IC: City of Corin ...and Beyond

The game's in-character (IC) narrative.
DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Re: IC: City of Corin ...and Beyond

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:27 am

"ON YOUR FEET SOLDIER!!! says Captain Jameis Kettel as he goes to the aid of the two downed soldiers. Within a minute he is able to snap them out of their unconsciousness and get them to some cover. They are barely hanging on after that fall, but they are all now coherent.

Rebel Soldiers now at: (1, 3, 1, 2, 1) 7/10, 12/15 WTs.
Spoiler:
NPC; Uprising; Improved Inspiring Rhetoric:
2 Successes, 2 Advantages
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

One Ally per Success, each advantage reduces Strain by 1 per.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:52 am

Vesper takes the first opportunity to apply first aid to Oona and Thino and does so with immense success. In that time, Hell takes the binoculars and spots this image through them (in the distance) kicking up dust against the mountainous backgrop. A single, low-hovering personnel vehicle of some type. At it's rate of speed, you estimate it's arrival to be only a few rounds.
Dust.JPG
Dust.JPG (10.24 KiB) Viewed 3651 times
Spoiler:
Successes heal wounds +2 Surgeon Talent
Advantages heal strain.
Double check Whose Turn Is It Now to verify the net results.

NPC; Uprising; Vesper 2 Medicine Rolls 1st Oona, 2nd Thino:
4+2 Successes, 2 Advantages

NPC; Uprising; Vesper 2 Medicine Rolls 1st Oona, 2nd Thino:
2+2 Successes, 3 Advantages

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:56 am

Non-Imperial style, it is likely a Ione vehicle. A closer, zoomed-in look reveals something like this.
Vehicle.JPG
Vehicle.JPG (34.84 KiB) Viewed 3649 times

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:36 pm

Thino buzzes in on comms, his head still spinning as he crawls over to the soldier that had been riding with him.

“Guys I’m alive, barely, vesper helped fix me up, but my bike is unsalvageble, and my soldier isn’t doing so great. Did anyone see what hit us?”
Active: Thino Krist Vo Cari Thew'Ruk Turugh’aie’azanon
Inactive: Goran Hownar Edessa

Currently on Dubai time

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:23 pm

"Doesn't matter we have a troop transport inbound from the fuel point. Not imperial standard-but armed and looks like it can hold several bodies. I am moving to the side to find a sniper location."

With that Hell takes two maneuvers away from the group finding a spot where he can crouch down behind cover and maintain a good field of fire with his rifle.
Spoiler:
two maneuvers one round, next round lay down (if possible to maintain field of view if not crouch) behind cover or concealment)

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:15 pm

Vesper moves over to where Kettel and the other soldiers are and crouches beside them, ready to administer more first aid when possible.

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:37 am

As Hell races off to find cover and a firing position, Oona is left feeling alone and exposed. She replaces her binoculars and performs a mental inventory. With the Comms Jammer being so bulky, she had opted to leave the heavier imperial blaster rifle behind, leaving her with just her pistol, though in truth she preferred a pistol. Not that her trusty slug thrower would tell much against a sizeable force.

Instead she moves over to grab Brixx by the elbow. "Sargeant, I don't think we have much in the way of heavy ordnance. Hell has taken position up there" she indicates with a nod of her head. "I plan to take to the bushes here and catch them from the other side. But I'm worried about that truck. How are your people? If we could get behind them, could we take it?" {more a question for the gm! }

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:14 pm

SanguineAngel wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:37 am
Instead she moves over to grab Brixx by the elbow. "Sargeant, I don't think we have much in the way of heavy ordnance. Hell has taken position up there" she indicates with a nod of her head. "I plan to take to the bushes here and catch them from the other side. But I'm worried about that truck. How are your people? If we could get behind them, could we take it?" {more a question for the gm! }
"We're pretty beat up, but if we can flank it, then we can take it. These vehicles have doors on the side. We just have to lure the security forces away from it. How are you (Oona) at creating a diversion? Say.....you stand on that far hill and call 'em over to ya'?"

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:34 am

Thino takes stock of his current condition while listening to the captains plan. He’s pretty beat up and could convincingly pass for a corpse to any passing imperials.

