UPRISING OOC

Discussions out-of-character (OOC) and Q&A about the game.
Forum rules
ImageUse LSUse DS * Update
Stneu73
Scoundrel

Re: Knowledge Check Results

Post by Stneu73 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:34 am

DeepSpacer wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:17 am
One could also possibly tell something about the 'galactic geography' of the area with an Astrogation check.
What's the difficulty?

I'll add it to my IC when I do it.
here's the positive dice though.
Astrogation to Know things: 4eA 4 successes, 1 advantage
ImageImageImageImage

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Re: Knowledge Check Results

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:39 am

Stneu73 wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:34 am
What's the difficulty? I'll add it to my IC when I do it. here's the positive dice though.
Astrogation to Know things: 4eA 4 successes, 1 advantage
ImageImageImageImage
My bad....I added a difficulty to the IC post. 2 Diff + 2 Setback dice. You could only fail with 'double-failures' on both dice. Lots of galactic phenomena in this area.

Stneu73
Scoundrel

Re: UPRISING OOC (Echo Base)

Post by Stneu73 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:39 am

Astrogation to Know things (difficulty): 2eD+2eS 0 successes, 3 threat
ImageImageImageImage

These threats man keep screwin Voe over.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Voe Astrogation Check

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:03 pm

Voe Astrogation Check....
Spoiler:
The Anoat Sector is in what used to be called the "Western Reaches" in the Outer Rim. It is Galactic 'South'. Polis Massa is 'south' of the Anoat Sector, so it makes sense that your checks succeeded. Further south on the Corellian Trade Spine eventually intersects with the Hydian Way. There aren't many densely-populated planets in the Anoat Sector, most are mining colonies. You've heard of some planets there with vibrant wildlife.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Item selection

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:26 am

In a nearby room are various quantities of surplus items. Quantities of each is in parentheses. Most items are below 1K in value. I could allow other items to be in the room, upon request. Items I figured that'd be in regular use on Hoth (goggles, scanners, etc..) are not available. Limit per PC is 5.
Spoiler:
(2) Laser Sight: auto advantage
(4) Blaster Actuating mod: +1Damage, +1 Setback
(4) Blaster Suppressor: +2 Setback to notice shot
(8) Custom Grip: Remove Setback die from attack
(8) Czerka Pistol Grip: Quick Draw talent, but +1 Diff to medium/long attacks
(8) Forearm Grip: only +1Diff while engaged
(8) Serrated Edge (+1 vicious)
(8) standard backpacks
(8) Spacer’s Duffel (various types)
(2) Load-bearing gear
(10) mod kits (EDIT: this is effectively the 100cr in components and parts it takes for whatever attachment you install)
(4) datapads
(8) comlinks
(8) Padded Armor (+2 Soak) (various types)
(6) Combat or Vibro Knives
(2) Regular Blaster Pistols
(4) Holdout Blasters
(1) Ionization Blaster: 10 Dmg, Ion only, Disorient 5 (R-Light)
(1) Tenloss IDX-9 Ion Stunner: 7 Dmg, Ion or Stun (R-Light)
(1) Shock Gloves
(3) Ascian Throwing Dagger: short, +1 Dmg, crit 2, Pierce 2
(1) Net: (Ensnare 3, Knockdown)
(1) ACP Repeater Gun: 7 Dmg, autofire, (R-Heavy)
(1) Adostic Arms 8-gauge Scatter Gun: 7 Dmg, (Blast 3, Knockdown), slugthrower
(1) DH-17 Carbine Blaster: 8 Dmg (Inaccurate 1) (R-Heavy)
(1) Micro Rocket Launcher Pistol 7 Dmg, medium range, Blast 6, Limited Ammo (1+1…two rockets)

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Re: Item selection

Post by ShadoWarrior » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:42 pm

DeepSpacer wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:26 am
(10) mod kits
If we wish to apply mods to our weapons do we (and by 'we' I mean having Voe do it for whichever PC) need to roll for success? If When we run out of "kits" can we "buy" more parts here at Echo Base to do more mods, or are we limited to just the 10 available?

I don't suppose that the (greatly overpriced) Balanced Hilt weapon attachment (1500/r5) is available?

Can I presume that civilian replacements or some sort of camouflage is available for our "military" belt pouches? Unlike with backpacks, there is no substitute that provides the same game-mechanical benefit.

The list is notably missing grenades. I presume this was deliberate? I'd ask about stims, but I suppose those fall into the "in regular use on Hoth" category.

