IC - "Lost Point, The Forbidden Zone"

The game's in-character (IC) narrative.
SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Re: 'bikes-n-cooks'

Post by SavageBob » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:36 am

DeepSpacer wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:45 am
"Those breads are 3 credits per portion. A total meal is 15 credits a person. The green milk is 5 credits extra." [/b][/color] (We are 10 persons, minus Helios, if one considers paying for a meal, or meals.). Several lesser-sized Gran mill about behind him doing various duties. (Avg. Xenology roll. Roll not needed, but if anyone had the idea....)
Cook.jpg
Vesper whistles at the cost. "Core Worlds prices! But I guess the bread must be worth it! Give us each a piece, just to tide us over." She hands over thirty-five credits. "Plus five more for your trouble."

She then tries to remember what species she's dealing with.
Spoiler:
Vesper Reshari; Uprising; Xenology:
1 Success, 0 Advantage

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:34 pm

DeepSpacer wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:55 am
swrider wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:23 pm
"No offense intended. Ikas-Adno makes a great bike, but I almost always operate at altitudes above 15 meters. They call me Hell and I could use a drink. What's say I buy us both one you tell me what there is to do for fun around here.
"Well, I suppose yar 'armless enuf." says the scruffy looking man. "But I have biznus to attend to here. I can't leaves."

"Gladnos(GLAD-no-s) has a small cantina three shelters down, two to the left."
"Ah great! Hey what's your name? I'll leave some credits with Gladnos so you can have a drink next time you swing by. That is unless you don't think he'd honor it."

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:31 am

swrider wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:34 pm
"Ah great! Hey what's your name? I'll leave some credits with Gladnos so you can have a drink next time you swing by. That is unless you don't think he'd honor it."
"Da creditz ar your'z to lose!"
"Da name's 'Eran. Now getz lost! I have biznus to attends to!"

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Re: IC - "The Assault on Ione"

Post by SanguineAngel » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:14 am

Oona catches up with the others in time to recieve a bit to eat, which she accepts gratefully. "Delicious" she mumbles through a mouthful.

She pulls Braxx out of earshot and whispers low, "I've just spotted a crate stamped with the Czerka logo. Someone is moving arms through here and I'd like to know who. Sounds like the sort of thing Tye or a friend of his would be into. Could you get Joons and Cintilla to wonder by casually - see if they can spot who it belongs to? " I'll keep an eye from a distance - see if anything stirs.

[OOC: Not sure how you'd like to handle this, DS. But thought I might utilise some of the many bods we have to do a bit of snooping.]

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:08 pm

Hell moves away from the bikes and passes over to where the group is at. "There are four bikes over there they appear to belong to a scruffy looking group. I wasn't able to gain much fro them, but offered to buy them a drink at the local Cantina. I'm headed there now to grab a drink and pay for one for Eran. If he stops by and finds I did it may soften his exterior a bit. Use the comm to contact me if anything comes up. I don't want to hang out here to long in case they are observing me." Hell provides quick directions to the cantina waiting only briefly before heading on to the Cantina. He resists his normal urge to run around making siren noises, but does seem to have a bit of a skip in his step. Obviously enjoying the ambiance.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:47 pm

SanguineAngel wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:14 am
Oona catches up with the others in time to recieve a bit to eat, which she accepts gratefully. "Delicious" she mumbles through a mouthful.
She pulls Braxx out of earshot and whispers low, "I've just spotted a crate stamped with the Czerka logo. Someone is moving arms through here and I'd like to know who. Sounds like the sort of thing Tye or a friend of his would be into. Could you get Joons and Cintilla to wonder by casually - see if they can spot who it belongs to? " I'll keep an eye from a distance - see if anything stirs.
We'll get on it." he (Braxx) assures you. He waves the others to him, gives you a nod, begins to devour his bread ration, and then departs.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:30 pm

swrider wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:08 pm
Hell provides quick directions to the cantina waiting only briefly before heading on to the Cantina. He resists his normal urge to run around making siren noises, but does seem to have a bit of a skip in his step. Obviously enjoying the ambiance.
The makeshift cantina is a portable shelter with an open side that includes a counter and three stools. For the literate, the Galactic Basic sign says, "Drinks". There are two scurrying critters about, looking for scraps. A rotund human male in an orange vest tends to some items inside. The green alien to the left gets up as you arrive, neglects eye contact, and coldly departs the area. Remaining is a being wearing a hooded coat.

(Consider as an adjustment.... the ground is earthen and the stools are portable ones. The window pane does not exist, open air to the barkeep.)
cantina shelter.JPG
cantina shelter.JPG (28.54 KiB) Viewed 3623 times

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:38 am

"They're Gran," Vesper says to Thino and Oona under her breath. "Family is important to them. My dad had a Gran business partner. Not sure if we want to ask him about this Heran fella, but appealing to family somehow might help get him on our side."

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:03 pm

Thino takes a bite out of the bread that had been given to him and chews it a few times before swallowing and acknowledging vespers remark with a twitch of his antenna, "Thank you for sharing this bounty with us sir, I do have to say, it feels good to see a nice family run business out in these parts, makes me miss the days when me and my family would work together." Taking another bite out of the roll and then continuing, "We always had a saying back home, that the family that works together is one that can be relied on to get the job done."

Taking another bite out of the roll Thino thought to himself, That's usually because a family that works together and can't be relied on, usually winds up having to deal with family members dying.