“A diversion would work better if Iona was calling them over to somthing, maybe the body of a non-human that triggered the alarm that set off those charges, wouldn’t you say?”

Currently on Dubai time

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:17 pm

Oona nods in agreement. "Very well, hide yourselves. I'll go and attract their attention. Perhaps I can draw them in and give you a chance to get behind them." She steels herself and strides back out on her own. She throws an arm in the air and begins waving wildly to attract the attention of the incoming vehicle. "Hey! Over here!"

[At this point, I believe the truck is still some way off]

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:35 pm

Thino stood up and nodded to oona, “I’ll head over to the hill to cover you,” turning to the soldier that had been flying with him, “come on, let’s move.”
Spoiler:
Thino ; Uprising ; Leadership :
2 Successes, 0 Advantage

ImageImageImageImage

Currently on Dubai time

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:08 am

SanguineAngel wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:17 pm
She (Oona) steels herself and strides back out on her own. She throws an arm in the air and begins waving wildly to attract the attention of the incoming vehicle. "Hey! Over here!"
The vehicle slows to a stop at medium distance, the ramps (on both sides) lower, and over a dozen security guards empty out, side-by-side, in rows of two.
POL88.JPG
POL88.JPG (25.44 KiB) Viewed 3590 times
Simultaneously, an announcement comes over the vehicle’s PA system to all of those outside.

“Attention! Attention! You are trespassing in a restricted area! Lay down your weapons and surrender at once. I repeat… You are in a restricted area! Lay down your arms and surrender at once!”

Beyond what you see in the picture.... The security guards are armed with blaster pistols that have scopes or sights on them. They wear helmets, blast vests, and openly carry at least one grenade each. The soldiers form into two groups of 4 on each side of the vehicle.

A lone, human woman stands (barely) long distance away. The rest are at medium range.

Oona may make a Deception Check. (CD, spent DS DP to upgrade) + 3 Setback Dice, which, I believe, she removes 2 with Talents. [+1 in restricted area, +2 already saw some people scrambling]. A good roll may alter things significantly.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:38 am

"Kriff," Vesper says under her breath. She wills herself deeper into the grassy earth, but it doesn't work.

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:45 pm

Spoiler:
{I have opted to use a Light Side point}

Oona Braitano; Uprising; Deception | Incoming "Ione Security" patrol with LS Point:
3 Successes, 1 Threat

Oona puts on a good display of looking for all the world like an innocent bystander deperately keen to speak to the authorities. As the troops disembark she lifts the corner of her mask to make sure they can hear her. "Thank the stars you've arrived. Please help me!"

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:12 pm

The security units do not draw their weapons and, instead, turn their heads to look at each other. A similarly-dressed individual steps out of the vehicle holding a small metallic box....... a general purpose scanner. That individual looks towards Oona, points towards a group of guards near him, and motions with his hand for them to advance on on Oona...... which they do. Their hands are cautiously on their holstered blaster pistols and a group of four guards walk towards Oona. They advance to medium range from her, with the other PC's to the sides of them (those 4) at short range.

As unlikely as it seems, and to the surprise of everyone, Oona's ruse seems to have worked. The individual with the scanner looks down at the box and turns some knobs, it seems. He turns a little to the left, then a little to the right. The other guards wait.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:53 am

Vesper slowly withdraws her blaster from its holster and waits to see what happens.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:33 am

Thino motions to the soldier with him to stay quiet while he starts to edge into position, his light repeater at the ready to take out the whole squad should oona's acting skills fall short.

Currently on Dubai time

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:41 pm

Is that a scanner? He must be able to detect life signs but... nothing specific, surely.

"Please, we were hit by some sort of explosion, lost control, crashed!"
She lets a little of the panic she feels bleed through, "I can't find my companions, they must be injured." A limping step forward as if truly injured, "I'm hurt... I can't-!" Come on, a little closer...

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:31 pm

SanguineAngel wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:41 pm
Is that a scanner? He must be able to detect life signs but... nothing specific, surely.