I'd like to point out to anyone considering getting one of the Spacer’s Duffels that they are Cumbersome 3. That's not a good idea in the case of Voe and Rook.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:19 pm

ShadoWarrior wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:42 pm
If we wish to apply mods to our weapons do we (and by 'we' I mean having Voe do it for whichever PC) need to roll for success?
Given the limited time we may have (CRB says 'a couple hours' and 'a tool kit'), it reasonable for Voe to be able to fit in 1-2 modding attempts for PC's, if she so wishes (She would make the roll). For Voe, this could take away time to do other things (like ship prep, look into mods/attachments for the ship, etc...). Voe is YYGG, which would equal or beat most base personnel (if they had time to do it). Consider a Tool Kit to be part of the rudimentary mining items placed aboard Voe's ship.

You can narrate in an NPC "friend" on base to help, as well. Feel free to create a name and mini-background. I'll let this base mechanic/tech have a YYY dice pool. It's a but less than Voe, but with time a factor you'll be trading expertise for availability. Let's say the ship is due to be loaded and ready in 6-8 hours. Maybe if someone pushed it, they could do 3 mod attempts. Such a thing could be achieved with something like a 2Diff Charm check with Boost for having been a previous acquaintance if one wants to write in a little background.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:25 pm

Shado, DS let me reskin the military belt pouch as a "physician's stim pouch," and Han has something similar on his belt, so presumably civilian models exist. It's up to DS whether there are any in this storage room, of course.

DS, any civilian satchels in here? The only game version is the "surveyor's bag," but it's essentially a satchel or messenger bag. I have a hard time envisioning a character running around in a civilized area with a giant backpack on or a massive duffel hanging across her shoulder. Imagine what you'd think if you saw that in New York, or perhaps more appropriately, a smaller city, like Richmond. Either annoying backpackers, homeless people, or tourists looking for their hotel. A satchel sounds more reasonable for everyday use.

Vesper also needs to upgrade her medical equipment (she has the bare-bones medkit, but there are better ones out there). Is this something she could get from base, or would it be too obvious that it was Alliance issue, meaning she should wait to purchase better medical supplies with her 600 credits?

So, I'll take a datapad and comlink to begin (we should probably all grab comlinks). Vesper could use an upgrade from a light to a regular blaster pistol, but I'm not sure what other folks' needs are.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:29 pm

If When we run out of "kits" can we "buy" more parts here at Echo Base to do more mods, or are we limited to just the 10 available?
[/quote]10 mods and all of the spare parts are what's available at the moment. I think it's reasonable to (and the GM should always want to say, "Yes" to what PC's want to try) allow PC's to make or use contacts on base to purchase more.
One could even consider trade value to get other things (Negotiation check, start at 1/4 value with one success). A failed check may mean that the item can't be traded, or it is considerably less (10%). I'd prefer we not have a trading frenzy of pawning 5 items per PC to get other things, but I also want PC's to be creative and role-play out what they'd do. :D I think the values are such that trade-ins with successful checks won't lead to a path of riches. ;) Just make sure all PC's get selections before someone snarfs up 4 weapons to (try to) trade in for other stuff.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:30 pm

@Deep: Thank you. You answered my first two questions. What about the next three questions?

@Bob: given that Lanna got the pouches on Nar Shaddaa (and not at Echo Base), if Deep is allowing "reskins" then hers could easily be civilian versions.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:37 pm

ShadoWarrior wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:42 pm
I don't suppose that the (greatly overpriced) Balanced Hilt weapon attachment (1500/r5) is available?
Unavailable at the moment. Perhaps on Mexeluine, should we get there!
Can I presume that civilian replacements or some sort of camouflage is available for our "military" belt pouches? Unlike with backpacks, there is no substitute that provides the same game-mechanical benefit.
Reskin is good. Now if EVERYONE has the same basic military type, it might yield a Boost die to someone who could be suspicious of you all. This is mostly a narrative mechanic. We're undercover.
The list is notably missing grenades. I presume this was deliberate? I'd ask about stims, but I suppose those fall into the "in regular use on Hoth" category.
Grenades, no. I do think explosives (1-2) would fall into the mining category and be available. I just didn't find any in the books. Feel free to suggest one if you have one.
I'd like to point out to anyone considering getting one of the Spacer’s Duffels that they are Cumbersome 3. That's not a good idea in the case of Voe and Rook.
Good point! I purposefully intended to have some awkward items like those.
Some may be unusual (net, wrist rocket, scatter gun, blast suppressors, etc...), but they can have their own benefits and (I think) encourage the PC's to be creative.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:38 pm

ShadoWarrior wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:30 pm
@Deep: Thank you. You answered my first two questions. What about the next three questions?

