IC: The Assault on Ione

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:17 pm

LC Turret (1).jpg
LC Turret (1).jpg (181.73 KiB) Viewed 4150 times

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Re: IC: The Assault on Ione

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:26 pm

Thino, Vesper, Oona & crew make their way over to the nearest turret (near the eastern side of the base, the side where the barrack exist). The door opens by your code cylinder (the same one used on the communication tower). The security door slides open and someone anxiously blurts out immediately as the door slides open, “Sir, we received the high alert signal and all personnel are….”

Standing there at attention is an Imperial Army Officer with three Stormtroopers, who are also standing at attention (carbines strapped to their sides). The Officer pauses, and then gets a puzzled look on his face. “You’re not Commander Bullard, nor are you the Major!!!” Instinctively, their hands go for their weapons.
Spoiler:
It was left unsaid who will be delivering the inspection, so I took some liberty with it. They “instinctively go for their weapons” because they are anxious with the base being on high alert. That is, their hands are ready to draw their weapons.

Up to you, now. You can try and Bluff (vs Red-Red-Purple) again or roll for Initiative (Cool).
Two power generators operate in the background, their tubes and cables leading far up into the distant ceiling above. An open, flat repulsor platform (open elevator) with railings is against the wall, ready to take anyone up to the top tier far about the entryway.
Spoiler:
That is:
-Bottom: entry way w/ generators
-Top: engine room for turning turret HIGH above (long distance)
-Top Tier has access ladder to inside the turret

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:41 pm

Seeing the Officer and his men reach for their weapons, Thino begins to reach for his own, but stops himself as his had begins to move, The last thing we want her is a firefight.

Thino alters his hand movement, trying to play it off as if he weren't reaching for his blaster, and uses his hand to make a downward wave as if to tell the men to put their weapons away.

"Commander Bullard and the Major went off to deal with a report I delivered to them of an imminent Rebel incursion. As for who I am, the less you know the better, but I will allow my associate here to explain the situation. Officer Oona, you are better at talking, let these dutiful soldiers know what the situation is."
Active: Thino Krist Vo Cari Thew'Ruk Turugh’aie’azanon
Inactive: Goran Hownar Edessa

Currently on Dubai time

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:59 pm

Vesper keeps her blaster rifle in hand, but is careful to keep it pointed away from everyone present. Best to wait to see how they respond to Oona's cover story.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:05 pm

Boutrose Saba-Norr wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:41 pm
Thino alters his hand movement, trying to play it off as if he weren't reaching for his blaster, and uses his hand to make a downward wave as if to tell the men to put their weapons away.

"Commander Bullard and the Major went off to deal with a report I delivered to them of an imminent Rebel incursion. As for who I am, the less you know the better, but I will allow my associate here to explain the situation. Officer Oona, you are better at talking, let these dutiful soldiers know what the situation is."
The Officer looks at the Rodian in a bit of stunned disbelief, but also with a bit of anti-alien animosity."The "Less I know the better"??? He looks up and down at our uniforms and at the host of people standing there."Why....it looks like we're being asked to shelter a small army! NO name. NO Imperial RANK on your uniform. NO inspection gear. A bunch of Ione guardsmen behind you. Just WHY should I assume the Commander sent YOU perform an inspection?"
Spoiler:
Thino takes +1 Strain from the Imperial's Coercion roll vs Thino.

NPC; Uprising; Coercion roll w/DP:
2 Successes, 0 Advantage
ImageImageImage

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:26 am

Thino's calm mannerisms buys Oona the time to explain. (Also delivering a Boost die).

"Why am I speaking to YOU, if THIS is the person with the answers? You'll know better to stay silent next time!"

(2 Threats: " Turn those affected negatively against character.")
Spoiler:
Boutrose Saba-Norr wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:03 am
Should make it easier for Oona to do a deception and get us in.

Thino Krist; Uprising; charm:
2 Successes, 2 Threats

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:33 pm

Oona voice drips with patronising condescension, "Stand down, you simpering imbecile.. Half this base is dressed as Ionian security. We know full well you have just been told to expect oversight here as I gave the order myself. We're it. Not that we need explain ourselves to you, but this creature is a spy, "she patronisingly puts up her hands to forestall any idiocy, "... One of ours... Commander Bullard has taken a force to pre-emptively strike at a nearby rebel army. In his absence and under authority of Admiral Cardot, to whom we report, we have taken charge of the base defences. Obviously, we are not broadcasting this information, or your crew's orders, in case our communications are intercepted. Now, stand aside and let us in."
Last edited by SanguineAngel on Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:42 pm

