OOC - "The Ison Corridor"

Discussions out-of-character (OOC) and Q&A about the game.
Forum rules
ImageUse LSUse DS * Update
Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Re: OOC - "The Ison Corridor"

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:05 am

hi guys, sorry this is my first post today, didn't get much sleep last night and had to take my wife to get her teeth pulled this morning, most of the rest of the day was spent taking care of her or passed out from exhaustion. I can't exactly catch up and reply now but i'll try to tomorrow morning.
Active: Thino Krist Vo Cari Thew'Ruk Turugh’aie’azanon
Inactive: Goran Hownar Edessa

Currently on Dubai time

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:58 am

Sorry to hear that Boutrose, I hope she's okay.

@DeepSpacer that is a cool couple of posts. I like they way Kettle's dishing out orders left and right and I'm looking forward to seeing how Ronin reacts to buying Pitts' baloney.

To my mind, Kettel is telling Oona she's on scout duty so I'd like to kick off by asking around the station for news about Imperial and rebel activity as subtly as possible.

As a player I'm hoping to find news of the rebel transport and perhaps discover if anyone has a grudge against the Empire we might get help from if needed.

What check and Difficulty would I be looking at?

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:05 pm

Boutrose Saba-Norr wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:05 am
hi guys, sorry this is my first post today, didn't get much sleep last night and had to take my wife to get her teeth pulled this morning, most of the rest of the day was spent taking care of her or passed out from exhaustion. I can't exactly catch up and reply now but i'll try to tomorrow morning.
No problem at all. Please, people come first. :)
For me, Nephew's soccer game and work, plus moving someone tomorrow, so little else from me for the weekend. I hope thing turn more positive for you and the wife as things progress this next day or so. :)

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:11 pm

SanguineAngel wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:58 am
Sorry to hear that Boutrose, I hope she's okay.

@DeepSpacer that is a cool couple of posts. I like they way Kettle's dishing out orders left and right and I'm looking forward to seeing how Ronin reacts to buying Pitts' baloney.

To my mind, Kettel is telling Oona she's on scout duty so I'd like to kick off by asking around the station for news about Imperial and rebel activity as subtly as possible.

As a player I'm hoping to find news of the rebel transport and perhaps discover if anyone has a grudge against the Empire we might get help from if needed.

What check and Difficulty would I be looking at?
Thanks!

Well, some will go to inquire and negotiate with Mazlum. I suppose you could recommend that ALL go do that and then ALL go scrounge for info (in either order). Split or stay together. Kettel is open to suggestions. He is my NPC suggestion tool to steer things a bit. You all can decide a how and when. Right now, you haven't left the ship or hangar yet. You don't know who or what else is on the station. I'll think of a Streetwise check for info gathering.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:58 pm

Hell will look around for the disreputables to see about new smuggling routes.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:50 pm

@DeepSpacer, Vesper would likely greet Ronin's insistence that we get rid of the prisoner with a mixture of agreement and disappointment. She really does think we need to adhere to Republic-era laws about prisoners of war, meaning that we can't just maroon him somewhere since we've taken on responsibility for him. So far I've just been making these up as I go along, but do you want a roll for her to know this information? Knowledge (Warfare) or (Education), maybe? Or should I just keep improvising laws that mostly mimic the real-life rules of the Geneva Convention as I've been doing?

Other than that, I think Vesper would be most interested in going to see Mazlum. She's a stickler about our supplies and would want to make sure we didn't barter away too many, since that's her Duty after all. That said, she's no natural Negotiator, so one of our faces should most certainly come along! :)

Matt Skywalker
Scoundrel

Post by Matt Skywalker » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:23 pm

I'll go, this should be fun
I solemnly swear that I am up to no good

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:01 pm

DeepSpacer wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:05 pm
Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:05 am
No problem at all. Please, people come first. :)
For me, Nephew's soccer game and work, plus moving someone tomorrow, so little else from me for the weekend. I hope thing turn more positive for you and the wife as things progress this next day or so. :)
thanks for the reassurances and i know, but i don't like to leave you guys hanging lol. have fun this weekend

Currently on Dubai time

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:10 pm

SavageBob wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:50 pm
DeepSpacer, Vesper would likely greet Ronin's insistence that we get rid of the prisoner with a mixture of agreement and disappointment. She really does think we need to adhere to Republic-era laws about prisoners of war, meaning that we can't just maroon him somewhere since we've taken on responsibility for him.
Marooning a person is perfectly acceptable so long as it is not a place where death is imminent. A good guy would maroon someone on a tech-less planet with food and water. A bad guy would maroon someone on a molten rock with nothing but a canteen of water, or a wide savage planet of beasts where you have little chance of survival.
SavageBob wrote:
So far I've just been making these up as I go along, but do you want a roll for her to know this information? Knowledge (Warfare) or (Education), maybe? Or should I just keep improvising laws that mostly mimic the real-life rules of the Geneva Convention as I've been doing?
No roll needed. Humane treatment is the key and is more Star Warsy....and cinematic.
SavageBob wrote:
Other than that, I think Vesper would be most interested in going to see Mazlum. She's a stickler about our supplies and would want to make sure we didn't barter away too many, since that's her Duty after all. That said, she's no natural Negotiator, so one of our faces should most certainly come along! :)
The Duty aspect is GREAT! I hadn't factored that in.

