OOC - "The Ison Corridor"

Discussions out-of-character (OOC) and Q&A about the game.
Forum rules
ImageUse LSUse DS * Update
DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Re: OOC - "The Ison Corridor"

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:52 pm

swrider wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:16 pm
Just when you think the dice roller hate you... it comes through. NICE ROLL!
Cool! Many things I put out there and then have plans either way. I try not to put campaign-essential information at the mercy of a do-or-die dice roll. I'll have the info come forth shortly.

Yes, it would have exploded (self-destructed) on a failed roll. Pocket Attache is the name of the item.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:24 pm

DS, do we have spare changes of clothes for the Rebels (and potentially Oona) who just came from Hoth? Of course, we have our Imperial captive on board, so if we get boarded, we're SOL, but we might want to hide anything that explicitly ties us to the Alliance.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:00 pm

SavageBob wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:24 pm
DS, do we have spare changes of clothes for the Rebels (and potentially Oona) who just came from Hoth? Of course, we have our Imperial captive on board, so if we get boarded, we're SOL, but we might want to hide anything that explicitly ties us to the Alliance.
I would think that there may be SOMETHING to wear. Standard clothes, no Soak value, though.

The station personnel may or may not care if you have an Imperial prisoner. You have NO idea what the attitude or loyalty is here.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:01 pm

DeepSpacer wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:00 pm

The station personnel may or may not care if you have an Imperial prisoner. You have NO idea what the attitude or loyalty is here.
Right. All the better reason to play it safe!

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:01 pm

DeepSpacer wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:00 pm

Right. All the better reason to play it safe!

@SanguineAngel, is Oona in Rebel gear?

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:05 pm

@DeepSpacer that's a juicy post!

Oona would definitely be in rebel gear. Would you allow her to simply remove hear jacket? Or would you reckon a downgrade from heavy clothing like the other troops?

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:26 pm

SanguineAngel wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:05 pm
High risk, High reward. A lot of players never (or hesitate) to try the hard stuff. It could have all blow up in your face...literally. Tasty tidbits, but need to see what players can do about it. Not much a single, heavily-damaged ship can do on their own.
SanguineAngel wrote:
Oona would definitely be in rebel gear. Would you allow her to simply remove hear jacket? Or would you reckon a downgrade from heavy clothing like the other troops?
The jacket, I guess, would have the insignia. Going with 'heavy clothing' would suffice.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:07 pm

SanguineAngel wrote:

Vesper probably has a spare set of clothes, though they wouldn't provide any Soak, probably. They may be a bit baggy on Oona, though, thanks to Vesper's 3 Brawn.

By the way, @DeepSpacer, Vesper should be at 0/13 Wounds now thanks to a stim. :)
Last edited by SavageBob on Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:36 pm

I noticed that today and was going to ask you that. Thanks.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:07 pm

I'm drawing a blank here: Did we know someone at this station we're supposed to be meeting up with? I don't know that we have the cash for repairs to the ship, as they're very expensive per the RAW.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:06 am

SavageBob wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:07 pm
I'm drawing a blank here: Did we know someone at this station we're supposed to be meeting up with? I don't know that we have the cash for repairs to the ship, as they're very expensive per the RAW.
The Red Dawn is damaged, low on fuel, and has a struggling life support systems. This was the nearest place (similar to Han finding Bespin out in the middle of nowhere....(Leia) "Anoat System? There's not much there."). Regarding cash, you have a ship full of cargo and some items. I rather go with the 'macro' with regards to value rather than tedious bean-counting of every credit. Needless to say, the ability to Negotiate looks to be quite valuable on this trip. ;)
Spoiler:
DeepSpacer wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:27 am
The trip through the Ison Corridor will take a few hours, just long enough to partially recover from your recent experience. The Ison System is what would be considered the "next" system south of Hoth. Of more concern is some of the system warnings from The Red Dawn's computer indicating that the fuel is running low and the life support capacities are strained. The ship was not able to refuel while upon Hoth and we're slightly overloaded with passengers. You will need to stop soon to address those problems, as well as get repairs the the ship's hull. You hope that the mining and repair station Cpt. Kettel referred to is still in operation and able (or willing) to assist. He informs you that the Alliance forces passed by it on its way to the Hoth System, they did not stop or do business there. It stuck out in his mind simply because it was the only waypoint for many days along the corridor.
Spoiler:
As the Red Dawn is ascending through the atmosphere, Captain Kettel makes a suggestion."Some of you weren't here when the Alliance was driven from Thila Base. During the journey we traveled through a little-used trade passage called the "Ison Corridor". It's a cold, desolate system with an asteroid belt. It has 'whisps' of unstable nebula running across it, making it risky for common travelers. In a few centuries, it won't even be passable. But....it might be our best bet to get lost for a while. There's a small mining & repair station there."