"Speaking of being reliable, you look like someone that a folk could depend on if they were looking for some information, we're trying to find a friend of a business associate here that goes by the name of Heran, have you seen them?"
Active: Thino Krist Vo Cari Thew'Ruk Turugh’aie’azanon
Inactive: Goran Hownar Edessa

Currently on Dubai time

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:04 pm

"Well...." says the Gran. "It is usually not good business to give out names around here, but you all seem legitimate enough. You certainly do not seem like Imperials or Ione Security Forces."

"Old Heran is at the end of the camp. Farthest shelter on the main avenue, north-ward."
Spoiler:
Leaving the two Advantages for now. If anything, they're closing up and you get some leftover foodstuffs to go. Not sure what another social check would entail except maybe a recruitment pitch, or another question about something going on around camp. Also, deception to say you ARE Ione Security and you want answers now! :twisted: :twisted:

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:50 pm

Hell speaks to the bartender ordering a drink for himself and placing one on order for his new friend.

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:24 pm

"Well, that was easier than I expected" Oona mutters to Vesper as she turns about to head for the main avenue, still nibbling her food. She keeps an eye on Joons and Cintilla to make sure they're okay.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:46 am

Joons, Cintilla, and the rest blend into the scenery like banthas in a street bazaar, but seem to be on the right track. They give you a (slight) knowing nod as you pass by, staying in their positions as it's only been a few seconds since they've been given their directives.
Spoiler:
Against all odds, the usage of the soldiers pays off! Though, we'll have to wait out the time needed for them to have sufficiently scouted out the territory in order to reap the results (both good and bad). I'd consider it a Skulduggery, Streetwise, or Perception check. Their stats are all 2's, anyways.

0.6% chance for 4 Successes!!!
9.1% chance for 3 Threats.

NPC; Uprising; Scouting out...:
4 Successes, 3 Threats
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:11 am

Towards the north-most location in 'Lost Point', you find that only one shelter juts out beyond the others. A doorway is visible form this side and the daylight dinly illuminates the interior. Inside, there is this human (pic) sitting at a makeshift table (barrel with a flat, square panel on top). He is in one chair. The second chair is unoccupied. He notices the presence of people (you) nearby.
Human I.JPG
Human I.JPG (24.79 KiB) Viewed 3598 times

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:48 am

Vesper pauses when she sees the scruff-looking codger. She whispers to the others, "Wait, didn't Hell say he met someone named 'Eran' and invited him to the cantina to soften him up? If this is our guy, should we invite him for a drink?"

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:43 pm

"I'd favour the direct route. He doesn't appear to be the type to mess around and with Tye as an introduction, we surely have no reason to beat around the Bush?"

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:41 pm

After a pause, Vesper replies, "Fair enough. Not it."

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:19 pm

"Right then..." Oona says, before clearing throat and approaching the man at the table.

"Excuse me for being forward but are you Heran? I believe we share a common acquaintance - Captain Tye...?" She hovers near the chair, hoping to be offered a seat if this is the man they are here to meet.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:03 pm

"Capt'n Tye! He owes me 6,000 credits! Do you have me 6,000 credits?" asks the older human behind the table in an angry voice!

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:45 pm

Well, I suppose we should've seen that coming. "In a manner of speaking... we've got a score, a big one. You can make your six thousand and more."

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:45 pm

SanguineAngel wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:45 pm
"In a manner of speaking... we've got a score, a big one. You can make your six thousand and more."
"Ya' don't say!!! I knew he wuz up ta' sumptin'!" he says almost shockingly as he stands up. "Tye owes me some payback for that fiasco on Burnin Konn. Whutz da' catch?" Heran appears to be a being whose been around the galaxy. He does not seem uneasy at all in dealing with people.

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:58 pm

"Well, I'll be straight with you, we stand to make a killing but no score this big is straight forward. We're aiming to hit the Imperial Fuel Depot, over in Corinthium. There is a fortune in misappropriated fuel stashed away for the Imperial Fleet in there, it's got to be worth hundreds of thousands to the right buyer. With Tye's help, we have a fleet poised to take the facility but we need assistance infiltrating the base and disabling the communications and defences. He says you're the man to help and we can cut you in. "

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:47 pm

"I'll be damned! I never thought that old pirate would pay up! I mean, being who he is, I can't MAKE him pay. But I'm glad that he is!"

"I have these speeders out back for yuhs. No frills, but will do the job."

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:21 am

Heran leads everyone out back to the speeders, enough for us to take into the Corinthium Province. Kessel begins to discuss who will stay behind and man the ship. Ideally, the infiltration group can enter and send signal to both the pirate fleet and the Red Dawn that any defenses are powered down. The ride into the province is somewhat long. People can ride a speeder (2 per) or use the sidecar to ride 2 or 3 per, or any sort of combination.

Helios arrives about this time from his stay at (what passes for) the local cantina. Heran is initially shocked to see that he is one of the group, but chalks it up to you all scouting out the area first. (Had the roll gone poorly, he'd of see Helios as the meddling crook.) Now would also be the time to ask questions of Heran before departing.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:49 am

Vesper gives a particularly worn-looking speeder a once-over. "Guess they'll do." But turning to Heran, she asks, "I can't help but wondering, Heran... Why does the Empire tolerate this settlement? Seems they'd be worried about someone doing what we're about to do. Is there much interaction between the folks here and the Imps?"

Return to “The Story”