OOC - "The Ison Corridor"

Discussions out-of-character (OOC) and Q&A about the game.
Forum rules
ImageUse LSUse DS * Update
DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Re: OOC - "The Ison Corridor"

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat May 05, 2018 11:57 pm

@Boutrose Saba-Norr Honestly, I can't remember if I inadvertently gave Jairius Tye the wrong last name or if I had something else in mind. :D But I DO have something in mind now.

For now, you aren't sure why it is what it is. There are no signs, logos, or visual indicators to explain what or who Kragen's crew is. I think the Duros mechanic told you that, accurate or not. You could ask IC or leave it be. It is certainly not essential for us to know, but it is a blind spot.

The one good thing about being busy IRL, is coming back to have something entertaining to read when you catch up.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sun May 06, 2018 2:28 am

@DeepSpacer, Vesper has a followup for Mazlum, but it didn't seem natural to introduce it until he told us a firm time to meet him tomorrow (even if it's "I'll send for you on your ship" or something).

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sun May 06, 2018 2:54 am

SavageBob wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 2:28 am
DeepSpacer, Vesper has a followup for Mazlum, but it didn't seem natural to introduce it until he told us a firm time to meet him tomorrow (even if it's "I'll send for you on your ship" or something).
I will edit to include a time.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sun May 06, 2018 3:10 am

DeepSpacer wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 2:54 am
I will edit to include a time.
Thanks! Vesper's guessing that a station of this size either lacks a medical officer completely, or if it has one, they'll be overwhelmed if there was a recent attack.

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Sun May 06, 2018 5:30 am

swrider wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 9:57 pm
We might be able to get these guys to help us hit the fuel depot. Or at least to get them to hit it without us. Hell wouldn't do it solo, but he could arrange a meeting with the Captain.
What does everyone think? any other Ideas for what Hell should suggest!
I am just int the way to the airport now but I officially endorse this idea.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Sun May 06, 2018 4:59 pm

love the idea of recruiting these guys to help us.

@DeepSpacer so that's cool, is there anything about them at all that would let me know they belong to the crime syndicate given my success on the knowledge roll regarding the crime syndicate.
Active: Thino Krist Vo Cari Thew'Ruk Turugh’aie’azanon
Inactive: Goran Hownar Edessa

Currently on Dubai time

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sun May 06, 2018 7:27 pm

@Boutrose Saba-Norr Well, you have a reference from the mechanic and your own Underworld check. You can see a small emblem on their clothing. Foregoing another roll, I'll say it is easy enough to piece them together. You're still not sure who Kragen is or why the mechanic called them that. He could be mistaken, he could know something you don't know. It may or may not be of importance to you.
Spoiler:
Ivax Syndicate (Anoat Sector).png
Ivax Syndicate (Anoat Sector).png (67.38 KiB) Viewed 3360 times
To summarize:
Underworld Check: Kragen's Crew is part of a sector crime organization called the Ivax Syndicate (as the NPC mentioned). The Ivax Nebula is the large galactic hazard in the Anoat Sector. This group (the name of a group called Kragen's Crew)has been known to perform criminal activities but you do not know "what" they specifically do.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sun May 06, 2018 7:34 pm

SanguineAngel wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 5:30 am
swrider wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 9:57 pm
We might be able to get these guys to help us hit the fuel depot. Or at least to get them to hit it without us. Hell wouldn't do it solo, but he could arrange a meeting with the Captain.
What does everyone think? any other Ideas for what Hell should suggest!
I am just int the way to the airport now but I officially endorse this idea.
It'd probably be best to (if you plan to do it) hit the depot with them and some of their "allies". If you choose to let them do it by just passing them the info, then I could have them trade info-for-info and you (the group) can be on your way to tracking down a likely rebel freighter. However, there seems more to gain by doing it together and a few of you have Duty to reflect hitting the depot together.

