OOC - "Return to Hoth"

Discussions out-of-character (OOC) and Q&A about the game.
Forum rules
ImageUse LSUse DS * Update
swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Re: OOC - "Return to Hoth"

Post by swrider » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:03 pm

You mentioned getting equipment for duty. Is that each individual get a piece of equipment or can ask for one? or is that one as a group?

I for one feel like the ship needs a weapon system that can be fired by the pilot or co-pilot. Hell has a really good gunnery that could have helped if he wasn't piloting in the last encounter.

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:12 pm

If it's straight out of the book and I remember correctly, it's usually a piece of equipment each or a group owned vehicle. price and size up to the GM.

Also, I think we'll need to reset our Duty to 0?

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:15 pm

IIRC the rewards are up to the gm. Duty resets to 0 when it passes 100 but you gain a contribution rank. The equipment is a reward or resource available becuase the alliance values the group.

A group with a contribution rank of 1 may be able to get a couple extra rifles or an extra case of grenades, one with a contribution rank of 50 might be able to pull a capital ship and support fleet to assist with one of their operations.

kanila
Jedi Initiate

Post by kanila » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:17 pm

Too bad the rarity is a 5, an Aft facing concussion missile launcher could be handy.... especially being chased by a TIE swarm.
Achex Rococa, Torax Ubac, Rade Trah, CT-9564 "Doc", Varc Jesk - Jedi, Meddaar Vampor - Monk

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:19 pm

Ah you remind me of the third option "Strategic asset".

I think the Contribution value dictates the rarity of items/vehicles etc. Of course it's all up to the GM anyway and those are guidlines and suggestions in the rulebook. Your suggestion of an upgrade seems just as valid. Good thing we're [hopefully] going to a repair yard!

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:22 pm

SanguineAngel wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:12 pm
If it's straight out of the book and I remember correctly, it's usually a piece of equipment each or a group owned vehicle. price and size up to the GM.

Also, I think we'll need to reset our Duty to 0?
You are correct! And the duty has been sent to zero in the whose turn it is it page.

The third option under Duty is some sort of safe house or Rebel connection, ... Strategic asset...which we are already on our way to doing.

The book says a rarity for or less item for each player. And item of their choice. Even restricted, From my point of view.

Let me get home this evening and see what accessories for ships cost. I certainly don't want each player to get a ship Improvement because those could add up to tens of thousands of credits even if the Rarity is 4 or below. I may likely give players a choice, a rarity for item for themselves or add an item to the ship under XXXX credits in value. That way everyone (Helios) can get something of value to themselves.

The Rarity of the item required is 3 plus the contribution rank of the player.

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:25 pm

bonza!

In the meantime, it's bed time for me. Catch you guys in the morning

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:32 am

The hand scanner should let Vesper know his WT, ST (maybe), and if he has any critical injuries.
I think he only had 4 wounds.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:36 am

so it seems like the last thing to do un the return to hoth is to do the initial interaction between the crew and cooks where cooks is our prisoner. I say that because vesper is patching him up in that thread and it makes sense to try and question him there.

thino just got done doing damage control on the ship which he rolled successfully on and now he'll go to the mess to check on cooks while vesper is patching him up, after that interaction is done i'll write that thino went back to the cockpit to continue assisting with the flight until they got to ison and that should match up the two threads.
Active: Thino Krist Vo Cari Thew'Ruk Turugh’aie’azanon
Inactive: Goran Hownar Edessa

Currently on Dubai time

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:09 am

Yes. I locked the ISON threads. Cooks was gunned down. Lieutenant Pitts is the one taken hostage/captive. He's mellowed out slightly.

Looking at Rarity 4 Ship items, I think they look okay is someone wants to get an improvement individually. Looks like most gear, weapons, or armor are at about 1,000cr or under. Anything but creatures or droids. it will help to note what you have chosen. The items chosen may have significant effect going into the Ison Corridor.

If it isn't too much trouble, it'd be easier for me to see where you spent your XP if each of you noted what was spent. Perhaps in in #2 post under your character sheet, one you can always edit and add the most recent Xp expenditures to? Or, keep a 'Spoiler' on your sheet noting what you buy each time. Either one would help me see what you are investing in, which helps me see what direction your characters are going. It also helps me see that is was, in fact, spent and that I am not waiting on someone to spend theirs. I was under the impressions that it has not been spent yet, but it looks like some/all have already spent it. It's hard to tell without doing some math. As we get further along, it becomes more difficult to tell what changed. Note these Duty items acquired, as well.

something like... date is optional.
4-3-18 - +25xp. purchased rank in streetwise, stealth. 15xp on Toughened.

