IC: Darlyn Boda

The game's in-character (IC) narrative.
DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Re: IC: Darlyn Boda

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:31 pm

"Expensive things, those Rebel starships.... {cough, cough}

Ty Janus raises his left arm up over a chair to his left. He looks away in that direction, as if staring into space. His right hand, still on the table, taps the table twice as if expecting something more to happen (like more credits).

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:46 am

Vesper thinks back to stories she's heard from comrades who trade with infochants and the like, hoping to come to some idea of how much to offer the man.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:28 pm

She casually tosses three 50-credit chits next to the one Helios already laid down.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:54 am

The one-eyed man strikes a grin as the credit chits hit the table. "That's more like it!" he says. He then clears his throat. "If you are who I think you are, then answer me these three things:

"1) What is the TIE Fighter capacity of an Imperial-class Star destroyer?"

"2) What does a liter of bacta and an average medpac go for on the open market these days?"

"...and..."

"3) What's the maximum altitude of a Rebel T-47?"

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:20 pm

Vesper confers with Kettel on the first question. "We never covered that in school, but it must be upwards of 60." Kettel agrees, giving the precise number of TIEs on a Star Destroyer: 72.

For the medicine question, Vesper smiles. "That's a trick question. Bacta should only run you 20 credits or so, a medpac maybe 400. But with all the Imperial shenanigans with the Vratix, the prices are fluctuating quite a lot. It's a shame, since sometimes your best bet is to get the stuff on the black market, and then there's no way to judge the purity of what you're getting."

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:55 pm

That's too easy. A t-47 had a Mac altitude of 175 m with a crew capacity of two. Now let me tell you about the greens of the imperial fleet ...

Hell rambles of for a while with specifics if various starfighters and other ships, his excitement at the topic oozing through his words.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:15 am

"EXCELLENT!!!" says a voice from behind you. It is the patron at the bar who was watching local gravball on the holoscreen. He is obvious now that he had been eavesdropping the whole time. "Thanks Ty. A pleasure doing business." he says as he tosses a bag (of credits, you suspect) to the man at the table. The man also scoops up the credit chits already there.

He turns back at Vesper, Kettel and Helios. "Cal Bondi, at your service! Ty, here, screens patrons who come wondering in. He has a keen eye for details!" says Cal, amused at the 'keen eye' pun he just made. Perhaps a pun he has made on many occasions! "I thought I recognized a hint of military posturing among you as you walked in. I am a local of these parts.I know of the comings and goings of many people here. I can help you find what you seek."

"You can cal me Cal. And your names are?"

Spoiler:
Cal Bondi.jpg
Cal Bondi.jpg (96.71 KiB) Viewed 4412 times

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:43 pm

"I'm Vesper Reshari. These two are Hell Loco and Kettel. And I have no idea what you mean about military posturing," she says with sarcasm. "I'm a medical doctor."

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:34 pm

Hell gets a grin on his face thinking of his recent romp in a walker.I've been behind the controls of a military vehicle or two. Service though, lets just say white isn't my color.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:04 pm

"Jameis Kettel," replies the captain with a firm handshake and a stern look.

"Firm handshake. Stiff, upright posture. Military school, no?'

Call Bondi lowers his voice. "The Empire keeps a modest force here on Darlyn Boda, but their base is in the jungle outside Boda City. They maintain loose oversight over the spaceport, but little else. We hope to keep it that way."

"We must keep a low profile. There are still spies about, I suspect."

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:54 pm

Helios, listens in on the conversation intently. Though he scans the rooms to see if anyone else is paying undue attention.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:10 am

Hell sees no one paying them undue attention at the moment. The tavern-goers tend to keep to themselves.

Bondi speaks….
“I’ve always resented the presence of the Imperials. Even here, way out in the Outer Rim, it lurks like a shadow over everything. Anything I can do to hasten its departure, I will do.”

“A few weeks ago, the Imperials locked down the ENTIRE Anoat Sector!!! They said there were members of the Rebellion within the sector and that a blockade would help them track down the Rebels and prevent their escape. But all the blockade has done is put a stranglehold on the economies in the sector.”

“I will take you to a contact. The contact will take you where you wish to go if you check out further.”

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:37 am

Cal Bondi takes you to a discrete housing settlement off of the main thoroughfare. The streets are damp with moisture and the weather is hot and sticky.
images.jpg
images.jpg (9.18 KiB) Viewed 4394 times
With a knock on the door, a few seconds pass before an eye slot slides open on the door. "Password?" the (female) person asks.

"Rebel Scum" replies Bondi.

With that response, a few seconds pass and the door opens. Inside is a fair-skinned woman who looks very familiar with Captain Kettel, Vesper, & Helios. She is a woman who worked in communications at Echo Base. She was also present when our supply run mission was given to the group. She looks a little more unkempt than she did weeks ago, and she is now wearing a cloak. Gone is the white, insulated uniform and any insignia of rank. You honestly do not recall what 'official' rank she had. She lets everyone inside and pulls down the hood of her cloak.

"I know these people!!!" she exclaims to Cal Bondi. "They're from Echo Base!!!" She appears genuinely excited to see you. "Toryn Farr, communications officer. You? You went out on a supply mission before the Hoth invasion, correct?"

Spoiler:
Toryn Farr (1).JPG
Toryn Farr (1).JPG (23.45 KiB) Viewed 4394 times

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:14 pm

Hell leans into his closest companion and whispers.I'm not sure, but I might own her money.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:47 am

"Toryn! You made it off that ice ball!" Vesper says, genuinely excited to see the woman. "We missed all the fun. By the time we got back, the whole place'd been evacuated. We swooped up a few stragglers, and we've been trying to find the fleet ever since!" She takes a breath. "What're you doing here?"