- Resource Acquisition
- Combat Victory
- Camaraderie
- Support
- Political Support
- Recruiting

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Sun May 06, 2018 7:40 pm

Np. Hell is going to radio the Captain and let him know to come to the cantina, but he still thinks they are in a meeting with the station owner. Perhaps that group should "check in" so hell can invite them to the cantina.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sun May 06, 2018 8:00 pm

swrider wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 7:40 pm
Np. Hell is going to radio the Captain and let him know to come to the cantina, but he still thinks they are in a meeting with the station owner. Perhaps that group should "check in" so hell can invite them to the cantina.
Easy enough to 'skip ahead' and have us all back together to discuss things. We can do that after discussions are 'over'. The opposing ship crew has nowhere else to go, they tell you, and plan to be in the cantina or their ship indefinitely.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Sun May 06, 2018 11:57 pm

just got done reading through the posts, made a comment so that thino isn't just a tree the whole time lol, I made an opportunity for the captain to respond to thino with the little laugh he maid or he can possibly not think it strange at all. really like the way you set things up @swrider

Currently on Dubai time

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Mon May 07, 2018 12:30 am

Boutrose Saba-Norr wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 11:57 pm
just got done reading through the posts, made a comment so that thino isn't just a tree the whole time lol, I made an opportunity for the captain to respond to thino with the little laugh he maid or he can possibly not think it strange at all. really like the way you set things up @swrider
Most of it was done by @deepspacer. Hell started a friendly conversation and let the NPC guide it. So much so he was called out by the NPC. It is good though if the NPC thinks it was their idea and we now know how to frame an offer.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Mon May 07, 2018 2:03 am

Since this Mazlum fella doesn't seem to care about the health and well-being of his station personnel, Vesper will report to Kamar and see if he's more helpful. Matt's MIA, but maybe Kettel tags along? Up to you, DS.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon May 07, 2018 4:12 am

SavageBob wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 2:03 am
Since this Mazlum fella doesn't seem to care about the health and well-being of his station personnel, Vesper will report to Kamar and see if he's more helpful. Matt's MIA, but maybe Kettel tags along? Up to you, DS.
No 'injuries' caused by the Imperial raid. The laborers (Ugnaughts) work hard and probably could use some aid. I am sure there are some nagging, long-term injuries that may need tending to.

I think ALL will regroup near the ship to way options again. Begin helping people, clean up the station, deal with Jairius.

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Mon May 07, 2018 1:28 pm

Hey guys, just checking in while I have signal. Looks like some excellent things bubbling away.

Captain Tye: I absolutely think we could use the manpower to take isone depot.

Mazlum: the proposition from Mazlum interests me. However, perhaps for another reason. Firstly, it sounds like Mazlum and Co are treating their staff pretty damn poorly. Ugbaughts are pretty well known for the sort of maintenance and support they are capable of providing. As an agitator I am thinkibg: If we could flip this situation, incite some form of power shift, then we might get a better deal on repairs AND win ourselves some grateful allies who might actually have some influence with other Ugnaught groups in the galaxy.

In either case, we'd need to find some form of spokesperson for the labourers to start "lighting a fire [of rebellion]" under their asses

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Mon May 07, 2018 3:19 pm

SanguineAngel wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 1:28 pm
Hey guys, just checking in while I have signal. Looks like some excellent things bubbling away.

Captain Tye: I absolutely think we could use the manpower to take isone depot.

Mazlum: the proposition from Mazlum interests me. However, perhaps for another reason. Firstly, it sounds like Mazlum and Co are treating their staff pretty damn poorly. Ugbaughts are pretty well known for the sort of maintenance and support they are capable of providing. As an agitator I am thinkibg: If we could flip this situation, incite some form of power shift, then we might get a better deal on repairs AND win ourselves some grateful allies who might actually have some influence with other Ugnaught groups in the galaxy.