Has everyone spent the XP?
I guess we'll wait on the items to be chosen. Below is a list of items from the lift. We can say the soldiers carried it aboard the Red Dawn. Your items can be something carried by them individually or something that we can say was also on the lift.
Spoiler:
thermal blankets (2)
long-range comlink (encum 2)
(2) backpacks
(2) military backpacks (one with 3 mods, one with 4...combining them gets to 5 on one.)
(10) extra reloads
(2) Utility Belts
(1) Light Repeating Blaster (encum 7)
1,200 republic credits
(3) Frag Grenades
(1) Blaster Rifles

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:17 am

Vesper bought Natural Doctor for 20 points (which is listed on the second post of her character sheet, which I update as she gains and loses items, Talents, and Skills). I'm hanging onto the extra 10 XP for now; she's a breath away from Dedication, which should be nice to bump up Intellect to 4.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:21 am

SavageBob wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:17 am
Vesper bought Natural Doctor for 20 points (which is listed on the second post of her character sheet, which I update as she gains and loses items, Talents, and Skills). I'm hanging onto the extra 10 XP for now; she's a breath away from Dedication, which should be nice to bump up Intellect to 4.
Ah-ha! That'd be VERY nice to get. Natural Doctor to reroll a Medicine check. That's really nice to have.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:33 am

Yeah, I'll be glad to nab that Dedication and then play around on the tree a bit more!

Pitts should be back to full health, unless you want to impose a second setback die for him being uncooperative or something (I took one for his binders, as it seemed logical that that would interfere with the doctor stuff).

There are 4 more advantages to resolve now. I can take 1 of them for a blue on Vesper's check to heal herself, but then that leaves 3 more. Does Vesper maybe notice something useful on his person?

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:29 am

Haven’t decided yet what I am going to buy with the xp debating on whether I should save some of it, because I’m considering the viability of taking a second speacialization and want to be able to buy talents in it if I do, on the other hand I want to get to reconstruct the scene and introduce a contact as soon as possible and I also want to get a rank in computers and charm so who knows. I’ll think on it more as the conversation between thino and Vesper plays out.

@bob I’m using this as an opportunity for thino to form a connection to Vesper by expressing his view that the republic was a failed government that allowed the empire to form, that the empire is the true successor to the republic, and that what they create in the aftermath has to be better than that lest it suffer the same fate.

Basically he wants to convey that there is no point in idealizing failed systems when the opportunity to create something better exists.

Currently on Dubai time

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:00 am

Ah, DS I have spent my XP now. Listed the spend date in the char sheet and was already itemising the cost.

I ended up sinking a couple extra ranks in coercion. I was tempted by another rank of Intimidate and Scathing Tirade but I'll save those for another time. This will give me an extra dice on coercion checks now so I'm feeling a little more rounded.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:13 pm

Boutrose Saba-Norr wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:29 am
@bob I’m using this as an opportunity for thino to form a connection to Vesper by expressing his view that the republic was a failed government that allowed the empire to form, that the empire is the true successor to the republic, and that what they create in the aftermath has to be better than that lest it suffer the same fate.

Basically he wants to convey that there is no point in idealizing failed systems when the opportunity to create something better exists.
Yeah, it's a worthwhile discussion, but Vesper's not comfortable having it in front of our captive. I think he may respond anyway, since we have a boatload of Triumphs and Advantages to use against him.

Might be worth Thino or Oona interacting with him rather than Vesper. I'm not sure what information we want out of him, though.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:46 pm

Oh I didn’t know that he had woken up yet, well we’ll have a chance for that conversation later then.

Currently on Dubai time

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:54 pm

Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:46 pm
Oh I didn’t know that he had woken up yet, well we’ll have a chance for that conversation later then.
Oh, I forgot we'd knocked him out! DS can hopefully let us know.

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:57 pm

Happy to help out if needed, otherwise I was going to leave vesper and thino to it, don't want to intrude where it seems like you two have a good thing going

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:32 pm

Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:25 pm
Thino moves in closer to the lieutenant, “is he awake already? I thought I stunned him pretty good”
I guess maybe we did stun him. I wasn't sure. He may not be up for a while. Maybe Vesper's healing would help. The advantages relieving stun, otherwise you only heal physical wounds and the stun keeps him out longer. I know, Rivals only have one category (WT), but it makes sense to have it split for this purpose.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:48 pm

DeepSpacer wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:32 pm
Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:25 pm
Thino moves in closer to the lieutenant, “is he awake already? I thought I stunned him pretty good”
I guess maybe we did stun him. I wasn't sure. He may not be up for a while. Maybe Vesper's healing would help. The advantages relieving stun, otherwise you only heal physical wounds and the stun keeps him out longer. I know, Rivals only have one category (WT), but it makes sense to have it split for this purpose.
He’s only a rival, this whole time I’ve been thinking he was a nemesis. But if that’s the case then thino will try to carry on the conversation with Vesper, maybe I can do anoerception check to make sure he’s still out?

Currently on Dubai time

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:38 am

I'd rather he come to using the 4 Advantage, so we can use the other Triumph and advantages on him to get him to talk a bit more. Whoever makes the next roll against him gets two upgrades, so might as well use them now, while he's still groggy.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:40 am

Spoiler:
Helios; Uprising; Cool:
1 Success, 6 Advantages

ImageImageImageImage
So I recover 1 strain. What can I use the 6 advantages on?

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:25 am

swrider wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:40 am
Spoiler:
Helios; Uprising; Cool:
1 Success, 6 Advantages
ImageImageImageImage
So I recover 1 strain. What can I use the 6 advantages on?
Unfortunately, advantages on Cool checks aren't good for anything. :( Maybe you have a real trippy dream while you rest.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:55 am

DS, for the Contribution Rank rewards, can you clarify whether the choice is A) 1 item of Rarity 4 or less for each character and one starship upgrade of Rarity 4 or less, or B) 1 item for each of us or a starship upgrade?

Return to “Discussion”