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:18 pm

"Missed the fun?!!?!?" she says as the happy look fades from her face and turns into a frown. "Evacuated, yes, but at a cost. The Imperials forced us out." she replied sadly. At this moment you see an injured human female lying on a bed in the back room, her face and neck covered with bandages. She pauses.

"A few stragglers, you say? Ones who returned to Hoth in escape pods??? You see, our GR-75 transport, Bright Hope, was terribly damaged in our escape attempt. We were the last transport out, at Princess Leia's request."

"We were stranded in space and we jettisoned three escape pods full of important personnel back to Hoth in order to avoid capture. When mercenaries employed by the Empire found us, I convinced them to bring us here rather than turn us in."

"We had contacts here. Darlyn Boda was a staging point for Echo Base."

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:14 pm

Vesper smiles apologetically. "No slight intended, Toryn. It was a figure of speech. The soldiers we rescued were holed up in a bunker. Wasn't many, just a handful. They're here now, back on our ship. But do you know about this downed Rebel ship here on planet?"

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:56 am

"Those weren't the high-priority personnel we sent back, but we're glad that you rescued who you did."

"Our transport is buried deep in the jungles here. About 90 of us made it, but more than half of us are injured. Some more severe than others."

"Any sign of Princess Leia? She was supposed to get out on Captain Solo's Millenium Falcon, an old YT freighter. The cave to our hangar collapsed due to the Imperial bombardment."

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:07 pm

I haven't seen her. Knowing the Capt though she made it out just fine. He wouldn't let no imp get the best of him.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:23 am

swrider wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:07 pm
I haven't seen her. Knowing the Capt though she made it out just fine. He wouldn't let no imp get the best of him.
"You're probably right, Helios. We don't have much communication here. We've be lying low until things calm down a bit."
SavageBob wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:14 pm
Vesper smiles apologetically. "No slight intended, Toryn..........But do you know about this downed Rebel ship here on planet?"
"Vesper, if we can get to the ship, there are other wounded there. Do you have your medical equipment on-hand? THIS is my sister, Samoc Farr. Best pilot in the galaxy as far as I'm concerned. Certainly, the best Echo Base had to offer. She was gravely wounded in the battle on Hoth. Medical supplies are in short supply here and we are short on credits to purchase such things. Did you and the Red Dawn succeed on the supply run? Are there supplies on the ship? If so, we should get them to the rest of the wounded. My sister here has been out of it for some time. Could you perhaps look at her and address her condition? A week of rest has not helped her."
Off Topic
Samoc Farr has been gravely wounded. Severe burns to her neck and the right side of her face. She has a 126-130 Gruesome Injury. (ImageImageImageImage). Vesper can attempt to address (heal) the critical injury now using her equipment.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:11 pm

"Let's take a look at your sister, then we can talk about the medical supplies." Vesper kneels next to the injured woman and takes out her physician's kit and medical datapad. "Let me have a look at that. You're going to be OK. Toryn, hand me that gauze..."
Spoiler:
Equipment removes a purple, adds boost, and adds an advantage. Taking a boost from assistance from Toryn.

Vesper Reshari; Uprising; Medicine :
2 Successes, 4 Advantages
1 Advantage(s) added From talents or equipment
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Is she unconscious? The advantage can either bring her to, or give her wounds back if possible.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:24 pm

SavageBob wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:11 pm
"Let's take a look at your sister, then we can talk about the medical supplies." Vesper kneels next to the injured woman and takes out her physician's kit and medical datapad.
2 Successes, 4 Advantages
The heroine comes to life and speaks for a few seconds. "Toryn???" It took some time working on her (maybe an hour), but it was successful.

"SAMOC!!!" Toryn says surprisingly as she rushes over to her sister's bed and grasps her hand. The satisfaction of seeing Toryn gives her great relief, even in her injured state. After a few seconds of eye contact, the fatigue takes back over and Samoc falls asleep with a slight smile on her face. She should be fine with some additional rest.

"Vesper, I am SO grateful for your efforts! My sister was in a state of flux but now seems on the way to recovery. Just a little more rest... Trandport C17, Bright Hope, is hidden in the jungles. Many wounded and dying there could use your skills. We'll get to them soon!"

"Now....about your supply run for the Rebellion. How did it go? What happened on your trip?"
she asks, looking at Kettel, Helios and Vesper.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:34 am

Vesper smiles at the appreciation. "No, it's my pleasure, really." She begins putting away her medical supplies. "I'm glad the Bright Hope is still out there. The name's appropriate. We should get a move on ASAP." As she shuts the medkit, she continues: "The supply run was... interesting. We did get some medical supplies. I'm glad about that. But we also ended up in one of those enemy-of-my-enemy situations. Basically, bunch of pirates had been hounded by the Empire, so they helped us blow up a fuel depot on Ione. Then they sent us your way."

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:56 pm

"IONE?!?!?! That was YOU?" she asks incredulously. "This is GREAT NEWS!!! The people of Ione have been so reluctant to support the Alliance. Not many strong leaders there. Pirates, you say? We don't need their kind. But I guess that against a common foe, its tolerable. It might even be advantageous in this sector."

"Plus, that raid is going to cripple Imperial operations in the Sector! It's going to buy us some time. We need to get those medical supplies to the rest of the crew. They are well-needed."

"Anything else?"

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:02 pm

We brought corporal yappy or whatever good babe (his name) is from ion Ione as prisoner. And picked up a few of ours from the old base. Also did you finish your analysis of that chemical weapons the imps were using? hellos directs the last question to the doc.

Return to “The Story”