Dennies familiarize yourself with the weapons consoles. It looks like we have the accelerator here, break, aiming mechanisms firing, communications system. Everything seems to be in order. Take aim at the closest of those pilot transports I'll target the nearest ones. Be ready to fire on my mark. As Hell finishes speaking he takes aim at his designated target.
Spoiler:
viewtopic.php?f=96&t=781#p27607
Roll to familiarize myself posted in above thread.
1 success 7 advantages.
You mentioned advantages being used to provide boosts. How about two to Hell and three to Dennies on their respective attacks? That would make Dennies attack be

Plus a boost from aiming now and another boost from aiming on the round bringing it to
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:20 am

Hearing Oona's tone, Vesper gives the Imperials her best glare. She shuffles the rifle ever so slightly. Just to remind them she has it.
Spoiler:
Jockeying for a Image to Oona's Coercion check. :)

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:03 pm

Hell gets a bit somber as he focuses on the controls "There is a real chance we don't make it through this. If we don't our sacrifice will help our friends and our cause. You've always been there for me buddy and I thank you for that. Hell reaches out towards Dennies before placing his hand in thin air making petting motions. "I never did give you a name and that is a disservice. From now on you shall be called Headhunter. I love you buddy." Hell signs deeply before looking up to see a confused look on Dennies face. "Dennies in case we don't make it through this, I just want you to know. I'm sorry I called you Joons earlier." Hell says before Turning back toward the controls
Spoiler:
Had I rolled a Light side Pip Headhunter would have bumped Dennies chair making it swivel slightly.

Helios; Uprising; Nexu move chair:
, 1 Dark Side

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:05 pm

Spoiler:

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:22 am

SanguineAngel wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:33 pm
Oona voice drips with patronising condescension, "Stand down, you simpering imbecile.. Half this base is dressed as Ionian security. We know full well you have just been told to expect oversight here as I gave the order myself. We're it. Not that we need explain ourselves to you, but this creature is a spy, "she patronisingly puts up her hands to forestall any idiocy, "... One of ours... Commander Bullard has taken a force to pre-emptively strike at a nearby rebel army. In his absence and under authority of Admiral Cardot, to whom we report, we have taken charge of the base defences. Obviously, we are not broadcasting this information, or your crew's orders, in case our communications are intercepted. Now, stand aside and let us in."
Spoiler:
“IMBECILE!!! I will yield NOTHING!!!” The Army Office becomes infuriated!!! He goes on an obscenity-laced rant about “lack of proper protocol”, “not receiving proper notice”, “given proper respect”, the unannounced “Admiral Bardot”, and other perceived slights and insults (mostly nothing to do with Oona).

With this, his gaze turns from Oona (and the others) as be begins to quickly pace back and forth in a two-meter area before us with his head looking downward (as if talking out-loud to himself in his own kind of personal rant). It appears that Oona has inadvertently “hit a nerve”. But, to our own advantage, he has (seemingly) gone into his own little world, paying no attention to those around him, for a few seconds.

{{Roll Cool initiative, if you’d like to seize the opportunity to attack at this point.}}

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:32 am

The tension in the room is palpable. This situation is going south fast. If I don't act now, we're as good as dead.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:36 pm

Thino tenses his right arm where his hidden vamblade is located, sensing the inevitability of this. We tried to do this nicely.
Spoiler:

Currently on Dubai time

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:13 pm

For the Stormtroopers, this is like deja vu. They have seen this scene before back on Eriadu under Tarkin. Rebel insurgents posing as Imperials to undermine the Empire!!! They were quick on the trigger, but cautious enough to use stun around their immediate commanding officer (just in case). This loud woman seems confident enough....but her friends are getting anxious...TOO anxious

"THERE THEY ARE!!! SET TO STUN!!!"

They shoot their carbines over the heads of the group against the back wall, impacting harmlessly.
Spoiler:
Maneuver: draw weapon
Incidental: set to stun
Action: shoot, targeting Vesper first.
Short Image + Engaged with R-Heavy ImageImage

NPC; Uprising; Stormtroopers (3) :
0 Success, 0 Advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:31 am

"Hey! What's the big idea!" Vesper takes a step back, aims, and fires at the stormtroopers—rifle set to stun.
Spoiler:
Vesper Reshari; Uprising; Ranged (Heavy):

Disengage, aim (2 strain), fire.

4 Successes, 2 Advantages

ImageImageImageImageImage

13 damage before soak. Will use the 2 Advantages to regain the 2 strain from the second maneuver.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:51 am

One less Stormtrooper standing after Vesper returns fire!

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:39 am

Thino moves to attack the officer, trying to thrust his open palm into their chin with the intention of puncturing his trachea by releasing his vamblade but things didn't go as planned.

