OOC - "The Ison Corridor"

Discussions out-of-character (OOC) and Q&A about the game.
Forum rules
ImageUse LSUse DS * Update
DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Re: OOC - "The Ison Corridor"

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed May 30, 2018 10:35 pm

Just not sure WHAT the "threat" was. (Coercion defined: the practice of persuading someone to do something by using force or threats.) It also requires defining what, exactly, you'd like them to do.

To an industrious people, suggesting less-than-adequate work is a form of an insult. It may be true, but insulting nonetheless. There are other things that prevent good work efficiency besides (or in spite of) being "happy".

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Thu May 31, 2018 12:13 am

I can see what Oona tried as being Leadership, actually. Just a suggestion; Vesper will wait till this exchange is resolved before jumping in. :)

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu May 31, 2018 3:20 am

SavageBob wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 12:13 am
I can see what Oona tried as being Leadership, actually. Just a suggestion; Vesper will wait till this exchange is resolved before jumping in. :)
Mazlum DID mention their, "disorganization". (and their ingratitude....from his perspective).

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Thu May 31, 2018 5:50 am

Hrm, sorry guys. I was hoping for a roll there but I think DS is trying to steer me in a totally different direction. Do feel free to jump in, @SavageBob, as I am not sure I'm getting the job done or can convincingly change tack again. TBH I am not certain what I should try next.

DeepSpacer wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 10:35 pm
Just not sure WHAT the "threat" was. (Coercion defined: the practice of persuading someone to do something by using force or threats.) It also requires defining what, exactly, you'd like them to do.

Apologies, DS, I was trying to leverage their fear of being sent back to Gentes, by implying that it is a possibility and that Mazlum is more ruthless than his brother. Like, "if you don't work with us, you might well end up back on gentes". Seems I'm a bit off base though.

Edits to clarify what I was actually trying (and failing ;)) to do.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Thu May 31, 2018 11:54 am

My suggestion was actually that what Oona set up there could be interpreted as a Leadership roll rather than a retry. That would be up to DS, of course. Either way, I think Oona's doing fine and Vesper would do no better!

On that note, heads up: Packing is done, so I start phase 1 of a cross-country move today. I'll hopefully be able to check in in the evenings, but for the next four or five days, I'll have little availability. If things go for more than a day without me making some roll I need to make, someone please step in. Thanks!

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu May 31, 2018 8:33 pm

@SavageBob Thanks for the heads-up. I am also out of town this weekend. I should be able to check in once a day.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu May 31, 2018 10:12 pm

SanguineAngel wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 5:50 am
Spoiler:
DeepSpacer wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 10:35 pm
Apologies, DS, I was trying to leverage their fear of being sent back to Gentes, by implying that it is a possibility and that Mazlum is more ruthless than his brother. Like, "if you don't work with us, you might well end up back on gentes". Seems I'm a bit off base though.

Edits to clarify what I was actually trying (and failing ;)) to do.
Ah! Good. You COULD do that...by saying exactly that!! That'd be a threat. That would be going on the assumption that Mazlum is correct. The "we'll replace you with labor droids!!" approach is a threat. Oona's inference that their work was subpar had a reaction (the Ugnaughts feared being sent back to Gemtes). I was playing it like they misread your 'friendly inquiries' concerning their work conditions. In actuality, you were attempting to make them fearful. However, you were more informative than threatening, I believe.

They are suspicious of losing their jobs, so you could make a Coercion check IF you make a verbal threat against them. Otherwise, you can try to get them to follow you by making a Leadership check with the appropriate dialogue. If you want to know more about them, then Charm.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:24 pm

Now, that's a threat. So the Coercion check will be:
CD + boost die
(Flipped DP)

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:02 pm

Awesome. I have rolled and I utilised my talent Intimidating to downgrade the check.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:58 pm

SanguineAngel wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:02 pm
Awesome. I have rolled and I utilised my talent Intimidating to downgrade the check.
Cool. I forgot you had that talent. At least it prevents the possibility of a riot on a Despair. :twisted:

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:27 am

Precisely my thinking, too! :mrgreen:

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:35 am

@SanguineAngel would you mind if thino stepped in here and did a charm check on the back of your coercion? I don’t want to step on your toes but I want to have him assure the ughnaughts of his intention to prevent them from being displaced at any costs.
Active: Thino Krist Vo Cari Thew'Ruk Turugh’aie’azanon
Inactive: Goran Hownar Edessa

Currently on Dubai time

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:23 am

Boutrose Saba-Norr wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:35 am
@SanguineAngel would you mind if thino stepped in here and did a charm check on the back of your coercion? I don’t want to step on your toes but I want to have him assure the ughnaughts of his intention to prevent them from being displaced at any costs.
If you did a check, it'd be CD + Boost (since they are coerced by Oona) (Spent a DP).

