OOC - "The Ison Corridor"

Discussions out-of-character (OOC) and Q&A about the game.
Forum rules
ImageUse LSUse DS * Update
SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Re: OOC - "The Ison Corridor"

Post by SanguineAngel » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:44 am

meanwhile, I am thinking I'll take up Scathing Tirade. I'm gunning to ultimately reach Incite Rebellion. It may not be majorly useful in itself but puts me on the right track. It's going to take me another 65 to get there.

Meanwhile, I think I'll save the rest of the XP for now: on skills my two considerations are Leadership and Coercion currently as those appear to be the direction Oona heads in. I could put 10XP into leadership and bump it to YYG but I think it makes sense to improve Coercion in the long run. If I can get that to rank 5 I'll be happy (YYYG) but I'll obviously need 20 for rank 4 and 25 for rank 5.

So for those two routes, I'm looking at 110 XP. For the here and now, though, boosting Coecrion or Leadership now won't net me any extra dice, so I think the Talent may be the more effective spend choice or spend 25 on 2 ranks of Leadership (YYY).

@Boutrose Saba-Norr Slicing tools are a great investment if you don't already have them - without them I think the difficulty of any slicing check is increased or Setback added. Most slicing tasks just wouldn't be possible without them, or a dataspike at least but they're disposable. I seem to recall there's a more advenced tool that provides slicing tools + extra but I am not sure if it's within the Duty allowance. I'll see if I can track it down....

Edit: Okay, I think I was thinking of the BlackOps Data Breaker but that is both outside the parameters of our Duty allowence (Rarity 6) and looks like it modifies slicing checks but does not replace slicing gear in the first place.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:15 pm

Ok, I've decided that it is more beneficial right now to get improved street smarts and a second rank in street smarts right now.

after looking over the description for the slicer gear in the core book, I'll be going with that for my duty reward.

@DeepSpacer The description for the slicer gear says it can be completely personalized to the particular slicer, so for thematic purposes of the duty I'd like thino to make it out of bits and pieces he finds on the ship and in the hanger bay. It doesn't list a benefit so I just assume it is the standard single boost die for having the proper tools?

As for how it looks, I wanted it to be a pair of gloves that can project a customizable keyboard interface, use any datapad as its monitor, and interface to the sliced component through a 3-d disk that he places on it, just because that seems more in theme for the setting. Something I wanted to know though is whether or not I can have the gloves be a modified pair of shock gloves that also still serve their original function?

@SanguineAngel yea the two things do different stuff, I will probably still be getting the databreaker at some point in the future, but it works a different way and will be appropriate for different situations.
Active: Thino Krist Vo Cari Thew'Ruk Turugh’aie’azanon
Inactive: Goran Hownar Edessa

Currently on Dubai time

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:48 pm

Boutrose Saba-Norr wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:15 pm
@DeepSpacer The description for the slicer gear says it can be completely personalized to the particular slicer, so for thematic purposes of the duty I'd like thino to make it out of bits and pieces he finds on the ship and in the hanger bay. It doesn't list a benefit so I just assume it is the standard single boost die for having the proper tools?

As for how it looks, I wanted it to be a pair of gloves that can project a customizable keyboard interface, use any datapad as its monitor, and interface to the sliced component through a 3-d disk that he places on it, just because that seems more in theme for the setting. Something I wanted to know though is whether or not I can have the gloves be a modified pair of shock gloves that also still serve their original function?
Shock-boxing gloves or the joybuzzer variety gloves? I'd say that the first electrifies the whole glove, making it rather impossible not to short out the tools. The second seem to fit in better. Other than that, it all seems good. One disadvantage of PBP is not being able, timewise, to run through a few minutes of table-time to play little things like that out.

Tools typically avoid you from having to take a Setback die for 'improper equipment'. but, yielding a boost die is reasonable.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:26 am

DeepSpacer wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:48 pm
Shock-boxing gloves or the joybuzzer variety gloves? I'd say that the first electrifies the whole glove, making it rather impossible not to short out the tools. The second seem to fit in better. Other than that, it all seems good. One disadvantage of PBP is not being able, timewise, to run through a few minutes of table-time to play little things like that out.

Tools typically avoid you from having to take a Setback die for 'improper equipment'. but, yielding a boost die is reasonable.
I was thinking having them work as proper shock gloves would make them more easily concealable and not obviously the slicer tools that they are.

Would it be too much to say that they are sufficiently insolated against being shorted out from using the electric attacks, but that when I do use that function I have to wait a number of minutes equal to the number of threats before the gloves are grounded enough again to use them as slicer tools?

Currently on Dubai time

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:31 am

Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:26 am
I was thinking having them work as proper shock gloves would make them more easily concealable and not obviously the slicer tools that they are.

Would it be too much to say that they are sufficiently insolated against being shorted out from using the electric attacks, but that when I do use that function I have to wait a number of minutes equal to the number of threats before the gloves are grounded enough again to use them as slicer tools?
Sound reasonable to me. Although, I would think that wearing shock gloves around in-of-itself is an obvious thing to do.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:54 am

DeepSpacer wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:31 am
Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:26 am

Sound reasonable to me. Although, I would think that wearing shock gloves around in-of-itself is an obvious thing to do.
yea but they're obvious for different reasons, and they aren't restricted so it shouldn't be so much of a big deal unless going through checkpoints specifically. that and Thino's previous profession which he still has registration for could be seen as justification for him wearing them in many situations.

Currently on Dubai time

Return to “Discussion”