IC - "Lost Point, The Forbidden Zone"

The game's in-character (IC) narrative.
DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

IC - "Lost Point, The Forbidden Zone"

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:13 am

Lost Point (2).JPG
Lost Point (2).JPG (23.88 KiB) Viewed 4015 times
The coordinates provided by Dairius Tye prove true, though, with no further detail as to what location to find this 'Heran Belruse'. It lies in the expansive plateaus of Ione, surrounded by occasional hill and forest terrain features. After landing The Red Dawn nearby, the group approaches the settlement.

Wary eyes follow the group the moment they exit the ship. Such a town is likely home to many unlawful types, and they are slow to trust newcomers. 'Lost Point' is very much like a frontier town, very few permanent buildings, if any, and mostly shantytown-like shacks. A human carries a collection of animal furs. A slate-skinned, square-jawed, short alien carries mining equipment. A large Aqualish stares us down as we pass nearby and a few others in gray, hooded cloaks turn their heads to observe us, still concealing their identity. Scattered about in and between buildings are crates of good concealed by tarps.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Re: IC - "The Assault on Ione"

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:16 pm

An aroma fills the air. It is difficult to tell if it is the smell of dirty laundry .....or food. The source is not immediately plain to the group.
Spoiler:
Being strangers in a strange land, a Streetwise check is in order. Looks like a 'group' check is about YGG. Helios has a Rank, Thino has Streetwise (x2). I'm going to maximize Boost dice to '2' since we're much more likely to be choosing who to ask (and where) rather than everyone fanning out to gather information. AVG Difficulty + DM-DP Upgrade +2 Setback dice (Red-Purple...CD+SS). LS/DS DP's are correct at 4/2.

Setbacks are for being 'outsiders' in this place and one for not having more specific details than a name (Heran Belruse). To 'fan out' by splitting up, the base difficulty would be Red-Red to start with, but you could gain a Boost for each PC in the group.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:38 pm

Stepping off the loading ramp of the ship thino gives a cursory look around and then takes in a deep breath, smelling the ambient aroma of the settlement, similar to many he had encountered before going through similar spaces. It wasn't exactly a dirty smell, so much as one that he often associated with this type of place, a mix of poverty and lawlessness that encouraged a certain element and made things harder for those just trying to get by.
In a vast galaxy plentiful in resources, places like this shouldn't exist, but they do because the people in charge allow them to, and their behavior encourages it. It was little different during the republic, and it had only gotten worse under the empire. It was enough to make an honest man act desperately. If there is a hive of scum and villainy in this galaxy it can only exist as a result of a corrupt and intractable government. This is what I'm fighting against.

"Lets see what we can find, it's better to stick together, for now, we don't want to go poking our noses around too many corners and alerting the locals."
Spoiler:
Active: Thino Krist Vo Cari Thew'Ruk Turugh’aie’azanon
Inactive: Goran Hownar Edessa

Currently on Dubai time

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:28 am

What Thino (and the others) observe is not so much a populace in poverty, but rather those beings who have a task they're working on and those who don't. Those with something to do and those who are waiting for something to do. The settlement has a feel of lawlessness, that is for sure. But there seems to be a certain calmness around. Everyone minds their own business, it seems. No one comes over to address any of us at this point. They only notice our arrival and acknowledge our presence. The place has no streets, save the paths between shelters. It is set up on a plateau between some trees and small hills.

Irregardless, that aroma in the air is most definitely food. The beings present here require nourishment and there's always someone to fulfill that need. Off to the side, through a narrow path of vision between shacks is a three-eye-stalk, goat-like alien wearing an apron and cleaning a cup. (3 successes) If Heran Belruse is a being who needs food to survive, he most certainly would have visited this person to get it. However, this place is still has an unnerving and foreign feeling to it. (2 Threats: +1 Setback die to the next social skill roll made by anyone.)
Cook.jpg
Cook.jpg (45.43 KiB) Viewed 4003 times

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:00 pm

Walking with the squad in silent observation Thino gazes around intently and with great surprise to find out that things didn’t look as bleak as he had initially surmised.

