UPRISING OOC

Discussions out-of-character (OOC) and Q&A about the game.
Forum rules
ImageUse LSUse DS * Update
DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Re: UPRISING OOC (Echo Base)

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:44 am

ShadoWarrior wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:06 am
Holiday is past. What are we waiting on now?
Onward we go!

Svae Voe should decide before we get too far whether to take on the Ion Turbine or the Advanced Targeting Array. As stated in IC, the Turbine would take a few hours to install on the engines while the Targeting Array would take but an hour. You could install BOTH. The ATA has several possible mods, which could eat up a lot of time during the trip.

Kzar has a few moddable items, but it is up to him to role-play that out if he intends it to be done before reaching Mexeluine. PC time & talent is limited during our relatively short trip, as PC's need to rest, as well.

**Colleges should be in until about mid-month. Let's just hope it's a temporary holiday lag. It took the better part of Monday and Tuesday for me to get back into routine life. :D

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:47 am

Voe is played by our missing player. She won't be deciding anything while the player is neglecting to even log in to this board.

Kal Drahr
Scruffy-looking Nerf-herder

Post by Kal Drahr » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:26 am

School is back in session here in the good old US of A so Stenu might be dealing with a pile of school.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:49 pm

He's had 3 full days this week to log in. No one is so busy that they don't have a minute or two to spare.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:59 pm

FWIW, I suspect the problem is exactly opposite: Stneu mentioned being swamped with school, but should now be on break. My guess is Battlefront or some other distraction has taken hold. :) At any rate, will leave it to the GM to decide how to proceed. Wait it out a few more days? Make Voe an NPC for the time being? Create some narrative reason why her ship's not operable after all, so we have to borrow one?

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

adjusting...

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:41 am

Well, given a choice between sitting still and moving on, I nearly always choose to move on and make adjustments. And I am probably a few days late on that. Sorry, guys. That'll involve taking out things I expected for (now) unavailable PC's and moving on towards things for those that which are here. We might lose some continuity, and to be honest, it took a little time to adjust to what "can" be done and what "cannot" be done as I intended.

With the recent IC posts I made, keep in mind that we all (Captain Kettel included) are experiencing Mexeluine for the first time. Our mission is to deal our load of power cells and micro generators (and credits) for the various goods listed on Kettel's datapad (including medical supplies, rations, etc...). I should work on a complete list tonight.

Mindless
Womp Rat

Post by Mindless » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:15 am

Hello. I am new here, and would like to find my way into the story at some point in time. This would be my first PbP, so I apologize in advance if I take some time adjusting from IRL experience.

I have read all of the IC and OOC posts, and would like to work with DS to create a character that could fit the story.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:26 am

Mindless wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:15 am
Hello. I am new here, and would like to find my way into the story at some point in time. This would be my first PbP, so I apologize in advance if I take some time adjusting from IRL experience.
I have read all of the IC and OOC posts, and would like to work with DS to create a character that could fit the story.
I will send you a private message regarding what options would fit well. Glad to have you aboard! One player recently had some RL things that have taken him away from gaming for a while (hopefully brief), the other player has not been heard from in some time. I'll try to get that message off soon.

You should make a login with the Dice Roller and try a roll or two. It produces a small, gray box with text under the results. You copy the text and paste it in a posting.

Mindless
Womp Rat

Post by Mindless » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:58 am

I have received your private messages, though I lack the ability to reply. I am not authorized to compose private messages on this website.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:22 pm

Mindless wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:58 am
I have received your private messages, though I lack the ability to reply. I am not authorized to compose private messages on this website.
Ah! An Admin has to check or uncheck a box, it seems. I am sure they will look into it shortly (today).

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:30 pm

DeepSpacer wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:22 pm
Mindless wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:58 am
Ah! An Admin has to check or uncheck a box, it seems. I am sure they will look into it shortly (today).
Done.

Kal Drahr

Re: The Guards

Post by Kal Drahr » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:32 am

Can I make a perception check to see what bothered the guards?

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Re: The Guards

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:57 am

Kal Drahr wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:32 am
Can I make a perception check to see what bothered the guards?
No roll necessary. Kzar wanted to know about rebels amongst people where rebels are not something commonly talked about (the conflict is not influencing life here......yet!). It was somewhat out-of-place, you suspect. However, Kzar may certainly inquire to the humans why talking about Rebels caught their attention for a moment. If you engage them in conversation, then you may make an Average (2 Diff + Boost) Perception check to pick up on something in the way they react.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:51 pm

DS, any status updates? We waiting on Mindless?

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:10 am

SavageBob wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:51 pm
DS, any status updates? We waiting on Mindless?
Been exchanging messages. I think we've got it. I need to get some (more) background information to him. Names and NPC's, mostly.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:33 am

What's the hold-up? Over 48 hours without a post from anyone, including the GM.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:42 pm

Will get something up this evening as I get home from a weekend trip. We go another step while Mindless finishes his pc. He'll just miss some xp, thats all.

Kal Drahr

Post by Kal Drahr » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:05 pm

Sorry, spotty internet.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:32 pm

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:25 pm

Just curious: What were the two setbacks for? Might be narratively important, since it led to one of Vesper's 2 Threats.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:43 pm

At a guess, crowds and complicated terrain makes it hard to spot stuff. Not sure why Lanna got a third one on her first check, unless he's inflicting a setback for being in an urban environment, which I shouldn't get on top of the other SB I'm probably already getting for it being complicated terrain. Or he's taking her backstory into account and penalizing me for being caged for twenty some odd years and rusty at being outdoors. Dunno, and don't really care as it doesn't change anything as far as the results I rolled.

Kal Drahr

Post by Kal Drahr » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:52 pm

: 2eP+2eD+2eS 3 failures, 1 advantage, 1 Triumph
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
On the bright side I got a Triumph. But I have no idea on what to use it.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:59 pm

Kal Drahr wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:52 pm
On the bright side I got a Triumph. But I have no idea on what to use it.
Per the book: "Notice details that can be useful later to gain boost on future interactions with noticed object." You fail to notice the target, but once you become aware of it you'll have a boost on checks against it.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

perception...

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:00 am

Crowds, noise, subtleness, distance....they all account for various setback dice. At this point, no one has Talents that remove such SB dice. Lanna's extra die for the first check was for something at a longer distance. A 'rival' species who took notice of you from a distance. I figured you'd have a chance to notice something like that.

I will go with the "guarding the ship" option when it comes to inactive PC's. I have little interest in running extra PC's when I don't have to. I'll 'nerf' the encounter appropriately.

Cpt. Jameis Kettel Perception:
NPC Jameis Kettel; UPRISING; perception check:
0 Success, 0 Advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:07 am

Return to “Discussion”