Currently on Dubai time

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:02 am

Thino's assault goes wide of its target. Soldiers Kwist and Braxxx draw their weapons (maneuver) and lay down some covering fire against the enemy (action taken as a maneuver).
{{All allies gain +1 Ranged Defense.}}
Spoiler:
"Covering Fire" is something Army Soldiers get according to the AofR CRB.

As a minion, they could not take two maneuvers and an action. To shoot on the Stormtroopers while engaged would risk (upgrade to Challenge die) the others. This seemed like the logical move for now.

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:35 am

Action: Oona lets loose a string of invective fierce enough to make a bantha blush as she scolds the young officer for questioning her command, as she curses his stubborn stupidity, and as the blaster fire starts to fly. (Scathing Tirade with a boost passed to the next player and recover 1 strain)
Spoiler:
Oona Braitano; Uprising; Scathing Tirade:
0 Success, 2 Advantages
0 Success(es) added from talents or equipment
0 Advantage(s) added From talents or equipment
Maneuvers 1 & 2: She tries her best to prevent the officer from acting, poking him in the chest with her finger and berating him continuously and hoping to keep him from being able to attack her and to use him as a shield. (Defensive stance & Take Cover)

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:25 pm

The startled Imperial Army Officer puts his hand to his ear, which has a comlink with a thin cable attached to it.. (an incidental)

"Rebel troops have entered the base! Rebel troops have entered the base! Kssshhhhhhh......"

The Office barks commands to the Stormtroopers (who gain +1 Boost) and then takes himself out of melee range to a place behind the Stormtroopers (disengaged).

{Incidental, maneuver, maneuver}

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:50 pm

Vesper steels herself despite the officer warning the base. She takes steady aim at the stormtroopers and fires, but her blasts go wide of the mark.
Spoiler:
Vesper Reshari; Uprising; Ranged (Heavy):

Aim, Aim (2 Strain), shoot!

0 Success, 1 Advantage

Yikes! Will pass a boost to the next attacker.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:25 pm

The Stormtroopers return fire to Vesper, striking her and leaving her stunned.
Spoiler:
Incidental: switch to lethal
+1 Boost from Officer
Aim: +1 Boost
Action: shoot with DP

NPC; Uprising; Stormtrooper Attack w/DP:
2 Successes, 4 Advantages

11 Damage - Soak.
3 Adv for Critical
1 Adv pass Boost
Spoiler:
NPC; Uprising; Critical Roll:
Numeric Roll: 1D100+=33
33% Stunned: PC cannot perform action on next turn.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:53 am

Thino uses a maneuver to draw his weapon, then spends a strain to gain another maneuver in order to aim.

"well, I wish I could say it's been nice talking with you boys. I don't usually like to resort to this but I can't risk you getting through the com jammer somehow." He lets out a hail of blaster bolts from his light repeating blaster, trying to use autofire, but only succeeding in hitting his initial target, the man leading these two troopers, with the recoil of the blast causing his second blast going wide and missing the man by inches.
Spoiler:
Thino Krist; Uprising; autofire ygg against pr, upgraded with aim to yyg:
1 Success, 1 Advantage

Correction roll:
Thino Krist; Uprising; roll corection:
1 Success, 2 Advantages
0 Success(es) added from talents or equipment
0 Advantage(s) added From talents or equipment
ImageImageImage

second attack:
Thino Krist; Uprising; Autofire triggered, firing again:
0 Success, 0 Advantage

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Light Repeating Blaster: HP 4, Ranged Heavy, long, Damage 11, crit 3, autofire; cumbersome 4, pierce 1

2 success makes it 13 damage with pierce 1

3 advantages using 2 to activate autofire and passing the one advantage on to the second attack,

second attack results in a total wash no damage

Currently on Dubai time

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:15 am

Thino's flurry of blasts at short range strike the Imperial Army Officer twice in the chest and he falls to the ground, motionless. Behind him, the Kwist and Braxx focus their fire on the remaining Stormtroopers (2) who are reeling from the flurry of blaster fire.

After the hail of rifle fire, only one Stormtrooper remains.
{{{ Oona and the another PC (any) go before it does in the initiative order. }}}

High above, some flashes of light and some sparks can be seen at the top of the gun tower. (The repulsor platform before us leads up to an open section of the top floor allowing us to see the light and sparks.) One would guess that the Imperials up there have crudely attempted to sabotage the repulsor lift from their end in an attempt to prevent the intruders from accessing the turret at the top.
Spoiler:
NPC; Uprising; Rebel Soldiers:
1 Success, 1 Advantage

ImageImageImage

Return to “The Story”