Without turning to adress them so as to not draw attention, Thino speaks quietly to the group, “so, tell me what you all see”

Currently on Dubai time

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:49 am

At the moment, Helios and Thino notice nothing beyond the obvious. At the end of the far side of the camp, Helios (2 Advantages) notices the an unoccupied Starhawk speeder bike with sidecar (not pictured).
Starhawk with sidecar.JPG
Starhawk with sidecar.JPG (15.74 KiB) Viewed 3987 times
Lanna notices no signs of slaves or acts of slavery here, which isn't always the case in such lawless areas. She (alone) notices a diminutive being walking between the shelters, difficult to notice at his reduced size.
diminuitive being I.JPG
diminuitive being I.JPG (16.83 KiB) Viewed 3987 times
Spoiler:
Lanna could care less about the settlement. The inhabitants, OTOH, is something she would pay close attention to...
Kallachitlanna; Uprising; Perception check:
2 Successes, 1 Threat
ImageImageImageImageImage

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:57 am

Vesper grimaces. "Not much to look at... But these ditches and garbage piles don't speak well for the place's sanitation."
Spoiler:

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:56 am

Oona addresses Brixx in low tones, "Try to keep a low profile, sergeant. We're a large crew and bound to attract attention, so watch for trouble."

She scans the surrounds herself, painfully concious of the dangerous potential of city fighting. Memories of past engagements stir at the back of her mind. She grimaces as she observes the buildings and shacks of the shanty town surrounding them with the countless vantage points an aggressor might utilise. She supresses a shudder, adjusts her jacket and strides on.
Spoiler:
OOC: Oona is primarily concerned with looking out for signs of threat - anyone noticeably gang affiliated - enforcers or the like - who might consider us a potential threat too. Although always concious of the possibility of imperial activity, she doubts there'd be any presence here, other than the usual informants and the like.

Oona Braitano; Uprising; Perception Check:
2 Successes, 0 Advantage

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
She moves up to walk beside Vesper, catching her comment, "I suppose it's not much to look at, at that. But consider, this place exists right under the nose of the empire. The people here must be fairly impressive in their ingenuity to sustain a settlement like this without any interference. Criminals and villains, perhaps - but people like this across the galaxy may be of invaluable help to our cause."

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:17 pm

SanguineAngel wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:56 am
She moves up to walk beside Vesper, catching her comment, "I suppose it's not much to look at, at that. But consider, this place exists right under the nose of the empire. The people here must be fairly impressive in their ingenuity to sustain a settlement like this without any interference. Criminals and villains, perhaps - but people like this across the galaxy may be of invaluable help to our cause."
Vesper nods. "Let's hope so," she says, taking in the settlement from Oona's perspective. "I just can't help but worry what might happen if we get into any scrapes; looks like I might be the only medic for klicks." She pats her medical satchel and then hugs it tighter to her body as the group continues forward.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:20 pm

Thino nods solemnly vesper, "Then we are very fortunate to have you here with us doctor, but as far as I can tell, the people here are not doing poorly," which comes as a pleasant alternative to what I am used to.

"If that is everything, I think our best bet for finding who we are looking for is by talking to the cook over there. This is a small settlement and not likely to have more than the single food dispensary, so they will be able to tell us about anyone in the area."
Last edited by Boutrose Saba-Norr on Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Currently on Dubai time

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:21 pm

Hell stars at the bike for a moment, before responding. "Some one has decent taste, that is one beautiful ride over there. A land speeder indicates there is something else worth going to nearby on the planet. If there wasn't why would they need ground transportation. The owner of that bike might be worth talking to. At the very least they may be able to help us get a layout of the area and some nice tourist spots or places to avoid."

