UPRISING OOC

Discussions out-of-character (OOC) and Q&A about the game.
Forum rules
ImageUse LSUse DS * Update
DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Re: UPRISING OOC

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:53 am

Matt Skywalker wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:00 pm
! Man!!!
You recall some trivial knowledge about the Anoat Sector, perhaps that it was once inhabited by the Mugaari and the Republic annexed and forced out the Mugaari from the Anoat Sector. That may or may not be woven into something you can use. Otherwise, it is trivial.

I'm not so sure the way you pitch it to him is exactly how the Empire operates, but it seems to be convincing enough.

For the moment, your conversation is interrupted. More important things are at hand.

The 'Threats' are accounted for and will be revealed shortly.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:59 am

Can I regain 1 Strain from the Advantage? Vesper feels calm, in her element...
Rather, you give a boost the the next social interaction the group takes (for the good deed to a citizen of Mexeluine.) That seems to fit better. Strain probably won't matter so much from this point on. Still, everyone can attempt strain recovery. End of structured time.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:12 am

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:19 pm

I have the worst luck on rolls for strain recovery.

Vesper Reshari; Uprising; Discipline (strain recovery):
1 Success, 3 Advantages

ImageImageImage

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:41 pm

Too bad that FFG Star Wars seems to have no quick fix for recovering strain. Just bed rest, or a Medicine check with lots of advantages. Lanna's still suffering lingering effects of being stunned.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Weekend

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:57 pm

I will be away for the weekend Sunday through Tuesday. I'll get limited access while away and check in as much as I can.

Unless we get ourselves into a scuffle, there shouldn't be any combat until the next break point. If we play right, that could be soon. Or, we could chance it into the city on our own. I anticipate doling out XP, duty, and healing of strain after we make good on our deal for the Alliance to acquire the necessary goods. We could easily rest an evening before doing business. A complimentary stay from Marax for our troubles. It's up to the PC's. An evening's stay could also give the PC's time to discuss strategy among themselves. Such a request for rest could be brought up in conversation.

Also up to the PC's is the conversation between this new Ronin character and what they choose and don't choose to reveal to Marax and him. Regardless, I have a GM plan to bring it together, but PC's should feel free to act in-character. Kettel is surveying the situation and acting cautiously.

Points of order...
> Kzar will reduce wounds form Vesper's assisted medicine check. Then, -1 wound per night of rest.
> All strain (for all PC's) relieved with a night of rest.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:02 pm

Playing the Wookiee, who's just a bodyguard to Kettel and company, I'll have no spoken IC contributions. Lanna will offer no opinions or comments. She'll just maintain a wary eye on her surroundings, wherever we are. She'll also stoically pretend not to be as "tired" (stressed) as she actually is.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:00 pm

Seems like we may have lost Kal Drahr for the holidays (hopefully just for the holidays!). If Lanna's to be silent, I'd rather not have Vesper play de facto face with Matt and the GM, so maybe we should wait till Kal comes back to proceed?

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:28 pm

Kal was only checking in every 2 days before the holidays, and even then he was barely participating. His last login was on Wednesday (27th).

DeepSpacer, our GM, is (more or less) away from his computer until Tuesday (or thereabouts).

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:18 pm

Feel free to speak in conversation as your character would, as a character. Only if a PC makes a specific request/offer would a skill check come into play. The wealthy merchant/Noble template isn't anything especially difficult.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:44 pm

Vesper will join the others in a moment; she's going somewhere with her small talk with the Ithorian healer.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:35 pm

@Deep: can you please select colors that have good contrast against the background? Your posts #108 and #110 in the IC are very, very hard for me to read.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:03 pm

ShadoWarrior wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:35 pm
@Deep: can you please select colors that have good contrast against the background? Your posts #108 and #110 in the IC are very, very hard for me to read.i
no problem. Experiemnting to have different npcs with diff colors, but not going too light. Thanks for the feedback. Will try something darker.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:21 pm

Vesper's legitimately interested in the Ithorian's practice, but she's also wondering if she might 1) supplement her emergency medkit with some other materials (making it functionally equivalent to the Physician's Kit from the F&D core rulebook), or 2) learn where she and the others might go to get some medical supplies for the Rebellion. Or both.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:53 am

SavageBob wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:21 pm
Vesper's legitimately interested in the Ithorian's practice, but she's also wondering if she might 1) supplement her emergency medkit with some other materials (making it functionally equivalent to the Physician's Kit from the F&D core rulebook), or 2) learn where she and the others might go to get some medical supplies for the Rebellion. Or both.
Both quite possible. Good ideas! I will ponder on them until tomorrow. It is late now. ;)

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:20 pm

hi guys, saw a thread that said this game could use some more players, just trying to get a feel for what would be needed if a new character was to join, i'd love to participate if y'all would be willing to have me and i can find a way to mesh well with what you already have going.
Active: Thino Krist Vo Cari Thew'Ruk Turugh’aie’azanon
Inactive: Goran Hownar Edessa

Currently on Dubai time

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:26 am

SavageBob wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:21 pm
I sense a desire to dance around topics rather than asking direct questions! To get what you want, you'll have to ask!

I am always in the habit of letting players go for what they want, within reason. A Physician's Kit is only 300cr more than what you have (375cr with trade-in value, not factoring in Negotiation check). Only Rarity 2, rather commonplace. Sure, you could purchase one easily enough...perhaps from Muhmed since he likely has one on-hand. It might be a better RP contact to trade out and develop a trusting rapport with him (perhaps for future supply runs).