In either case, we'd need to find some form of spokesperson for the labourers to start "lighting a fire [of rebellion]" under their asses
I was thinking something similar about the labor situation here. Mazlum sounds like a stereotypical corporate boss, complaining that everything is the workers' fault. :) Agitating them would be Oona and Ronin's department. Once we all reconvene at the ship, Vesper can innocently mention the work disputes.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon May 07, 2018 10:49 pm

SavageBob wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 3:19 pm
I was thinking something similar about the labor situation here. Mazlum sounds like a stereotypical corporate boss, complaining that everything is the workers' fault. :) Agitating them would be Oona and Ronin's department. Once we all reconvene at the ship, Vesper can innocently mention the work disputes.
Disrupting the laborers will cause an equal and negative reaction from the Henso brothers. You are not sure Tye's men will react. Keep in mind that current IRL social justice warrior mantras play differently in the Star Wars universe, although the movies always take into account current social issues when they're made. (i.e. "I'm not in this for your revolution, sister." Other options could include bringing them into line or negotiating a better deal. Someone with a Xenology skill could possibly relate to them better. You haven't encountered them, their culture, or their world.
Mazlum sounds like a stereotypical corporate boss, complaining that everything is the workers' fault.
Isn't that EVERY boss??? ;) What if it IS the worker's fault? ;)

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Mon May 07, 2018 10:51 pm

DeepSpacer wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 10:49 pm
Isn't that EVERY boss??? ;) What if it IS the worker's fault? ;)
Judging by how shady he was with us, I wouldn't take him at his word in blaming his workforce! :)

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Mon May 07, 2018 10:55 pm

The question we need to ask is: Is it worth it to piss him off? Just because they don't like him doesn't mean their situation is bad enough for us to risk loosing him and the station as a resource. Also we don't know what his contacts are. He may be connected to the crime world and if we mess with him we have them hunting for us as well. Even a lonely station owner could put out a bounty on us, enough to cause issues. I am not opposed to the idea, just pointing out how much it may affect operations in this small area.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Tue May 08, 2018 1:58 am

Good points, Rider. Maybe a better solution would be for Oona or Ronin to negotiate better working conditions that might get the Ugnaughts to work harder. (Negotiation check written all over that.)

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Tue May 08, 2018 5:33 pm

I think it would be sensible to assume nothing. Certainly, I wouldn't want to piss off the people fixing our bleeding ship and Oona would absolutely want to make sure she secures some sort of ally for the group, if not the rebellion.

However, we don't actually yet know the real situation. We've only heard one side and we will need to talk to the Ugnaughts spokesperson whatever happens. It just happens that agitation is a speciality and therefore always on the table!

Anyway, @DeepSpacer mentioned that he is gunna screenwipe us to a general meet up, which I think is good. When Vesper imparts her information I think Oona will offer up the possibility that the Ugnaughts might need someone to stand up for them, potentially. It might need an education check to determine just how prolific a a presence they are in the wider galaxy and whether they actually communicate between each other (winning the rebellion a reputation amongst that group could be a sizeable benefit for the rebellion). But that's all a bit macro at present. Let's get the other side of the story.

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Thu May 10, 2018 3:26 pm

Hey guys, sorry to be a bit impatient. I wasn't sure if I should drop a post. We've been quiet a couple days and I just wanted to confirm: We're all waiting for DeepSpacer to lead us into the next scene right?

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Thu May 10, 2018 4:08 pm

SanguineAngel wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 3:26 pm
Hey guys, sorry to be a bit impatient. I wasn't sure if I should drop a post. We've been quiet a couple days and I just wanted to confirm: We're all waiting for DeepSpacer to lead us into the next scene right?
I believe so. Vesper's finished with the head honcho at least.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Thu May 10, 2018 4:10 pm

@swrider @SavageBob i am loving this line of unionizing the ugnaughts, like this is something thino would be so into. Honestly though he is not there and isn’t really in a place to comment on it until we are all back at the ship.

@SanguineAngel i think unless any of us want to continue to engage captain tye that we are waiting for the screen swipe, it would be interesting to interact with the man but the general Enui that I was in due to my sickness that prevented me from posting anything interesting kind of cost me my opportunity and I don’t want to slow things down for anyone at this point.

Currently on Dubai time

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu May 10, 2018 5:50 pm

SavageBob wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 1:58 am
Good points, Rider. Maybe a better solution would be for Oona or Ronin to negotiate better working conditions that might get the Ugnaughts to work harder. (Negotiation check written all over that.)

Taking some change out of Mazlum's pocket probably wouldn't be good for negotiating with him. Yet, it could improve things with the Ugnaughts. Or, if it was reasoned out well, then maybe mazlum would see it as a benefit. Many ways to go!

Return to “Discussion”