"Please, we were hit by some sort of explosion, lost control, crashed!"
She lets a little of the panic she feels bleed through, "I can't find my companions, they must be injured." A limping step forward as if truly injured, "I'm hurt... I can't-!" Come on, a little closer...
"You and your companions are in a RESTRICTED AREA!!!!"

"You will surrender IMMEDIATELY and be brought before the Empire's Imperial Regional Court!!!"

The men (4) advance to short range...comfortable talking distance from Oona (medium from others).

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:35 am

"Oh sure, I don't want any trouble." Oona straightens her thumb and the metal pin through which she had it hooked pops free from the grenade with a soft click, "Praise the Emperor," Releasing her fingers and count 1...2...3... "I'll come quietly." Throw.

Oona startsto raise her hands as if surrendering as she talks. Half way through the motion she swings her shoulder, turning the motion into a forceful throw and releasing the grenade clutched in her right hand; launching it through the air towards the guards. She immediately turns on her heel and runs as fast as she can for the ridge, directly away from the truck. Hopefully I'll get a couple of them. If not, surely that'll get them moving.

When the blast goes off, she races for the nearest cover to watch for pursuit.
Spoiler:
{Action: Throw grenade
Maneuver: Move to Medium Distance
2nd Maneuver: If there is any cover (some of those trees?) then 2 strain to take cover. If there is none available, let me know and I'll remove the line.}

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:36 pm

The grenade catches everyone off-guard. The four guards near Oona are down. One begins to move, but does not pursue Oona. He simply gets to one knee and draws his pistol, still in a daze.
EXPLO.jpg
EXPLO.jpg (13 KiB) Viewed 3537 times

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:50 pm

What the guards would have done, we don't know. Perhaps they would have continued as they are doing now. Captain Kettel, behind the ridge (or hill top) attempts to embolden his men and urges Thino to move forward.
Spoiler:
NPC; Uprising; Leadership Check - Improved Inspiring Rhetoric:
0 Success, 3 Advantages

Cpt. Kettel will pass one Boost to the NEXT PC to act and Pass One Boost to Thino, specifically, who is on the same side but further ahead.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:19 am

The blast startles the remaining guards (It is their initiative). The one with a scanner quickly looks up and frantically motions for two sets of guards to move forward. They draw their blaster pistols and red tracers beams from their laser sights scan the terrain out to medium range as they rush to engage the enemy.

The guard with a scanner also yells something to the vehicle and then forms up with the remaining four guards. The vehicle raises its ramps and (barely) engages the engine once more. A person inside the vehicle pops his head up to man the turret. The vehicle, as you can see, has two manholes (including the turret) on top which persons can access the roof.
Spoiler:
Guards (2 Groups):
Maneuver: draw weapons
Maneuver: advance to medium range.

Group 3: two maneuvers inside vehicle
Group 4: forms a squad (+1 Defense)

NPC; Uprising; Leadership Check:
2 Successes, 2 Threats
ImageImageImageImageImage

Lead Guard (we'll call him) forms a squad (+1 Defense).

Two Threats: "Opponent can expend one free maneuver" >>> Next PC (i.e. Aim, move, etc...) Or, you can spend the 2 Threats another way.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:42 pm

Hell shifts slightly to adjust his aim to the newly arrived target in the torrent of the vehicle, he turns his laser sight on and carefully takes aim. On the slight pause between breathing in and out he pulls the trigger to his trusty rifle and a blast goes directly into the soldier.
Spoiler:
maneuver aim
2nd maneuver 2 strain aim
action fire.

9 damage base +3 success = 12- soak.
7 adv -3 advantage to activate a critical hit, -3 advantage for a second critical hit and -1 advantage to pass a die to the next pc to go

Hell; Uprising; Attack Enemy In torrent:
3 Successes, 7 Advantages
1 Advantage(s) added From talents or equipment
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:26 am

As the grenade bursts and Hell shoots, Vesper is sent back to her Alliance field training. She doesn't think much about it, just points her rifle, aims, and squeezes the trigger.
Spoiler:
Vesper Reshari; Uprising; Ranged (Heavy):
2 Successes, 6 Advantages

Aimed twice (-2 Strain) and took Hell's boost.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Should be 11 damage to one of the advancing minion groups, plus enough for a double crit.

Return to “The Story”