OOC: The Assault on Ione

Discussions out-of-character (OOC) and Q&A about the game.
Forum rules
ImageUse LSUse DS * Update
DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Re: OOC: The Assault on Ione

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:07 am

@Boutrose Saba-Norr I believe you're up next. Oona (Sanguine) waiting to go after you.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:41 am

sorry about the delay, my post in the cantina explains it, I'll make the roll now.
Active: Thino Krist Vo Cari Thew'Ruk Turugh’aie’azanon
Inactive: Goran Hownar Edessa

Currently on Dubai time

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:31 am

Boutrose Saba-Norr wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:41 am
sorry about the delay, my post in the cantina explains it, I'll make the roll now.
That's all right. Glad to have you around. It's been buys, I understand.

Your attack should have been a dice pool of GGY + Boost. (Aim is a Boost die, not an upgrade). You can roll a Green Image (replacing the 2nd yellow) and a Boost die Image to correct it.
ALSO, you get a passed BoostImagefrom Vesper's last action. Keep the rest, only roll Green and 2 Boost dice (Please Roll = ImageImageImage). You take TWO strain for that extra maneuver.

I realize you may take a few days to reorient yourself from the travel, but that's okay. The Rebel Soldiers and Oona still need to go. With any luck, you may get those advantages to activate autofire and a second hit would be significant. ;)

Nice, the way Thino apologizes before he shoots. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:36 am

DeepSpacer wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:31 am
Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:41 am
That's all right. Glad to have you around. It's been buys, I understand.

Your attack should have been a dice pool of GGY + Boost. (Aim is a Boost die, not an upgrade). You can roll a Green Image (replacing the 2nd yellow) and a Boost die Image to correct it.
ALSO, you get a passed BoostImagefrom Vesper's last action. Keep the rest, only roll Green and 2 Boost dice (Please Roll = ImageImageImage). You take TWO strain for that extra maneuver.

I realize you may take a few days to reorient yourself from the travel, but that's okay. The Rebel Soldiers and Oona still need to go. With any luck, you may get those advantages to activate autofire and a second hit would be significant. ;)

Nice, the way Thino apologizes before he shoots. :lol: :lol: :lol:
lol yea he is a bit sardonic. I'll make that roll and correct, inshallah we get that extra advantage to set off the auto fire.

Currently on Dubai time

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:40 am

Thino Krist; Uprising; roll corection:
1 Success, 2 Advantages

ImageImageImage

so yea it does go off with an extra success so he can have a boost go to the next check which would be his check to shoot again and the extra success will increase the damage by 1 more.

He will shoot at the officer again with the second shot, which if I am reading this correctly will be yggb against pr since I can't aim again

I don't know what it is with the roller and my yellow dice lol, but this is so funny.

Thino Krist; Uprising; Autofire triggered, firing again:
0 Success, 0 Advantage

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Currently on Dubai time

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:36 am

Hey @Boutrose Saba-Norr, I don't believe you have to re-roll. You have already rolled to hit at the highest difficulty target - the reason for declaring that highest diff hit ahead of rolling is so that you can then be sure that when you activate Auto-Fire you can hit any of the targets without making another roll. You use the original roll to calculate damage to subsequent targets. The distinction of it being multiple hits means that soak applies to each hit.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:59 pm

Very interesting. I've never been in a game where players used Autofire. Hoping this drops one of the threats. Vesper would appreciate it. :)

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:00 pm

That is interesting, I’ll look up the rules for the auto fire to be sure

Currently on Dubai time

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:26 pm

Autofire is an interesting beast, though very balanced in my opinion. The use of advantages makes it so a second, third, fourth etc... hit gets the target. This also fits in with the FFG concept of a round. That is that each round is several minutes and each attack represents numerous shots fired from a single weapon. The auto-fire just means even more shots are fired and there is a greater chance of hitting overall. It is also harder to hit what you mean to.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:50 pm

Oh, so does that mean I might have done 13 damage pierce one twice just because I got two advantages?

I got to find ways to get auto advantages.

Currently on Dubai time

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:39 pm

Depends is autofire activated with two advantages or three? If two then yes

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:57 pm

Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:40 am
Thino Krist; Uprising; roll corection:
1 Success, 2 Advantages
ImageImageImage
Just the missed Boost dice and corrected Green was necessary. Auotfire activates with two Advantages. With the Autofire quality, the "to-hit" applies to all attacks, the number of Advantages or Triumphs just determines how many hits you get. By spending the 2 Advantages, you hit again with the same damage applied (13). A second hit is sure to take out the officer, which I will narrate in.