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:29 pm

swrider wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:21 pm
Hell stars at the bike for a moment, before responding. "Some one has decent taste, that is one beautiful ride over there. A land speeder indicates there is something else worth going to nearby on the planet. If there wasn't why would they need ground transportation. The owner of that bike might be worth talking to. At the very least they may be able to help us get a layout of the area and some nice tourist spots or places to avoid."
"Good catch hell, I don't know about things to do, but it could definitely pose a threat for us if things were to go sideways and the owner got away to alert someone, should we have someone stationed by it before proceeding?"

Currently on Dubai time

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:56 pm

"I can go talk to him if you like." Hell says in an almost hopeful tone to his voice.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:05 pm

"We're a big group; won't hurt to split up," Vesper says with a shrug. "I'll go with you to speak to the cook, Thino." Then, remembering her earlier comment about scrapes, she adds, "But stay out of trouble, Hell!"

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:35 pm

Hell smiles as he separates from the group. He allows them to move further ahead before moving towards the bike. As he does he whistles loudly to draw a bit of attention to himself and then says loud enough to be overheard but not so loud to seem obnoxious,drunk or obvious."This is a beautiful bike! I have been cramped up in space for far too long. Tell me you beautiful girl is who is your proud owner?"

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:12 am

Oona notices no Imperial presence at the settlement. Yet, while passing by several shelters and tents, she notices the following symbol on a storage crate that is sticking out from under a tarp within one of those shelters. (Easy [1 Diff] Knowledge Education, Core Worlds, or Outer Rim check.) Nothing else inhibits the travel to the food provider being.
symbol.png
symbol.png (4.38 KiB) Viewed 3958 times

swrider wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:35 pm
Hell smiles as he separates from the group. He allows them to move further ahead before moving towards the bike. As he does he whistles loudly to draw a bit of attention to himself and then says loud enough to be overheard but not so loud to seem obnoxious,drunk or obvious."This is a beautiful bike! I have been cramped up in space for far too long. Tell me you beautiful girl is who is your proud owner?"
Helios realizes as he gets closer that this Starhawk is not in great condition, nor is it the only Starhawk present! The are four of them there. "What'n tartarus iz ya' doin'?" shouts a scruffy-lookin' human male who emerges from the closest shelter.
Human I.JPG
Human I.JPG (24.79 KiB) Viewed 3958 times

SanguineAngel
Flyboy

Post by SanguineAngel » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:05 am

Enjoying the company, Oona strolls alongside Vesper and Thino until they spot the food dispensery. Thino speaks and Oona, seeing the sense in his words, moves to follow him and Vesper when something catches her eye in the midst of the cluttered squalor - something out of place? The crate appears partially hidden and with a familiar symbol emblazoned upon it.

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:10 pm

DeepSpacer wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:12 am
] Helios realizes as he gets closer that this Starhawk is not in great condition, nor is it the only Starhawk present! The are four of them there. "What'n tartarus iz ya' doin'?" shouts a scruffy-lookin' human male who emerges from the closest shelter. Human I.JPG
"I am just admiring these beautiful bikes. I've been cooped up on a spaceship for too long around people who just cant understand a good ride. She yours?"

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Re: 'bikes-n-cooks'

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:40 am

swrider wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:10 pm
DeepSpacer wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:12 am
"What'n tartarus iz ya' doin'?"
"I am just admiring these beautiful bikes. I've been cooped up on a spaceship for too long around people who just cant understand a good ride. She yours?"
"Them'z iz spoken for!! You know'z wut we duz da' teeves 'round here?" The grizzly, old human man makes a chopping motion with his left hand to his right wrist, then makes the same motion with his right hand to his left wrist.
Spoiler:
The man does not seem open to conversation, a Charm check would be CDD+S. Conjure up some mundane speeder details about the most popular speeder type bike in the galaxy and try to 'wow'/persuade him? Piloting-Planetary Easy (D+S).... (Mfg. is Ikas-Adno, 15m max height, etc). Deceive him to think you have a reason to be around, or want to know something, or (something else?). Deception (CD+S). A setback 'cause you're nosing around.

For the others, they approach the eating area and see from a short distance.... A portable, makeshift cart of several pots of stews and porridges. Some with various grasses, some with unknown meats in them. Some basic ration-like, grayish breads. You suspect that people who don't cook for themselves likely eat here.

