UPRISING OOC

Discussions out-of-character (OOC) and Q&A about the game.
Forum rules
ImageUse LSUse DS * Update
DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Re: UPRISING OOC

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:12 am

Matt Skywalker wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:24 pm
Ronin sees veiled insults everywhere. It has nothing to do with you guys. Though he has good reasons since you all keep saying that I'm too rash.
Being a Diplomat/Agitator doesn't mean you have to agitate everyone you come in contact with. :D :D

It seems that Ronin has a "balls-to-the-wall" approach to things. He WAS rather persistent with Marax, along with a serious and fatalistic tone (i.e. that Marax should do something now before it's too late.) He pushes and pushes, wanting to recruit (his Duty) and grow the Rebellion. Nothing wrong with that. Just keep in mind that brashness can also push people away, which defeats his purpose. But he rolled a heck of a Charm check with Marax. I think, in my opinion, that such a character would understand his own faults (to an extent) and see that he might have to reign himself in from time to time in order to succeed. It makes him 'complicated'. What do you think, @Matt?
"How is it that YOU have been on the wrong end?"
Might be a good opportunity to share Ronin's background or at least justify his urgency to complete "the mission" he's repeated twice. Sometimes when you recruit people telling them how bad the Empire is, you may need to explain it to them from personal experience. It might be worth a boost die here or there. ;) I have an idea in place for how to get the PC's together, regardless, but it'd be nice to have them gel together a bit more before resorting to that option. :D

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:48 am

Boutrose Saba-Norr wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:26 pm
“I don’t share some idealized view of the Republic that the Empire grew out of, and I don’t know if your organization will do a better job than the Empire if you should succeed in overthrowing it, but I’d rather be close by to make sure that it does.”
Thino doesn't know Vesper's organization. But, maybe he is addressing Ronin???

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:52 am

Ahh I should change that to say the rebellion

It is edited now to say the rebellion.
Active: Thino Krist Vo Cari Thew'Ruk Turugh’aie’azanon
Inactive: Goran Hownar Edessa

Currently on Dubai time

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:50 pm

Lest Matt think Vesper is insulting Ronin here, she's not. She just wants to know who Marax is and why Ronin feels comfortable with him. (Our group of characters are understandably sheepish about being Rebels. If we get caught, we could potentially compromise the entire Rebel base on Hoth.)

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:06 pm

That is fair ( the part about being sheepish that is), I’m starting to imagine ronin as being much more similar to Forest Whitaker’s character from rogue one, more nomadic and small group, even having the similar backstory of familial loss and imprisonment. But this is just the impression I’ve gotten so far, I could obviously be wrong, but this is why I’m thinking that ronin would have less need for caution.

Currently on Dubai time

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:06 am

Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:06 pm
That is fair ( the part about being sheepish that is), I’m starting to imagine ronin as being much more similar to Forest Whitaker’s character from rogue one, more nomadic and small group, even having the similar backstory of familial loss and imprisonment. But this is just the impression I’ve gotten so far, I could obviously be wrong, but this is why I’m thinking that ronin would have less need for caution.
I also find it easier to relate a character to a familiar actor's role. I often need to model a PC of mine after such a story character. ;)

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:10 am

I also had in mind some backgrounds of PC's for the conversation. This is an opportunity to put them to use. Some may be more mysterious and secretive than others, but that's the character playing out. I don't expect everyone to sit in a circle and tell their sob-story. Some characters are cautious, some are more risk-takers. Interesting to see it play out! :)

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:24 am

I based the character of Thino on a short story I wrote a while ago about a do-gooder bounty hunter, so it was really easy to find his voice.

Currently on Dubai time

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:25 am

I'm having a hard time not seeing Vesper as Rosario Dawson's Claire from all the Netflix Marvel shows. But that's not so bad.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:38 am

SavageBob wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:25 am
I'm having a hard time not seeing Vesper as Rosario Dawson's Claire from all the Netflix Marvel shows.
I cool with that. :D

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:44 pm

Matt Skywalker wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:56 pm
I did when I said that was reasonable
Hey, Matt! I think we're waiting on you again to tell us what you know about Marax and why you trust him.