Vesper to Mazlum (w/ Kettel)
Helios to explorer the station.
Matt Skywalker wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:23 pm
I'll go, this should be fun
I'll go where? With whom?

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:14 pm

I'm happy for Oona to go to Mazlum with Vesper but I suspect that's what Matt was referring to, so I'll stick to my initial interpretation of Kettel's orders to scout out the locals with Helios unless anyone specifically requests Oona presence. As mentioned, she's after word of the rebel transport and potential allies.

Matt Skywalker
Scoundrel

Post by Matt Skywalker » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:22 pm

Yeah that is what I was referring to.

Matt Skywalker
Scoundrel

Post by Matt Skywalker » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:52 pm

I think I have an idea for our imperial prisoner problem. Just give me a bit to think this through

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:18 am

I also had a thought that would probably be deeply suspicious but something I am sure is straight out of a film or something. We could sedate him and pretend he's just a member of our crew, injured and unconscious since the incident that dinged our ship.

Of course, that sounds like a plan B or even C to me! But could be fun to play out. Look forward to hearing your idea, matt.

Matt Skywalker
Scoundrel

Post by Matt Skywalker » Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:28 pm

O got it, we could tell them that our "friend" went insane and were taking him to a ward in the core. We'd need someone with deception but I think we could pull it off

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:17 pm

Yeah, I think we leave our prisoner on board for now. No need to do anything with him. Vesper wants to turn him over to the Alliance if we can ever regroup with them.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:42 pm

@DeepSpacer what did kettel mean by his orders to thino?

also, I'm glad it was resolved to keep Pitts, I feel like turning him to the rebellion is going to be my fun side project,

as for how we are going to keep Pitts a secret, I think we could have vesper as ships doctor say that he is gravely sick with something that makes him say delirious things and lie compulsively, and as a result, he is being quarantined in one of the bunkrooms and how it's not contagious but it is necessary for his own health. I don't know if we've moved too far past that question for thino to answer it and have it still make sense naratively

Currently on Dubai time

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:53 pm

Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:42 pm
@DeepSpacer what did kettel mean by his orders to thino?
To which order do you refer? I checked back 2 pages and didn't see one.
also, I'm glad it was resolved to keep Pitts, I feel like turning him to the rebellion is going to be my fun side project,
Honestly, I can go many ways with it. It is just as interesting to see how PC's deal with it.
as for how we are going to keep Pitts a secret, I think we could have vesper as ships doctor say that he is gravely sick with something that makes him say delirious things and lie compulsively, and as a result, he is being quarantined in one of the bunkrooms and how it's not contagious but it is necessary for his own health. I don't know if we've moved too far past that question for thino to answer it and have it still make sense naratively
The station personnel outside the ship do not know about him. We're not 'required' to disclose all of our crew. A being's ship is their own business.

Given there might be beings around the ship durings it's repair, refueling, and maintenance, some cover story might be warranted. Or, gag him and place him in the refresher for the duration.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Tue May 01, 2018 12:53 am

@DeepSpacer this one specifically
DeepSpacer wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:37 am
"I didn’t like the look of those guard, either,Thino. Let's do our best not to upset them!" [/b][/color]
but it seems like kettel has already given follow up orders

Currently on Dubai time

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue May 01, 2018 1:14 am

Tue May 01, 2018 12:53 am
@DeepSpacer this one specifically
DeepSpacer wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:37 am
"I didn’t like the look of those guard, either,Thino. Let's do our best not to upset them!" [/b][/color]
but it seems like kettel has already given follow up orders
An order????? Well.....don't mess with the guards!!! Don't poke them with sticks. Don't mouth off to them. Don't shoot an apple off their heads. Stuff like that. Don't bother them and they won't bother us. Just a saying, that's all.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Wed May 02, 2018 12:20 am

Hell will make the check for his group since he has the best streetwise. Can I get boosts for Lana and Thino to the check?

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed May 02, 2018 1:27 am

swrider wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 12:20 am
Hell will make the check for his group since he has the best streetwise. Can I get boosts for Lana and Thino to the check?
The two boosts given ARE from the others. I maxed it at two.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Wed May 02, 2018 3:00 am

i was just checking to see if the setback was removed from street smarts lol, @swrider @SanguineAngel when you guys want to play out our search i'm ready

Currently on Dubai time

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Wed May 02, 2018 3:06 am

Just posted. :) It was a good roll.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Wed May 02, 2018 3:19 am

nice, I'll try to think of something to say ic

Currently on Dubai time

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed May 02, 2018 3:44 am

swrider wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 3:06 am
Just posted. :) It was a good roll.
CRB:
- "Reduce time or funds required to obtain item, information or service."
- "Reveal additional rumours or alternative sources."

REALLY GOOD ROLL!!! I'll take some time to digest what it will mean. Needless to say, you find something/someone rather quickly. Suggestions welcome! :D

Return to “Discussion”