OOC - "Return to Hoth"

Discussions out-of-character (OOC) and Q&A about the game.
Forum rules
ImageUse LSUse DS * Update
DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Re: OOC - "Return to Hoth"

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:51 am

Lanna recovers 2 strain from rest.
Lanna; Uprising; Recovery Cool:
2 Successes, 3 Advantages
ImageImageImageImage

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:16 am

For some reason, I've always played it that the players heal all strain between sessions. I can't find it in the rulebook, though, so it's possible a live-play podcast led me astray.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:17 am

So how is it working, we roll to recover our strain, can Vesper still heal us as well?
Active: Thino Krist Vo Cari Thew'Ruk Turugh’aie’azanon
Inactive: Goran Hownar Edessa

Currently on Dubai time

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:18 am

Roll to recover first; that way I'll know whether to use Advantages to heal more of your strain, or to use them to boost my next Medicine check.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:23 am

Spoiler:
1 success 3 advantages

Rapid recovery gives me an extra strain for 2 and hard boiled let’s me spend 1 advantage to recover a wound, sending the other two advantages to Vesper for a booste to her medicine check to heal me the rest of the way, after that is played out I’ll have thino go and try to restore some things on the ship

Currently on Dubai time

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:24 am

I don't think Advantages rolled for Strain recovery can be used for anything, but I'll roll the Medicine check on you next.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:26 am

Also since kal is active on the boards again do we want to ask him to return to the game since we still need a fixer?

Currently on Dubai time

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:31 am

Vesper's down to just 1 Strain with the two boosts added in to the Discipline roll. Moving on to the Rebel soldiers once Thino responds to Vesper's query.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:33 am

Looks like we posted at the same time, Boutrose! I was thinking I'd take care of healing in the old thread, as all the healing would take place before we came out of hyperspace.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:46 am

Boutrose Saba-Norr wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:26 am
Also since kal is active on the boards again do we want to ask him to return to the game since we still need a fixer?
Oona more or less took his place.
SavageBob wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:33 am
Looks like we posted at the same time, Boutrose! I was thinking I'd take care of healing in the old thread, as all the healing would take place before we came out of hyperspace.
I think it is less messy that way. I intend to post about our arrival in the Ison System in a day, or so. You all have your XP to spend.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:53 am

Ok I transferred it to the hoth one, you can delete my other post in Ison ds

Currently on Dubai time

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:56 am

Also I’m away from my desktop right now on vacation with my wife, why I’m not posting very much, I’ll try to manually spend the do in the morning.

Currently on Dubai time

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:01 pm

Nice, I have recovered strain fully.
Spoiler:
A decent roll at last! Here's hoping I can prove a little more effective a force in the next session.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:42 pm

I was going to let Boutrose respond to Vesper, but it looks like others are already migrating to the new threads. Let me post the remaining healing rolls, and we can move on.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:58 pm

So, I just rolled a ridiculous amount of advantage on the two rolls to heal the Rebel soldiers. The first roll didn't heal much, but it left 5 Advantage to reconcile. The second roll was also pretty low on actual healing, but it netted 6 extra advantage and a Triumph.

I know folks are ready to move on, but we need to heal first, so please bear with me. These rolls need to be adjudicated before Vesper tries to heal herself. I was thinking for the 5 extra Advantage, perhaps she finds a couple of spare stimpacks in her physician's kit. Or med-aid patches. Stimpacks would allow her to fully heal up the first Rebel group. (She has stimpacks she can use, but this would be a nice way to not have to resupply them just yet.)

For the 6 Advantages and the Triumph, I'm stumped. Could the Triumph be used to heal a minion's worth of Wounds on the more banged-up group? If not that, I'll take an upgrade to Vesper's next Medicine check, I guess (which will be used to heal herself). For the remaining Advantage, maybe our Imperial captive sees all this healing going on, says something condescending (or appreciative) and accidentally lets slip a bit of intel?

