IC: City of Corin ...and Beyond

The game's in-character (IC) narrative.
DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Re: IC: City of Corin ...and Beyond

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:00 pm

The communication center crew hesitates for a second as the stranger barks out orders, and then they start to look busy. Admiral Cardot (we'll say) is an older, commonly known Outer Rim Admiral. The two people standing at the upright terminal move aside and Thino is able to message the Red Dawn to pick up the Ionen Noble, soldiers we left behind, and the prisoners.
Once we take control, I think we should start having the comms personnel relay our orders to the rest of the base, but I can also have Thino take control of one terminal in order to give a secret message, and he wont try to be covert about it, he will literally just say he has a secret message he needs to send and requires a terminal, they already think he is a spy so there shouldn't be any resistance from them. there he will contact our npc's still on the ship and have them swing by and pick up our men and the prisoners before the admiral can get to them, and then maybe they could come and help us our here.
A coded message is sent to the pirate fleet and now it is just a matter of time before the attack. It could be up to an hour, it could be a matter of minutes. We are not privy to its location or point of origin. The goal of such an attack was to "steal" the fuel here rather than destroy it, and then leave the base in shambles. So, the threat of bombardment is minimal for the time-being.

The group looks to each other as if to inquire of each other what their next move is.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:29 pm

Before Thino can get up from the station, Vesper says, "Don't forget the medical supplies our team was supposed to pick up. Have you been able to locate them?" She leans in closer and says in a near whisper, "We need to find that nerve agent."
Spoiler:
Not sure if a Computers check is warranted. Might be combined if they both work at it.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:27 pm

You find that the communication tower's computer system is primarily a closed system used for navigation purposes. It has very little in the way of database information. However, very little time is used browsing the system and you are able to see in the shipping logs that a standard medical supply shipment was received within the last week. It was sent to the medical shelter, beside the barracks. A standard temporary shelter, as you can see from the tower windows.

The tower also houses sensor information for Ione and the nearby system (radar).
Spoiler:
Successes: "Reduce time required."
Advantages: "Uncover additional information about the system"

Vesper + Thino; Uprising; Computers:
3 Successes, 1 Advantage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Figured I'd go ahead and roll it! We can use the Successes of Advantages to shorten the time as much as possible. If there's anything left over, maybe we see that the nerve agent is in a convenient location—maybe near some easily swiped medical supplies? Or by another of our targets, like the walker?

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:53 am

Thino stands up from his console, "Very good," he says while looking down at the display, "Alright it is time to get our house in order and make sure the base is in the best tactical condition in case the commander does not succeed in holding off the rebel invasion."

Thino points to Oona, Vesper, and Hell, "You three to me, we must discuss our tactical operation," turning to one of the comms officers Thino instructs them, "Inform all locations that I am going to need a SitRep A.S.A.P. in order to best prepare us for what may come."
Active: Thino Krist Vo Cari Thew'Ruk Turugh’aie’azanon
Inactive: Goran Hownar Edessa

Currently on Dubai time

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:11 pm

Boutrose Saba-Norr wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:53 am
Thino points to Oona, Vesper, and Hell, "You three to me, we must discuss our tactical operation," turning to one of the comms officers Thino instructs them, "Inform all locations that I am going to need a SitRep A.S.A.P. in order to best prepare us for what may come."
"Sir," the operator says hesitantly, not being used to taking orders from Thino. "...two squadrons (24) of TIE Fighters still on the ground, sir. Two fuel tankers on the ground. Commands for ground forces come from the barrack command center, sir. No new air traffic in the northern hemisphere. "

Looking out the 360-degree windows, Thino & Co. can see the two Imperial Officers (along with 4 Stormtroopers) walking swiftly over to the barracks (About halfway). Several men in Ione uniforms and Imperial Navy plain clothes scramble about outside as if preparing for their arrival. An Imperial Navy Officer stands at rigid attention at the entrance to the barracks waiting for them, you assume. (Extreme distance, personal range).

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:21 pm

Hell steps forward to thino mimicking the language of those around him.Sir!

