OOC - "Return to Hoth"

Discussions out-of-character (OOC) and Q&A about the game.
Forum rules
ImageUse LSUse DS * Update
Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Re: OOC - "Return to Hoth"

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:39 am

Hey so I just edited the last post to have thino snap some in Pitts face, if ds decides to let us use the advantages to wake him up then I can start in with a charm or something.
Active: Thino Krist Vo Cari Thew'Ruk Turugh’aie’azanon
Inactive: Goran Hownar Edessa

Currently on Dubai time

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:44 am

SavageBob wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:55 am
DS, for the Contribution Rank rewards, can you clarify whether the choice is A) 1 item of Rarity 4 or less for each character and one starship upgrade of Rarity 4 or less, or B) 1 item for each of us or a starship upgrade?
1 item of Rarity 4 or less for each character. A character (like helios) may choose a starship upgrade instead....within reason.

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:18 pm

Hey everyone,

I am thinking about getting my hands on a com jammer or hardened comlink. Both are useful and together they're pretty awesome. (Com Jammers can disrupt comms in a smallish local area. Hardened comlink can send encrypted messages and broadcast planet-wide and planet-orbit. Ultimately, when used together they can disrupt comms in planetwide and in orbit and get +2 success on jamming checks.)

What do you all think?

DS would it be a bit cheesy to find either of those?

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:30 pm

SanguineAngel wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:18 pm
Hey everyone,

I am thinking about getting my hands on a com jammer or hardened comlink. Both are useful and together they're pretty awesome. (Com Jammers can disrupt comms in a smallish local area. Hardened comlink can send encrypted messages and broadcast planet-wide and planet-orbit. Ultimately, when used together they can disrupt comms in planetwide and in orbit and get +2 success on jamming checks.)

What do you all think?

DS would it be a bit cheesy to find either of those?
Either one of those would be really useful. And it would make sense they might be at a Rebel base.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:03 pm

They sound good. Each PC gets one item. Perhaps they were among the stash that was on the repulsor lift, which the soldiers carried in.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:48 pm

Just so it's clear, I'd like to use the 4 Advantage from the last Medicine roll to stir our Imperial captive to consciousness. If that's not OK, let me know, and we'll figure something else out to do with it.

As for Vesper's loot, I intend to upgrade her shock gloves to the backhand shock gloves at some point. The rarity is right, but the price may be more than you'd be willing to grant. If that's not acceptable, she can use more medical supplies: a stash of stimpacks and med-aid patches that we could keep on the ship would be nice so she's not constantly having to go shopping to replace such disposable meds.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:37 pm

The upgrade to those gloves is acceptable. The lieutenant is now awake.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:01 pm

Cool, thanks! Will we be getting credits, too? I am worried about lack of medical supplies, especially when a lot of Vesper's healing talents are going to be devoted to buffing stimpacks.

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:31 pm

lovely, thanks DS. Comm Jammer it is!

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:01 pm

Well thino deals mainly with data gathering, supporting social, and the like, I already have some nice weapons gear, but I may want to get something that can help with slicing, opening doors, or boosting my charm somehow.

I’m going to be increasing computers partially because I need it for one of my talents and also because I’ll be trying to figure out what’s on the data pad, so maybe I’ll get one of those items that improves that.

Also I’m going to be driving home from la for the next 7 hours so I probably won’t be on too much, but I’ll be checking up when my wife is taking a turn at the wheel.

Currently on Dubai time

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:08 pm

So I was looking at things. I was hoping you might let Hell get a forward mounted medium ion cannon (my cheat sheet did not have a rarity so I'm not sure what that is) The price is 6k which may be a little much but its range is short as opposed to close which is essential. (fired from either pilot or co-pilot stations)

Perhaps we could say we get a medium ion cannon installed, but it is damaged and until it is repaired it has the range and damage of a light ion cannon? Or pheraps it has slow firing 1 until repaired. And then the repairs could cost a little more money and mostly time.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:08 am

Will have Vesper do something once Pitts says or does something. She still needs to heal herself, but seems she's become embroiled in dealing with the captive.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:15 am

SavageBob wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:08 am
Will have Vesper do something once Pitts says or does something. She still needs to heal herself, but seems she's become embroiled in dealing with the captive.
And if he lays there staring into space doing and saying nothing?