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:41 am

@Boutrose Saba-Norr please, feel free! We're all in this together and I think it'd be handy to riff of each other's approach

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:39 pm

Since you said you used a destiny point I used one as well and upgraded my check, but I tried to click on the use ls destiny point and it didn’t work.

I got 3 successes and a triumph
Spoiler:

Currently on Dubai time

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:22 am

Destiny point tracker code was broken in the forum move. I have not yet had the chance to fix it. The dice rollers were a priority. Well after the forum itself. The initiative racker is fixed,because I was using it was a test on how to fix the dp tracker. They operate in a similar fashion but fewer people use the initiative tracker so if I screwed it up it wouldn't be a problem.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:33 am

Busy middle of the week for me. I hope to catch up tomorrow and Friday. SO many posts to look over with the site back up and running!

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:22 am

Oh, lovely roll! Wonder what the triumph can be

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:52 am

SanguineAngel wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:22 am
Oh, lovely roll! Wonder what the triumph can be
Triumph's on Charm checks typically make the target NPC an ally. I think that'd be appropriate here.

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:22 pm

I'll pack up me things, Thino's got this - dude's rocking the charm. :)

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:25 pm

SanguineAngel wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:22 pm
I'll pack up me things, Thino's got this - dude's rocking the charm. :)
i'm not doing enough though. If I had gotten advantages I could have used them to make your negotiations with the boss on behalf of the Ugnaghts.

Currently on Dubai time

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:11 am

No injuries or ill? That's... suspicious. Do they have no pregnant women among them? No aging or elderly? No children? Even the most stout species would have some members in need of medical attention, I suspect. It's possible they have their own healers and just don't trust an outsider, but Vesper would like to find out what's going on. To that end, is there anything immediately visible (or that she knows) that indicates whether the guy is lying or stretching the truth about not needing a doctor?

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:50 am

SavageBob wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:11 am
No injuries or ill? That's... suspicious. Do they have no pregnant women among them? No aging or elderly? No children? Even the most stout species would have some members in need of medical attention, I suspect. It's possible they have their own healers and just don't trust an outsider, but Vesper would like to find out what's going on. To that end, is there anything immediately visible (or that she knows) that indicates whether the guy is lying or stretching the truth about not needing a doctor?
Well, if you must, you may go around doing 'light' medical routine things and check-ups. Narrate it as you'd like. I didn't want to overplay the medic role by having EVERY situation have a person in need since the places we've gone so far have had medical needs. It seemed a bit contrived, to me, to do the same thing again. The Ugnaught Yanik is already sufficiently friendly to us, so there isn't much (storywise) aiding them could help us. Although, I had planned for the possibility of being aided by medical help. Turns out, it's not needed after that Charm check.

That said, I hope to jump to Mazlum, then work something with the Kragen's Crew, and then either hit the depot or jump on the track of the damaged republic transport. (Looks like we are trying to hit the depot, or have them do it for us, possibly returning fuel to the station here) Ison Station is a stepping stone, not the main portion of 'Uprising', so I hope to move forward soon.

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:45 pm

Fair enough, I have posted what I hope is sufficient direction to produce the meat of a bargain for Mazlum. Hopefully that works for you, DS, in terms of moving things along? You're absolutely right that we've still got two more meetings to attend to! blimey.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:51 pm

I think we can arrange this, i’m Going to ask the ugnaughts a question in the form of “we know you are very dedicated to your job and want to do your best, which can be hard to do when you don’t have the best conditions yourself, so what are some things that we can arrange to have for you in order to make it so that you work at your best and make your families proud.” Then we can pan over to us presenting a list of demands to masking.

Currently on Dubai time

Return to “Discussion”