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:33 pm

The group is able to send troop, vehicle, and starship data to their allies, enhancing their chances to be successful in their attack. namely, 24 TIE Fighters on the ground, at least two AT-ST's, and an estimated 100, or so, troops.

After a few minutes of time taken to send messages and survey the computer system, a person manning the scanning station blurts out,"Sir, unauthorized starship approaching from the southeast!"
Spoiler:
"Analysis shows it is a Freighter, YT-class, armed with laser cannons. Shall we scramble fighters to intercept?"

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:59 pm

Thino looks to the radar operator and almost yells at them, mixing a deep sense of ire into his voice to let them know that he is displeased, "Do not presume my orders soldier, given our resources at this base, scrambling the ties is the least efficient manner of dealing with an incoming air combatant, not to mention could give the incoming rebels indication that we are on alert for them and therefore sabotage the commanders ambush." Thino pauses for a moment to let the implication sink into the presumably less experienced soldier, "and besides all of that, they match the description of one of my fellow operatives ships, which if you recall I sent a secret message to earlier. Patch them through to my station and let them know that Lt. Commander Thino Krist wants to talk, I want to have a secure communique with them."

Thino turned to the group, "While I am doing that, Lt. Oona, you are in charge of the men here, make sure that they don't blow something up." Thino gives Oona, Vesper, and Hell a nod as he heads to his secure station.
Active: Thino Krist Vo Cari Thew'Ruk Turugh’aie’azanon
Inactive: Goran Hownar Edessa

Currently on Dubai time

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:22 pm

"Sir we have the men radio the barracks command to coordinate our defenses? Things are progressing quickly. With your permission sir, I will take one of our soldiers and prepare one of the ATs for the upcoming assault." Hell waits for the approving nod or confirmation, in case the imperials can hear the conversation then pulls one of the rebel soldiers and moves out toward the AT-ST.

Spoiler:
Hell's first part is to point out that the barracks command may have a separate communications system. This may require us to use the jamming device.

He would grab a solider from the least needed area. Probably outside at the vehicle, but since I don't know there exact locations I'll leave that to DS to determine.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:41 am

Boutrose Saba-Norr wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:59 pm
Thino looks to the radar operator and almost yells at them, mixing a deep sense of ire into his voice to let them know that he is displeased, "Do not presume my orders soldier, given our resources at this base, scrambling the ties is the least efficient manner of dealing with an incoming air combatant, not to mention could give the incoming rebels indication that we are on alert for them and therefore sabotage the commanders ambush." Thino pauses for a moment to let the implication sink into the presumably less experienced soldier, "and besides all of that, they match the description of one of my fellow operatives ships, which if you recall I sent a secret message to earlier. Patch them through to my station and let them know that Lt. Commander Thino Krist wants to talk, I want to have a secure communique with them."
The operator looks somewhat confused since the only way to intercept an airborne intruder is with and airborne response (in his mind). Ambush??? I thought the Commander was going to attack them? he thinks to himself. Something strange goign on here.... Yet, he attempts to patch through.

"Attention unidentified YT-class freighter, this is Ione Sector Base Command. Lt. Commander Thino Krist here to speak with you."

Some time goes by (no doubt, to process what is happening) before someone responds. Ronin, you think, replies. "Uh....Sir?"

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:51 am

Vesper gives Oona a look as if to say, we're pushing our luck. "We should move out soon, Sir."

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:03 pm

Onna barely nods assent to Vesper and again claps her hands to gain the room's attention. "Right, you heard him everyone! We mustn't tip our hand and endanger Commander's pre-emptive strike. Let's keep comm traffic to an absolute minimum. We'll oversee preperations personally. Alert the ground crew to expect oversight at the turrets. " She turns to Vesper and Thino, "You know where you all need to be." To Thino, once he has finished he communication, she throws a salute, "Sir, the ground crew at the turrets are expecting you."

