IC: City of Corin ...and Beyond

The game's in-character (IC) narrative.
DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Re: IC: City of Corin ...and Beyond

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:25 am

Hell's attack takes out the man at the turret and some errant bolts ricochet around the personnel carrier, lighting up the insides, as you can see through the windshield. The vehicle turns listlessly to the right and begins to head towards the wooded area (where Hell is).

Four of eight advancing guards take a spray of blaster bolts from Vesper's rifle, three of which fall to the ground.

What remains is:
Advancing 5 surviving guards. Scanner guard with four men around him. Wounded guard by Oona. Advancing vehicle towards trees, away from hills.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:27 pm

Thino sees the remaining five guards advancing towards Oona and takes the shot.
Spoiler:
Active: Thino Krist Vo Cari Thew'Ruk Turugh’aie’azanon
Inactive: Goran Hownar Edessa

Currently on Dubai time

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:16 pm

Boutrose Saba-Norr wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:27 pm
Thino sees the remaining five guards advancing towards Oona and takes the shot.
Spoiler:
Only three guards remain of the advancing group. One guard before Oona. Four with scanner-guy farther back. Top of the next round. A PC, Kettel, NPC's.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:46 am

Vesper swears. Why are these hostiles still advancing? "Morons." She takes steady aim and fires again at the advancing troops.
Spoiler:
Vesper Reshari; Uprising; Ranged (Heavy):
3 Successes, 4 Advantages

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Firing at the group of 3. That's 12 damage, plus 1 crit, plus a boost to the next ally.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:59 pm

It becomes apparent that the advancing guards are in over their heads. These are more than just some wandering fur-trappers or run-of-the-mill scavengers or thieves. A barrage of rifle fire comes over the hilltop, laying out several more guards.

Just as the GP Scanner reveals multiple lifeform readings nearby, a group of armed soldiers come rushing over the hill!! Captain Kettel has seized the initiative to press the battle when the enemy is at their weakest point and has charged the remaining guards. The few remaining guards quickly raise their arms in the air and yield to the intruders.

The A5 Heavy Speeder Truck careens off into the trees and brush, without veering in the least. It is heading directly towards a tree on a side Hell is on.

Helios can attempt (assuming he wants to) to jump on the vehicle and climb inside and use Let's Ride to get into the seat as an incidental. Jumping on this moving vehicle is an Athletics Check (AVG+GM Upgrade = CD + 2 Setbacks). Otherwise, the vehicle will impact the tree, sustaining damage.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:52 am

He'll attempts to climb on top the moving vehicle and then enter it, but falls off (+2 Strain). The vehicle crashes into a tree, and sustains minor damage . The pilot, somehow, was hit with a ricochetedblaster bolt and had slumped over the driving stick, pushing it forward.

The vehicle is NOT empty. There is a cuffed passenger with a hood over his head locked into a seat. (Triumph).

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:47 pm

Hell calls the others over as he enters the vehicle and places it in park. He pulls the hood off of the prisoner, but does not yet speak to them.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:46 pm

Seeing the enemies surrender, Vesper waits for the adrenaline to subside in her system.
Spoiler:
Vesper Reshari; Uprising; Discipline (strain recovery):
3 Successes, 1 Advantage

ImageImageImage

Now at 1 Strain.
With Kettel and the soldiers keeping the enemies under control, she rushes over to see inside the tank.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:21 pm

swrider wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:47 pm
Hell calls the others over as he enters the vehicle and places it in park. He pulls the hood off of the prisoner, but does not yet speak to them.
"WHO ARE YOU? WHAT'S THE MEANING OF THIS?"

Before you sits a man in noble regalia, embroidered robes, and the like. Yellow hair and yellowish-golden skin.
Tilwyn Greer II.JPG
Tilwyn Greer II.JPG (22.67 KiB) Viewed 3085 times

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:21 am

Oona comes out from the trees and ambles over towards the group by the truck, which looks in surprising good shape after the collision; with the interior largely concealed, it could be ideal for entry into the base. We even have some goons to get us through the gates.

She is about to consult with the captain when raised voices within the truck draw her attention. She draws her pistol once more and peeks in through the side door. Seeing the situation she holsters the gun but watches with interest.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:13 pm

Hell determined that refugee handling is out of his ballywick simply kneels down and pets his imaginary Nexu. "Its all right gir. He doesn't mean anything by it. Just settle down now. He don't mean any offence, he just doesn't realize that we saved him. Shhhh. Hey down! Don't bite! That's better, who's my good girl. That's right you are. This monologue is accompanied by various vigorous hand gestures indicating he is petting some sort of creature, playing with its ears and possibly rubbing its belly.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:25 pm

The captive looks confused, but is at least deescalated by such odd behavior.