This isn't meant to be an extended battle, just an obstacle to get to an objective.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:24 am

When the time comes (assuming Oona or the next player eliminates the last Stormtrooper from the scene), bypassing the controls for the lift will be either a Skulduggery or Computers check. Base difficulties are: ImageImageImageImage.

Oona's talent removes a Setback die from Skulduggery checks, so she'd have to roll a Skilled Assistance check to remove a Setback die. Looks like YGG in the dice pool.

Thino's talent removes a Setback die from Computer checks (Bypass Security, which I will apply to this since this is like breaking in), so he'd have to roll a Skilled Assistance check to remove a Setback die. Looks like YGGG in the dice pool.

Both checks can be made in this circumstance. Computer knowledge or hot-wiring will be equally effective. Should both fail, there is a service ladder on the exterior of the tower. :twisted:

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:20 pm

Once we get resolution on Oona's attack on the stormtrooper, I'll have Vesper act. I think she's the only PC left to go, and all she can really do is use a stimpack on herself, maybe two.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:55 pm

SavageBob wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:20 pm
Once we get resolution on Oona's attack on the stormtrooper, I'll have Vesper act. I think she's the only PC left to go, and all she can really do is use a stimpack on herself, maybe two.
Vesper had gone in the 1st PC slot. it is top of the next round. One PC may go. Next PC gets Image.
Spoiler:
NPC slot: Officer
PC slot: Vesper
NPC slot: ? Stormtroopers (1)
PC slot: ? Thino (autofired)
NPC slot: ? Rebel Soldiers (Covering Fire: Allies +1 Ranged Defense)
PC slot: ? Oona (hit)

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:29 am

Yikes. Best to let Thino or Oona go to try to take him out already! (Nothing fancy, you two! Just shoot the SOB! :P)

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:20 am

DeepSpacer wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:24 am
When the time comes (assuming Oona or the next player eliminates the last Stormtrooper from the scene), bypassing the controls for the lift will be either a Skulduggery or Computers check. Base difficulties are: ImageImageImageImage.

Oona's talent removes a Setback die from Skulduggery checks, so she'd have to roll a Skilled Assistance check to remove a Setback die. Looks like YGG in the dice pool.

Thino's talent removes a Setback die from Computer checks (Bypass Security, which I will apply to this since this is like breaking in), so he'd have to roll a Skilled Assistance check to remove a Setback die. Looks like YGGG in the dice pool.

Both checks can be made in this circumstance. Computer knowledge or hot-wiring will be equally effective. Should both fail, there is a service ladder on the exterior of the tower. :twisted:
since this is a form of slicing I believe I would also get a boost for my sliving gear

Currently on Dubai time

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:19 am

Would you like me to take the first slot so you can make the slicing check? I'm not as good a shot as you but you've got a better chance with the lift.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:11 pm

Let's not slice until we kill the stormtrooper. No need to slice until we take out the final threat. He has a rifle and wants to shoot us with it. :P

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:12 pm

Of course, anyone can take the first slot Thino will slice after the trooper is dead

Currently on Dubai time

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:55 pm

Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:12 pm
Of course, anyone can take the first slot Thino will slice after the trooper is dead
Yeah, Thino or Oona will have to shoot the stormtrooper. Vesper can't act due to her crit, so that means you or Oona needs to finish the combat. Best to reserve both PC slots for you two and leave Vesper for last in case worst-case scenario happens and you both miss. The slicing can be done after we exit structured time.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:20 pm

@Boutrose Saba-Norr, I think you have a better chance of finishing off the final stormtrooper. Vesper can't act this round, and Thino is a better shot than Oona. After he's down, we can search for code cylinders or just slice our way past security.

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:33 pm

Oh yeah, sorry I thought that's what Boutrose meant. I wasn't sure we'd leave structured play once the trooper goes down as there are clearly more upstairs but if we're banking on breathing room then Thino is absolutely the best person to take the shot.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:53 pm

Yeah, a little GM insight. We will be out of structured time to make the fixes to the elevator.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:33 pm

Woot Woot!

@DeepSpacer You mentioned previously that their was an incoming spacecraft on the radar. Orders were given to ignore it before the tower was jammed. The people in the top of the turret are now aware they are under attack. Helios is outside in the complex would he see the tower re positioning for an attack? Would the people inside the tower be able to tell if it begins re-positioning for an attack?

A few considerations: Hell and his co-pilot are focused on radio transmissions/ pilot movements/ tie locations and things around the air field. The turret may not be something they would notice even if it did move. Firing is another matter though as I image an anti spacecraft turret makes quite the scene when it goes off.

The turret itself likely rotates to allow the gun to target spacecraft. If the portion the PCs are in rotates as well they should be able to tell if it is moving. If the top of the turret is the only part that rotates then they may not be able to tell from that.

Return to “Discussion”