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:19 pm

Oona's successful Leadership check (3S 1Adv) has the crew following orders, although they seem somewhat uneasy with her somewhat talkative and "informal" leadership style. "Commander, what shall we communicate to Colonel Rejard aboard the Serator? They request an update on the status of the fuel tankers."
Spoiler:
To this point, that name and ship are unknown to you.
Hell sees 'now' as the optimal time to commandeer an AT-ST before they (2 of them) are taken. Troops on the ground are scrambling to take positions. It is now or never, if it isn't late enough. There is a scaffold apparatus for the AT-ST's. It is not far. Same direction the Imperial Commanders walked, though slightly to the side.
Spoiler:
I foresee a 'small' confrontation. ;)

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:24 pm

Hell motions to the troop accompanying him to follow along quickly. The two of them make hast towards the walker. Hell keeps an eye out for others moving towards the walker. Preparing himself to have to commandeer the vehicle. So far the teams bluff has worked, he would use that to say he has been ordered to pilot the vehicle is stopped. The goal is to avoid fire until it is too late. The intimidating Nexu following along wouldn't hurt either. Any individual with such a commanding pet must be well respected. Hell's chest puffs up a little as he thinks the last bit to himself.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:36 pm

swrider wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:24 pm
Hell motions to the troop accompanying him to follow along quickly. The two of them make hast towards the walker. Hell keeps an eye out for others moving towards the walker. Preparing himself to have to commandeer the vehicle. So far the teams bluff has worked, he would use that to say he has been ordered to pilot the vehicle is stopped. The goal is to avoid fire until it is too late. The intimidating Nexu following along wouldn't hurt either. Any individual with such a commanding pet must be well respected. Hell's chest puffs up a little as he thinks the last bit to himself.
As Hell and Joons (minion soldier) make their way over to the AT-ST boarding area, they feel the ground tremor as one AT-ST walks off from the loading platform shortly before they get there. It turns left and goes off between landing strips in a westerly direction (at first). Soldiers move about around the nearby barrack, preparing to depart.

The scaffolding up to the AT-ST (silhouette 3) is two-tiered with a small platform between tiers. Ladders connect the tiers with a set of ladders on each side of the AT-ST scaffolding. Two Vehicle Corps drivers in uniform are already climbing up to the first tier.
Spoiler:
AT-ST Driver.jpg
AT-ST Driver.jpg (25.23 KiB) Viewed 4027 times
Spoiler:
Options:
1) Make TWO Simple (-) Athletics Checks to reach the top when or before they do. + 1 Setback die for being rushed. Failure on both rolls means they get way ahead.
2) Deception? Versus DD + 3 Setbacks (out of uniform, confounding orders)
3) Send Nexu after them?
4) Other?

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:22 pm

Helios and Joons hurry up the scaffolding towards the ATST as they pass the solider Helios calls out to them. "Make room. We are part of a special unit under the direct command of Admiral Cardot. We have just relieved word of the rebel forces location and are commandeering this vehicle."
Spoiler:
Helios; Uprising; Athletics :
1 Success, 0 Advantage

ImageImageImage

Helios; Uprising; Athletics :
2 Successes, 1 Advantage

ImageImageImage

Boost from the advantage left over above

Helios; Uprising; Deception:
1 Failure, 1 Threat

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:49 pm

Helios is able to climb rapidly enough to meet the first AT-ST pilot at the top (1 Threat = +1 Strain). Joons following close behind, as does the copilot on the other side. Falling distance would be 'short' (10D, 10S).

"Who in Hades are you? This is MY vehicle and no one is commandeering ANYTHING!!!" The man seems particularly possessive about his ride.

He looks Helios and Joons up and down and barks out, "Where'd you come from? Where's your uniform???? You better show some identification NOW!!!" He and his copilot both put their hands to the blasters on their sides.
Spoiler:
You can roll initiative (Cool) or try something else. Joons will have your Init.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:29 pm

"We are members of a covert team under the command of Admiral Cardot and have just revived updated information with the location of the rebels. By all means though if you wish to counter act the admirals commands take the walker and radio the communications tower. Our commander is there and can put you in touch with the admiral. I would be happy to not have the potentially disastrous results of a well planned rebel attack against such a sloppy command on my head. " Hell says tilting slightly forward and motioning for the pilot to pass him into the cockpit.