"You're not one of them, are you?"

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:39 pm

Breaking his determination Hell looks up I'm the pilot for the group that just liberated this vehicle. I ain't no security or imperial soldier if that is what you mean. The captain will be here shortly he can answer your question. This is my pet Nexu, she is a good girl. You can call me Hell.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:36 pm

Vesper shrugs at Hell's behavior. "He's the pilot, that's the nexu, and I'm the doctor. Are you hurt?"

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:21 pm

"Huh?" says the man, perplexed by the nexu reference. "No, I am not injured. Just a little dizzy."

"Rescue? You're here to rescue me?" He says this in almost disbelief.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:33 pm

You can ask the Capra in in a minute hell says as he pilots the vehicle back over to the group. hey do wanna let the captain know his presence is requested.

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:31 pm

Seeing that the situation is benign and the prisoner in a state of confusion, Oona steps in. "Captain! There's a prisoner in here!" She settles on her haunches to examine the man's bonds, "More pertinently, who are you? And why are you trussed up in here like a Kneeb on a Hutt's dinner plate?"

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:26 am

As Kettel arrives, the prisoner behind to speak. "I......." (He pauses, and shifts around uncomfortably.) "...am Tilwyn Greer, descendant of the great Ulef Greer, long-time member of the Ionen Merchant Council and an unlawful political prisoner by the Imperial Forces that have a stranglehold on Ione. I demand that you explain who you are and release me at once!"

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:27 am

Confident enough to believe this is no ruse (given no one knew we were here), Captain Kettel addresses the captive. "Mister Tilwyn Greer, we are Rebel Alliance operatives here to disrupt the Empire's fueling operations from this planet. We were led here by a captured Imperial datapad that has entry codes for this base. We were NOT here to find YOU. You might call this an accidental rescuing."

"ACCIDENTAL, you say? By the gods, it is divine intervention! I am one of the few Ionens willing to speak up against the Imperial oppression here. Many others like me desire to do so, but lack the organization to form meaningful opposition."

"I suppose the Empire had enough of me and had me abducted. These Ionen Security Agents? They're just Imperial Navy in Ionen uniforms."

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:58 am

Seeing that the man seems to be an ally, Vesper approaches and checks his restraints. "Well, you're with friends now. Let's see if we can't get you free of these..."

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:02 am

do you have any medical skill or ability with a weapon. Captain we may want to leave him with the wounded. Perhaps the prisoners as well if we have a guard to spare.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:17 am

swrider wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:02 am
do you have any medical skill or ability with a weapon. Captain we may want to leave him with the wounded. Perhaps the prisoners as well if we have a guard to spare.
"Stay here? Well, I do NOT want to go back there [motioning towards the fuel depot]. There's enough cuffs lock them all up. I think a few guards and I can handle it. You're coming back, yes?"

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:10 am

Thino, who had been holding back and scanning the area through his blaster scope to make sure there were no other surprises on the horizon slings his LRB and heads over to the shuttle that Hell has now piloted out of the ditch. Placing a hand on the roof over his head he leans in to get a look at what everyone is staring at just in time to hear talk about leaving the prisoners with some guards and this new interesting figure.

Letting out the Rodian equivalent of a whistle Thino expresses mock surprise, "Well I got to say, the soldiers are pretty banged up, it might be better for them if we left them here to guard the prisoners while we did the raid, but as for who we leave them with; who's this guy? Doesn't look imperial. So is he a friend or a collaborator?"
Active: Thino Krist Vo Cari Thew'Ruk Turugh’aie’azanon
Inactive: Goran Hownar Edessa

Currently on Dubai time

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:06 pm

Oona stands aside to allow Vesper to unshackle the prisoner. "Councilor, thank you for your assistance. It's heartwarming to meet someone of such import willing to help with the cause. Excuse me. Captain." She exscuses herself and wonders outside to locate the Imperial prisoners. She approaches them and brazenly begins to measure her arms and legs against theres, "Now then, which of these uniforms is in my size do you think?"
Last edited by SanguineAngel on Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:19 pm

Vesper frees the prisoner. "Mr. Greer, you are once again a free man. You can call me Vesper. Looks like we're on the same side in all this. Are there many more like you, political prisoners? Others at the base perhaps?"

Return to “The Story”