I see two options (but feel free to suggest more).
1) Charm: complimentary dialog, a "donation" of credits to his business/clinic, etc... might entice him to trade out a few things to upgrade your kit. The kits don't look drastically different. Still, there'd be some costs. Failures or threats would worsen it. Successes or Advantages would make it better.
2) Credits Talk: Negotiation for item. Talking business. Trade-in.

Both checks would get +1 Boost for relating to him in the medical field already. Both difficulties is 2 Purple. Both of your skills are GG, so it's only a matter of 'how' you'd like to do it. Does Vesper warm up to people and develop relationships or does she keep things at a professional-only level?

Either way, you'll have to ask and make a check. ;)

Asking to purchase bulk supplies? That'd take more directness, as well.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:55 am

Boutrose Saba-Norr wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:20 pm
hi guys, saw a thread that said this game could use some more players, just trying to get a feel for what would be needed if a new character was to join, i'd love to participate if y'all would be willing to have me and i can find a way to mesh well with what you already have going.
Welcome!

I can fit in one more, sure. As a GM, I don't mind some overlap, duplication, or generalist character-concept groups. My opinion is that two people can play diametrically opposed versions of the same career character and make it work based on playing style and character background. That works in my live group, but probably not here. I think other players would prefer that you fill a void.

That said, skills such as Astrogation, Computers, Piloting, and Mechanics are lacking. I think you see an INT deficit, eh?. The Diplomat has knowledge skills within his career. A Soldier-Medic has the Medicine skill. Another Soldier-Commando has Brawn covered. A Smuggler-Gunslinger has some good balance.

Additionally, this is for characters who will be with the Rebellion (for whatever reason). Anything from the standard Alliance recruit to the Han Solo type who just happens to be sticking around for a time.

Suggestions would be:
> Technician (EotE): Any Type
> Bounty Hunter (EotE): Operator

Please create a new "Topic" Character Concept Thread. It is where we can have further discussions outside of the gaming thread..

Kal Drahr
Scruffy-looking Nerf-herder

Post by Kal Drahr » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:52 pm

Well, I'm back.I should be able to check in every day now, thanks for the stimpack Savage.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:02 pm

DeepSpacer wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:26 am
I sense a desire to dance around topics rather than asking direct questions! To get what you want, you'll have to ask!
No, no! Just RP. Vesper's not so crass as to outright ask about buying or trading medical equipment without first establishing a rapport, especially with a non-human healer. She's still haunted by the memory of her non-human teammates being dragged away by the Empire while she did nothing.
DeepSpacer wrote:
I am always in the habit of letting players go for what they want, within reason. A Physician's Kit is only 300cr more than what you have (375cr with trade-in value, not factoring in Negotiation check). Only Rarity 2, rather commonplace. Sure, you could purchase one easily enough...perhaps from Muhmed since he likely has one on-hand. It might be a better RP contact to trade out and develop a trusting rapport with him (perhaps for future supply runs).

I see two options (but feel free to suggest more).
1) Charm: complimentary dialog, a "donation" of credits to his business/clinic, etc... might entice him to trade out a few things to upgrade your kit. The kits don't look drastically different. Still, there'd be some costs. Failures or threats would worsen it. Successes or Advantages would make it better.
2) Credits Talk: Negotiation for item. Talking business. Trade-in.

Both checks would get +1 Boost for relating to him in the medical field already. Both difficulties is 2 Purple. Both of your skills are GG, so it's only a matter of 'how' you'd like to do it. Does Vesper warm up to people and develop relationships or does she keep things at a professional-only level?

Either way, you'll have to ask and make a check. ;)
I was kind of thinking Negotiation would be the way to go, but only after first establishing a rapport and showing interest in his practice. That accounts for the boost die, so thanks. In other words, I'm thinking a hybrid of 1) and 2). But since the two rolls will be identical, we can call it Charm if you think that fits better. I'll put the roll in the IC so it's all together.
DeepSpacer wrote:
Asking to purchase bulk supplies? That'd take more directness, as well.
We'll cross that bridge after the initial swap is proposed!

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:59 am

Sorry for not having the character concept updated for my guy yet, been talking with deep spacer in the private chat and got most of it done on oggdudes, and will have it up soon, was mainly focussed on getting the concept up for DRS since i was holding up the game.

Currently on Dubai time

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:52 am

character is updated and should be ready to go, just got to describe his duty and motivation

Currently on Dubai time

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:37 pm

Boutrose Saba-Norr wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:59 am
Sorry for not having the character concept updated for my guy yet, been talking with deep spacer in the private chat and got most of it done on oggdudes, and will have it up soon, was mainly focussed on getting the concept up for DRS since i was holding up the game.
I appreciate your efforts to get into the games. :D :D :D

East Coast is on lockdown with the snow and cold temps, making my weekend one for watching TV and gaming. :D

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:43 pm

I'll take whatever makes you more responsive on the board. :P

I'm sitting here at Wendy's because it's a lot warmer than the library (which shuts down their heating system at night so it's frigging freezing inside come the next morning).

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:55 am

Do I have permission to post in the story? I looked in just now and saw that my character has been introduced but I haven’t been given the go ahead to post it in the dramtis personae section yet so I’m unsure if I should respond.

Currently on Dubai time

Return to “Discussion”