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:23 am

She'll stare deeply into his eyes longingly... (But she's addressed him; is he ignoring her?)

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:29 am

SavageBob wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:23 am
She'll stare deeply into his eyes longingly... (But she's addressed him; is he ignoring her?)
Just stoic. He's a prisoner of war. Not exactly cheerful or chatty. But not arrogant enough to berate his captors.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:50 am

so i just got home to my desktop and was able to load up oggdudes, for the item we get in return for our duty is it possible for thino to get either a lock breaker or a black ops data breaker?

they are both slightly over the rarity limit, but they are within the price range of 1000, and the black ops data breaker is listed directly in the rebellion core book so could make sense to find it in the base we are heading to.

also for experience, thino bought a rank in computers non career, a rank in charm non career, and a second rank of expert tracker for 10

Currently on Dubai time

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:56 am

@ds for talking to Pitts, do you want me to write the interaction in character and then make the roll or make the roll first

@bob you mentioned boosts before about the interaction do those still apply

also @ds, i see that you have a question mark after 50 carries over for the duty, i personally think it would make sense for any overflow to carry over but its up to you as dm of course.

Currently on Dubai time

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:10 am

Boutrose Saba-Norr wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:56 am
@ds for talking to Pitts, do you want me to write the interaction in character and then make the roll or make the roll first
Depends on what you are trying to do. You trying got Good Cop again? That'd be Charm, then. Your Charm attempt before was a failure with 1 threat. This is the 2nd attempt at this, after his commander was gunned down before him and you(we) stunned him out. Expect an increased difficulty.
also @ds, i see that you have a question mark after 50 carries over for the duty, i personally think it would make sense for any overflow to carry over but its up to you as dm of course.
Not quite decided on that. pretty sure to keep a rollover for the group total.

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:53 am

Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:50 am
so i just got home to my desktop and was able to load up oggdudes, for the item we get in return for our duty is it possible for thino to get either a lock breaker or a black ops data breaker?

they are both slightly over the rarity limit, but they are within the price range of 1000, and the black ops data breaker is listed directly in the rebellion core book so could make sense to find it in the base we are heading to.
Hey Boutrose, if DS doesn't go for those, I noticed you don't have any slicer gear yet (I think). That stuffs 500 credits and rarity 4 and without it any slicing checks are automatically harder so that could be a decent option too (data breaker I think does that same but gives 2 boost also) .

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:07 am

Yea data breaker also acts as a data repository, are spikes not one time uses in this game, I remember they always were in the video games.

Currently on Dubai time

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:37 am

Yeah, I seem to recall that they are and you have to build them yourself but the materials are pretty readily available - like butchering a few datapads and misc electronics equipment. You can usually scrounge parts or buy them outright.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:24 pm

@bob you mentioned boosts before about the interaction do those still apply
Unless DS has changed his mind, you should get two upgrades. If it's Charm, I suppose one of those will be automatically negated? Or maybe you'll roll an extra Red? (I think Oona should probably be doing this bit as our face, but seems SA thought it should be Vesper and Thino.)

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:43 pm

Happy to jump in but I didn't want to steamroll you guys! I'll have Oona hang around IC. She would try and coerce simply down to disliking Pitts in particular. Bourtose, if you'd like me to try my hand, I'm happy to do so. Otherwise I'll just observe until you indicate you'd like my help.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:01 pm

Yeah, sorry, SA -- my comment came off as accusatory, and that's not what I intended! If you think Oona would avoid taking part in this, then by all means, stick with that. I think it's really up to Thino. Would he try to interact with Pitts again, or would he call for help? I think Vesper is still angry that we took him prisoner at all -- jeopardizing our whole mission, in her mind.

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:06 pm

No worries, I'm just conscious that I'm the newcomer. I didn't take it amiss at all. I've positioned Oona on hand for convenience so she can be called in at any point.

Return to “Discussion”