@Bob: given that Lanna got the pouches on Nar Shaddaa (and not at Echo Base), if Deep is allowing "reskins" then hers could easily be civilian versions.
I can only type so fast.... ;) ;) ;)

Yes, reskinning is more narrative. Failure to take efforts to concel/reskin would have potential repercussions.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:41 pm

@Deep: Google "proton charge" or "proton grenade" (same item). It's what Han and the commandos use in the bunker on Endor. I forget which book they're in. IIRC it's Dangerous Covenants.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

SavageBob Questions...

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:47 pm

SavageBob wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:25 pm
"physician's stim pouch,"
Yes. Can do.
DS, any civilian satchels in here? "surveyor's bag,"
Yes, as well. Consider civilian satchels as part of those duffels.
Vesper also needs to upgrade her medical equipment (she has the bare-bones medkit, but there are better ones out there). Is this something she could get from base, or would it be too obvious that it was Alliance issue, meaning she should wait to purchase better medical supplies with her 600 credits?
You can role-play out paying a visit to the med facility in the time you have before the trip. Create a mini-background with an NPC there. Create a name, get a Boost die to an Avg (2 Diff) Charm (or Deception, Negotiate, or whatever) to trade-in what she has or get something new. Let the dice determine success or failure.
So, I'll take a datapad and comlink to begin (we should probably all grab comlinks). Vesper could use an upgrade from a light to a regular blaster pistol, but I'm not sure what other folks' needs are.
I'll update wants for items. I thinks there's plenty to go around and shouldn't be many overlaps. I purposefully had enough of some common items that all could have one if they so desired.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:02 pm

ShadoWarrior wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:41 pm
@Deep: Google "proton charge" or "proton grenade" (same item). It's what Han and the commandos use in the bunker on Endor. I forget which book they're in. IIRC it's Dangerous Covenants.
Intriguing item...I'll say there is 1 available. Detonite was the 'mining' explosive I was trying to think of. The blast radius of 'short' makes it quite useful. Let's say one available of each. It's a tough item to give up for base defense. Not too many available.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:03 pm

Lanna would like 2x Pierce +1 mods done for her axe. That's the full extent of her needs. I've already updated her thread with the (3) items she's taking from the list that Deep gave us. She's a simple character with few needs.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Updated List

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:06 pm

I doubt we'll have much overlap. But here is an updated list.

(2) Laser Sight: auto advantage
(4) Blaster Actuating mod: +1Damage, +1 Setback
(4) Blaster Suppressor: +2 Setback to notice shot
(8) Custom Grip: Remove Setback die from attack
(8) Czerka Pistol Grip: Quick Draw talent, but +1 Diff to medium/long attacks
(8) Forearm Grip: only +1Diff while engaged
(8) Serrated Edge (+1 vicious)
(8) standard backpacks
(8) Spacer’s Duffel (various types, civilian)
(2) Load-bearing gear
(10) mod kits (EDIT: this is effectively the 100cr in components and parts it takes for whatever attachment mod you install) Two for Lanna
(4) datapads(One desired by Vesper)
(8) comlinks
(8) Padded Armor (+2 Soak) (various types)
(6) Combat or Vibro Knives
(2) Regular Blaster Pistols(One desired by Vesper)
(4) Holdout Blasters
(1) Ionization Blaster: 10 Dmg, Ion only, Disorient 5 (R-Light)
(1) Tenloss IDX-9 Ion Stunner: 7 Dmg, Ion or Stun (R-Light)
(1) Shock Gloves
(3) Ascian Throwing Dagger: short, +1 Dmg, crit 2, Pierce 2
(1) Net: (Ensnare 3, Knockdown)
(1) ACP Repeater Gun: 7 Dmg, autofire, (R-Heavy)
(1) Adostic Arms 8-gauge Scatter Gun: 7 Dmg, (Blast 3, Knockdown), slugthrower
(1) DH-17 Carbine Blaster: 8 Dmg (Inaccurate 1) (R-Heavy)
(1) Micro Rocket Launcher Pistol 7 Dmg, medium range, Blast 6, Limited Ammo (1+1…two rockets)
***(1) Detonite
***(1) Proton grenade/Explosive

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:08 pm

Cool, sounds good. Is the 5-item limit a net five items? Like, if I trade in my light blaster pistol for a regular one, does that count as one of my items? Not trying to game the system, just wanting to stay within your restrictions while leaving myself room to also trade the emergency medpac for something better (which would also be a 1-1 trade).

As for whom I should approach for a physician's kit or some such, it seems like I've been working with Voe's dad extensively, so he'd be the best person to ask, I think. I can narrate something in the IC once I know whether trading an item still counts as of of my five-item limit.

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Re: Updated List

Post by ShadoWarrior » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:21 pm

DeepSpacer wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:06 pm
(10) mod kits (EDIT: this is effectively the 100cr in components and parts it takes for whatever attachment you install) Two for Lanna
I'd like to clarify something. Attachments have no cost to install. You buy one and slap it on. That simple. Mods are things you do to an attachment to add to the attachment's functionality. You cannot mod a weapon (or armor) directly. You mod the attachments.

