then either hit the depot or jump on the track of the damaged republic transport. (Looks like we are trying to hit the depot, or have them do it for us, possibly returning fuel to the station here) Ison Station is a stepping stone, not the main portion of 'Uprising', so I hope to move forward soon.
No, we can drop it. I was just surprised when it was mentioned as one of the ways we could help out and get into Mazlum's good graces, but when Vesper asked about it, the idea was outright rejected.

Up to this point, we've also all been suspicious that Mazlum's been mistreating the little guys, and doing some medical stuff would be a way to find out if that's the case. (The same reason that most doctors are required to report evidence of physical abuse.) But I don't want to bog the game down.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:41 am

SavageBob wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:36 am
DeepSpacer wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:50 am
Well, if you must, you may go around doing 'light' medical routine things and check-ups. Narrate it as you'd like. I didn't want to overplay the medic role by having EVERY situation have a person in need since the places we've gone so far have had medical needs. It seemed a bit contrived, to me, to do the same thing again. The Ugnaught Yanik is already sufficiently friendly to us, so there isn't much (storywise) aiding them could help us. Although, I had planned for the possibility of being aided by medical help. Turns out, it's not needed after that Charm check.

That said, I hope to jump to Mazlum, then work something with the Kragen's Crew, and then either hit the depot or jump on the track of the damaged republic transport. (Looks like we are trying to hit the depot, or have them do it for us, possibly returning fuel to the station here) Ison Station is a stepping stone, not the main portion of 'Uprising', so I hope to move forward soon.
No, we can drop it. I was just surprised when it was mentioned as one of the ways we could help out and get into Mazlum's good graces, but when Vesper asked about it, the idea was outright rejected.

Up to this point, we've also all been suspicious that Mazlum's been mistreating the little guys, and doing some medical stuff would be a way to find out if that's the case. (The same reason that most doctors are required to report evidence of physical abuse.) But I don't want to bog the game down.
I think mazlum has been neglecting them that's for sure, but what i'm taking away from this is that if it were anyone but the ughnaught they would be in bad shape.

Currently on Dubai time

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:07 pm

I would like to do a charm check on kamar in order to make sure he doesn’t reveal anything we say here before we talk to mazlum, what would the difficulty be?

Currently on Dubai time

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:19 pm

Boutrose Saba-Norr wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:07 pm
I would like to do a charm check on kamar in order to make sure he doesn’t reveal anything we say here before we talk to mazlum, what would the difficulty be?
2 Diff, and you'll have to specify what you want him to not do in the IC. Actually, you'll want to ask him in IC and then make the roll.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:03 am

DS hell was going to ask the pilots about getting a weapon for his ship, how did that last piloting roll play out. there was one threat and i think you still need to roll for the others.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:44 am

swrider wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:23 am
4 Successes, 1 Threat

I apparently forgot to post the roll. Which explains why you never responded. Lol
Apparently I forgot to respond to the post of the post you forgot to post about the roll, which explains why I hadn't responded. ;)

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:14 am

swrider wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:03 am
DS hell was going to ask the pilots about getting a weapon for his ship, how did that last piloting roll play out. there was one threat and i think you still need to roll for the others.
I posted IC concerning the pilot. Feel free to ask him for such a favor. All difficulty is DD. You could either Charm +2 Boosts (for helping so much) and maybe another +1 Boost if you let him take credit for your loads of ore. It might risk discovery of your deal or go badly for Radoff if Mazlum knows that you helped.

Or, using Deception, you could feign a story to acquire the equipment. (But I can't think of such a deception off the top of my head.) Asking for something is still a Charm or Negotiation check (DD), I just see that Deception is a good skill for you.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:17 am

Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:24 am
..... but can I count on your keeping everything said here between us until we have a chance to talk to him? It would really help us out if we had the advantage of surprise."[/b][/color]
DD on the Charm difficulty, @Boutrose Saba-Norr

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:14 pm

DeepSpacer wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:44 am
swrider wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:23 am
4 Successes, 1 Threat

Apparently I forgot to respond to the post of the post you forgot to post about the roll, which explains why I hadn't responded. ;)
lol

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:53 pm

Spoiler:
Thino; Uprising; Charm; kamar:
1 Success, 1 Threat

ImageImageImageImage

Currently on Dubai time

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:41 pm

I'll get my pitch up latter when I have a moment to think about it and make the roll.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:33 pm

I may have misunderstood Kettel's comm to us, but isn't he with Mazlum right now?

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:13 pm

SavageBob wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:33 pm
I may have misunderstood Kettel's comm to us, but isn't he with Mazlum right now?
No. Kettel at ship. Meeting with Mazlum in the morning.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:16 am

DeepSpacer wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:13 pm
SavageBob wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:33 pm
No. Kettel at ship. Meeting with Mazlum in the morning.
Ah, got it. I'll have Vesper clarify. And then I think we're ready to reconvene with the captain?

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:18 am

Yeah, I believe so. Then it's time to make arrangements with captain Jairius, i think? Is that right?

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:18 am

for our groups discussion can we just screen wipe to being in front of kettle?

Currently on Dubai time

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:01 am

Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:18 am
for our groups discussion can we just screen wipe to being in front of kettle?
Yes, that was my intention. :) I had some written up, but site was down a while. Kettel has some things to say. I hope to get something up tomorrow.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:54 am

Hey, folks: I'm away from Internet for the next two days or so. I won't be able to post until midday Saturday earliest, so please don't hold up the game if folks are ready to move on.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:10 am

SavageBob wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:54 am
Hey, folks: I'm away from Internet for the next two days or so. I won't be able to post until midday Saturday earliest, so please don't hold up the game if folks are ready to move on.
Thanks for the head's up. I think I can facilitate a wrap-up (in the coming days) of Ison Station. Some rolls others can make without having Vesper involved directly.

My apologies for not getting something more out tonight. There was a MD shooting on the news and then some other business with the live group I was taking care of. We're wrapping up a summer session (we play 2x's a month). One guy is going back to teaching a college course and will be unavailable starting in August, so we're going to a different game or campaign during his absence. We (my live group) need to kick around ideas for what to do next. :)

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Re: Negotiations Rolls

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:27 am

First, you'll have to decide which offer to make first to Mazlum, the repairs/fuel or the Ugnaught situation. Success at one may aid/hinder the other. Help me out (suggestions) on what boosts/setbacks/upgrades may apply (or not). DP's pool is incorrect since the reset. See the Who's Turn Is It page for accurate listing. 7LS, 3 DS

NPC: Mazlum, Presence 3, Cool 2 ranks. (CCD)
PC Group Skill: Presence 3, 1 rank Negotiation (YGG)
(likely apply a LS DP to each roll)

Roll (Repairs/Fuel):
* Base Negotiation vs Cool: Red-Red-Purple (CCD)
* +1 Setback die from 3 Threats on an earlier check with Larwin. He whispered something to Mazlum when he introduced you. (+S)
* Ore contribution (+1 Upgrade, +1 Boost)
* +1 Boost, helped Kamar clean up the hangar a bit, now it looks good when Mazlum comes down.

Roll (Ugnaughts):
* Base Negotiation vs Cool: Red-Red-Purple (CCD)
* +1 Boost for Mazlum unaware you will ask for this (Kamar's silence). (+B)
* Ore contribution (+1 Upgrade, +1 Boost)
* +1 Setback die for Mazlum predisposed against the Ugnaught laborers.

Return to “Discussion”