OOC: The Assault on Ione

Discussions out-of-character (OOC) and Q&A about the game.
Forum rules
ImageUse LSUse DS * Update
swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Re: OOC: The Assault on Ione

Post by swrider » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:20 pm

Nope I am talking about the truck. I am referencing our encounter with the truck when we triggered the alarm outside the city.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:12 pm

SavageBob wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:14 pm
swrider wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:31 pm
The speeder truck has a turret mounted weapon. The gunner is exposed (Hell shot the previous one ;) ) DS also said that those inside are covered from outside attack previously. Though an excellent roll by Hell did allow him to take out the driver with a ricochet.
That'd be correct. It is mounted with a Light Repeating Blaster (autofire) like from the CRB, not a blaster cannon like on the AT-ST an tanks. I think I gave +2 SB due to cover.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:36 am

I think it might be best for us to hold our actions to see if the two tanks follow Hell.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:55 pm

Perhaps there is another vehicle or structure your vehicle can use for cover? Or you may want to move closer to the tire or your intended target as your weapon uses personal scale range.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:27 pm

I don't know that we have a target right now, aside from whatever troops may be behind the barracks. If we move in to engage with troops hiding out there, we run the risk of distracting the two tanks Hell is trying to lure away. I still think it best if we hold our turns for now.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:04 pm

OK sounds like everyone is aiming. lol!

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:29 am

Sounds like we can skip our slots and take them after the enemy goes? (Rather than aiming twice...)

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:57 am

Hah, sorry guys - I lost the thread a bit here when we screenwiped. I'm actually happy to be in the truck and to take the gun.

Edit: Apologies, @SavageBob I tried for some decisive action but should have listened to you. It was very much a swing and a miss!

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:31 am

SanguineAngel wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:57 am
Hah, sorry guys - I lost the thread a bit here when we screenwiped. I'm actually happy to be in the truck and to take the gun.

Edit: Apologies, @SavageBob I tried for some decisive action but should have listened to you. It was very much a swing and a miss!
Yikes! :lol: My worry is that we pull the tanks onto us rather than letting Hell pull them away like he intended. Maybe we can reassess how to use the Advantage you rolled to make it seem like we were firing on the errant AT-ST (Hell) and missed?

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:00 pm

SavageBob wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:31 am
SanguineAngel wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:57 am

Yikes! :lol: My worry is that we pull the tanks onto us rather than letting Hell pull them away like he intended. Maybe we can reassess how to use the Advantage you rolled to make it seem like we were firing on the errant AT-ST (Hell) and missed?
Well, the other option is to high tail it out of there on your turn - take advantage of the opportunity to move out of range and force them to choose. What's our current speed? I don't think it was specified... worst case - full throttle and move range bands?

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:13 pm

Slightly busy week for me, but I was also waiting for all to chime in. I know that sometimes I can jump ahead too quickly. I hope to get some posting time in tonight or tomorrow.

Interesting dilemma for the hover tank drivers. They may or may not be concerned with the hover truck. While it CAN damage them, it is not a huge threat. Also, it is not likely that anyone notice Oona fired at them. And, since she missed, it may not really be noticeable anyways. BTW, I think it is "in-character" for her to act impulsively and unafraid to do what she did. :D If they initiate a 'case' sequence with Helios, the Setback could really come into play.

If everyone holds on that second pc slot, then the next thing will happen.

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:17 pm

DeepSpacer wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:13 pm
BTW, I think it is "in-character" for her to act impulsively and unafraid to do what she did. :D
Hah thanks! I thought it seemed fitting too :)

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:27 am

Time to break out the Chase rules for Helios and the tanks. Competitive skill check of the Piloting-Planetary Skill!!! The Friends & Nemeses house rule will apply to Skill Jockey, so Helios gets a Boost. (Oona's passed boost is to someone else. Hell is not 'Next'. This is just a Chase check.) There would be rougher terrain to lead the chase into farther away. Or, you may try to out-maneuver them and gain the advantage to turn the weapons back onto them.

The terrain near the barracks is flat, Simple (-) difficulty. The Imperial Pilots will get a setback die from the debris Oona left on the ground. They also get +1 Handling for their vehicle. (AT-ST is +0) Their base skill is 3 Agility and I will give a minion skill for Piloting. ImageImageImage

YYG + SB + Boost versus (Helios) YYGG + Boost
*Using DS DP

They spent a Maneuver to turn 180 and a Maneuver to Drive. Next round you will each dedicate a Maneuver to Drive (+ whatever else). BTW, all the AT-ST weapons face forwards-only. You can use piloting skills and maneuvers/actions as narratively appropriate. Dennies already fired during initiative, so no help from him this time.