Spoiler:
I am waiting on a response but if the pilot does go to enter the vehicle Hell will shoot him. Also if they go to pull there weapons Hell will move to shoot them. I.e. start initiative. Ill go ahead and roll in case that is what you decide. Hell has the same skill for both cool or vigilance so it can be either one.

Helios; Uprising; Intiative:
2 Successes, 0 Advantage

ImageImage

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:09 pm

"Commander Bullard JUST GAVE US our orders, you fool!! I don't know who you are...." he says, extending his left arm to point at Hell & Joons. "...but we're going to find out!!!"

The ATST Pilot draws his weapon, flicks it to stun, and shoots a stun blast at engaged range, but misses.
Spoiler:
Maneuver: draw weapon
Incidental: set to stun
Action: shoot at engaged range
Nets +1 Adv. Pass to next check.

NPC; Uprising; Blaster Carbine:
0 Success, 1 Threat
ImageImageImageImageImage
:
0 Success, 2 Advantages

NPC; Uprising; Initiative:
4 Successes, 0 Advantage
ImageImage

Whoa!!! 1.6% chance to roll 4 Successes on 2 Green Dice. Tough luck.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:52 pm

Hell recoils from the blast stepping back slightly behind Jones as he brings his weapons up. Hell quickly aims at the first imperial letting loose a barrage of stun bolts which engulf both men.
Spoiler:
1 maneuver draw weapon
2nd maneuver aim
+1 boost from Jones
action fire

That is 10 damage before soak. The triumph will be used to activate a critical Hell Fired on stun (that is if a critical can be used with stun) should knock them both out.
Helios; Uprising; Ranged (Heavy):
1 Success, 1 Advantage, 1 Triumph,
1 Advantage(s) added From talents or equipment
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:19 am

The two Imperial soldiers lay prostrate on the top platform, unconscious form the stun blasts. Joons gives Helios a knowing nod and they both get into the ATST. Hell as the pilot, Joons as the gunner. Hell has the chin-mounted Twin heavy BC's. Joons can either shoot a grenade launcher or Lt BC.

Sil 3 Speed 2 Handling +0. HT 15. ST 12. Armor 3
TwHvyBC 5D 4crit Linked 1. Close(Planetary Range)
LtBC 4D 4crit Close(Planetary Range)

Did others below notice the stun fire from above? You do not know at this moment.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:14 am

{{Re-posting}} In the Comm Tower, before taking our leave.
DeepSpacer wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:19 pm
"Commander, what shall we communicate to Colonel Rejard aboard the Serator? They request an update on the status of the fuel tankers."
Spoiler:
To this point, that name and ship are unknown to you.

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:23 am

Oona turns to Thino and addresses him so that the rest of the room can hear, "Sir, we cannot risk moving the tankers until the threat is neutralised. Nor can we openly alert the Serator of the threat for fear of alerting the rebels. Permission to deliver the coded alert to Colonel Rejard?"

Barely waiting for a reaction from Thino, she whirls on the young officer who spoke, "Tell the Serator that one of the tankers is experiencing a technical anomaly and that they are both grounded subject to a full maintenance sweep. They should hold position and await further update."

We're really pushing our luck here. We need to get out of here and to those turrets quickly.

She looks across the room and identifies the highest ranking officer, preferably someone who looks inexperienced, "Now, we'll head directly to the defences to convey their orders. You are in charge, young man. Do not let us down."

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:27 pm

Vesper straightens her posture and clicks her boots together, giving her best military salute to the man Oona just addressed. Time to get out of here.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:38 pm

OK JoonsDennies, keep an ear out for two transmissions first sign of gaming let me know. We can't let those pilots get to their vehicles so get ready to blast them with the light blaster canons. If the pilots make it half way we fire. Hippodrome that give out fringed time to reach the tower, but we can't pass up this opportunity. I'll try to keep an eye out for our friends but they don't have much time.

Return to “The Story”