The geniuses at FFG used confusing terms because most people consider an "attachment" to be a mod, while mod, in game terms, has a very specific meaning. It's an upgrade to an attachment. I suspect that because attachments can be easily removed and swapped between items that's why they're called attachments rather than "mods" (mods tend to imply something permanent, and mods/upgrades to attachments actually are permanent).

So, for example, you can buy/take a Custom Grip and just stick it on your weapon. No roll, no extra cost, and you get the base "mod" effects of that attachment (which in the case of the grip is removing a SB from attacks). But after you've slapped the attachment onto your weapon you can then decide to tweak it to make it also give you more Accuracy.

So when Lanna wants a couple of +1 Pierce mods, those mods are being made to the Monofilament attachment she added to her axe during character creation.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:25 pm

SavageBob wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:08 pm
Cool, sounds good. Is the 5-item limit a net five items? Like, if I trade in my light blaster pistol for a regular one, does that count as one of my items? Not trying to game the system, just wanting to stay within your restrictions while leaving myself room to also trade the emergency medpac for something better (which would also be a 1-1 trade).

As for whom I should approach for a physician's kit or some such, it seems like I've been working with Voe's dad extensively, so he'd be the best person to ask, I think. I can narrate something in the IC once I know whether trading an item still counts as of of my five-item limit.
I think trading an existing item is reasonable to surpass the 5-item limit. That "limit" is more narrative. Don't want PC's going hog-wide with every item they can get. I don't want an imbalance or some PC's disadvantaged. (Like a PC wishing they had traded Duty for more starting equip/credits) Just keep it within reason. Light BP for a regular one is okay, not against the 5. Aggregate result is each PC getting 500-3,000cr of stuff. Their choice.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Re: Updated List

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:29 pm

ShadoWarrior wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:21 pm
DeepSpacer wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:06 pm
(10) mod kits (EDIT: this is effectively the 100cr in components and parts it takes for whatever attachment you install) Two for Lanna
I'd like to clarify something. Attachments have no cost to install. You buy one and slap it on. That simple. Mods are things you do to an attachment to add to the attachment's functionality. You cannot mod a weapon (or armor) directly. You mod the attachments.
Got it! I mis-spoke. The main point being that the mod choice includes the cost for parts. I sometimes say attachment/mod when I mean the other. Hopefully, the PC's come out of it with a little something extra for their trip.

SWRider taking the board down for an hour, I see. I am on-call later this afternoon. 2 weeks ago....nothing. last week.....crazy busy. This week???? Who knows!

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:26 pm

The Red Dawn is the most obsolete ship that I've ever seen a GM use. A YT-1000??! The 1300 was obsolete by the Clone Wars, never mind the 1200 before it. A Class THREE hyperdrive? Damn thing will take forever to get anywhere. And one, weak, gun. It's a death trap. I sure hope we never have any space encounters.

BTW, which of the three deck plans available from a Google Image search are you using? this one, this one, or this one?

It's also quite a bit smaller than a YT-1300:

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:03 pm

DeepSpacer wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:25 pm
I think trading an existing item is reasonable to surpass the 5-item limit. That "limit" is more narrative. Don't want PC's going hog-wide with every item they can get. I don't want an imbalance or some PC's disadvantaged. (Like a PC wishing they had traded Duty for more starting equip/credits) Just keep it within reason. Light BP for a regular one is okay, not against the 5. Aggregate result is each PC getting 500-3,000cr of stuff. Their choice.
Gotcha. Then Vesper will swap out the light blaster for the regular one, and take a laser sight for it. She'll grab the shock gloves and a satchel, so that makes a net five items (datapad, comlink, laser sight, satchel, shock gloves). Now to trade the medpac!

ShadoWarrior
Dark Lord of the Sith

Post by ShadoWarrior » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:08 pm

I hope she's going for an ECM-598.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:16 pm

ShadoWarrior wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:08 pm
I hope she's going for an ECM-598.
It doesn't seem prudent to take a medical backpack for a mission where Vesper's supposed to be impersonating a civilian doctor, I think. The physician's kit is a better choice if we're trying to lie low.

But really, I don't see why we can't have the best of both worlds. The only narrative difference between the backpack and the kit is that the backpack comes with a medical datapad that reduces rolls to heal crits by one level. Assuming DS is OK with that idea, Vesper can just buy a medical datapad separately and get the same benefit. (It'd require GM approval, since it's technically a custom piece of gear that normally only comes packed in with the backpack.)

Return to “Discussion”