Matt Skywalker
Scoundrel

Post by Matt Skywalker » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:07 pm

Okay, what is them mission deep? Is it just to recruit the guy
I solemnly swear that I am up to no good

Matt Skywalker
Scoundrel

Post by Matt Skywalker » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:13 pm

Hello

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:02 pm

Hey Matt don’t know why things are so quiet here, I think the players are seeking clarification because anyone would want to know what someone means by the mission if all they are doing is being non-descript.

If you want I can have Thino give the further description since ronin prefers to be brief

Currently on Dubai time

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:59 am

It sounds like Matt's not sure what the mission is! :) DS will hopefully chime in, but if Thino knows the mission, that could work, too.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:44 am

well the mission for you guys is to gather supplies without being detected, i suppose the mission that Thino and ronin was to recruit support for their specific rebel faction, since the way that deep explained it to me was that ronin might not even be aware of the unification of the disparate rebel factions into the alliance immediately preceding the destruction of the death star.

alternatively ronin could be talking generally about the mission to bring down the empire, which is what i interpreted him to be saying from reading it, if we could get some clarification from matt as to which was his intention, or i could have thino interject something to speed things along?

Currently on Dubai time

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:23 am

Apologies, all. Wifi on my trip has been eratic. I promise to do the best I can. Yes, just giving you all a chance to dialogue. Play out sensabilities. Will try to post now. IC.

Matt Skywalker
Scoundrel

Post by Matt Skywalker » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:48 pm

I thought the mission was to recruit(and yes the overall mission in mind) but I wasn't sure

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:28 am

Matt Skywalker wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:48 pm
I thought the mission was to recruit(and yes the overall mission in mind) but I wasn't sure
What would be better recruitment than to unite (possibly) two disparate segments of the rebel effort? You may receive a medal! ;). Anyways, I sent that as part of Recruitment. i.e. grow the Rebellion, unite, add to the numbers, etc.... Perhaps a bit broader than 1-on-1 recruitment.

Perhaps Ronin is somewhat disagreeable at times alike a certain Han Solo character, eh?

Matt Skywalker
Scoundrel

Post by Matt Skywalker » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:38 pm

Hello hello hello hello(Echoes continually)

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:59 pm

Hey hey, I’ve also been waiting for something to happen, haven’t gotten any notification for days.

Currently on Dubai time

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:35 pm

Matt Skywalker wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:38 pm
Hello hello hello hello(Echoes continually)
Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:59 pm
Hey hey, I’ve also been waiting for something to happen, haven’t gotten any notification for days.
Hi all. I left a message in the Cantina / real-life forum that I was going to be without wifi for the majority of days through Jan 31st. Traveling, overseas. They have crappy. I don't supppose the Cantina forum give you all a notification notice, does it? My apologies.

I have info to move on to in the IC and just need the time to post things. The last 2-3 days I had almost zero wifi. Ugh....

I intend to Dole out some XP & Duty and then jump us into the Return to Hoth trip. Thanks for your patience. I get back to the US the evening of the 31st. :D

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:35 pm

DeepSpacer wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:35 pm
I have info to move on to in the IC and just need the time to post things. The last 2-3 days I had almost zero wifi. Ugh....

I intend to Dole out some XP & Duty and then jump us into the Return to Hoth trip. Thanks for your patience. I get back to the US the evening of the 31st. :D
I know the feeling. Safe travels back to the States!

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:34 pm

Hey guys I am also going to be out this weekend without much ability to get on since I am preparing for a funeral this Sunday. Will still try to get on some though.

Currently on Dubai time

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:02 am

Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:34 pm
Hey guys I am also going to be out this weekend without much ability to get on since I am preparing for a funeral this Sunday. Will still try to get on some though.
Sorry to hear about that. I appreciate your efforts to stay in touch. Looks like several people have some things going on. We'll manage and hit full stride in a few days. :)

Return to “Discussion”