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:41 am

SanguineAngel wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:05 am
....when something catches her eye in the midst of the cluttered squalor - something out of place? The crate appears partially hidden and with a familiar symbol emblazoned upon it.
REVEAL...
symbol.png
symbol.png (4.38 KiB) Viewed 3938 times
Spoiler:
The symbol is the relatively well-known logo of the Czerka Corporation, industrialists, miners, and manufacturers of weaponry. (1Adv) 3rd largest arms mfg in the galaxy behind BlasTech and Merr-Sonn.

SavageBob
Jedi Initiate

Post by SavageBob » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:39 pm

DeepSpacer wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:40 am
For the others, they approach the eating area and see from a short distance.... A portable, makeshift cart of several pots of stews and porridges. Some with various grasses, some with unknown meats in them. Some basic ration-like, grayish breads. You suspect that people who don't cook for themselves likely eat here.
Vesper scans the cart and fails to suppress a wince. People eat this stuff? And she thought Alliance ration packs were bad. The Core Worlder points to the breads. "Hello there. How much are these?"
Spoiler:
Not angling for any roll; just breaking the ice.

Boutrose Saba-Norr
Flyboy

Post by Boutrose Saba-Norr » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:15 pm

Seeing that the Vesper had taken the lead, thino fell in behind her to back them up.

Currently on Dubai time

swrider
ISB Deputy Director

Post by swrider » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:23 pm

DeepSpacer wrote:
"Them'z iz spoken for!! You know'z wut we duz da' teeves 'round here?" The grizzly, old human man makes a chopping motion with his left hand to his right wrist, then makes the same motion with his right hand to his left wrist.
Spoiler:
The man does not seem open to conversation, a Charm check would be CDD+S. Conjure up some mundane speeder details about the most popular speeder type bike in the galaxy and try to 'wow'/persuade him? Piloting-Planetary Easy (D+S).... (Mfg. is Ikas-Adno, 15m max height, etc). Deceive him to think you have a reason to be around, or want to know something, or (something else?). Deception (CD+S). A setback 'cause you're nosing around.

"No offense intended. Ikas-Adno makes a great bike, but I almost always operate at altitudes above 15 meters. They call me Hell and I could use a drink. What's say I buy us both one you tell me what there is to do for fun around here.
Spoiler:
removed setback with talent Pass boost to next roll.

Hello; Uprising; Piltoing Plantary:
2 Successes, 2 Advantages

ImageImageImageImageImage

Hello; Uprising; Deception:
1 Success, 1 Threat

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:45 am

SavageBob wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:39 pm
DeepSpacer wrote:
Vesper scans the cart and fails to suppress a wince. People eat this stuff? And she thought Alliance ration packs were bad. The Core Worlder points to the breads. "Hello there. How much are these?"
The "cook" straightens his posture at the site of so many potential customers, and his three eyestalks raise up and scan the gathering crowd. "Why....so many hungry visitors! You all look famished!!!"

"Those breads are 3 credits per portion. A total meal is 15 credits a person. The green milk is 5 credits extra."
(We are 10 persons, minus Helios, if one considers paying for a meal, or meals.). Several lesser-sized Gran mill about behind him doing various duties. (Avg. Xenology roll. Roll not needed, but if anyone had the idea....)
Cook.jpg
Cook.jpg (45.43 KiB) Viewed 3922 times

DeepSpacer
Jedi Initiate

Post by DeepSpacer » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:55 am

swrider wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:23 pm
"No offense intended. Ikas-Adno makes a great bike, but I almost always operate at altitudes above 15 meters. They call me Hell and I could use a drink. What's say I buy us both one you tell me what there is to do for fun around here.
"Well, I suppose yar 'armless enuf." says the scruffy looking man. "But I have biznus to attend to here. I can't leaves."

"Gladnos(GLAD-no-s) has a small cantina three shelters down, two to the left."

Return to “The Story”