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:24 am

Ah, yes! We do have a cargo! So I think our best bet is to identify either a merchant or some mining baron on this station.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:26 am

Just had Vesper ask about repairs (in her typical "I'm not used to interacting with non-Humans" way).

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:48 am

so @DeepSpacer something I wanted to ask about, one of the things you said was on the datapad was that there was a fuel depot in the area that isn't mentioned by name, is this it?
Active: Thino Krist Vo Cari Thew'Ruk Turugh’aie’azanon
Inactive: Goran Hownar Edessa

Currently on Dubai time

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:18 am

Boutrose Saba-Norr wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:48 am
so @DeepSpacer something I wanted to ask about, one of the things you said was on the datapad was that there was a fuel depot in the area that isn't mentioned by name, is this it?
@boutroseIt's there. "Ione". Different than Ison. You could make a Knowledge: Outer Rim check (DD+SS)

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:21 am

SanguineAngel wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:18 am
[OOC: @DeepSpacer Could I make a knowledge roll to see if I recognise anything about these guards? It sounds like a relatively distinctive look.]
They are, indeed, 'distinct'. Something not see this far into the galaxy. (Really, I saw a cool pic and made up a background.) 4Diff+S

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:10 pm

superb, thanks. I've done the roll and mirraculously succeeded. I'm not done with Overseer Henso just yet either - It's my intention to ask about someone or somewher to sell our goods to too but I wanted to wait and see if knowledge of the guards is likely to give me an insight here.

(Is that piece of art your own by the by?)

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:27 pm

One of my mindless habits is to browse and download SW pics of all kinds. I keep a broad reservoir of all types. Quite often the picture inspires a story. I never did find a space station to my satisfaction.

The 'guards' are some fanatical mercenaries from beyond the rim like those blue-skinned, red-eyed Chiss you've heard of. Called (let's say) Jannisaries. Cold, impersonal, fanatically loyal.....to the credit stick. They follow a fanatical, deified leader. (1 success, 2 threats)

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:45 pm

Just checking in to let people know I'm following along. Hell is remaining silent and watching since other PCs are taking the lead. He is interested in the well fare of the ship and crew, but having been in many illicit stations knows to keep an eye out for the ship.

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:07 pm

DeepSpacer wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:27 pm
One of my mindless habits is to browse and download SW pics of all kinds. I keep a broad reservoir of all types. Quite often the picture inspires a story. I never did find a space station to my satisfaction.
A good habit! Though I was prepared to be impressed by a really passable Duros with character in a fantastically short period of time.
DeepSpacer wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:27 pm
The 'guards' are some fanatical mercenaries from beyond the rim like those blue-skinned, red-eyed Chiss you've heard of. Called (let's say) Jannisaries. Cold, impersonal, fanatically loyal.....to the credit stick. They follow a fanatical, deified leader. (1 success, 2 threats)
Awesome, so we should be aware that there is likely someone in charge around here with a semi-cult following.
swrider wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:45 pm
Just checking in to let people know I'm following along. Hell is remaining silent and watching since other PCs are taking the lead. He is interested in the well fare of the ship and crew, but having been in many illicit stations knows to keep an eye out for the ship.
I, for one, appreciate your cynical paranoia!

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:19 pm

The most paranoid players are GMs themselves :). No I can see as player that having something happen to the ship at this time would probably not add to the story and therefore is not likely to happen. It also wouldn't be good for the station. They don't want to drive away business or draw the attention of the imperials. So the ship is probably fine.

However, my PC, is the pilot/owner of the ship. It would be his baby and he would be cautious with it always.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:24 pm

Oh wow you guys posted a lot this morning, I’ll try to respond as soon as I can.

Currently on Dubai time

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:29 pm

Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:24 pm
Oh wow you guys posted a lot this morning, I’ll try to respond as soon as I can.
No Rush. I had gotten up extra early this morning to take care of some things. I usually wouldn't get around to things until the evening.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:41 am

DeepSpacer wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:18 am
Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:48 am
@boutroseIt's there. "Ione". Different than Ison. You could make a Knowledge: Outer Rim check (DD+SS)
oh, lol, when i read that the thing was on lone i read it as loan as if they were temporarily using it. ill make the check and try to engage this smoking duros in convo

Currently on Dubai time

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:56 am

the duros is smoking a cigar and thino wants to try and get one, but what do we call those in setting?

Currently on Dubai time

Return to “Discussion”