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:06 pm

That is a heck of a lot of advantages, so many I feel like that could lead to something drastically different perhaps? Like one of the soldiers found an artifact in the [not really a] cavern, or one of them might have a brother working at the mining & repair station we're headed to?

DeepSpacer, you got any cool ideas? That many adv+Triumph seems a bit special.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:29 pm

No hurry Savage bob. It might be better to move to the new forum though so we can keep everything in one location.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:51 pm

Yeah, will let DS decide. In a previous post, he seemed to think mop-up healing should be done here so as not to gum up the new post.

I'm open to the Triumph + Advantages leading to something really cool from one of the Rebels or our captive. Upgrading Vesper's next check would be my last resort to use the Triumph.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:58 pm

It wold be cool if you removed a piece of shrapnel that had the rendezvous location on it. Perhaps a data disk got embedded in the soldier at some point. Probably too much to ask, but something along those lines would be really cool.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:43 pm

I have ideas for that Triumph in the advantages. I think I like the idea of the captive Lieutenant having something to say. I'll be thinking of how that might go this afternoon at work.

Yes, try to keep most of the posting in the return to Hoth forums for the moment. I guess I could have locked the new ones, but I didn't think of that.

Don't worry much about posting times, most school kids are off this week and that makes everything a bit off, anyways. I need a little time to come up with some things and you guys have XP to spend.

Duty has exceeded 100. Everyone receives a contribution rank of one. It means that you have more sway With Alliance Personnel. It also makes you more wanted by the Empire. Another benefit of exceeding 100 Duty is receiving a choice piece of equipment, weapon, or gear.

Two ways, I was thinking, to go about that. One, by the book, everyone receive an item of Rarity four, or below. Two, find or receive useful items of Rarity for or less for the ship. This may include PCS combining their choices to get something significantly big or expensive.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:48 pm

SavageBob wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:51 pm
Yeah, will let DS decide. In a previous post, he seemed to think mop-up healing should be done here so as not to gum up the new post.

I'm open to the Triumph + Advantages leading to something really cool from one of the Rebels or our captive. Upgrading Vesper's next check would be my last resort to use the Triumph.
a little bit of extortion in exchange for some healing might be an idea. Or, simple persuasion. Heal first and soften him up, but use the Triumph to upgrade the social checks you make.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:52 pm

BTW, current posts in the IC of the new form are perfectly fine. I like that they are talking to each other. It is certainly appropriate for you. To get to know these strangers and express her gratitude. Carry on!

For the time being, the healing rolls and the items you might want in exchange for Duty can be posted here. As well as any such questions about those things.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:54 pm

DeepSpacer wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:48 pm
a little bit of extortion in exchange for some healing might be an idea. Or, simple persuasion. Heal first and soften him up, but use the Triumph to upgrade the social checks you make.
Oh, I completely forgot the captive was injured. But of course he is. So, there are three things to resolve: 5 Advantage from the first batch of Rebels (I'd still prefer to use that to find a spare stimpack or two, since these Rebels are still pretty bad off).

Then there's the 6 Advantage and the Triumph. Vesper's not the type to withhold medical aid from a captive, so I'm good with using the Triumph to soften him up a bit; perhaps he downgrades his resistance check to our next social check against him? Or would it only be possible to upgrade one of our checks versus him?

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:20 pm

SavageBob wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:54 pm
Then there's the 6 Advantage and the Triumph. Vesper's not the type to withhold medical aid from a captive, so I'm good with using the Triumph to soften him up a bit; perhaps he downgrades his resistance check to our next social check against him? Or would it only be possible to upgrade one of our checks versus him?
Yeah, exactly. I think you might get two upgrades for all of that spent. However, fellow Shipmates may look at your actions differently, so you could do it discreetly.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:19 pm

Wow so a lot has happened since I left, yea so I think it would make more sense for us to deal with cook in the return to both which think was going to do after doing a damage control check which I’ll do in a moment. I think ds said it was 2dif

Currently on Dubai time

Return to “Discussion”