The skill to beat....

NPC; Uprising; Piloting (Planetary) Chase Check:
2 Successes, 4 Advantages

ImageImageImageImageImage

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:45 am

Chase rules are my absolute favourite thing about this system.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:19 pm

Lol I should have clarified earlier that hell is not trying to run. He is just using the building as cover so he can attack and keep the tanks off balance. But you made an allowance for that within your ruling so. I'll get something up.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:04 pm

swrider wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:19 pm
Lol I should have clarified earlier that hell is not trying to run. He is just using the building as cover so he can attack and keep the tanks off balance. But you made an allowance for that within your ruling so. I'll get something up.
Ah....just as well! The opposed check may help determine distance, and maybe, cover or some other things. I'd say a pilot maneuver to move and get the AT-ST turned back around, if you do so.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:52 pm

I was about to have Vesper throw a grenade at the squad with the heavy gun and even clicked on "use Light Side" on the DP tracker when I realized we're out of range, I think. Can you confirm, DS? How far are these guys from us?

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:34 pm

SavageBob wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:52 pm
I was about to have Vesper throw a grenade at the squad with the heavy gun and even clicked on "use Light Side" on the DP tracker when I realized we're out of range, I think. Can you confirm, DS? How far are these guys from us?
Not far at all. You had pulled up in front to the barracks, so short range to both the edge of the building (gunnery crew with HRB) and the main entrance. However, Oona is manning the top gun and Vesper is inside the speeder truck. You'd have to open the side panel to do so (a maneuver). Since there is a PC "Held" action, you could do that. Taking the Boost from Ooona as the next person to act.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:56 pm

Had the flu, or at least a fever, for a few days. But, got caught up a bit in PBP. Looking at the Initiative order, Thino ( @Boutrose Saba-Norr ) takes a turn next and then 3 PC's go to begin next turn. Thino COULD take two consecutive actions, if he'd like. The hatch facing those troopers is open (by Vesper). Takes a maneuver to get to the hatch opening, even if he was driving. Oona has already manned the turret. The 'pilot seat' of this vehicle is little more than a chair, not one that would require (in my mind) and extra maneuver to dismount.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:27 am

Glad you're feeling better!

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:10 am

DeepSpacer wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:56 pm
Had the flu, or at least a fever, for a few days. But, got caught up a bit in PBP. Looking at the Initiative order, Thino ( @Boutrose Saba-Norr ) takes a turn next and then 3 PC's go to begin next turn. Thino COULD take two consecutive actions, if he'd like. The hatch facing those troopers is open (by Vesper). Takes a maneuver to get to the hatch opening, even if he was driving. Oona has already manned the turret. The 'pilot seat' of this vehicle is little more than a chair, not one that would require (in my mind) and extra maneuver to dismount.
Sorry about my inactivity, the wifi in my apartment has been out all week and my phone data is also used up, playing catchup now, i'll read the ic chat and see whats what.
Active: Thino Krist Vo Cari Thew'Ruk Turugh’aie’azanon
Inactive: Goran Hownar Edessa

Currently on Dubai time

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:20 am

@DeepSpacer I will indeed take two attacks in a row against the stormtroopers using my light repeating blaster. Please let me know of the difficulty.

Currently on Dubai time

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:05 pm

Boutrose Saba-Norr wrote:
Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:20 am
DeepSpacer I will indeed take two attacks in a row against the stormtroopers using my light repeating blaster. Please let me know of the difficulty.
I figured as much. More for IRL "distractions" :D than actual gameplay, but it works well for gameplay to get in two rounds BTB. You will only be able to target those coming around the side of the building since you are facing that way. Shouldn't be a problem.

Vesper passed one Boost die for your first attack. You can pass yourself dice, as well, on the second attack. Difficulty is Image (short range) + Image for Autofire.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:45 am

Paging @Boutrose Saba-Norr! Time to make your two attacks! :D

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:11 am

SavageBob wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:45 am
Paging @Boutrose Saba-Norr! Time to make your two attacks! :D
I don't know how this slipped my mind, I literally responded to all the other threads. thanks for reminding me bob.

Currently on Dubai time

Return to “Discussion”